PDA

View Full Version : Farcry 5 poll

potenza1
01-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Some people can´t vote in these poll. I would like to play to farcry with realistic dinosaurs:rolleyes:. its the perfect videogame for this. non-realistic farcry its a very bad idea:(.

JelleDekkers
01-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Yeah, something like the Hunter: Primal would be nice (Not for Far Cry 5 though, but for a standalone DLC.)

Or zombies... Like, big freaking zombies.

Susel26
01-05-2015, 05:16 PM
You gave us Elefants and Rhinos which is SOOO great!!! Now it is time for Dinosaurs! :) I wail for them since FC1 :)

Or a crossover with the licence from Jurassic World. Far Cry 5 - A walk in the park

StrayDog_RR
01-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Get back to Far Cry 2 and improve! I want realism and a real survival experience

NightGhost1994
01-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Get back to Far Cry 2 and improve! I want realism and a real survival experience
True.
I've heard that they are making FC5 with vampires, dinos and cowboys. Another no buy for me.

Billiam301
01-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Didn't see a link the poll or details of the poll so I shall leave this here :) http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-poll-hints-at-future-far-cry-settings/

Billiam301
01-05-2015, 06:32 PM
also is this poll still open?

Martythemerc
01-05-2015, 06:38 PM
​oh gawd NO!

sickandwired
01-05-2015, 07:53 PM
A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness - nice idea, but how is it going to be with a nice storyline?
A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet - please no!
A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s - maybe, if the war isnt the maintopic
A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru - yes!
A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires - meh, would be like dark
A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas - idk what Spaghetti Western style is and im too afraid to google it
A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak - nope, **** zombies. that **** isnt cool anymore
Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt - i dont care, bd 1 was quite okay
A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world - like 102318 other games
A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs - hell yeah, but not as far cry 5.
A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry - **** shangri-la

my thoughts

Stev1L
01-05-2015, 10:14 PM
When i look back at far cry 4 and remembering the look etc of those snow levels , i think alaska or siberia could be a very nice idea for far cry 5 . I realy liked the look of the snow levels and could imagine a open snow open world with more details like snowy forests and stuff could look very awesome . When i hear this kinda stuff like aliens , cowboys , zombies or dinosaurs it makes me very worry about far cry 5 . I think Ubisoft should look a bit more in the direction of far cry 2 and get more serious again instead of making a too ridicolous scenario . Hell Ubisoft your games are 18+ not 12+ ... At least they should not make a unrealistic scenario , they can make this in far cry blood dragon 2 for god sake ....

trapezius1
01-05-2015, 10:28 PM
What poll is this? Where?

travlsr
01-06-2015, 01:35 AM
I said post-Far Cry 2, that a smaller-scale story should be told somewhere in the Siberian wilderness. With frostbite and the cold replacing the malaria.

Extreme cold, excessive amounts of snow, blizzards, extreme wind. All while baddies who want you dead, chase you through the wilderness. As you lure them deeper into wild, you turn the tables.

It doesn't need a long, complex, mythical story. Just a dark, gritty, simple yet compelling one. Less guns blazing, less dumb side missions, less mass killings. More strategic take downs, more scouring for weapons/supplies, no free guns, no magic.

This series worked best when it evolved around a soulless mercenary, out for himself, and himself only, damming everyone along the way for the sake of his end goal. No morality, no sympathy...these last 2 have had the emotions of a lifetime movie.

Frag_Maniac
01-06-2015, 01:46 AM
Horrible idea. I don't want a Jurassic Park wannabe game, I want more Far Cry.

They're doing fine on the creative side. They just need to get better at the technical end.

BELLROY
01-06-2015, 04:34 AM
The only thing in that poll that sounded good was the south america cocaine thing.

Derp43
01-06-2015, 05:55 AM
I believe this thread is discussing the potential locations for Far Cry 5 that were revealed.

In my opinion, the only two ones that work are the Peru drug thing(As it fits in with Far Cry 3/4), and the Vietnam War(Seriously, we need more video games set during the Vietnam War, it also fits Far Cry's theme of exotic locations).

BELLROY
01-06-2015, 06:10 AM
I believe this thread is discussing the potential locations for Far Cry 5 that were revealed.

In my opinion, the only two ones that work are the Peru drug thing(As it fits in with Far Cry 3/4), and the Vietnam War(Seriously, we need more video games set during the Vietnam War, it also fits Far Cry's theme of exotic locations).

Agree 100% i forgot the vietnam thing.

Dinosaurs are stupid! Vampires are for girls and zombies are for DLC.

DapperHayden007
01-06-2015, 07:15 AM
I know this may sound bad, but for me I think it's all about what objects you'll get for the map editor (If there is one) so I think The zombie outbreak one may actually be a decent Idea, as people seem to enjoy making Survival horror maps using the in game editor, and not to mention if the Game itself was set in a city, being able to place tall buildings and what not may actually make the map editor more interesting, and not to mention, Far Cry games are usually excellent at detail, so Just imagine all the detail that would be in the city, a bit like a concrete Jungle.

However, the only downfall to this, is that Crysis does this style with it's games so it may seem like Far Cry is copying Crysis, however, I like the idea, so Zombies for me, only because I love making Apocalyptic maps on the map editor, and if Ubisoft made the zombies different to how other games do it, they could still make it somewhat unique.

I think my second choice would have to be Dinosaurs, mainly because there aren't many games with Dinosaurs in it, riding elephants worked so well in the game, so imagine how fun it would be to ride a Carnivorous Dinosaur into an encampment and just watching it shredding people apart in a first person (ish) view.

You guys have to remember, games should be about fun, not realism. The games that tend to stick more to realism just Don't work IMO. I hated the SP in Far Cry 2, but I do have to admit, I loved the MP.
I think Ubi doing a change like that in FC5 would be interesting and it seems like Far Cry is following a 2 year release pattern, so if it doesn't work, then at least they know, and they know not to make another game like that again.

Ix Johnnien xI
01-06-2015, 09:15 AM
They could mix them up a bit: have FC5 take place in the Blood Dragons universe in Vietnam with vampires and drug trafficers. Kinda like a merge between Robo Vampire (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QgqRqjMLyA8) and Manborg (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mISUM0qvFTQ).

To be honest though no matter, which setting they decide to go for they should give FC5 a reasonable four-five years development time. Add dedicated servers, custom map support, IGE, and an easy to use lobby system.

creedalien
01-06-2015, 03:26 PM
I just want Alaska or back to Africa FC2 place but with more animals real realism and i buy the game and story something like FC2 was.

xMiiSTY
01-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Zombie dinosaurs.

Ix Johnnien xI
01-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Judgeing by the poll results at IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/05/next-far-cry-game-could-have-vampires-or-cocaine-jungles) were going to get Dinos on an island.

trapezius1
01-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Laser dinosaurs in space.

Lushy
01-07-2015, 03:04 AM
In a setting like Escape from New York with different gangs fighting for control of the city would be pretty cool.

StrayDog_RR
01-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Judgeing by the poll results at IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/05/next-far-cry-game-could-have-vampires-or-cocaine-jungles) were going to get Dinos on an island.

How sad... if you really need to introduce dinos, make an expansion.... FC has nothing to do with dinosaurs.

Prince90000
01-07-2015, 11:26 AM
FarCry with space dinosaurs ;P. Based on an space invasion where aliens come to earth and attacked us with space dinosaurs! Now you are a alien soldier who got captured by humans and now you must go to your alien mother ship and win trust of the alien commander/president/boss and stab him in the back and now its when things get wrong!

izzyeckerslike
01-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Do we really want the game to turn into total fantasy? I would like the game to be in S. America or return to Africa & make good all the mistakes in FC2, animals were few & far between but now we can have Elephants,Rhinos Crocodiles & all the rest + calling up stampeding wilderbeasts to trample the enemy, Locations would be Savanah, mountain & jungle areas with tribesmen throwing spears etc.

SanityAgathion
01-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Is this the same thread and my post did not display or are there more of these "poll for next FC" threads?

Microcosmos, where main protagonist (whatever species that will be) is shrinked and everything that we deem usual size is just huge. Kind of like Carpet People, Gulliver or Maya The Bee, just a tad more gory to be considered a fairy-tale Set somewhere in backyard, jungle = your lawn and everything around. Conquering old rusty can as an outpost? Sign me up! :)

xMiiSTY
01-07-2015, 05:15 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5u4lyjJEJ1qh502no1_500.gif

LA.502
01-07-2015, 08:01 PM
FC5: main character jack carver. Main protagonist Doyle.
Jacks skill tree, animal instincts, regain his former combat skills, or hunting skills like such of the islands native tribe. Keep same curent cover mechanics plus something like wolfenstine tno cover system. Intense jungle atmosphere such as thick fog while in a thick jungle. Animal instincts can give jack the ability to see through that fog or his night vision from combat skill tree.
How we join or kill Doyle up to ubisoft.
The dlc to that game; if jack kills Doyle he will face Krieger himself, if jack joins Doyle then together they face mighty Krieger while Valerie and her black ops try to kill both jack and Doyle. Great co op potential.

By introducing new likable characters in their far cry games ubisoft has split it's audience into Rex fans and Ajay fans and jack carver fans. I like Rex and jack, ubisoft can think of keeping a certain character through out their future far cry games to keep the audience up to date with one or a few of them from the same story line. Iets give ubisoft constructive feedback to help them keep a great FPS going.

scrapser
01-07-2015, 10:36 PM
The Far Cry franchise has become a formula for Ubisoft so is therefore a lost cause. The developers of FC2 are not the team behind FC3 and FC4. FC2 was on to something very good and hard to find anymore. It could have been polished and refined with a follow-up release that would have made it an even better "fly by the seat of your pants" sort of game. Unfortunately most people aren't interested in a learning experience and would rather just have a lot of distraction based special effects and exotic eye candy spoon fed to them. As long as the graphics are amazing they are satisfied with that as realism (Hey...it's looks real...right? So it must be a realistic game). Much of each Far Cry game now comes complete with automated gameplay via screen prompts so the player has only to follow the bouncing ball so to speak. Can anyone say, "Simon Says"?

It's really a shame realistic gaming is being passed over for lots of Disney World type razzle-dazzle and fantasy. But this is really all about making as much money off each title as possible and has very little to do with content for content's sake. They say in their press releases they are in touch with their audience. But that "audience" is a cherry-picked focus group that tells them what they want to hear. In other words, the focus group is there to find out what "features" are most likely to increase sales. It has nothing to do with the game as an idea.

