PDA

View Full Version : Curious about the new games.

PikeBishop
05-25-2004, 05:40 AM
With BoB and PF on the horizon I am just curious about how the engines may differ from IL-2fb.
I notice that every time a new patch emerges in IL-2fb and FM's or DM's are altered, people are forever complaining about how their favourite machine has been toned down etc.
As I see it, if future games were developed in a way such that the atmosphere density, gravity and power (thrust) could be artificially created together with the 3D models. Then whatever performance was achieved with any given type in the 'artificial world' it would be 'relative' to any other type.
Therefore there could be NO complaints about relative performance not being 'correct'. Hence the developers would not be continually trying to match performance to recorded data.
Do either BoB or PF work along those lines???

PikeBishop
05-25-2004, 05:40 AM
With BoB and PF on the horizon I am just curious about how the engines may differ from IL-2fb.
I notice that every time a new patch emerges in IL-2fb and FM's or DM's are altered, people are forever complaining about how their favourite machine has been toned down etc.
As I see it, if future games were developed in a way such that the atmosphere density, gravity and power (thrust) could be artificially created together with the 3D models. Then whatever performance was achieved with any given type in the 'artificial world' it would be 'relative' to any other type.
Therefore there could be NO complaints about relative performance not being 'correct'. Hence the developers would not be continually trying to match performance to recorded data.
Do either BoB or PF work along those lines???

ednavar
05-25-2004, 06:33 AM
You mean having something close to the blade element theory used with X-Plane? That would be extremely cool indeed..

e.