PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed unity install key

BLACKTHR0NE
01-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Hi i dont know what to do and need help i bought AC: unity off ebay last weekend and got it the mail today after a long wait to download the game i had meeting with the message
"this cd or activation code is in use of another uplay user" or something like that it is probably in use of the last owner and i was hoping i could get the code moved form his/her account to mine if there are any people who could help me with my problem it would be very grateful for the help and if you cant help at least tell me where i could get help

Aenigmatix
01-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Sorry, but it sounds like you got duped.

Did you buy the game from an eBay verified retailer? You might be able to get a refund from them. If you bought it from some Joe Schmoe, you could try to get a refund, but chances are the guy knew he was selling you a fake key. File a complaint against him on eBay and hopefully he won't do it to others.

Otherwise, I think you're screwed.

Never buy a video game from eBay. I've done it before and got a scratched up disc in the mail. Guy refused to give me a refund. I got his eBay account banned for selling a faulty product, but I never got a refund.

BLACKTHR0NE
01-02-2015, 05:54 PM
ok thanks but do you know if there is any way to transfer the code from account to another befor i go strom normandy i want to make sure i have weapons

BLACKTHR0NE
01-02-2015, 05:59 PM
also the dlc in the box was useable i tested it but did not redeem it just in case something like this happened

Aenigmatix
01-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Well if the key is already in use by someone else than you're not going to be able to transfer that key to you. That would robbing the game form the person who's using that key, right? I'm assuming that person paid good money to use that key, so they're not likely to give it up.

YazX_
01-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Hello,

As Aenigmatix said, key in bound to one account permanently, so open a paypal dispute and get a full refund.

FancyHackerPL
01-02-2015, 11:42 PM
I bought my assassins creed unity today and while was reading the pappers from inside I erased 2-3 letters of my code with my finger and I'm fked :D, I posted to support and send a pic but I don't know if they can help me with it >(.

YazX_
01-02-2015, 11:52 PM
I bought my assassins creed unity today and while was reading the pappers from inside I erased 2-3 letters of my code with my finger and I'm fked :D, I posted to support and send a pic but I don't know if they can help me with it >(.

LOL, anyway, if you purchased it and tou have a proof of purchase like an invoice, then Support should help you with it, make sure to attach the invoice with your ticket.

FancyHackerPL
01-03-2015, 03:10 PM
LOL, anyway, if you purchased it and tou have a proof of purchase like an invoice, then Support should help you with it, make sure to attach the invoice with your ticket.

I don't have a invoice cuz I just threw it out when I left the store, Is it not enough proof that I took a pic of the code,box and evry code that was on box and CD?:nonchalance:

YazX_
01-03-2015, 09:51 PM
I don't have a invoice cuz I just threw it out when I left the store, Is it not enough proof that I took a pic of the code,box and evry code that was on box and CD?:nonchalance:

to be honest i dont know, thats up to support to decide, but you could always go back to the store and ask for an invoice since they keep history of their records incase support insisted to have one.

FancyHackerPL
01-03-2015, 10:09 PM
to be honest i dont know, thats up to support to decide, but you could always go back to the store and ask for an invoice since they keep history of their records incase support insisted to have one.

I went to the store and they told me to send pic of my destroyed code and ask for new one, they also said that I dont need that invoice if I send them pic of my box and evrytihing(what I did, just I wont get answer until monday becouse they are not working now...).:cool:

YazX_
01-03-2015, 10:25 PM
I went to the store and they told me to send pic of my destroyed code and ask for new one, they also said that I dont need that invoice if I send them pic of my box and evrytihing(what I did, just I wont get answer until monday becouse they are not working now...).:cool:

Thats great, solving the issue with the seller is faster and should always be your first option, anyway, if you faced any problems with the seller and couldnt replace your code, please contact Ubisoft support.

BLACKTHR0NE
01-05-2015, 08:11 PM
its ok guys the person i got it off was very nice about and has offered a full refund and he tested the game and did not think the cd key was anything so thanks for the help

Mr_Shade
01-05-2015, 08:34 PM
its ok guys the person i got it off was very nice about and has offered a full refund and he tested the game and did not think the cd key was anything so thanks for the help

Hi,
That's good to hear, since the keys are single use only and are not transferable - best course of action is to ask the seller for a refund, since the key can't be used again, which you have.

FancyHackerPL
01-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Hi,
That's good to hear, since the keys are single use only and are not transferable - best course of action is to ask the seller for a refund, since the key can't be used again, which you have.

Well on my paper it looks like printer faild or something, game was in plastic and evrything, It was 100% not open before but guys in store told me to send pic of it to support and ask for new code. How long does it take for support to answer?:confused:(I have send that post yesturday, I know that they work from monday to firday so they could see that today.:))