PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Assassin Creed IV Black Flag and Assassin Creed Rouge?

deep.neogy
01-01-2015, 04:07 PM
What is the difference between Assassin Creed IV Black Flag and Assassin Creed Rouge ?(EXCEPT THE GAME STORY & Game Location)
I think both the games are quit similar.
The only difference I see that is Assassin Rouge has only 6 Sequence where as Assassin Creed IV Black Flag has 12 Sequences.

JustPlainQuirky
01-01-2015, 08:17 PM
ACIV has more to offer open-world wise.

Divingbells, cutscene side missions....etc

Rogue is just forts forts forts

Aphex_Tim
01-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Rogue sucks.

JustPlainQuirky
01-01-2015, 08:21 PM
it doesn't suck....

it just lacks a lot of stuff that would have been excused had it been a vita game or something

SlyTrooper
01-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Rogue sucks.

Rogue is my favourite AC game. ACIV was beforehand, but Rogue offers the same content but a better story.

JustPlainQuirky
01-01-2015, 08:31 PM
I would argue it offers less content.

That being said, apart of me likes it more than ACIV. The modern day certainly at least. And Shay i love more.

but ACIV had a lot more effort into it and it shows in the presentation.

like i said the bombshell that is unity is making me appreciate ACIV a bit more

SlyTrooper
01-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Maybe I should rephrase what I said. It has the same gameplay as ACIV. I don't really care that it has less because I own both anyway. The story makes up for any short-comings too.

HDinHB
01-01-2015, 10:28 PM

And icebergs, narwhals, and auks. (I haven't finished Rogue yet)

Fatal-Feit
01-01-2015, 10:36 PM
As I posted on the PC section.

Rogue*

Rogue reuses the same engine, gameplay, and graphics, but it's an entirely new game. It's like the Revelations of the Ezio Trilogy.

Besides the story and setting, there's a ton of new additions. I've only played about 20 hours of the game, but I'll try to list down whatever I can remember.

* New chase breakers such as zip-lines and so on

* New parkour and combat animations

* New tools such as the Air Rifle

* New outfits and weapons

* New collectibles

* New naval weapons and tools like ice breakers

* New missions and quests such as hunting, capturing french settlements, and etc

* Different aesthetics

* New enemies like Assassin stalkers and Hunters now on land

* New Eagle Vision

* Renovations

* A much larger world that changes the gameplay in each of the 3 major locations

* New headquarter (NY)

* Different soundtrack

I need to play Rogue again to refresh my mind, but from what I've played, there are enough differences to separate the two.

The_Kiwi_
01-01-2015, 11:40 PM
Basically, the only thing the games share are some mechanics and a HUD.
But that's because they're both Abstergo Entertainment research projects, therefore the same animus, and by extension, same userface.
Don't hate on Rogue because it looks the same, it's actually more different to AC4 than ACB was to AC2

Rogue > Unity
:rolleyes:

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-02-2015, 04:45 AM
I wouldn't grab this game. It's not bad, but there are far better games out there that you can spend your money on for the same price, or even cheaper.

This game is essentially a DLC to AC4. Same assets, same everything with some extremely minor tweaks, like reverse boarding. The gameplay is exactly the same but you can be boarded instead of others.

It's pretty clear it was a throw away effort. 6 hr story, no multiplayer and filled with collectibles and forts. No narrative side content.

deep.neogy
01-02-2015, 04:46 AM

Yeah you are right...ACIV has offered a bigger open world with many missions.

RADAR__4077
01-02-2015, 04:51 AM
I honestly would have enjoyed AC IV much more if they had simply called it black flag and made it it's own game. Edward made a good pirate but a poor assassin. Maybe I just held it to too high of standards based on the games that came before it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and the gameplay was excellent, but it was lacking on both sides of the story to me. Edward didn't feel like an assassin and the faceless abstergo employee doesn't do anything for me.

Rogue is my favorite outside of the Desmond saga because it has a decent, though short, story that not only has an interesting main character, but also provides an excellent prequel to AC 3 and unity(which totally wasted the opportunity to build on it)

Also, I like the improvements made with the naval combat.