LA.502
01-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Unfortunately most people aren't interested in a learning experience and would rather just have a lot of distraction based special effects and exotic eye candy spoon fed to them. As long as the graphics are amazing they are satisfied with that as realism (Hey...it's looks real...right? So it must be a realistic game). Much of each Far Cry game now comes complete with automated gameplay via screen prompts so the player has only to follow the bouncing ball so to speak. Can anyone say, "Simon Says"?.

Far Cry 3 and 4 is like minecraft in a way isn't it? You can find animals to create better equipment, mine craft added more crafting although and less violence. Far Cry 3 looked great but also the experience added to the enjoyment. I think it's the experience they should focus on. Minecraft didn't need real looking graphics to capture an audience that can take their time to mix x with y to end up with z. Games are for a fun experience and if you happen to learn great too. I learned about Peru and their chaos in school not in a game(btw). I say that cause one if their suggestions for a game is Peru, that's all.

v4h4
01-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Far Cry 5 = Dishonored open world + Impossible creatures "animals" :)

Stev1L
01-08-2015, 05:54 PM
If far cry 5 is realy about anything like dino´s , vampire´s or such fantasy stuff , the far cry series finaly went total trash . To make an add on wich is different like blood dragon is ok but making a main game like this ..... Go ahead Ubisoft , impress those little kids with dino´s ..... Far cry franchise is for 18+ funny that ubisoft is aiming for below 18 in their games , and yes iam speeking about fc3 and fc4 too . Characters like Yogi & Reggie .... nothing but trash . Get more serious again Ubisoft , as i mentioned your game is 18+ and not 18- .

TBairdUBI
01-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Fun fact: The original CryTek Far Cry prototype had dinosaurs, and Far Cry 1 was an 'Island of Dr. Moreau' type affair with genetically engineered monkeys: http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Trigens

Frag_Maniac
01-09-2015, 12:24 AM
^It's widely known that originally CryTek were just going to make a Jurassic Park type graphics demo, then they decided to just go ahead and make it a game.

Pretty good accomplishment for their first attempt too. It had mass appeal in both sp and mp and there was a lot of fan made content for it.

anubis316wort
01-09-2015, 08:20 AM
I agree that dinosaurs would be great for farcry 5. But I also would love for it to be on the more realistic side( I realize how that sounds). It would be like a Jurassic park game which Turock used to be able to do fairly well but it has been a while and Far cry could do it. What I love about farcry is that there is a dangerous animal around every corner and it can give me an adrenaline rush. Just this morning I was running from a Rhino, ran into a leopard, running from that ran into 3 different Rhinos and eventually got killed by the leopard. It was great!

scrapser
01-10-2015, 04:20 AM
I'm playing FC4 and so far it is exactly like playing FC3. The only thing different is the new environment, new animals, new types of loot, etc. But the game is no different.

I forgot how busy this game is since I only played FC3 once (that was more than enough). There is way too much stuff going on (side missions, collections, crafting, things to read, loot laying around for the taking, etc.). The first time I visited a trading post roughly 15 weapons became unlocked but I can only carry one weapon until I go out and skin me a holster. While heading to the first tower I saw a flower to pick (this game is so hardcore) and went over to it. I got a "Leaving mission area" message! Funny, I thought this was a sandbox game.

I have played FC2 from start to finish at least 40 times and I'm already missing it.

oneil3417
01-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Just throwing this out there, but a Far Cry 5 with a Stargate theme would be sick. The time travel/ancient-alien civilization theme would give ubisoft a lot opportunities to do some awesome stuff.

Stev1L
01-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Just throwing this out there, but a Far Cry 5 with a Stargate theme would be sick. The time travel/ancient-alien civilization theme would give ubisoft a lot opportunities to do some awesome stuff.

Are you f****** stupid ? Go buy blood dragon ......

Kalpesh78
01-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Just finished playing Farcry 4. Loved it. Even though It was similar to FC3 I enjoyed it.

What I'd like to see in FC5.

1) No hallucinations please. Already bored of it.
2) How about upgrading and customization of the safe-houses itself. I mean... You take it from the enemy and they just let you keep it after its taken? They should attack (like in the normal world) with a bigger force, hence you have to fortify it with guns, turrets mines etc. Various levels of safe-houses will be a great addition.
3) I would love to see him customize vehicles as well. like wooden spikes upgraded to metallic spikes etc.
4) FC5 might want to get out of the jungles and savannas now. I'd like to see some urban action. Don't mind if its in the abandoned ghost cities of China.
5) Besides cars, bikes, planes and animals I don't mind seeing him on roller-blades or using the environment to his advantage.... like logs, rafts etc. (Man Vs Wild type survival)
6) I'm a big fan of parkour... Dying light just used it. I'd have loved if it was in FC series. This guy needs to be agile if he's to survive in a desolate land.
7) not all safe houses should look the same... I mean even a tent can be a safe house perched on a cliff. Make all safe houses look different.
8) Like Tomb Raider he needs to make a set of weapons based on the geography and his environment. Like glass pieces from a window can be tied to a stick for a spear.
9) He need not help the tribal fight an evil lord who is exploiting them... Not every hero needs to help the world.

GAmerBay
01-11-2015, 05:42 AM
A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness WOULD BE GR8
AND ALSO FAR CRY AS AN SCI-FI GENRE WOULD BE GR8 TOO IF DONE IN A BETTER WAY,IT CAN OUTSMART "DEAD SPACE"

Frag_Maniac
01-11-2015, 09:06 AM
LOL, seems like some people want it to be Sci Cry instead of Far Cry.

Stev1L
01-11-2015, 10:36 AM
All of the "i want sci fi or dino" idiots are 1 post accounts . Obviously just ubisoft stuff pushing the new theme for the game .

SP4RT4N117JR
01-11-2015, 12:02 PM
A lost island, with a forgotten civilisation. A plane crash to an uncharted mysterious land leaves a man searching for his son, and ultimately, a way out of the nightmare. An island filled with giant insects and large animals. The heart of the unknown, filled with booby traps, cannibal tribes and otherworldly entities such as demons and ghosts (malevolent ones, of course) face the challenge of this darkened island, rescue your child and escape this hellish land.

LaB0mb
01-12-2015, 03:04 AM
I hope Ubi realizes that Far Cry 4 owes a lot of success to FC3, not that FC4 did everything right and knocked it out of the park. This and many other threads exist because FC4 Players recognize the potential of the format, were surprised by some of the obvious flaws of FC4, and want to see the series go in the right direction.

My guess is FC4's direct format port resulting in little differences from 3 as well as really horrible scripts and myriad of elements that quickly became tedious, smells a lot like Ubi execs had their grubby fat fingers in the creative process too much and kept the game from being an epic. I understand the need to make sure a game doesn't Duke Nukem, but the way to ensure a game stays on schedule and makes money is set deadlines, support the creative geniuses, and then stay out of it. Disney Animation was drowning in useless input from execs until Pixar took over.

LaB0mb
01-12-2015, 04:04 AM
The DLC for FC4 like Blood Dragon to 3, could be whatever, Dinos, space, and that would be fantastic, but FC5 needs to be somewhat plausible.

Alaska could be awesome with island chains, mountains, beautiful forests, seasons, snow, glaciers and insane animals like humongous moose, killer whales, blue whales, porpoises, wolves, brown bears, black bears, polar bears, there's even glacier bears that have white hair with bluish tips (look it up). Huge flocks of bald eagles, genius Ravens, There are volcanoes, earthquakes, northern lights, and it's very remote with tons of epic tales. There's also shrimp. Forests and shrimp. Alaska has everything the Far Cry world needs.

There are some problems though. Who would comprise the bad guy's army? You shouldn't use the local tribes because that would be wrong.

I suppose you could go with a group of adventurers who get captured by an "off the grid" militia dude who loses his mind on the Aleutian chain or in Southeast Alaska. That doesn't feel right though.

The far west Aleutian Chain is close enough to Russia you could make the bad guy an ultra wealthy Russian dude who is a former KGB and was funded by Russia to covertly setup a spy site on one of the islands. The story could go that he never left because he was slightly mental.

When the Soviet Union broke up, a lot of industries were run by former KGB and they got wealthy in the process. He could have used his wealth acquired from being the head boss of some eastern Russian industries and purchased land on the island legally then covertly continued to transform most of the island into his fortress.

He could earn his illegal money by killing and selling whales,seals, hijacking crab and salmon fishing boats and killing everyone on board and selling the seafood to Asia. He could also be a center for illegal weapons trade deals. This is somewhat plausible since, Fedex's major distribution hub to Asia is Anchorage, as it is the great circle route between North America and Asia. The Western Aleutian chain is outside of FAA or ICAO radar so big planes could potentially land there for a couple hours and nobody would know.

Your innocent locals could be the Yupik Indians. They look like a cross between Eskimos and Koreans. They do traditional whale and seal hunting, use snow mobiles in ways you'd never imagine, and they have a super cool accent when they speak English. They're also a tough people with a good sense of humor.

The other problem with Alaska is the land would be a lot like Kyrat, but without the altitude. I suppose execs who want to earn a quick buck might like that.

LaB0mb
01-12-2015, 04:11 AM
I think the easiest and best would be Peru/South America, followed by Thialand/Vietnam area, then the Mediterranean.

I think islands in the Med would be neat since there's some amazing architecture, huge cliffs, the possibility of small city fights, a cool combination of old locals and new greasy rich guys, yachts, ancient relics and civilizations as well as mini city-states.

One of the reasons I play Far Cry is because they are destinations I just like being in. I love the idea of hanging out on a tropical island or traipsing about the Himalayas. I didn't really like Africa that much, and I'm not sure I'd like to be a survivalist in Alaska, but I'd love to go to the Med.

Stev1L
01-12-2015, 09:38 AM
A lost island, with a forgotten civilisation. A plane crash to an uncharted mysterious land leaves a man searching for his son, and ultimately, a way out of the nightmare. An island filled with giant insects and large animals. The heart of the unknown, filled with booby traps, cannibal tribes and otherworldly entities such as demons and ghosts (malevolent ones, of course) face the challenge of this darkened island, rescue your child and escape this hellish land.

Next 1 post ubisoft employee account pushing the crap dino theme .....

