PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best Assassin?

EmptyCrustacean
01-05-2015, 03:59 PM
I'm not talking about your favourite Assassin. Or the best character. Or the most popular. I am talking about who is the best at their craft.
For me it's undeniable: it's Altair. With Connor a very, very close second. For one thing, they never got hit - proof of that is no medicine system.

Altair is shrewd and cunning and the Assassin that changed everything.
Connor is an excellent fighter, a dual wielder that would wipe the flaw with most of the Assassins.

I say that OBJECTIVELY because Ezio is actually my fave Assassin but realise he wouldn't stand a chance against Altair and Connor, although he'd be able to take on Edward and Arno simultaneously without any problems.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-05-2015, 04:03 PM
We had similar threads like this already.

But I agree with your choices of Altair and Connor.

I would have picked them as well :)

Only difference is that Connor would be first place with Altair second :p

Megas_Doux
01-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Altair as an assassin and there should be no contest in that. Then Edward as a character.

IFor one thing, they never got hit - proof of that is no medicine system.

Eh?????

Altair was owned in the beginning of AC I by Robert de Sable and Connor was hit by an injured Haytham too. In terms of pure swordsmanship only, I like Arno and Hayhtam based on their "fencing" style.

I-Like-Pie45
01-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Whoever shot JFK

Namikaze_17
01-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Well Alta´r never got hit in a fight so... :rolleyes:

Though I agree him and Connor are pretty efficient as Assassins.

But Alta´r takes the cake.

HDinHB
01-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Who is best at their craft as Assassin has little or nothing to do with who would beat who in a fight. The best Assassin would be able to avoid most fights in the first place. I don't buy your argument that no medicine means they never got hit--Connor was nearly dead at the end of AC3--he got hit bad. That's a game mechanic, not part of the craft. It would be like saying Alta´r is the worst Assassin because he can't swim.

In terms of training, skill, and contributions to the brotherhood--the craft, you have to give it to Alta´r, the Assassin's Assassin.

Megas_Doux
01-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Who is best at their craft as Assassin has little or nothing to do with who would beat who in a fight. The best Assassin would be able to avoid most fights in the first place. I don't buy your argument that no medicine means they never got hit--Connor was nearly dead at the end of AC3--he got hit bad. That's a game mechanic, not part of the craft. It would be like saying Alta´r is the worst Assassin because he can't swim.

In terms of training, skill, and contributions to the brotherhood--the craft, you have to give it to Alta´r, the Assassin's Assassin.

This!

EmptyCrustacean
01-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Some people taking the 'not getting hit' part a bit too literal... I'm not talking about in boss fights. I'm talking about in general with their enemy fractions.

EmptyCrustacean
01-05-2015, 04:56 PM

Yeah, sorry. There was one epic thread about this but I couldn't find it anywhere.

GunnerGalactico
01-05-2015, 06:00 PM
I agree with the OP. Altair and Connor are really good Assassins, and top 2 on my list.

After waying the pros and cons, I would have to give this to Altair because he is regarded as the most important Assassin. He was wise beyond his years and written a Codex that benefited Assassins of future generations ie: modifying the hidden blade so that users would not have to sacrifice a finger. Above all else, he restored the Levantine Assassins to their former glory and made them stronger.

Defalt221
01-05-2015, 06:00 PM

Strongest assassin: Connor. PROOF:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuwA5U1qgo
Best character:Ezio
Best assassin:Altair
Most hated Assassin (By the assassins) :Shay

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Strongest assassin: Connor. PROOF:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuwA5U1qgo
Best character:Ezio
Best assassin:Altair
Most hated Assassin (By the assassins) :Shay

Oh yeah, I saw that video. It was some kind of glitch that I got too.

Twas fun :p

DejaVu619
01-05-2015, 06:38 PM
I find Ezio quite annoying, tbh... Maybe it's because I'm yet to play AC 2...

The fact that he killed Tarik in AC:Revelations really pissed me off...

