PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Rifle vs Pistol?

Hungry-Magpie
01-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Hello, pretty new to unity but what the difference between pistols and rifles? I'm using the sliver plated rifle and it's awesome but is the gold plates pistol/soild gun better?

Many thanks

Hrafnagud72
01-04-2015, 10:27 PM
You are comparing two entirely different weapons. The rifles are melee weapons, the pistols are ranged. The have entirely different purposes. And you carry both at the same time.

aL_____eX
01-04-2015, 10:33 PM
You are comparing two entirely different weapons. The rifles are melee weapons, the pistols are ranged. The have entirely different purposes. And you carry both at the same time.
Nope. If you have a rifle equipped, Arno's doesn't carry a pistol with him any longer. Other than that you're right. Rifles are melee and ranged weapons combined, while pistols are just ranged weapons like e.g. the Phantom Blade and you can carry them along long, heavy or one-handed weapons

Hrafnagud72
01-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Nope. If you have a rifle equipped, Arno's doesn't carry a pistol with him any longer. Other than that you're right. Rifles are melee and ranged weapons combined, while pistols are just ranged weapons like e.g. the Phantom Blade and you can carry them along long, heavy or one-handed weapons

I was quite wrong then. I only used a rifle once and noticed it was melee. Didn't experiment to see if it shot bullets. That's what I get for assuming.

Hungry-Magpie
01-05-2015, 12:36 AM
I was quite wrong then. I only used a rifle once and noticed it was melee. Didn't experiment to see if it shot bullets. That's what I get for assuming.

Lol you caveman! It's a rifle of course fires bullets! It's not just a club :)

GoldenBoy9999
01-05-2015, 01:57 AM
Lol you caveman! It's a rifle of course fires bullets! It's not just a club :)

Tell that to the AC MP characters... :rolleyes:

MasterAssasin84
01-05-2015, 02:11 AM

Accept in reality Rifles are ranged weapons, the only time you would use a rifle up close is when a bayonet is attached to the barrel .

In reality rifles have a lot more range than a pistol

Hrafnagud72
01-05-2015, 02:59 AM
Accept in reality Rifles are ranged weapons, the only time you would use a rifle up close is when a bayonet is attached to the barrel .

In reality rifles have a lot more range than a pistol

I thought it was obvious we were talking about AC and not reality. Oh well.

Either way, my original post is wrong. I wasn't aware that the rifles in AC fired. I was under the assumption that they were melee only.

Hungry-Magpie
01-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Soo which is better? I've now got all 3 of them guns and gonna rule out gold plated gun as it's just too unrealistic

Asassynn
01-05-2015, 10:07 PM
My vote goes to the gold plated pistol since it can be carried with a sword. Honestly, the range of the rifles available is pathetic, the pistol is barely outdistanced. Until Arno learns to use a musket like the guards carry, I see little use in carrying a rifle. Yes, I do realize that the rate of fire of a musket is awful, but judging by the range reached and damage dealt by the guards, it is well worth it in my opinion. Even better, it has a bayonet at the end for melee combat. Probably more effective than a butt.

Bottom line is, the sword's melee advantage over the rifle is greater than rifle's ranged advantage over the pistol.

Hrafnagud72
01-05-2015, 11:00 PM
It really comes down to personal preference. I carry the single solid white gun and a katana. The sword isn't the most powerful but I like it the best. And I almost never use a gun, so I don't need the gold plated gun with a high fire rate. If I do use a gun it's only 1 or 2 shots I use.

So really it all comes down to your personal playing style.

RADAR__4077
01-06-2015, 01:42 AM
My vote goes to the gold plated pistol since it can be carried with a sword. Honestly, the range of the rifles available is pathetic, the pistol is barely outdistanced. Until Arno learns to use a musket like the guards carry, I see little use in carrying a rifle. Yes, I do realize that the rate of fire of a musket is awful, but judging by the range reached and damage dealt by the guards, it is well worth it in my opinion. Even better, it has a bayonet at the end for melee combat. Probably more effective than a butt.

Bottom line is, the sword's melee advantage over the rifle is greater than rifle's ranged advantage over the pistol.

Agreed.

However the rifle is still my weapon of choice. Idk why, there's just something I like about it.

Also I think they should automatically boost the damage for the rifle, and give you a bayonet instead when you upgrade it.