The DLC for FC4 like Blood Dragon to 3, could be whatever, Dinos, space, and that would be fantastic, but FC5 needs to be somewhat plausible.

Agreeing with you for 100 % and thats the way it should be , like far cry was ever since "somewhat plausible" .

xMiiSTY
01-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Next 1 post ubisoft employee account pushing the crap dino theme .....

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Uq734_nZ7Eo/0.jpg

Stev1L
01-12-2015, 05:52 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Uq734_nZ7Eo/0.jpg

Not in a regular far cry game sorry . Since you´r making non stop dino posts too it seems that its final that there will be dino´s in far cry 5 . Well i guess far cry 4 was the last far cry for me then since its going fully trash now . Seems like to much people taking drugs in the far cry development team . I would suggest a scenario in a jungle enviroment like columbia or something like alaska / sibiria . The snow levels of far cry 4 look´d realy nice so i stronly could imagine a whole game with such an enviroment .

xMiiSTY
01-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Not in a regular far cry game sorry . Since you´r making non stop dino posts too it seems that its final that there will be dino´s in far cry 5 . Well i guess far cry 4 was the last far cry for me then since its going fully trash now .

I just like dinosaurs, bro.
http://www.animateit.net/data/media/nov2011/f44ocl.gif

I also like zombies.
http://data1.whicdn.com/images/32457852/large.gif

And Shangri-La.
https://33.media.tumblr.com/7c2a0d95ad4c4eeadca5a81a607c1fbe/tumblr_ngxnhcmyHX1tmserio1_400.gif

AND Blood Dragon!
[Insert cool gif of Blood Dragon here]

AND COCAI... what.

Stev1L
01-12-2015, 06:37 PM
You´re a perfect example whats wrong with ubisoft . To many highlife employes wich dont give a **** about the community and just go too crazy after all . It´s like in the eagle thread you responded recently . So many people complaining about the ridicolous ammount of eagle attacks wich is nothing but a overcommitted feature made by some teenage character ubisoft employees wich where like "Oh man those eagle attacks are cool , need to happen at least every 2-3 minutes bro" . Basically its so simple to make a good game , specialy when you got a strong base game like far cry 3/4 mechanics . But i guess with only highlife teenage characters in the development team its only a matter of time till far cry gets fully trash . I like shangri la too tho :) . But thats something else , its a seperate fantasy world wich you can do , or leave behind .

wildschwein75
01-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Imagine that.

You are a scientist (CIA or United States Special Forces)...ok you are a military scientist.

Your order is to go deep into the south american jungle to find some....to search for some special artifacts (classified).

You are supportet by a team of Special Forces. ( 4 coop multiplayer ?)

Your mission is to go in, find the the artifacts, survive and bring them back.

You can imagine by your own what types of enemys are hidden deep in the south american jungles.

Susel26
01-13-2015, 02:04 PM
With the exception of Far Cry 2 the Far Cry series had always fantasy/fiction elements.

FC1: Mutants
FC3: Rakyat Mystic
FC4: Shangri La

And of course Blood Dragon....

So i see no problem to do a fictional environment like a Dinosaur-Island or even a Dinosaur Park like JP.

Richard_138
01-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Yes a dinosaur themed Far Cry please!

I don't understand that some people think it does not fit in the FC franchise. FC Always have been about being in a remote place away from civilization. It had mutants in FC1 and other mystical **** in other parts of the franchise. Besides you can make a serious game with dinosaurs.

But yeah having a remote Island with you, dinosaurs, some mercenary type of force with sinister plans, sounds like a perfect idea.

Coffypot16
01-14-2015, 02:39 AM
Vietnam would totally be better than dinosaurs. The jungle atmosphere would be awesome, so would the weapons, locations and vehicles. Also, the story would be great and the whole surviving in wilderness experience would be immersive and unpredictable.

Lipcancerchimp
01-14-2015, 04:25 AM

You nearly described a game called The Forest. Check it out.

LaMOi
01-14-2015, 11:28 AM
My vision for FAR CRY 5

Im thinking extreme semi realistic survival.... Having to hunt to eat to replenish health. Ability to make traps, and perhaps custom 'primal' weapons (bows, axe, spears etc).

im thinking - Rambo: first blood, Predator, MGS: Snaker eater type of experience.

And then with Dinosaurs and humans... Day and night cycle that gives different experiences a bit like FarCry 2 where enemies would sleep at night, with a Dying Light kinda vibe where perhaps night hunters, deadly dinosaur that would only come out at night...

im totally into the whole dinosaurs in Farcry 5 Ubisoft.... Great idea.... I actually loved Turok on the xbox360... Chk my video back in the day... It shows what Farcry 5 could be (albeit a whole lot better)!!!

Chk the little dinosaur that mauls a Ai enemy at the end of the video saving my butt...
http://youtu.be/J-tQWzPoKGc

gngrbrdman007
01-14-2015, 01:05 PM
Hopefully this thread's answers are taken into consideration along with the poll that was sent out.

I would personally prefer a more realistic setting, the Peru and Alaska suggestions are my picks although what i really want is a return to UAC with proper wildlife and NPC's. A return to the freedom of FC2, where you could approach a mission the way you wanted. There was too many restrictions with FC4, (sneak through this mission, don't leave this area etc).

Also saw someone post a suggestion about the Chinese ghost towns, these could be a great setting if treated right.

Dino's seems the most popular from searches (but not here TF, while this would make a good DLC (Blood Dragon style) I don't want them in the main game, something more serious and mature please.

No DJ Rambi Ray Ranna/ yogi and Reggie style characters, childish and annoying.

Zombies, vampires, sci fi, off world, BD2.....no thank you, avoid like the plague.

Crawlerass
01-15-2015, 08:49 PM
How about china?maybe china are often to use for a game,but i think china is very cool,cause china have a great wall thats a most beautiful of scenery,the legend emperor,the legend animal : Dragon.
China have something unique for far cry 5.
Think about it. :)

clockner
01-15-2015, 09:14 PM
Adding dinosaur´s to a far cry game , and i thought yogi & regi are kid stuff already , seriously ubisoft what the hell are you guys smoking ? After all you´re making a 18+ Game . Why not adding pokemons in the next far cry ?

http://666kb.com/i/cva3odtlye8j89fry.jpg

travlsr
01-15-2015, 09:45 PM
I don't really care what the first game had. Far Cry 2 was better than Far Cry 1 and Instincts Predator.

gngrbrdman007
01-16-2015, 04:57 AM
[QUOTE=clockner;10521615]Adding dinosaur´s to a far cry game , and i thought yogi & regi are kid stuff already , seriously ubisoft what the hell are you guys smoking ? After all you´re making a 18+ Game . Why not adding pokemons in the next far cry ?

And dont forget that DJ Rabi Ray Rana, talking about taking craps on bodies as a "serial killer calling card" too childish for my personal tastes

clockner
01-16-2015, 08:55 AM
Now you mentioned rabi ray rana , man i double facepalmed when the conversation started where he was on the phone talking about stuff like if AJ has a clean bud and with what kinda stuff he wipes his bud off because he needs a clean bud for fighting the royal army . Holy s*** , these conversations ...... some guys at ubisoft must be taking crack to add such a nonsense in a game .

LaB0mb
01-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Look at it this way. The kids who think dinosaurs are a good idea, will still play a semi real Far Cry 5 that uses the same 'rules' for the worlds of Far Cry 2, 3, and 4 and no dinosaurs. They don't care that much. But you're going to lose some people if the premise gets stupid. Potentially you'll lose a lot of people, including the guys who write game reviews and recognize what the genre Far Cry has become.

But, with this formula you have going and the worlds you can create, why stop with the Far Cry line? Make as many lines as you want. Continue with a variant of Blood Dragon, add a western world, dinosaur/science Jurassic park type world, go into space, and use a wilderness survivalist line, change the name up a bit so people recognize the connection to Far Cry but branch out. One of those variants may take off more than Far Cry. Point is, Far Cry is what it is, and if you change what people expect it to be too much, you'll lose them.

clockner
01-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Right . If you want to make a dinosaur game then name it Far Cry Turok , Far Cry Jurassic Arse or whatever but let the main far cry 5 game untouched from this kid stuff , again your making a 18+ game ubisoft so make a game for 18+´ses and not for everything below .

DARNOC99
01-18-2015, 09:25 PM
A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness - nice idea, but how is it going to be with a nice storyline?
A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s - maybe, if the war isnt the maintopic
A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires - meh, would be like dark
A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas - idk what Spaghetti Western style is and im too afraid to google it
A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak - nope, **** zombies. that **** isnt cool anymore
Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt - i dont care, bd 1 was quite okay
A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world - like 102318 other games
A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs - hell yeah, but not as far cry 5.

my thoughts

The Peru idea with some Mayan mysticism would fall in great with the FAR CRY ethos !

clockner
01-18-2015, 10:53 PM
The Peru idea with some Mayan mysticism would fall in great with the FAR CRY ethos !

100 % with you !

Assault57
01-19-2015, 12:02 AM
Plz keep this game more realistic like fc2, fc3 and fc4 have..Dino ,zombie,space,those are compeletly unacceptable...

StrayDog_RR
01-19-2015, 09:20 AM
Adding dinosaur´s to a far cry game , and i thought yogi & regi are kid stuff already , seriously ubisoft what the hell are you guys smoking ? After all you´re making a 18+ Game . Why not adding pokemons in the next far cry ?

http://666kb.com/i/cva3odtlye8j89fry.jpg

I lol'd

LaMOi
01-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Hopefully this thread's answers are taken into consideration along with the poll that was sent out.

I would personally prefer a more realistic setting, the Peru and Alaska suggestions are my picks although what i really want is a return to UAC with proper wildlife and NPC's. A return to the freedom of FC2, where you could approach a mission the way you wanted. There was too many restrictions with FC4, (sneak through this mission, don't leave this area etc).

No DJ Rambi Ray Ranna/ yogi and Reggie style characters, childish and annoying

totally agree... Need the openness of farcry 2.... How day and night impacted gameplay, with enemies sleeping at night etc! Whatever happened to that? And also wounding a guy with a sniper rifle and seeing them try to crawl to safety or there friend try to save them... What happened to that? I'll never forget when I found this guy I had shot from afar leaning up against a shak, breathing heavily and when he saw me he try to raising his pistol up to shoot me so I shot him!! It was amazing!!

but also, again, comedy characters in games.... Pls either don't bother or get some better writers.... You try to be cute with characters like that but it' just comes off as corny, contrived and is tedious to sit tho......