My favourite assassins are Shay (for not blindly following instructions) and Edward Kenway for being a cool pirate...

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Hmm. Indeed, the lack of a health system in AC I, AC III and AC IV does imply that they never ever got hit in a fight or accidentally fell of a rooftop. Storyline things are a different story but that fact remains. Sync system means that other than what the storyline shows, Connor, Altair and Edward never really got touched in a fight. I think I remember reading about it in the AC I manual.

Of course, this is all subjective but to me, the criteria for Assassin best in their craft does not only include how well they did fights and parkour. In terms of accomplishments, Connor simply takes that cake.
He was already very famous by the age of 20, so much that Charles Dorian mentioned him and his efforts by name. I don't think any of our beloved Assassins reached that kind of fame until at least the age of 40. Not to mention that Bellec places him and his brotherhood's power right there on top with Altair's and Ezio's brotherhoods. Those guys are legends

But anyway, lets look at it more in depth.

Altair was born into the brotherhood. He started his training at the age of 6 under Al-Mualim. He had attained the rank of Master Assassin by the age of 25 and became the order's best and most feared, unparalleled in any skill from combat to parkour. He would go on to continue serving the Brotherhood and usurp the title of mentor from his corrupted teacher by defeating him in battle. He would also battle and defeat every Templar in the Holy Land, and assassinate various Templar grandmasters. Altair would lead the brotherhood for 70 more years, maintaining activity in the front lines until the age of 62.

Ezio lived a lavish life unaware of his Assassin heritage. He was only given minimal training in parkour by his brother while his noble upbringing of course meant that he'd be well versed in fencing. Ezio would properly start his Assassin training at 17 under his uncle Mario and eventually go on to hone his skills more under Paola and the Venetian thieves. He would be inducted into the brotherhood by the age of 27 and become a Master Assassin by the age of 40. Ezio in the end defeats 3 grandmasters of the Templar Order in combat and would remain active at the front until his retirement at the age of 53.

Connor's heritage meant that he was trained from a very young age in hunting and combat. He had already been an established warrior at the age of 13. Under Achilles, Connor would learn even more about the craft of the Assassins, becoming a more dangerous warrior and an accomplished sailor.. He gets inducted into the brotherhood by the age of 15, the youngest for someone not born into the Order and becomes a Master Assassin by 27. He used these skills to cripple a very powerfully established branch of the Templar order almost singlehandedly and then lead the Assassins of the colonies into a new golden age until at least 1804.

Edward was born to farmers but he was no stranger to combat. He'd often get into trouble and fight his way out of it, so he has the experience. His days as a sailor are what honed his skills more and more. He became proficient in parkour and armed combat. Edward would go on to catch subtle hints about the training of Assassins from Templars when he arrives in Havana by 1715 and would use these skills during his time as a pirate in his late 20s. His skill captured the attention of Assassin Mary Read and attracted praise from her mentor Ah Tabai. Edward would later join the Assassins and gain more insight into their skills and serve them until his murder at the age of 43.

Aveline would have no training until the age of 12, when she attempted to free a slave only to be captured and then freed by Agate. Agate would take mentor her, train her and induct her into the brotherhood several months later. Her mission would become to free slaves wherever she found them. Aveline became the only properly active Assassin in the region of the southern colonies, managing to not only defeat her own mentor but also single handedly annihilate the entire branch of the Templar Order acive there. She would remain active, gaining more experience and honing her skills well into the age of 40, according to what Abstergo says in AC Rogue emails.

