PDA

View Full Version : Does this boil anyone else's blood? AC Unity Companion App

UnionJack54
01-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Good Job Ubisoft! I now have to spend time playing an app instead of the real game! I payed $60 for a game and in order to getthe full experience, I have to play the nomad missions on the app. Also, if I want to get all the outfits, I have to make an initiates account and do the challenges for that. It bothers me that I have to leave the experience of the game, and play the app. It takes me out of the beautiful city of Paris, and onto my phone to play the Nomad missions.

P.S. Can I still 100% it without the Companion App? That'd make me feel a bit better if I could

aL_____eX
01-01-2015, 07:48 PM
P.S. Can I still 100% it without the Companion App? That'd make me feel a bit better if I could
Nope. App is required for rift artifacts. You can still get all trophies/achievements though.

JustPlainQuirky
01-01-2015, 07:48 PM

Nope.

Have fun!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwwxiphO5P1qza4nq.gif

UnionJack54
01-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Nope. App is required for rift artifacts. You can still get all trophies/achievements though.

That's pretty ridiculous. I hope its not the case with AC Victory, or whatever it will be called.

Pandassin
01-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Worst of all, even when you complete the nomad missions to unlock the outfits they don't unlock in game (Seriously, I've been to those rift artifacts 4 times now and they're still locked) >.<

It's ridiculous locking game content behind an app, it's more of a chore than fun...

EmptyCrustacean
01-01-2015, 08:56 PM
And it doesn't save your progress! If you put the app in the background it will disconnect from your Uplay account which is fine but then it won't save your progress, taking you back several hours!
Which means you have to have the app on constantly - which eats away battery life.
The entire point of Uplay is so you don't have to have the game running in order for the missions to be completed but now it's pretty much pointless.

Perk89
01-01-2015, 08:58 PM
If it helps, Initiates has been down for the holidays and you can currently get those outfits in-game by opening up certain gold chests. Now we'll see if Ubisoft is smart enough to leave it that way. To me this will show more about priorities than even the free DLC did, personally.