Prince_Of_Persia
01-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Seriously??? People want Dinner sauce for Far Cry 5? & There I am expecting it to be more realistic and difficult... I don't want fairy tale and lalaa land. I want real real real... \o/

ST1NGY
01-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Yeah, something like the Hunter: Primal would be nice (Not for Far Cry 5 though, but for a standalone DLC.)

Or zombies... Like, big freaking zombies.
Holy crap. I'd kill to play that. An expansion pack for FC4 with zombies would be so freakin cool.

Also saw someone post a suggestion about the Chinese ghost towns, these could be a great setting if treated right.

Dino's seems the most popular from searches (but not here TF, while this would make a good DLC (Blood Dragon style) I don't want them in the main game, something more serious and mature please.

No DJ Rambi Ray Ranna/ yogi and Reggie style characters, childish and annoying.

Zombies, vampires, sci fi, off world, BD2.....no thank you, avoid like the plague.
I kinda enjoyed DJ rambi, and Yogi and reggie had some great missions IMO. I do agree that zombies, vampires or dinos etc. Should always be considered with DLC's and away from the main game, in respect to those who prefer realistic a environment

omerluxy
01-27-2015, 07:33 PM
i think a far cry that involves ISIS will be awesome !!!

Kiro_2012
01-28-2015, 06:37 PM
clothes ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ESwjlOZkY

Particle effects .. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iuVdLl5CIM

This is game of 2010 !!!
:)

___

Kiro_2012
01-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Real next-gen destruction effects !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grIVUDH4FIM

_____

game of 2007 !!!

8 years ago !!! 8 !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1juWXxjFSZg

many objects as you see in crysis was used in far-cry-4 too ..

====

Allu_7
02-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Came here to submit my point of view of the next Far Cry game.

Firstly, for me, Far Cry means cold hard, brutal reality, where the character is thrown into civil wars or conflicts and must survive between brutal nature (weather, animals), enemy troops and moral decisions*. Realism, thats the key. Far Cry has also been there to define graphical and phys(x)ical boundaries to the industry. Pretty good job done there, Id say.
Story plays a big role too, I like it realistic, where player is allowed to dive in to the drama, and not just be a third person viewer on the right side of the screen.
For myself, the vote goes 'Nam, 1969. The vampires and dinosaurs sound utterly stupid and unrealistic fairytale, "pardon my French".
I get that this is a matter of taste and perspect, and Im fine with that, but looking back to Far Cry 3 and 2, dinosaurs would miss the key point in terms of story-line. If somebody wants dinosaurs, make it DLC.
The most Im waiting of Far Cry 5 is enhanced physics. FC4 made a nice effort in terms of making things seem realistic, but as a long-term PC gamer, I think the industry needs to take a leap in this matter, may FC be pioneer. Weather effects also need more kick, FC3 did a nice job here; sunny day turns into stormy night with thunder and rain.
I absolutely loved the weaponry of FC4; it allowed for very personal setup whether you like silent action (like me) or head-dive gunfire, +1 for that.

(*referring to FC3 and FC4)

omerluxy
02-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Came here to submit my point of view of the next Far Cry game.

Firstly, for me, Far Cry means cold hard, brutal reality, where the character is thrown into civil wars or conflicts and must survive between brutal nature (weather, animals), enemy troops and moral decisions*. Realism, thats the key. Far Cry has also been there to define graphical and phys(x)ical boundaries to the industry. Pretty good job done there, Id say.
Story plays a big role too, I like it realistic, where player is allowed to dive in to the drama, and not just be a third person viewer on the right side of the screen.
For myself, the vote goes 'Nam, 1969. The vampires and dinosaurs sound utterly stupid and unrealistic fairytale, "pardon my French".
I get that this is a matter of taste and perspect, and Im fine with that, but looking back to Far Cry 3 and 2, dinosaurs would miss the key point in terms of story-line. If somebody wants dinosaurs, make it DLC.
The most Im waiting of Far Cry 5 is enhanced physics. FC4 made a nice effort in terms of making things seem realistic, but as a long-term PC gamer, I think the industry needs to take a leap in this matter, may FC be pioneer. Weather effects also need more kick, FC3 did a nice job here; sunny day turns into stormy night with thunder and rain.
I absolutely loved the weaponry of FC4; it allowed for very personal setup whether you like silent action (like me) or head-dive gunfire, +1 for that.

(*referring to FC3 and FC4)

exactly what i think !
make this guy a the leader of the far cry projects !

Billiam301
02-08-2015, 04:51 PM
I personally would like a game in South America or Alaska as they could fit the style of a Far Cry game and most of the other settings sounds too 'Far from Reality' for a Far Cry game.

HOWEVER.

For years I have been wanting a well made, decent open world Dinosaur game set in a varied landscape (jungles, coast, mountains and fields) and I reckon with the mechanics and systems (eg hunting/crafting) of a Far Cry game it would be perfect; therefore I hope that someday Ubisoft create a opened world dinosaur game and NOT as a short downloadable game like Blood Dragon

Frag_Maniac
02-08-2015, 11:51 PM
I personally would like a game in South America or Alaska as they could fit the style of a Far Cry game and most of the other settings sounds too 'Far from Reality' for a Far Cry game.

I vote South America with some Juno Reactor mission music. Juno Reactor are a very popular band similar in style to The Bombay Royale, except with a Brazilian theme. Like The Bombay Royale, some of Juno Reactor's scores have been used in movies.

For years I have been wanting a well made, decent open world Dinosaur game set in a varied landscape (jungles, coast, mountains and fields) and I reckon with the mechanics and systems (eg hunting/crafting) of a Far Cry game it would be perfect; therefore I hope that someday Ubisoft create a opened world dinosaur game and NOT as a short downloadable game like Blood Dragon

Kinda goes against what you said above of "most of the other settings sounds too 'Far from Reality' for a Far Cry game". I mean, we are talking Far Cry 5 here, not a dinosaur spin off to Blood Dragon.

Billiam301
02-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Kinda goes against what you said above of "most of the other settings sounds too 'Far from Reality' for a Far Cry game". I mean, we are talking Far Cry 5 here, not a dinosaur spin off to Blood Dragon.

I meant an Ubisoft dinosaur game that isn't part of the far cry series but makes use of similar mechanics

Frag_Maniac
02-10-2015, 12:04 AM
I meant an Ubisoft dinosaur game that isn't part of the far cry series but makes use of similar mechanics

Except when you say it in a Far Cry 5 thread, it's a bit misleading. Some have suggested themes well out of the Far Cry norm, even for the Far Cry series.

farameira
02-10-2015, 06:48 PM

Yeah, in FC2 they don't treat us like pussies. Minor gripes aside it's a more immersing experience than FC3 or FC4 where you're told exactly what to do - and they like to hold your hand almost all the way.

Prince_Of_Persia
02-18-2015, 10:33 AM
To Far Cry developer team, what do understand when you hear "Far Cry"? The word delivers Emotion... Whats the emotion related to? A negative Villain. Please not only want to explore a beautiful environment, characters, situataion... Far Cry 4 failed to deliver emotion in a situation. In FarCry 3, was much better directed like the 15 mins, were really one of the best in any games I have ever played. Far Cry 4, had some cons over 3, but lacked a lot of stuff. Especially the stuff that I expected, that is connecting with the environment. It did delivered the beautiful, but lacked interraction. I really don't want you guys to hurry on 5, I want you to take your own time and creat a masterpeice. I mean I not that big fan of MP section, so I won't even touch that part. But people out here have been suggesting you guys to make the MP better. So they are pro at it. But I am here for the SP part. Frankly speaking I played FC3 SP 9 times and I am playing FC 4, 5th time (which is going to be the last). Its not giving the same thing which FC 3 delivered... I mean all FC4 did, was put in the same kind side quest all over the Kyrat. The same treasure chest been used since AC2 or AC1? I mean wtf? Collecting lost letters, treasure chest. No matter which games I have played developed by you guys, I feel the same. From past 4 to 5 installments, its nothing but the same experience. I mean even FC4 had a great environment (even tough not good as expected one), still the lip synchronization was incorrect. The character had same skins. I mean I felt that it was really cheap!!! I mean you guys marketed the game in such amazing way, climb MT Everest. Only few teleporting missions were there? I thought we would be literally climb the MT, etc. I mean seriously, drop the way you market the product. Its not the same thing which you promise to deliver. The FC4, is a good game. But trust me its not a masterpeice. I am tried of climbing watch towers, opening the case. It just felt like you guys had nothing more to do when it comes with interaction with the environment. Just throw the cases all over the map. Duh, money doesn't makes a difference in the wild. I swear to god, more of your future games come the way, I am afraid you guys would loose the title you have owned so far. I really don't want another upgrade, I really want a different game everytime I buy it. The Last of Us, is a game that I have played the maximum number, it even beat Prince Of Persia. Can the next game have depth in gameplay, characters, environment, music, etc. Making a game is not a business, its an art. If you guys are taking it as a business, you will run out it. N if you guys take it as an art, you will nail it. Its upsetting for me to write this letter to you guys... But seriously, had too...

JackLanternTV
02-18-2015, 08:11 PM
A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness - No, unless you can vary up the terrain. One nice thing about Far Cry over other shooters is that there's always something to look at. It DOESN'T look like Call of Duty. All that "same-ness" is the LAST thing this franchise needs.

A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet - Good God no. Maybe THIS is the last thing this franchise needs.

A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s - Could work, if the geography is creative.

A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru - Sure, that'd be interesting.

A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires - Make the land you explore interesting and gothic; maybe Victorian in era, and I'd pre-order it today.

A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas - I'm all for it. Red Dead Redemption can't be the sole franchise to have this sub-genre on lock.

A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak - How many more zombie games do we need? I think an idea like this would tarnish the franchise.

Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt - I'd play it. Can't say I like it more than some of the other ideas.

A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world - There are a zillion games like this. I vote no.

A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs - Idea sounds cool.

A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry - I wanted to sandbox in Shangri-La in Far Cry 4 and couldn't, so I can't say I wouldn't like this.

Prince_Of_Persia
02-18-2015, 10:19 PM
How about forest from Russia? Russia is a huge country, where a lot of land is not discovered & it is beautiful country. I would love to visit Russia someday in real life.