Arno is probably the eldest Assassin to start any proper training. Most of his experience was amateur at best. Arno joined the Assassins at the age of 21 and started training under Bellec. He would be inducted into the brotherhood at the age of 22 and go on to add 4 more years to his experience as an Assassin, taking down several important Templar figures as well as his own mentor. Arno would also become a Master Assassin at the age of 27 and stay an Assassin until at least the age of 40

I wont talk about intelligence, really even though it's a huge factor but no matter what anyone says, all of our protagonists are highly intelligent individuals.

poptartz20
01-05-2015, 07:47 PM
With that being the case I would definitely have to say Connor and Altair.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Hmm. Indeed, the lack of a health system in AC I, AC III and AC IV does imply that they never ever got hit in a fight or accidentally fell of a rooftop. Storyline things are a different story but that fact remains. Sync system means that other than what the storyline shows, Connor, Altair and Edward never really got touched in a fight. I think I remember reading about it in the AC I manual.

Of course, this is all subjective but to me, the criteria for Assassin best in their craft does not only include how well they did fights and parkour. In terms of accomplishments, Connor simply takes that cake.
He was already very famous by the age of 20, so much that Charles Dorian mentioned him and his efforts by name. I don't think any of our beloved Assassins reached that kind of fame until at least the age of 40. Not to mention that Bellec places him and his brotherhood's power right there on top with Altair's and Ezio's brotherhoods. Those guys are legends

But anyway, lets look at it more in depth.

Altair was born into the brotherhood. He started his training at the age of 6 under Al-Mualim. He had attained the rank of Master Assassin by the age of 25 and became the order's best and most feared, unparalleled in any skill from combat to parkour. He would go on to continue serving the Brotherhood and usurp the title of mentor from his corrupted teacher by defeating him in battle. He would also battle and defeat every Templar in the Holy Land, and assassinate various Templar grandmasters. Altair would lead the brotherhood for 70 more years, maintaining activity in the front lines until the age of 62.

Ezio lived a lavish life unaware of his Assassin heritage. He was only given minimal training in parkour by his brother while his noble upbringing of course meant that he'd be well versed in fencing. Ezio would properly start his Assassin training at 17 under his uncle Mario and eventually go on to hone his skills more under Paola and the Venetian thieves. He would be inducted into the brotherhood by the age of 27 and become a Master Assassin by the age of 40. Ezio in the end defeats 3 grandmasters of the Templar Order in combat and would remain active at the front until his retirement at the age of 53.

Connor's heritage meant that he was trained from a very young age in hunting and combat. He had already been an established warrior at the age of 13. Under Achilles, Connor would learn even more about the craft of the Assassins, becoming a more dangerous warrior and an accomplished sailor.. He gets inducted into the brotherhood by the age of 15, the youngest for someone not born into the Order and becomes a Master Assassin by 27. He used these skills to cripple a very powerfully established branch of the Templar order almost singlehandedly and then lead the Assassins of the colonies into a new golden age until at least 1804.

Edward was born to farmers but he was no stranger to combat. He'd often get into trouble and fight his way out of it, so he has the experience. His days as a sailor are what honed his skills more and more. He became proficient in parkour and armed combat. Edward would go on to catch subtle hints about the training of Assassins from Templars when he arrives in Havana by 1715 and would use these skills during his time as a pirate in his late 20s. His skill captured the attention of Assassin Mary Read and attracted praise from her mentor Ah Tabai. Edward would later join the Assassins and gain more insight into their skills and serve them until his murder at the age of 43.

Aveline would have no training until the age of 12, when she attempted to free a slave only to be captured and then freed by Agate. Agate would take mentor her, train her and induct her into the brotherhood several months later. Her mission would become to free slaves wherever she found them. Aveline became the only properly active Assassin in the region of the southern colonies, managing to not only defeat her own mentor but also single handedly annihilate the entire branch of the Templar Order acive there. She would remain active, gaining more experience and honing her skills well into the age of 40, according to what Abstergo says in AC Rogue emails.

Arno is probably the eldest Assassin to start any proper training. Most of his experience was amateur at best. Arno joined the Assassins at the age of 21 and started training under Bellec. He would be inducted into the brotherhood at the age of 22 and go on to add 4 more years to his experience as an Assassin, taking down several important Templar figures as well as his own mentor. Arno would also become a Master Assassin at the age of 27 and stay an Assassin until at least the age of 40

I wont talk about intelligence, really even though it's a huge factor but no matter what anyone says, all of our protagonists are highly intelligent individuals.

