PDA

View Full Version : [!] Who Remembers Genesis Device??

JolanXBL
01-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Back in the hay-day of Instincts: Evolution & Predator, we had a site called Genesis Device that was nothing but custom maps! New maps, tutorials, screenshots, videos, and of course user-run Contests! So many contests; the site had it all! It even had a rotation of clips on the main page somehow! I think Fallen Champ was a biggie back then, may be the only other person who remembers it :). And Stubborn Puppet, gogogadgetboots, Skatesmart.. met so many wonderful people playing FCI: Evo :rolleyes:
And it was all on the big Xbox with the green pre-LIVE menus.. I still have all the maps I had downloaded on that thing- Obstacle Course, the stupid Slide maps, Cops & Robbers, and of course, Steal the Sample!

haha wow! FallenChamp - 24 hrs of farcry 8/28/06
http://gamespy-archives.quaddicted.com/forums/planetfarcry/forums.gamespy.com/far_cry_instincts_predator_and_evolution/b49741/9296453/p1/index.html%3F0.html

Aw hells-yeah, Maxprey & the Genesis Device: Legend of the Map Whisperer Contest! 7/10/06
http://gamespy-archives.quaddicted.com/forums/planetfarcry/forums.gamespy.com/far_cry_instincts_predator_and_evolution/b49741/9296411/p1/

Claybacca SPLATTERFEST 07 at GenesisDevice 10/23/07
http://gamespy-archives.quaddicted.com/forums/planetfarcry/forums.gamespy.com/far_cry_instincts_predator_and_evolution/b49741/16910250/p1/index.html%3F0.html

WOW! Almost 10 years already! That's when I first started recording clips with a horrible capture card..

Fallen-Champ
01-05-2015, 04:43 PM
So long ago I don't think many will remember now.

I was very late with Genesis Device and was one of the last if not the last Moderator over there, I jumped from Instincts to Predator where most of the GD Crew stuck with Evolution until those servers stopped then they moved over to Pred on 360.

The names I remember from GD are

Maxprey and Sugarm0mma
Stubborn Puppet
T0astman
Claybacca
JetBlack Bebop
Anemeros
C0rnd0gg
Masterch1ef
Sippy Cup
Surfdog Jr
Pinoy

Long time ago now, I have Stubbs on my PSN Friends List but have not spoke in a long time, not sure if he is still on PS3 or PS4.

Had a lot of fun talking to Clay and Sugar they were all a nice bunch of people that made wicked maps.

zeeEVIL1
01-06-2015, 05:53 AM
Ah yes. Genesis Device. I was all over that site for awhile until I took over moderating FCMaps. Still have most of those guys on my friends list. Though I tend to interact with them more on facebook.

Chronoteeth
03-17-2018, 07:14 AM
giving this a bump cause its interesting to see a lot of old genesis device members again

TwistedMrBlack
07-26-2018, 07:53 PM
I'm super late to this thread but wanted to reminisce on this a bit. I wasn't super active on their forums but I did participate in a couple of their map contests. Won one of them too; can't remember the name of the map, but I do remember the theme was supposed to be Urban. I think either puppet or claybacca was the judge on that one. I have to say if it wasn't for them my maps wouldn't be what they are today. I learned a lot from the forum and playing on their maps. Really taught me about gameplay, level flow and how to keep a super tight design.

Genesis Device was truly awesome. I spent a lot of time during evolution on 360 period on their site and fcmaps.net.

Good ol' days

JolanXBL
04-04-2019, 11:17 AM
Welp, links are dead. It's all a memory now, unless the ol' computer still has the forum in cache :P