Plus we can have a Russian villain this time. Or we can have villain from neighboring countries, like Mongolia. As the crime rates in Mongolia are high, due to powerty.

We can also use the Taiga biome & Siberian Tundra for Snow & time when its summer. As people from FC4 miss the snow part alot. Taiga is dangerous, from big animals to small worms like leeches who want eat you up! Siberian Tundra can come in for our rare to spot species, Snow Leopard. Please make them rare in the game this time. Cuz they are the most beautiful & mysterious creatures that our nature has offered...

So yeah! Its a beautiful place with lots of varieties of animals, plus Russian forest is not 100% explored by humans, so its still wild. The nights can be really scary and dark uuu...

Alot of illegal activities can happen here, like they do in reality. Most of the resource are in this forest, gold, diamond, oil, forest harvesting, killing animals. Plus there is Russian mafia, human trafficking. So this is a perfect spot for our Villain to enter. Plus the best part is we can have Snow leopards in FC5 too. You can actually make them rare animals, as its really hard to spot them in real life. Plus its the largest forest. Plus towards the beach side, we can meet penguins, blue whales... What yaa guys think? :')

JackLanternTV
02-18-2015, 10:33 PM
Sounds pretty cool. I'd play it.

Honestly, as long as it's not war-torn modern military stuff, zombies or sci-fi, I'd be keen to see what the game would be like. Like another member said here in this thread, Far Cry is known for its exotic locales; it makes this franchise stand out from the CoDs, Battlefields and the like.

I like to stay away from being linear mission-by-mission, as well. I like the sandbox direction they've been going in. Also, I hope integrating co-op into the single player remains from here on out; it's the biggest improvement they made over FC3 IMO. I played almost the whole game in co-op (except for the missions where you can't, of course). The only thing my buddy and I DIDN'T like about FC4 is that it was over too soon.

Prince_Of_Persia
02-18-2015, 10:50 PM
-Sounds pretty cool. I'd play it.
-The only thing my buddy and I DIDN'T like about FC4 is that it was over too soon.

- Thanks, I been researching a lot for FC5 and thats when I came across Russia... :')
- Don't say the magic word "I DIDN'T like about FC4 is that it was over too soon." Or else UBI will make FC5 like FC3, with 2 maps & same gameplay... :3

JackLanternTV
02-18-2015, 11:11 PM
Haha, well, I have to say that as hooked as we were on the game, it doesn't mean we'd fork over full price for minimum content. To be honest, I've been highly disappointed in the DLC so far. The content vs. the price certainly doesn't match. It's the last time I buy a season pass until proven otherwise (high hopes for Valley of the Yetis).

It'd be great if these games were as large as some other of the other open world games. But I would hope that UbiSoft is smart enough to know that pulling back on the content will pull back on their sales.

Prince_Of_Persia
02-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Haha, well, I have to say that as hooked as we were on the game, it doesn't mean we'd fork over full price for minimum content. To be honest, I've been highly disappointed in the DLC so far. The content vs. the price certainly doesn't match. It's the last time I buy a season pass until proven otherwise (high hopes for Valley of the Yetis).

It'd be great if these games were as large as some other of the other open world games. But I would hope that UbiSoft is smart enough to know that pulling back on the content will pull back on their sales.

To be honest, the reason why I pre-ordered FC4 because 1) Expected to climb Everest 2) They said they understood the player needs depth in the map, rather than map being huge. (which means more gameplay too). So they have failed to deliver both of these. But the most important thing FC4 failed to deliver was any kind of emotion. A lot of story was told through letters. Hell yeah if I wanted to read, I would have read a novel on FC4. I was here to experience, so far its epic fail. The things I liked about FC4 was, graphics (environment only), Music & Pagan! Rest everything sucked, was repetative & didn't even made sence. Some of the mission were done twice on a same location, e.g. Tea Factory... I mean seriously, the game could have been better. But it sucked... I don't think ill be taking this game disc out ever again. Never going to miss it...

Also I never go for DLC, etc. If a company is targeting sales, rather than a quality product. I don't know what to say... Tons of things were on the forums, people were suggesting and helping developers... Rarely they have implemented any of that...

JackLanternTV
02-19-2015, 12:05 AM
To be honest, the reason why I pre-ordered FC4 because 1) Expected to climb Everest 2) They said they understood the player needs depth in the map, rather than map being huge. (which means more gameplay too). So they have failed to deliver both of these. But the most important thing FC4 failed to deliver was any kind of emotion. A lot of story was told through letters. Hell yeah if I wanted to read, I would have read a novel on FC4. I was here to experience, so far its epic fail. The things I liked about FC4 was, graphics (environment only), Music & Pagan! Rest everything sucked, was repetative & didn't even made sence. Some of the mission were done twice on a same location, e.g. Tea Factory... I mean seriously, the game could have been better. But it sucked... I don't think ill be taking this game disc out ever again. Never going to miss it...

Also I never go for DLC, etc. If a company is targeting sales, rather than a quality product. I don't know what to say... Tons of things were on the forums, people were suggesting and helping developers... Rarely they have implemented any of that...

Depth of the map... I think that's what I mean by the game being over too quickly. When you look at the map, it's dotted with tons of things to do (or see), but none of those things last all that long. Locations are simply locations, for example. You get to a point of interest, and it says you discovered (fill in the blank), but nothing more. In an Elder Scrolls game, each of those points of interest would be hour-long levels. Not to compare, because they're different games, but each of the locations doesn't give you much to do with them in Far Cry. I'd like to definitely see more depth.

I liked what story was there, but like you, I can do without all the letters. We're in a new age of technology where voice overs and such are a regular thing. Too much reading takes me out of the game and it doesn't give you a whole lot to feel; from any of the characters, really. I too, liked Pagan Min. But he's absent for the majority of the game anyway.

I like DLC only in the form of expansions. Again, not to compare this to the ES games, but every Elder Scrolls game I've played lasted hours, revealed new lands, new everything. With this DLC, I expected at least one map expansion. Haven't seen it yet, but I can always hope for that last DLC pack to be it. So far, a few added missions didn't do anything for me. They were like bubble gum; chewed on them for a little bit, then forgot about them.

farameira
03-24-2015, 08:51 AM
YouBeSoft :D

Hope the next Far Cry isn't for 5 year olds or has the main character like he's just out of school (FC3). Or the game shows where all the loot is, tells how to do this, how to do that, where to go and what to do when you get there. :rolleyes:

cichenlup
03-24-2015, 11:42 AM
YouBeSoft :D

Hope the next Far Cry isn't for 5 year olds or has the main character like he's just out of school (FC3). Or the game shows where all the loot is, tells how to do this, how to do that, where to go and what to do when you get there. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely with you

travilanche
03-26-2015, 09:47 PM

my thoughts

a spaghetti western is like The Dollars Trilogy. It's a term that means a movie set in the American west, made by an Italian director. They had a different style. More gritty and realistic. None of that white knight vs. black knight hogwash that American directors were doing at the time. Seems like a good choice for this series. Though my first choice would be dinosaurs.

DaMahn96
03-26-2015, 11:08 PM
One of the best open world games was Red Dead Redemption. And one of the best side missions in that was the Wanted Posters. Had to go find, catch and return the bandito to the Sheriff's Office, alive if you wanted bonus points. Had to fight his gang the whole way. What if they had posters for say the top 20 or 30 of Pagan's lieutenants and make it a fight to bring them in. A deck of cards like in the Gulf War.

guest-GszcizU2
03-27-2015, 12:55 AM
A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet _ Excellent if the avatar style, with dense jungles, exoskeletons and heavy machinery!

A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs _ Very good if you have off road vehicles, autonomous diving, administrative complex, jungles and interaction with the dinos.

farameira
03-29-2015, 02:00 PM
A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet [/COLOR]

Personally and selfishly I hope they don't do that. I have an intricate SF game design and just need the funds to get it off the ground.

Chrigistan
03-31-2015, 06:29 PM
Some people can´t vote in these poll. I would like to play to farcry with realistic dinosaurs:rolleyes:. its the perfect videogame for this. non-realistic farcry its a very bad idea:(.

Far Cry 5 in Russian City?

Hello,

I see lot in Internet how horrible is the Live on street in Russia, When you drive Car, you must have fear, when you stay everywhere, it is dangerous. In russia, there gives only the big Mafia, oligarchicals and Putins, something else not exist. They have too an realy deadly drugscene, they take codeinseringe and are like Zombies. Then it give the selve made Police. No one knows, if the Police is now from the gouvernment, or an private Person will only take you in his own prison. With his own judges, you must pay without doing anything lot of money. Who is there the hero? Who is there bad? Noone knows it.

There is it archaical. All People runs for theyr live, all People must pay for Mafia and for Putin. There gives too the roofroping like the Towers. it gives the homes of Mafiabosses and oligarchicals, which are all secured with big weapons like outposts. it gives the stop' cham, when you will look for the interest of Putin, they will all dictatory control. it gives the Mafia and oligarchs, which are the anarchistical, selfejudge and criminal bads. And it give the Opposition, which is in dangerlive but the goods.

This is perhaps an useful idea? FAR CRY 5 IN RUSSIA, IN AN BEAUTY RUSSIAN CITY! RUSSIA, NOONE CAN BE NAIF!

DaMahn96
04-02-2015, 09:43 PM
And you name the bad guy............Putin Min?

Chrigistan
04-08-2015, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Prince_Of_Persia;10584714] Cool spot! i wana too russia, but also City. with codeinicals, oligarchical Police, and Mafia. then the Putins.

Ix Johnnien xI
04-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Like to see some overgrown cities and jungles for FC5.
http://www.maxdamage.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tlou-city-1024x576.jpg
Came across this music video called True Survivor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY) a couple of days ago and it reminded me of some of the suggestions from the poll.

StrayDog_RR
04-22-2015, 06:56 AM
Very original.

Yup, I'm already hyped.

Martythemerc
04-22-2015, 04:22 PM
In my opinion, Far Cry 2 was indeed Ubisoft's "Red Dead Redemption" as it moved back in 2008 to a never-before-seen (except for visual Crysis) open world with such realism all around, in visuals, sound and gameplay, to suggest a real world simulation of mercenary action in a very plausable setting. This experiment was not without its flaws, but technology and out-of-the-box thinking was being created at that time without a base level, and Ubi squandered that opportunity on the next two games to take the easy way out.

