PDA

View Full Version : The Meaning Behind the Assassin Symbol and Representation

MasterAssasin84
01-02-2015, 11:28 PM
Just though I would share some interesting information I learned a few weeks ago ?

My Father is a Freemason so I took it upon myself to ask him what the meaning for the symbol was and what it represented .... As the design of the Assassin Symbol is very similar and I was quite interested as to what he told and began interpreting my meaning of the Assassin Symbol .

Lets take a Look at the Masonic symbol

http://www.richardcassaro.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Square-And-Compass-Freemason-Symbols-300x281.jpg

Ok the Compass Represents the globe whilst the second part which looks like half a diamond or if flipped on its axis is the corner of a square Represents a type of measuring took which means our work so in term Our work is global .

Now Lets look at the Assassins Symbol

http://www.mysoti.com/img/user/jordanbest/product/web/278369/278369_show_default.png

The Assassin Symbol carries IMO a part of the Assassins Creed ? whilst the top half is representative of a compass as the Assassins was global the Bottom half looks a lot less prominent than the square in the freemasons symbol which could be a way of representing the secretive nature of the Assassins work i.e. Hide in Plain site , Never compromise the brotherhood and we work in the dark to serve the light ?

Im not saying I'm right just a theory of mine .

RADAR__4077
01-03-2015, 02:27 AM
Idk about the interpretation, but I think you are right about the symbol being inspired by the freemasons.

xboxauditore
01-03-2015, 02:33 AM
What are the Freemasons again?

Altair1789
01-03-2015, 02:35 AM
I think the insignia could've come from that, but a lot of what the templars do seems to be based on Free Mason conspiracy theories

wvstolzing
01-03-2015, 02:44 AM
Nah, it's a staple remover.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19784797/staple-remover.jpg

MasterAssasin84
01-03-2015, 02:50 AM
What are the Freemasons again?

Its what technically known as a Gentleman's club were its members pledge to aid one another in times of need and offer charity within the masonic lodge ( Highly secretive though )

MasterAssasin84
01-03-2015, 02:54 AM
I think the insignia could've come from that, but a lot of what the templars do seems to be based on Free Mason conspiracy theories

From what I understand when King Phillipe of France ordered the Massacre of the Knights Templar on Friday 13th 3 Knights escaped ....

One of them escaped to to Scotland and founded the Scottish Rite Freemasonry ( George Washington was also Scottish and was the first Mason in the American Colonnies ) and two others escaped to Malta and founded the sovereign Knights of Malta .

adventurewomen
01-03-2015, 02:56 AM
I have seen the Freemason symbol in one of the AC games maybe in Brotherhood just before Desmond killed Lucy or seeing that Freemason Symbol in Revelations. Either one of those games but I do remember seeing that symbol in the games.

In general in my life so far lol.. I have seen that Freemason symbol before.

MasterAssasin84
01-03-2015, 02:59 AM
I have seen the Freemason symbol in one of the AC games maybe in Brotherhood just before Desmond killed Lucy or seeing that Freemason Symbol in Revelations. Either one of those games but I do remember seeing that symbol in the games.

In general in my life so far lol.. I have seen that Freemason symbol before.

The Assassin Symbol was just my own interpretation based upon what my Father told me about the meaning of the Masonry symbol.

adventurewomen
01-03-2015, 03:02 AM
The Assassin Symbol was just my own interpretation based upon what my Father told me about the meaning of the Masonry symbol.
Sorry I went a bit off-topic there..

I like your interpretation of the AC Logo :)

MasterAssasin84
01-03-2015, 03:04 AM
Sorry I went a bit off-topic there..

I like your interpretation of the AC Logo :)

:) Im Just very interested as to what all your interpretations of the Assassin Symbol is ? what was the inspiration behind its design ?

adventurewomen
01-03-2015, 03:15 AM
:) Im Just very interested as to what all your interpretations of the Assassin Symbol is ? what was the inspiration behind its design ?
I've always thought of the A symbol looking like the shape of an Assassin Hood. From all the hood's we've had on previous Assassins they've all had the A symbol shape w/ the way their hoods lay on their heads. :)

Ureh
01-03-2015, 03:30 AM
I'm not smart, so when I saw the Assassin insignia (in a 2006 preview) I thought it was supposed to resemble the letter "A". Sorta like "S" for Superman. Eeerrrrr.... yeah. *head desk*

But like some of you guys I saw the similarity with the Freemason symbol in ACB.

