PDA

View Full Version : DLC Alternate ending possibility

ThugMuffin123
01-02-2015, 03:37 AM
Does anybody else enjoy the idea of having an Alternative ending DLC where instead of Elise dying she lives in some way? To give the gamers who got attached to the story between Arno and Elise some happiness with the happy ending instead of making it sad while still a very compelling and great ending but a heart breaking ending in summary. Does anybody else find that possibility for a DLC? ( I know I'd buy that DLC for sure if it were to come out)

Altair1789
01-02-2015, 03:45 AM
They could do it in a ToKW style, but in the end she's still dead

Also, put a spoiler tag in the thread name or in the text of this thread

JustPlainQuirky
01-02-2015, 05:54 AM
No.

I hate retcons.

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 06:09 AM
Nah, what's done is done.

RinoTheBouncer
01-02-2015, 01:02 PM
I really hope so. I mean if they make it somehow turn out to be THE real ending while the game’s ending is something manipulated by Abstergo or Erudito or whatever. I mean the whole Citizen E thing in AC:Liberation came out of nowhere but it worked. They could do it the other way like Abstergo manipulated this ending somehow for some reason and now with this DLC, we can see the real deal.

Retcons may not be everyone’s thing, but for someone like me, if they do fix something, then why not? it’s not gonna ruin any other games, just solve something that ruined the experience for many of us. For me, I would’ve given the game 9/10 or 10/10 had the ending been something like the Balloon segment. I’m really sick of sad endings. They no longer feel deep or special.

Happy endings can still be deep, powerful and inspirational if they were well-made. And in the case of ACU, Elise’s death was TOTALLY unnecessary. And fixing that to making her live can really have a positive impact on the Assassins and Templars and create a powerful message about a true unity.

Bleem7
01-02-2015, 01:36 PM
They actually could make it into a "This is what would happen if..." scenario, though it still wouldn't feel like a true ending unless they completely scrap the original one.

Rodin4
01-02-2015, 05:17 PM
I rather Arno sees what would happened if Elise did live but he died via a piece of eden like the crystal ball in connor's tribe.

It would be a good arc for another Arno game and the best of both worlds as that has happened before in the games. in AC4, Desmond mentioned the first civ chose him but they might have been looking at a different version, one that got married and became a teacher or one that never left the farm etc.