PDA

View Full Version : Long Bow dlc weapon?

FaintAffiliate
01-02-2015, 05:08 PM
I just thought I would put it out there.
I'm fully aware that we have the Phantom Blades but I would like a Long Bow alternative just for aesthetics the same as we can have a Pistol or a Rifle.
I would also like another ranged stealth weapon since with the up coming Guillotine Guns we'll have 3 loud and proud ranged types with only the Phantom Blade for silent killing.

I figured it could be coded to behave the same as the Pistol and Rifle differences. Phantom blade for speed without open combat parry abilities with the Bow/Long Bow for the ability to parry and carry on your back as a 2 handed weapon.
It would open up some interesting weapon options with bladed bows etc with the China based DLC that's been teased.

Hopefully this will be something the developers will consider since it would be a great addition to the game that I'm sure people would buy.

aL_____eX
01-02-2015, 05:15 PM
I personally like the idea of having a long bow again in one of the future installments, but this time it just doesn't fit the setting. I really liked it in AC3 although it was way overpowered and had auto aim.

FYI, the AC Chronicles: China game will be a 2D platforming thing.

GoldenBoy9999
01-02-2015, 07:16 PM
I'd like to see the bow in either a Woodland forest Robin Hood-style thing, or an ancient civilization, because almost every civilization created the bow at some point. I do like the bow, but don't put it in Unity. It would be totally out of place. I don't think they have any plans for it either.

They'd have to make some new animations and things like that. It just wouldn't work.

adventurewomen
01-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Long Bow doesn't suit Arno imo..

All AC games that we've had we have seen all Assassins have weapons that suit their character.

Aphex_Tim
01-02-2015, 07:39 PM
I really liked it in AC3 although it was way overpowered and had auto aim.

Not to mention it was a "stealth weapon" that somehow alerted every soldier in America when used...
I love bows in games but if Assassin's Creed is gonna use one again, I hope it has free aim and will actually be silent.