Most games are filled with UNREAL fantasy, with UNREAL special powers of endless running and climbing, with every weapon ever designed, and scifi weapons too, along with linear "help" and linear story jailing of the player. Most players just endlessly run and gun without even listening to background sounds or looking at the artful landscapes created - just crank the music and shoot the fish in the barrels without a care in the world for "points" - to "beat the game" instead of playing it. To rush the experience instead of savoring it - making it last as long as you can.

Far Cry 2 was also a stragegy game in my opinion, a game where I can replay it many times DIFFERENTLY - making it a new experience. Limited weaponry, making due with less but actually thinking myself on how to tackle an event. Color pallets and artwork were real, making me stand still just to watch the clouds move and admire the sunsetting, not cartoonishly saturated, sound effects so real, I imagined myself there. Diamonds and tapes to collect if I chose to, but I needed to in order to buy weaponry from gunshops I had to cautiously get to, and the four busses were the oly fast travel there was - again, I had to risk myself to get there. I want that experience again - not the rehashed arcades of Far Cry 3 & 4 which were somewhat "fun", but were not an "experience".

The4orTy67
04-22-2015, 06:02 PM
I own every Far Cry on the PS3, but I sold Far Cry 2. It's cool, I tried to like it, played the story three times, liked how every SPOILER character you came across died, didn't understand how my dead comrades came back to life after they had died to kill me again. Didn't understand why the stealth suit didn't make me stealthy at all, learned that you have to headshot enemies so they don't scream. Well, whatever floats your boat.

Martythemerc
04-23-2015, 03:47 AM
I own every Far Cry on the PS3, but I sold Far Cry 2. It's cool, I tried to like it, played the story three times, liked how every SPOILER character you came across died, didn't understand how my dead comrades came back to life after they had died to kill me again. Didn't understand why the stealth suit didn't make me stealthy at all, learned that you have to headshot enemies so they don't scream. Well, whatever floats your boat.

Interesting your experience was the opposite of mine, playing the same game. The ending could've been better, but I guess the accountants wanted it done and out. (I think Clint Hocking alluded to that once). When someone is shot in an extremety, they feel the pain and will indeed yell out - that's reality, whereas a head shot kills instantly and yelling is replaced by the sound of the falling body, if another is nearby to be alerted. The camo suit was just that. It was never (as in real life) an invisability suit. The camo did work if you understood the principals. Use at night, in the rain, behind dense brush, low and being still. Worked during the day in lesser terms. Unclean weapons in real life do degrade and become unreliable in the field (less so with the AK-47) and that's why soldiers clean them regularly. Malaria - another tropical problem for those exposed, and effects are unpredicable if you don't have medicine. A real touch in FC2 to keep you on edge and to force you to look after your character. This game fought you back and was no easy turkey shoot - I just wish they had more Ai to deal with. You could shoot and wound an enemy and wait for his comrade to carry him to cover before killing them both. You could listen to their footsteps and / or banter to know where they were near you. You travel off road to avoid the inevitable, you use the environment to stealth your way around or through a camp, and night time was the best time. Those who "gave up" never really played it correctly or understood it because you didn't play this one like all the others because of its simulative qualities. How would you tackle this in real life? Be cautious, careful, and conniving, or rush in to shoot?

farameira
04-23-2015, 09:45 AM
If Ubi are asking players what they want for Far Cry 5 ....

That's a pretty big IF. I can't see it. Ideas are are at least two a penny, maybe ten a penny. The days of bedroom programming in BASIC with a bit of machine code are long gone and today's software outfits don't need to scout around for ideas. In fact, I'd be amazed if in-house planning for FC5 (or whatever they may call it) isn't already well into the story-line stage.

What would be cool is for Ubi to create a competition for registered gamers to submit their story ideas and to make a game of the winning entry. Probably unlikely to happen ... but you never know. Some company might consider it.

Has anyone ever seen anything from Ubi regarding a FC5? If they actually listen, I still say an update of FC2 would be worthwhile and wouldn't be the enormous task of creating a wholly new game. This time let's have -

- A small number of trains running that you can board
- Longer nights
- Enhanced AI
- Alternative endings
- Outposts re-spawning after a random time has elapsed (10-30 mins)
- Variable arms dealer/tower missions
- Minimal water, food and sleep as survival necessities

Hey, Ubi, if by some remote chance you do look at outside ideas then I have a unique, detailed story-line with future history backdrop. (I probaly won't be hearing even by this time next year tho...) ;)

cichenlup
04-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Anywhere in a realistic environment, better wild than urban, with a touch of mystic or unreal... just like shangri-la in fc4.
Among the choices:

1) Spaghetti Western, a sort of a modern red Dead Redemption including Indian spirits and tribal magic
2) Vietnam, possibly across the border with Laos, with the secret world fought by Hmong tribesmen and CIA rogue agents, including tribal magic as well
3) Peru, with the jungle and the Macchu Picchu ancient ruins, with Inca magic...

Please, noooo Dinos and Vampires!!! :mad:

cichenlup
04-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Anywhere in a realistic environment, better wild than urban, with a touch of mystic or unreal... just like shangri-la in fc4.
Among the choices:

1) Spaghetti Western, a sort of a modern red Dead Redemption including Indian spirits and tribal magic
2) Vietnam, possibly across the border with Laos, with the secret world fought by Hmong tribesmen and CIA rogue agents, including tribal magic as well
3) Peru, with the jungle and the Macchu Picchu ancient ruins, with Inca magic...

Please, noooo Dinos and Vampires!!! :mad:

And I forgot to add one more request...
I enjoyed the Goat mission in FC4 but felt really disappointed that in the end you couldn't face him in a final boss duel... please do smtg similar, but add the possibility to find and kill the guy in the end by following clues that he leaves by his victims bodies

In general, I'd like more secrets and enigmas to solve during the game, just to break the routine of run and gun (e.g. like the firsts Assassin's creed). That would really give the game something new, it's not only a matter of changing environment if the gameplay remains everytime the same, don't you think?

Patu
04-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Far Cry 5 could be set in Africa with an arms dealer who is supporting 2 factions. The storyline is that you are a mercenary flown into Africa to kill him. You contract malaria and have to survive aswell as completing missions for one or both of the factions.

Nice setting. But FFS if you are a mercenary flown into Africa, you sure as hell would take preventive malaria pills.

cichenlup
04-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Nice setting. But FFS if you are a mercenary flown into Africa, you sure as hell would take preventive malaria pills.

mmmh malaria pills can be taken for staying not longer than 4 weeks ... if longer no prophylaxis available. I don't know mercenaries but usually this kind of businessmen travel for longer...
;)

The4orTy67
04-23-2015, 09:13 PM
The setting I consider the most interesting is the Western setting. Whenever I think of this particular setting I think of Red Steel 2. If Ubisoft chooses to go with that, I'd like Far Cry 5 to be somewhat of a spiritual Red Steel 3. Add a greater focus on melee weapons, spice things up so people don't cry "waahhh it's the same stuff every year". Just imagine being some Asian guy in a Red Dead Redemption esque town, you have a drink and then cut the owner's head because you didn't like the drink. Wow.

xibayang
04-25-2015, 04:00 AM
My expectations for FC5, i dont care about location all i care its:

1. I want a realistic and challenging games, not just shot game...

2. i want a new mechanism gameplay,
example far cry 3 the cool mechanism gameplay that its a takedown with a knife/ take down with a grenade, etc thats sooo cooll, i want FC5 make it new thiings mann, make it moree, dont get stuck just copying from the old one, its so lazyy, when the far cry 4 release FC4 lost a loottt of potential in a gameplay, why FC4 dont make a new mechanism gameplay? a detail fun challenging gameplay why? i only see its a dumb unrealistic climbing mechanism wich is just hold button and ajay throw a grapple, o man thas sooo lazy X_X, make it a new thingss like a very extensive creativ crafting, you can create weapon from crafting not just syringe.. or you have a stamina which is use for takedown instan like a deus ex, if you want full stamina you have to eat something wierd like a bear meat maybe, or you can climb with you bare hands but you have to carefull from falling or anything.. make a fun detail challenging mechanism GAMEPLAY!!

3. i want leveling equipment gunss..
i had play metro last light and thats game have a perfect leveling equipment guns i ever play i can feel just every guns its a precious, a pistol, shotgun not like FC4 in the first mission i already have AK47 so i dont want a pistol and i never feel it, its not about a loooot weapon its about how you feel about thats gun, how precious about thats guns.

4. i want detail leveling enemy
this its just a problem to in FC4, yes i know FC have a heavy soldier yes i know FC have a sniper soldier, but plis make it more detail, make it every single mission hard and more harder enemy

5. i want more faction
the true its theres always perspective in each faction, each faction can be right and can be wrong, FC4 its not about fight the good guy and the bad guy, its not about the royal army vs the golden path, make it more faction so there's a multiple ending in there, and each faction have a special force / elite soldier, soo there would be fuunn

6. i want leveling environtment
FC4 have a leveling environtment but i want more detail, maybe in FC5 first mission its just good shoot in the beach and then next in the mountain and then next in the deep dark jungle, and the last in the burning chaos jungle.. and of course its still an open world

plisss ubisoft make it real in FC5 :(

addseo1118
04-25-2015, 09:13 AM
I love Farcry series but I don't like the fantasy story please make it more realistic survival.

hammy124
04-27-2015, 05:47 AM
would love to see a chance to make a big choice in game on joining a side of good or bad or whatever.

also like the idea of a jurassic setting :)

dHalbtot
04-28-2015, 10:15 AM
hello

how about FC5 in place where city like Rio or Montreal or
another (with the mountains and extensive foothills nearby) - under water? not totally, of course. About half))
so/ we get an island (islands) (FC3) with mountains (FC4)

this is not necessarily a consequence of the disaster - on the planet many flooded areas

above the water surface are the tops of buildings/ where can live people

also these sticking out the water buildings can serve as a trap for ships
(tankers, cruise ship, aircraft carriers - a lot of resources a lot of different people)

next - not only the upper part of the building inhabited - on the lower floors people live too
how it can be? i think it can be glass panels that are wrapped skeletons of freestanding (standalone) buildings or even entire city blocks

so if looking down from the tops of buildings we can see like a glass pit surrounded by water. there may be many.
down there we can walking on streets, enter the building and etc. or swim and dive outside the pits in open ocean and explore flooded blocks to find something
useful or (and ) valuable/

there are also settlements, cabins etc.in the foothills.
Many people just live like scavengers receiving all that is necessary from ships and city
they think that they can restore normal life -noble goal

other people want to build (and they are almost done) something new. more organic and renewable environment (green energy, bioreactors, sustainable buildings all that stuff) - no less noble goal

ok - we have two groops (like red and blue in FC3 or red and yellow (gold) in FC4)
let it be again red(like rusty metal, industrial) and green (you know why))

each group has its own harismatic leader, own goals and values
that lead to confrontation or uneasy relations))