Beautiful post as always, _M <3 :p

king-hailz
01-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Well I think that Ezio was the most skilled assassin. Not depending on what the game system shows I think story wise he was seen as the most skilled assassin, at least in Desmond ancestry, I thought that's why Desmond used the animus to go as him so the bleeding effect would allow him to learn the best possible skills.

However if we look in terms of how the game play looks, then we see that Connor looks to be the most deadly, because he has fancy animations (although I think the animations from AC1-ACR are better)

Or maybe it's Desmond... He learn the skills of his ancestors so he is altair, Ezio, and Connor in one! Well now that he's dead maybe it's galina... I mean after hearing about what she did... I think it would be safe to say she is the most skilled alive right now.

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 08:23 PM
I thought that's why Desmond used the animus to go as him so the bleeding effect would allow him to learn the best possible skills
No, they went to Ezio because it was 2 birds with one stone. Train Desmond and find the vault. Desmond himself asked Lucy and said they could have just followed Altair in his early years so she stated that it wasn't just about that, it was also about the vault.

Thank you, spirit.

king-hailz
01-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Well he did that by the strict order of Prince suleiman! Although he did act too quick I think... but when you've lived a life of killing hundreds of bad people maybe sometimes you may end up killing the good...

I'm sorry but I really feel you won't enjoy Ezio or AC2 as much since you already played ACR showing his end... and probably why you didn't understand ACR as much...

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Well he did that by the strict order of Prince suleiman!
Lol and of course, we know that Ezio is a loyal Ottoman solider, amiright?

king-hailz
01-05-2015, 08:30 PM
No, they went to Ezio because it was 2 birds with one stone. Train Desmond and find the vault. Desmond himself asked Lucy and said they could have just followed Altair in his early years so she stated that it wasn't just about that, it was also about the vault.

Thank you, spirit.

Well I did say I thought.... well then I stick to my second paragraph... Desmond is the most skilled assassin we have played as... He learned the abilities of Altair, Ezio and Connor.

Out of those three I still think that Ezio was the most skilled, just because I felt like that and still feel like that when I play those games... Altair is a very close second, then Connor and arno and then Edward.

king-hailz
01-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Lol and of course, we know that Ezio is a loyal Ottoman solider, amiright?

Lol... but I don't like what he did there either... I felt really bad when I found out about tarik. And Ezio had the same exact emotion as me...

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Well I did say I thought.... well then I stick to my second paragraph... Desmond is the most skilled assassin we have played as... He learned the abilities of Altair, Ezio and Connor.
I know, i was just explaining.

He is.

Out of those three I still think that Ezio was the most skilled, just because I felt like that and still feel like that when I play those games... Altair is a very close second, then Connor and Arno and then Edward.
Sure.

king-hailz
01-05-2015, 08:39 PM
I know, i was just explaining.

He is.

Sure.

well that's how I feel... mainly because I felt the most awesome when I played as him than other assassins... but that's a personal preference I guess...

Also on a completely different note... your sig says you hate everyone... well then wouldn't that mean you also love everyone since I belive that love is the opposite of hate and if you don't have the feeling of love for anyone you can't have the feeling of hate for anyone and in that case since you don't have both of those feelings, they are indifferent to each other therefore when you say that you hate everyone you could also see it as you loving everyone...

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 08:45 PM
well that's how I feel... mainly because I felt the most awesome when I played as him than other assassins... but that's a personal preference I guess...
I know, I was just explaining, man. Ezio is the epitome of the powerful fantasy.

Also on a completely different note... your sig says you hate everyone... well then wouldn't that mean you also love everyone since I belive that love is the opposite of hate and if you don't have the feeling of love for anyone you can't have the feeling of hate for anyone and in that case since you don't have both of those feelings, they are indifferent to each other therefore when you say that you hate everyone you could also see it as you loving everyone...
Deep.

king-hailz
01-05-2015, 08:47 PM
I know, I was just explaining, man. Ezio is the epitome of the powerful fantasy.