Hans684
01-03-2015, 04:15 AM
We don't know it's origins, so it's a shoot in the dark. It defiantly can't be inspired by Freemasons since Assassins have existed long before that. It's true meaning and representation is unknown, currently it's just their insignia with a few changes here and there to fit their time.

GoldenBoy9999
01-03-2015, 05:03 AM
I like your interpretation. I think the insignia is supposed to be an "A" for Assassins. That's all I got. Wait, they were originally the Ḥashshāshīns, right? I don't think that makes sense...

I've always thought the Freemasons were pretty cool. There's even a lodge in White Bluff. I saw a show on Oak Island and they went to a Masonic Lodge in Halifax to get some info on it. Cool stuff. :cool:

The_Kiwi_
01-03-2015, 05:21 AM
It could just be a coincidence, though.

I always saw the symbol as a little doodle that someone did and thought "hey, this would make a cool logo for something".

RADAR__4077
01-03-2015, 05:22 AM
We don't know it's origins, so it's a shoot in the dark. It defiantly can't be inspired by Freemasons since Assassins have existed long before that. It's true meaning and representation is unknown, currently it's just their insignia with a few changes here and there to fit their time.

I'm gonna be a smartass and say the assassins are an invention of the 21st century lol

Seriously though, while it will not be part of the official story, I think it's a safe bet that the freemason symbol inspired the game's creators in some way.

orionsrise
01-03-2015, 07:58 AM
There have been a few of these theories on here from time to time. Here's something interesting, look up symbols for arsenic and you will see a close approximation to the assassin's symbol. (I tried to post it here for all ya but I'm just not forum savvy so sorry about that.) There was also an interview with someone involved with the first Assassin's Creed game said that it was supposed to be a representation of an eagle closing it's talons around prey. Well said my bit.

Shahkulu101
01-03-2015, 12:18 PM
It's simple. An 'A' standing for Assassin's that resembles a hood.

Namikaze_17
01-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I always thought it resembled the hidden blade with the "A"

But it's pretty obvious that it stands for Annihilation...

By Us...The Templars. :cool: :rolleyes:

The_Kiwi_
01-03-2015, 01:10 PM
The top bit is the Bird of Prey, flying towards and crushing its prey, which is the bottom bit.

Assassins are the birds of prey, and the symbol represents their strength.

vanilla569
01-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Simple the assassin's wear hoods, the symbol is a hood. I think that is it

wvstolzing
01-04-2015, 10:20 AM
It's an upside down staple-remover, I'm telling you.

Al Mualim had an odd fetish for office supplies. Check his desk in Masyaf. He came up with the symbol, and had it printed on banners and stuff.

Why do you think he was after the Apple?

He thought it was a paper weight & pencil sharpener, that's why.

VoldR
01-04-2015, 02:48 PM
It's the index finger and thumb of both hands put together.followed by other fingers behind the index finger.:)

xNick26
01-05-2015, 12:21 AM
There's actually a real history that assassins creed follows. The Templars were the first people to make banking systems but they also loved looking for artifacts. It has been said that the Templars found the holy grail underneath Solomons temple and have been guarding it for years. Where do you think they got the Apple of Eden idea. Because these Templars love artifacts but what's fascinating about this game is they take Desmond and almost make him Jesus people have been obsessed with Jesus bloodline trying to find out if it's real and if he was in a relationship with Mary magdalene and that's what Desmond is represented as. He was the only on with first civ blood. Adolf hitler was obsessed with trying to find the holy grail and the other artifacts that the Templar Knights found at solomons temple. The staff in ac2 that the pope had that idea came from the staff of destiny when Jesus got stabbed by the staff on the crucifix by the guard people believed it to have magical powers and some still think the Knights are alive today guarding these artifacts but who knows but ac2 also showed how the Catholic Church and Vatican has been corrupt for many years. There's a lot of history but I don't want to go to far into it because it can offend some people but if you think what I'm saying is crazy I did too for a while but look this stuff up on your own you ll find it to be true but to make a long story short this is where ac got a lot of stuff from.

wolfacisko52
11-03-2018, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=MasterAssasin84;10489239]Just though I would share some interesting information I learned a few weeks ago ?

My Father is a Freemason so I took it upon myself to ask him what the meaning for the symbol was and what it represented .... As the design of the Assassin Symbol is very similar and I was quite interested as to what he told and began interpreting my meaning of the Assassin Symbol .
Your father what? do u realize son your father is in one of the probably biggest and powerful secret society in the world? if i dont count Illuminati this is american thing.