Ix Johnnien xI
04-28-2015, 05:43 PM
Ubi should seize the opportunity (http://www.giantbomb.com/konami-corporation/3010-87/forums/an-investigation-on-konami-vs-kojima-1770937/) and hire Kojima onboard for FC5.

truesurv1val
04-28-2015, 08:17 PM
hmm, In the last mission of longius, he said he was moving on to south america or cuba. so my guess thats where next fc will be.

yahlov
05-02-2015, 06:51 PM
what i liked and love on fc3+4 was
the shredder!
the ripper!!
the bushman!!! (what i hated is getting in that bad and it wasnt that strong as in fc3)
killing silent with knife and takedowns in all ways
the GYRO!!!!!!
the seaching of rare plants and animal furs
the explosivs
wing suite flying!! maybe there can be something like a rocket bagpack?!!
coop ingame play was fun.. but in fc4 there was no ingame chat.. that sucks.. but i liked the commands instead not for bad
mods for the weapons... also on the phone and internet
the storys of 3 and 4 have been awesome to me

was i hated was
taking over getting bored after a few times done it
the only 2 alternate endings

what i totaly would love was fc5 with american mcgee influence!!!!
and what i totally would love is fc4 blood dragon with online gaming mode :))

ah and what i actually hate is very bad servers for fc3 gaming.... lags...host migrations.... cheaters.... but multiplayer in fc3 is much much better then in fc4 because you have more options of making a individual loadout

now i'm out of ideas... cheers

a good next story to me would be....
cocaine in south america (ganja in fc4, opium in fc4...)
something in africa; maybe diamonds or i dont know
rare earth elements in eastern asia

Woodrow79
05-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Far Cry 3 and 4 were great games. Looking forward to Far Cry 5.

Add:
Small O2 device for 2 min underwater.
Rebreather for 3-4 min.
Scuba for longer, missions and sites underwater, some very deep. Deepwater creatures.
The damn eagle needs to attack less.
Water levels in lakes, rivers, streams that rise and fall. Covering or uncovering sites for missions or loot/artifacts. Have to blow up dams or locks to release water. Or fix machines to raise water.
Large scale battles at various points and locations.
Opfor helicopter patrols here and there.
Mini submarine.

Gyrocopter YES! Also, flyable plane. When wingsuiting, choice between steerable parachute and old style that drops you straight down. Auto hover so can repel down to ground.
Various strengths of explosives.

Location, Alaska. Southern part of South America so Antarctica can be included. Australia.

KinRich
05-03-2015, 03:12 PM

All the Far Cry games have had generally realistic scenarios/environments, with actual weapons. I think that should stay, otherwise you're getting away from what Far Cry is/has been. If you want dinosaurs, that's fine, but I suggest putting it in a DLC, like the Valley of the Yettis. I don't want to see Zombies...EVERYONE had done zombies...enough of that already. I'd kind of like to see a western. Very little of that out there.

Szocik87
05-06-2015, 11:17 AM
World War I or II and fighting with Nazi ;).

Patu
05-07-2015, 07:53 AM
World War I or II and fighting with Nazi ;).

Fighting nazis in WW1? :confused:

Nah. That is not quite what Far Cry is about.

Szocik87
05-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Nah. That is not quite what Far Cry is about.

Why not? man Far Cry must be original look at Far Cry 1, 2,3, 4 they are different.. so never say never.

Tell me what Far Cry is about? Great SP and full of bugs MP? Agree ;).

Patu
05-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Please stop using colors like that.

Szocik87
05-08-2015, 02:20 PM
This forum is about game not colours so stop spamming.

Ix Johnnien xI
05-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Award players who take the time to play through the single player campaign a second time. Include a secondary quest line that unlocks during the second playthrough. Make the second play through more harsh like FC2 (weapons harder to come by, weapons degradations, buddy system.) Bring back the buss system for fast travel, but make it so that if the buss travels through enemy occupied territory that it occasionally gets hijacked by enemy soldiers at security check points.

StrayDog_RR
05-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Bah as long people wish a plot with dinosaurs and Ubi will probably listen to them, I'm losing more interest to this franchise... My only hope is that they will give justice to the MP community, use dedicated servers, bring back the MP map editor and the symmetrical modes.

NightGhost1994
05-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Bah as long people wish a plot with dinosaurs and Ubi will probably listen to them, I'm losing more interest to this franchise... My only hope is that they will give justice to the MP community, use dedicated servers, bring back the MP map editor and the symmetrical modes.

Well said. I've always wanted Far Cry game set in Turkey. Turkey has valleys, lakes, also big mountains and even desert areas next to syrian border.
So it's a mix of FC4 mountains, FC3 valleys and FC2 deserts. And if everything could be open to explore at any given time (not snow mountain separated from the rest of the world, as in FC4), it would be the biggest Far Cry map ever. Like a GTA 5 map or perhaps smaller, but you get the point.

And I'm not talking about killing dinos, monsters... leave that to Crysis. I want real people and also hostile females.
What I want is a Far Cry game realistic as FC2 (or more), challenging as FC1 (no dumb AI) with a story as good as FC3 (or better) and fun and creative as FC4 (or even more).
Is that too much to ask for? :)

cichenlup
05-15-2015, 01:49 PM
I want real people and also hostile females.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Hostile females... why one should want hostile females ??
I do prefer friendly females!!!! :cool:

cichenlup
05-15-2015, 01:50 PM

100% with you!

Szocik87
05-15-2015, 04:23 PM

+1 ;)

JoaoBudgi
07-27-2015, 12:09 AM
I think first, that peru would be awesome, like Longinus appearing there because in the last game he told you that he would go on south america or cuba. But you shouldnt make it like far cry 3 because there were already drugs in FC3.

I think that what you should really keep are:
1 TAKEDOWNS(THE MOST BADASS THINGS IN THE GAME) And the rest of the abilities

2 TOWERS because its so cool to have free guns:-)

3 seringes and this stuff because what else would you use to cure yourself quicly and improve your abilities for certain time?

NOW WHAT I THINK YOU SHOULD ADD

1 New guns because you have simply recicled all guns from Fc3 and added a bit more. OH AND MAKE A NEW BOW!

2 New mellee weapons like tomahawks, better knifes than the default one, an stuff like this.

3 Food and water because you cant stay without eating something and bathrooms because there has to be a way for this to come out :-P

4 Different quests cause I personally LOVE quests for you to do.

5 New sights and acessories cause it would be awesome to have a infrared sight in the guns( just my opinion) and other crazy and different sights.

6 a different story line than some bad guys controlled by a crazy psycho or a king cause i think its starting to be tedious.

Ps im from Brazil not Usa and my english may not be perfect and i hope that this helps you guys at the game "building" process.

JoaoBudgi

BackPa-CZ
07-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Dinosaurs in FC5? Yes! Far Cry 1 was about mutants and very good long story + open world. No about realism etc!!!!! And FC1 has best multiplayer from all Far Cry ever! I want back multiplayer from FC1 - assaul game mode, dedicated servers, no limit players on server.....

basupati
08-05-2015, 01:56 AM
Far Cry For me Its...

Far Cry 1 its awesome in that time cause there's a little game with an exotic island concept outthere, Far cry 2 survival experience with a optional character cool, Far cry 3 Its the best and Everything for me, and Far cry 4 its just DLC of Far Cry 3 only bigger

I want Far cry 5 its more moore than that, hopefully I can help Ubi team with some of my ideas

1. hunger indicator:

player can feel hungry, when you hungry you can't run, your shot is not accurate, hungry can't make you die but slow you down and make your enemy harder to defeat, so you can hunt the animal arround you take meat and skin and when you hungry go to kitchen in your house or go to near bonfire to roasting or buy some food in tavern. orr you can take syringe when its war its will make you not hungry and your healt full

2. Crafting weapon

Player can make weapon from all things in jungle, example: raspberry twigs to craft a bow, or yellow bamboo to make a blowpipe poison, or craft wreckage to make a bomb, or slingshot from oak, etc. and that weapon can be broken destroy so player have to make again, but the military weapon like AK47, Carbine Etc, its only jammed (like in Far cry 2) but cant destroy and sure we can fixed

3. extraordinary weapon

a fine, strange, unique weapons like the harpoon gun in FC4 its fun but make more like it example poison blowpipe that can make enemy crazy and hallucinations so they shot eachother (like AC blackflag) or slingshot, and maybe the alien weapon like Railgun that can electrocuted enemy around, Gravity gun that can make throw away enemy to sky, freeze gun can make the enemy frozen like a stone, or some chemical gun that cam make enemy melting.. (not all off it but at least we can have fun you know, i'm booring all game just shot with a mechinegun)

4. melee fighting

this is a challengging things, if FC5 can slashing and parry with machette,it will open up opportunities for weapons like Axes, Knife, Stick, Etc
maybe a little bit like dishonored game, its fun and cool i think

5. another takedowns

FC3 and FC4 have this, but make another, or maybe player have limited bar for instant takedown or chain takedown, and make a full bar again by eating

6. Climbing playmode

Player can climb a tree, a mountain or a tower but with a play mode, example when we walk on an iron bar or a rope then we have to balance click right and left (with FPS and ofcourse you can see your legs), and when we climb a hills we must smart to move right, left, up or down click.

7. more faction

we start with one neutral faction and one hostile faction, its to boring when we just face the same enemy i think at least game have 3 faction to make more fun, so in the end we can stand between that 3 faction for alternatif ending.

and for i just glad for peru, alaska or dinosaurs, dont like a zombie, vampire or shangrila.. well i'll follow the poll :D

basupati
08-05-2015, 02:08 AM
I think first, that peru would be awesome, like Longinus appearing there because in the last game he told you that he would go on south america or cuba. But you shouldnt make it like far cry 3 because there were already drugs in FC3.

I think that what you should really keep are:
1 TAKEDOWNS(THE MOST BADASS THINGS IN THE GAME) And the rest of the abilities

2 TOWERS because its so cool to have free guns:-)

3 seringes and this stuff because what else would you use to cure yourself quicly and improve your abilities for certain time?