Deep.

Lol.

Lol.

Shahkulu101
01-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Agree with your picks, would maybe add Adewale on there too.

That guy is brutal with a machete.

MasterAssasin84
01-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Edward Kenway ! Hands Down ,

That mab was born to be an Assassin, He also understood the Creed more than any other Assassin and was extremely unbiased in views.

Not forgetting he is an absolute Badass in Dual sword combat .

Followed by Connor The ultimate Hunter and a Native American Assassin who set the bar in the series for guerrilla warfare and combat ! Nothing than Stalking Red coats and Templars in the North America plains .

Megas_Doux
01-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Edward Kenway ! Hands Down ,
Followed by Connor The ultimate Hunter and a Native American Assassin who set the bar in the series for guerrilla warfare and combat ! Nothing than Stalking Red coats and Templars in the North America plains .

The ultimate chaffeur as well........ :p

Back on topic, in terms style I take Arno and Haytham based on their elegant fencing.

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Back on topic, in terms style I take Arno and Haytham based on their elegant fencing.
Arno's style is very different from Haytham. They kept talking about fencing with Arno but honestly, i felt like the finishing moves could have more closely followed fencing. Haytham is a lot more graceful with his slashing and thrusting finishers and counters. Aveline is the same.

Shahkulu101
01-05-2015, 10:38 PM
What about Al Muslim

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 10:41 PM
What about Al Muslim
He uses his bombs efficiently

HDinHB
01-05-2015, 10:44 PM

Women want him; men want to be him.

Nice mini-bios of the Assassins.

Turns out being a mentor in this series is pretty darn dangerous.

Shahkulu101
01-05-2015, 10:45 PM

Can't top that.

Cookie for you, good sir.

Nah but seriously, that guy must have been an unstoppable badass in his younger years. Didn't he say he killed a hundred guys? Might just have been trying to scare Altair though...

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Can't top that.

Cookie for you, good sir.

Nah but seriously, that guy must have been an unstoppable badass in his younger years. Didn't he say he killed a *hundred guys? Might just have been trying to scare Altair though...
Thousand. All of them superior to Altair and all of them DEAD! by his hand. He's not afraid. What could he- okay, I stop now

Women want him; men want to be him.

Nice mini-bios of the Assassins.

Turns out being a mentor in this series is pretty darn dangerous.
As dangerous as one young Assassin turning traitor. Thank you, sir.

Megas_Doux
01-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Arno's style is very different from Haytham. They kept talking about fencing with Arno but honestly, i felt like the finishing moves could have more closely followed fencing. Haytham is a lot more graceful with his slashing and thrusting finishers and counters. Aveline is the same.

Haytham is really, really fancy, Arno at time feels pretty close to Ezio in ACR, yet there are some fencing moves in Unity.

Oh, young Al Mualim by the way:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140829062530/assassinscreed/images/2/24/ACM_Al_Mualim.png

Shahkulu101
01-05-2015, 10:52 PM
A thousand? Nah, must have been hyperbole then. His past remains a mystery, which is pretty cool I guess. I think we're given a little too much information about certain characters...

Oh and btw, I know his name was Al Mualim... :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 10:52 PM
Haytham is really, really fancy, Arno at time feels pretty close to Ezio in ACR, yet there are some fencing moves in Unity.
He's extremely graceful. Yeah, I just wish there were more fencing-like moves in ACU

Oh, young Al Mualim by the way:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140829062530/assassinscreed/images/2/24/ACM_Al_Mualim.png
Another one
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141127121535/assassinscreed/images/6/6b/ACM_Al_Mualim_2.png

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 10:54 PM
A thousand? Nah, must have been hyperbole then. His past remains a mystery, which is pretty cool I guess. I think we're given a little too much information about certain characters...
You underestimate the power of the Master.

