PDA

View Full Version : Things that make me wonder about ACU

dargor5
12-31-2014, 05:31 PM
Let me start by saying this is not a complain or troll post, I love ACU.

I just want to ask about some things because they can be either bugs or laziness from ubi as well as story related stuff so here it goes.

Why Arno doesn't say "rest in peace"'? Every single Assassin has done it so far and it adds a very cool aspect to the just kill X person (Edward is another matter he is an outlaw), heck even of the other assassin says it at some point on the main campaign.

Why do we have 1 hidden blade instead of two? We are still in Europe and you could say Ezio is one of the most famous assassins in the Lore so why go back with the technology?

Why do all enemies have deadly accuracy with fire arms? This does not make the combat more engaging it just makes it annoying, there's no way to shake the aim from someone they even shoot you though people for god sake!!

Ok that last one might be a bug but any of you more immersed in the Lore that can enlighten me :)

Fatal-Feit
12-31-2014, 06:01 PM
Why Arno doesn't say "rest in peace"'? Every single Assassin has done it so far and it adds a very cool aspect to the just kill X person (Edward is another matter he is an outlaw), heck even of the other assassin says it at some point on the main campaign.

''Rest in piece'' doesn't fit Arno's character/persona.

And there're no white rooms for dialogue. They've been replaced with flashbacks, which enhances the mystery/conspiracy aspects. I would die for something like Germain's mix of white room + flashback.

The absence of one piece of repetitive dialog doesn't bother me at all, but to each their own.

Why do we have 1 hidden blade instead of two? We are still in Europe and you could say Ezio is one of the most famous assassins in the Lore so why go back with the technology?

They didn't go back in technology, the Assassins now have Phantom Blades.

There are many reasons for the absence of 2 hidden blades:

1. They're redundant. Performing two simultaneous kills are still possible with one hidden blade, and it looks a lot more badass.

2. Going back to the roots. Having only one hidden blade like in AC1 was nostalgic.

3. It's been beaten to death. It's just not cool anymore. I actually adore the fact that Arno has only one hidden blade and could perform dual kills with one.

Why do all enemies have deadly accuracy with fire arms? This does not make the combat more engaging it just makes it annoying, there's no way to shake the aim from someone they even shoot you though people for god sake!!

Like in the past games, throw down a smoke bomb if you're detected by a sniper.