NOW WHAT I THINK YOU SHOULD ADD

1 New guns because you have simply recicled all guns from Fc3 and added a bit more. OH AND MAKE A NEW BOW!

2 New mellee weapons like tomahawks, better knifes than the default one, an stuff like this.

3 Food and water because you cant stay without eating something and bathrooms because there has to be a way for this to come out :-P

4 Different quests cause I personally LOVE quests for you to do.

5 New sights and acessories cause it would be awesome to have a infrared sight in the guns( just my opinion) and other crazy and different sights.

6 a different story line than some bad guys controlled by a crazy psycho or a king cause i think its starting to be tedious.

Ps im from Brazil not Usa and my english may not be perfect and i hope that this helps you guys at the game "building" process.

JoaoBudgi

Well Bathroom for saving i guess,,, there's no game has toilet for save , that unique :cool::cool::cool::D;)

DapperHayden007
08-27-2015, 05:36 AM
Far Cry has not always been about the Realism in it's games, the core concept of a Far Cry game is to put you anywhere, give you a gun and away you go. There's always going to be a rivalry within the storyline.

I believe the immersion for Far Cry games really needs to be based on the game's longevity, so ensuring there's a vast variety of Objects/Textures/AI/Animals etc for the In Game Editor also plays a large part to it's games, adding more Things for the Player to do, not only in the singleplayer storyline, but also in the In Game Editor. One main thing I've wanted from a Far Cry game since I joined up with FC2 is AI Interactions and Scripting tools, so when Making a Singleplayer map each scenario Vastly differs from the rest. Creating your own story (whether it be realistic or not)

I personally believe the heart of the Far Cry Franchise should be on improving it's Map Editor next time round instead of being the same again. Think about it, what's the ONE thing that hasn't been removed / changed drastically on Far Cry?

- Location - Changes all the time
- Storyline - has to change
- Multiplayer - Downhill slope each installment
- Characters - Different each time
- Map Editor - Slight modifications but still uses basic CORE elements

Expand those Core elements by using simple text boxes on characters, basic Triggers and interactions (like the Trials games) Give us more content not related to the singleplayer, we want new objects adding, we will pay money for new objects, it's been the case with Trials, they release object packs in their editor and they sell extremely well!

Anyway, back to what I initially wanted to type...

Realism in Far Cry games differ from each game, but if you notice the games which have raked in the best sales are FC3 / 4

They WILL use this basis to realize that after FC2's sub-standard sales, realism is not what makes a game sell. Thus doing a complete U-Turn from FC2 and making future FC games about wacky adventures with Drugs / Mystical Powers / ShangriLa etc.

- The majority of gamers are not exactly hardcore (sure a HUGE base of them are) but most are casual gamers, who honestly don't care for realism, they believe if they want realistic, they could easily just walk outside, because that's as real as things get.

- Hardcore gamers scream out for Realistic games, or features in games, where as casual gamers look for a game that is FUN regardless of Setting, Storyline, Characters etc. If the game plays well for them they will buy it.

Ubisoft does take into account that the community on here is mostly filled with the Hardcore gamers, but they also take into account that making a game for the hardcore gamers will not make as much profit as those games for Casual, because a hardcore gamer is MUCH more likely to buy a game made for a casual gamer than a casual gamer buying a game made for a hardcore gamer, mostly because the game is too hard for them, or they don't enjoy the mechanics etc.

So Ubisoft are going to make a game based on what the Wider-Audience want, and that's Dinosaurs at the moment, hence why they're most likely making FC5 about dinosaurs, they see a much wider profit making a game like that.

Ubisoft at the end of the day is a company, and all they are doing is business.

Phenogen
09-03-2015, 03:11 AM

I like that idea; huge potential there and could combin elots of subsets of stories and DLC potential as well. Player maps as new time gates even!.

Incorporating some of the defensive build elements of the Valley of Yetis woudl also work great in that; woudl like more trap setting potential in the game. And please let us have realistic sniper ranges....1000m not 100m as the effective range.

I'd also like my own pack of dogs that i can buy/breed to use as defensive if only as alerting me of issues if not strap bombs on them and ask them to 'fetch"....

I'd also like chance to shoot Willis dead....pretty please.

cvbnmjkloi
09-08-2015, 01:30 AM
ubisoft I have a great idea for the next far cry game I have recently gone on a road trip and went to Utah and it is beautiful and while admiring it I thought of the next possible far cry game it would be a perfect place I would like to work with u guys if agree with me on this idea we can work on the plot and the enemy's, to add description about what I think is a fictional country under control by a crazy dictator and the game should be like Utah it has rocky canyons pine trees lakes and a large variety of different thing if u are still looking for ideas about the next game tell me my email is oquellypatrick@yahoo.com please take my idea and discuss it with me :)

Highgear56
09-11-2015, 10:31 PM
To those who want dinosaurs, vampires, aliens and other sci-fi and fantasy things:

Can you kiddies please go away? Go play Minecraft or some other childish absurd game. Far Cry isn't and never was the game for this type of nonsense.

As far as settings go, I'd like to see an Australian setting, it's unique enough to have its own biome with the outback and all. But the tropical setting and African setting were my favorites, though Far Cry 2 could have used more color.

Argonaut_Knight
09-12-2015, 10:16 AM
I also hope they keep the setting realistic, dinosaurs and other fantasy themes should be kept as either a spin-off (like Blood Dragon) or a new IP. Far Cry did a lot of things right with 2 and 3, however, with 4 they should have avoided the whole copy paste thing.

Personally, I would love to see a Siberian, Australian or middle/south American setting. The 1960s Vietnam war would also be very interesting.

guest-G397Fq67
09-12-2015, 09:14 PM
the chinense opium wars would be a great theme or the vietnam war.... non of that dino ******** or zombie ****.. plzubisoftibegzutododis

+ or the indonesian G30SPKI kudeta that would be great..

jogojoe
09-16-2015, 06:47 AM
Dinosaurs sounds cool on paper but if they're anything like the bullet sponge wildlife in recent titles, no. Also, I'd rather a new Turok than a; Far Cry with Dinosaurs.

A Far Cry title set during the Vietnam war would be interesting but I would like it to be set in Alaska most. It would also give them an excuse further improve upon the rope climbing element form Far Cry 4.

AKAFootloose
09-16-2015, 04:07 PM
I really don't care where the location is as long as they stay with the main Far Cry type theme. I liked the story line of Far Cry 2 the best, the respawning of the little outposts where annoying though. I wouldn't mind a drug cartel war type story in South America.... maybe Amazon area. Dinosaurs would be cool too. Loved that old Trespasser game of 1998, the graphics sucked but I think we're past that now. However if they go with "SCI-FI" they won't get any of my money. There are plenty of other games for that out there.

Patu
09-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Dinosaurs would be cool too. Loved that old Trespasser game of 1998, the graphics sucked but I think we're past that now. However if they go with "SCI-FI" they won't get any of my money. There are plenty of other games for that out there.

How exactly are dinosaurs NOT sci-fi?

AKAFootloose
09-17-2015, 03:40 PM
How exactly are dinosaurs NOT sci-fi?

Not sure if you have a point or not ... anyway I meant aliens, outer space, other planets. That kind of stuff.

Waspteo
10-17-2015, 04:21 PM
ACTUALLY i am thrilled with far cry primal such as the hole world i gess xd. Well i would like to recomend some thinks to the game that i would like to see and give my opinion. Firstly the idea is perfect and u are the masters of co op and multiplayer as a result i would like to see these gamemodes. Secondly i would love a really difficult hunting system AND REALLY DIFFICULT battle system (small battles with a few opponents that can rlly threat you nothing alike far cry 4 )
Call your tribe to help you hunt .. gathering meat and food so u can survive ,stone ,wood stuff and thinks . Well i would love the ability to the end gaming u could "tame " These freaking tigers . (I was suprised by the trailer when they see the tiger ther say tigris This is a greek world ). Last but not least i would hate zombies and other unrealistic thinks , no guns ofc ( a dinausour DLC COULD BE AMAZING ).
In conclusion i have really hight expectasions from this game everyone loves NEW GAMES and when i say new i mean differnet games (i hope i wasnt so boring )
As always thanks for our efforts i would to see this game as it sould be
Good luck making it tho . I cant wait to play this game

pcconsolegamer
12-25-2016, 12:25 AM
#1 sounds cool(No pun intended, lol)

angryfudgepop
01-13-2017, 03:09 AM
I thought Far Cry:Primal was boring. It needs to be in a place with allot of Trees, Plants, Animals. I think South America or the Middle East could be a good location for the next one.

Butcherbird59
01-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Let's just get rid of these numb style shooters - get brain into the missions by maybe solving a riddle which then provides the key to the next mission. At games end you got all keys to open the final portal and finish the game (final mission).

Currently all FPS and other games are intellectual waste..

iforgot87871
04-12-2017, 05:31 PM
I want a group of villains, in the near future, when there is time travel, that goes back to the time of the dinosaurs to hijack humanity's gene pool.
Then a military force goes back to stop them. You play as a scientist sent back with them. Now you have to learn to survive and fight.

Two factions, back in the time of the dinosaurs. Tanks and T-Rex's. That would make for the best game and mechanics, regardless of how sci-fi it is.
Modern time dinosaurs just won't be as immersive and is equally ridiculous anyway, so why not go back to the time of the dinosaurs?
Primal showed the feeling of being a survivor in a world where you are not the top of the food chain. I want more of that, but more of the vehilcular combat from 4 as well.

HorTyS
05-12-2017, 02:19 AM
I want a group of villains, in the near future, when there is time travel, that goes back to the time of the dinosaurs to hijack humanity's gene pool.
Then a military force goes back to stop them. You play as a scientist sent back with them. Now you have to learn to survive and fight.

Two factions, back in the time of the dinosaurs. Tanks and T-Rex's. That would make for the best game and mechanics, regardless of how sci-fi it is.
Modern time dinosaurs just won't be as immersive and is equally ridiculous anyway, so why not go back to the time of the dinosaurs?
Primal showed the feeling of being a survivor in a world where you are not the top of the food chain. I want more of that, but more of the vehilcular combat from 4 as well.

except considering that humans & dinosaurs never co-existed so why would the villains go to dinosaur times to hijack humanity's gene pool? plot holes in your elevator pitch bro...