You know nothing.

king-hailz
01-05-2015, 10:58 PM

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Laugh

Ureh
01-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Best stealthy sneaky killer: Altair Ibn-La'Ahad
Can walk right behind his targets and give them back rubs without being noticed.

Best disguiser: Mary Read
If someone knew her true identity it's only because she chose to reveal it to them.

Best warrior: Ratohnhake:ton
Slices through legions of soldiers like a hot knife through butter.

Best freerunner: Ezio Auditore
He could even outrun assassins/templars that were younger than him.

Best eagle visioner: Arno Dorian
Could id targets and points of interest even if they're not in his line of sight.

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Best schemer: Edward Kenway

Megas_Doux
01-06-2015, 12:53 AM
Best freerunner: Ezio Auditore
He could even outrun assassins/templars that were younger than him.

If we take into consideration all the characters so far, I would vest that Honour to Volpe. That guy not only left prime Ezio behind in a run but also was older than him at the moment. That guy was really badazzzz.

Perk89
01-06-2015, 01:04 AM
Nothing against Altair, but I'm not sure you can pick him for this. Just because we never witnessed him get hit doesn't mean he didn't, and the combats feats we have seen don't seem as strong as some other Assassins.

for me it's either Connor or Ezio.
Connor is obvious-he's an incredible warrior who single-handedly wrecked havoc behind enemy lines. Ezio on the other hand is a legendary swordsman, and we start hearing dialogue in Brotherhood when he's still relatively young about the cred and rep he has not just among the Assassins, but the Templars and beyond. His dominance stretched to legendary status all the way to the Far East in his own time, and throughout time as being The Assassin who everybody else just kind of comes after.

Altair's claim to fame came from his philosophical musings on the direction of the order rather than his combat prowess or any such thing.

ze_topazio
01-06-2015, 01:21 AM
Desmond

He had the combined skills of Altair, Ezio and Connor.

HDinHB
01-06-2015, 01:23 AM

Thousands...but you can call him Al...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjCSK0oOlI

(or maybe Rashid)

I-Like-Pie45
01-06-2015, 01:39 AM
Desmond

He had the combined skills of Altair, Ezio and Connor.

and then he pressed a button and died

EmbodyingSeven5
01-06-2015, 01:52 AM
don't forget Ezio did destroy 3 separate Templar branches and like Connor brought back the brotherhood from the shadows.
1. Altiar
2.Ezio
3.Connor

ze_topazio
01-06-2015, 01:53 AM
and then he pressed a button and died

You need some serious skills to die like that.

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2015, 01:57 AM
don't forget Ezio did destroy 3 separate Templar branches and like Connor brought back the brotherhood from the shadows.
1. Altiar
2.Ezio
3.Connor

Ezio had it all easy, tho. He already had an army of Assassin supporters who got his back and the Renaissance Templars were poopy old men.

EmbodyingSeven5
01-06-2015, 02:00 AM
Ezio had it all easy, tho. He already had an army of Assassin supporters who got his back and the Renaissance Templars were poopy old men.

the grand master was da pope man come on........

Assassin_M
01-06-2015, 02:04 AM
don't forget Ezio did destroy 3 separate Templar branches
Just 2, actually.

and like Connor brought back the brotherhood from the shadows.
The argument can be made, though that even though the Italian Brotherhood had some tumultuous times, there was always an Assassin presence somewhere and it wasn't weak. In AC II, Mario was there, Paola was there, Bartolomeo was there..etc and all those people held some powerful positions and were leaders in their own right. In Brotherhood, Machiavelli was still there, Volpe, Bartolomeo...etc. Sure, they were in a compromising position but there was SOMETHING. The American brotherhood had NOTHING. There were absolutely, positively NO Assassins in the colonies but Achilles.

dargor5
01-06-2015, 02:06 AM
To me Altair and that's it. Connor is the Best fighter no doubt, he will slice you with a sable, crack your skull with a tomahawk and fire a shot at you just in case, but in terms of Assassin don't think so he is not cunning or stealth in every way

X_xWolverinEx_X
01-06-2015, 02:09 AM
the best assassin is one on there period when they are there is no stopping them :cool:

Ureh
01-06-2015, 02:23 AM
If we take into consideration all the characters so far, I would vest that Honour to Volpe. That guy not only left prime Ezio behind in a run but also was older than him at the moment. That guy was really badazzzz.

For sure. It was really hard for me to choose, I did consider Volpe but he did have a head start and I didn't really think Ezio was in his prime at that time (he hadn't learned climb leap yet and just a few hours ago he used Altair's codex to teach himself how to do special assassinations). I do credit La Volpe for showing Ezio that he still had a lot of room to improve.

GoldenBoy9999
01-06-2015, 02:27 AM
I think the award for best assassin goes to Connor. At first I was gonna say Altair, but Connor restored an assassin presence to the Colonies almost entirely on his own. He brought down many of the great Templars in the area, and reestablished the assassins there, which remain strong to this day. He was also a great fighter, and was skilled at Frontier survival, hunting, and tree-running.

After that, I'd go Altair. The amount of studying he did on the PoE helped the assassins greatly. He's referenced a lot by the assassins as being greatly influential. I think he really helped turn the assassins around.

Assassin_M
01-06-2015, 02:29 AM
but in terms of Assassin don't think so he is not cunning or stealth in every way
Please explain how a guy who can infiltrate a ship, take out a brute on it, plant a bomb and get out without being detected doesn't know stealth. Please...please explain.

Assassin_M
01-06-2015, 02:31 AM
After that, I'd go Altair. The amount of studying he did on the PoE helped the assassins greatly. He's referenced a lot by the assassins as being greatly influential. I think he really helped turn the assassins around.
Indeed. He's not nearly as mentioned nor as revered as Altair. Altair is the only Assassin who has been mentioned in every game since the start of the series. Just a wink wink nudge nudge who say that Ezio is more revered or more legendary than Ezio, amiright?

phoenix-force411
01-06-2015, 04:06 AM
Connor is probably my favorite assassin now. He's more realistic than most of the assassins. Ezio is the most unrealistic assassin with more icing on top. Altair proves second best. I don't care about who will win in a fight, I only care about their story.

VoldR
01-06-2015, 04:45 AM
What little I know

Altair - Creative, dedicated, respected, calm (most of time), gets caught and thrown by Robert and Abbas but not scratched in any cinematics.
- Lip scar and finger may be the only known injury.
Incorruptible by unlimited power.

Ezio - Fast learner, charismatic lots of friends and a creative designer of gadgets, legendary "untouchable" one man army after AC II.
First assassin to fly, use parachute & many other modern war machines.

- Lip scar, fell often due to environment or explosions, suffered the bleeding effect which resulted his blade broken.
Stab by an Orci brother, Rodrigo Borgia
Shot in brotherhood without armor
Drag by a carriage.
Vengeful

(based what little I know, haven't play yet)
Edward - Adaptive, sceptical, slow learner, greedy yet loyal for those with him, open to diversity, opportunistic, sailor, navigator, an able double agent, dual wielding, six shot,

- Only injury I know of is him getting shipwrecked and shot by the first rogue Assassin he have met

Connor - Naive, good listener, strong culture, stubborn, caring, survival instincts, wild life training, strong (tackle a bear), one of few Assassin using a bow, ambidextrous (different weapons), match maker, sits and look into the eyes of his target.

- turning cheek (lets others hit him), hit by Lee when young, tripped by an old man, father and son rumble and the chase of Charles Lee final stand.

shobhit7777777
01-06-2015, 07:39 AM

hehe

Assassin_M is the best assassin
/thread

Assassin_M
01-06-2015, 08:06 AM
hehe

Assassin_M is the best assassin
/thread
Yes.