PDA

View Full Version : Ok listen

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
12-31-2014, 12:05 PM
For all of you people voicing your opinion which you are entitled to regarding "fleshed out characters and narrative", because that seems to be what a lot of the gripes are about. LISTEN AC is about Assassins and Templars it is not about Desmond Abstergo represents Corporate greed and Special Interest Assassins Creed is more of a spin on life then what it is about a narrative or 1 single solitary Character. The game is about and age old battle between 2 different ideals THAT IS IT. This game is not Metal Gear or Halo, or Mass Effect what I mean by that is AC is not just about 1 character. Now me personally my favorite AC games have been 1) AC Unity 2) AC Brotherhood.

BOTTOM LINE AC UNITY post patch is a great game and Ubisoft will have everything fixed next year. Also The Paris Stories are not bad at all you just have to play the 4 or 5 diamond ones. And the co-op whoaaa!!! Keep those Heist Missions coming it feels like you are on some ancient Spec Ops team or something, but I only play with 1 other buddy. And for all you guys moaning nobody seems to talk about ROGUE I didn't play it but that seemed like it had a very interesting story.

king-hailz
12-31-2014, 12:15 PM
You are basing what you say on what the games have given you. Since the first game we have had the assassin Vs templar war! Well we have also had the modern day and the entire other storyline since the first game, and every game since! So you can't say that it's not about that!

SlyTrooper
12-31-2014, 12:37 PM
Nobody cares about Desmond. We just want a modern day for the exact reasons you just said. It expands upon the Assassin-Templar war.

MasterAssasin84
12-31-2014, 02:31 PM
One of the many reasons I love Assassins Creed is the mixture of Historical ( and Legend ) mixed with modern day science .

without the Animus sessions It would not be the same and I must say I like the fact that abstergo are actually trying to change the course of History which makes the plot more sinister .

Thats the beauty of the Animus ! we can visit any time period we choose .

Hans684
12-31-2014, 05:15 PM
For all of you people voicing your opinion which you are entitled to regarding "fleshed out characters and narrative", because that seems to be what a lot of the gripes are about.

Unity suffers from the same as AC1 but AC1 did it better. Altaïr started as an ******* doing things his way and not following the orderand creed to the letter but soon learns from his mistakes and ends up following the creed and orders. He becomes wiser, he learns from his mistakes.

Arno: This guy finds guilt in the death of his father(escapes it by writing letters) and the death of his step father(the letter he never got), so he tries to redeem(could say revenge in the process) himself by killing the killers of his step father. But as soon as he's pushed a little he escapes from whatever that pushed him away(usually with wine and alone). First when said by Élise to go, then by Élise when she say that if he don't have the stomac for revenge, she don't need him. And then when Élise dies, he lives by himself for awhile avoiding the Assassins but joins them for X reasons. Now the end is all well and good and he could have developed there to a guy capable of following orders and the creed but according to Dead Kings he seeks isolation, he escapes again. Locking himself away from the problems that's his character, someone who runs away from problems. The only time he tried to fix done thing was during his redemption that is just as much a success as it is a failure. He got the big bad guy but lost his precious girlfriend.

That's one thing about Unity, I'm commenting on the rest latter.

Hrafnagud72
12-31-2014, 08:44 PM
You say AC is only about the war between assassins and templars. And then you say AC has nothing to do with Desmond or Abstergo. Yet, Desmond is an assassin and Abstergo is a Templar organization. So, the modern day is exactly a war between assassins and templars. And without the modern day, there is absolutely no reason to go into the animus and relive the old memories of the assassin/templar war.

So, listen, I have to conclude you are a moron and you have no idea what you are talking about, op.

Hans684
12-31-2014, 09:12 PM
Round 2.

Would like to add to my first post, some reasons for the poor development is that:

1. The entire game basically is investigate and kill, there no room for development. The design is simple and straight to the point, so we get little to other kind of memories in between to help the story and characters. Because of that.

2. The character and story suffers, they get little screen time and the game itself never holds the story, it's to free.

LISTEN AC is about Assassins and Templars it is not about Desmond Abstergo represents Corporate greed and Special Interest Assassins Creed is more of a spin on life then what it is about a narrative or 1 single solitary Character.

AC can be about a lot if things, it depends on the perspective. If you view it from a gameplay perspective, then only AC1 and Unity is worthy of the title but from a lore and story perspective the Unity doesn't deserve the title. And MD is the current Assassin-Templar war, so we clearly need more of that. Desmond is done, nothing more. He had and arc and story but it's over, it's all over. Abstergo is extremist Templars(big bad guy), they don't represent anything. Their just another faction in a never ending war like the Assassins. Narrative is important, we didn't need to relive Arno's memories, so Unity's "story" don't have a reason to exist. Rogue was far more relevant than Unity.

The game is about and age old battle between 2 different ideals THAT IS IT. This game is not Metal Gear or Halo, or Mass Effect what I mean by that is AC is not just about 1 character. Now me personally my favorite AC games have been 1) AC Unity 2) AC Brotherhood.

That's not all, do that's not it. There is far more, your picking a straw and calming it the only good one.

BOTTOM LINE AC UNITY post patch is a great game and Ubisoft will have everything fixed next year.

Bottom like of Unity 101:

Poor story and character development.

Useless story.

To much transmedia locking content.

Poorest take on history so far.

Missed operturnitys.

Short story.

Doesn't progress the narrative.

Also The Paris Stories are not bad at all you just have to play the 4 or 5 diamond ones.

Their a joke and to many, they alone is more Gump than AC3.

And the co-op whoaaa!!!

The story broke them

Keep those Heist Missions coming it feels like you are on some ancient Spec Ops team or something

Not needed just like the rifts, they can make that but not MD. That's hard to belive.

And for all you guys moaning nobody seems to talk about ROGUE I didn't play it but that seemed like it had a very interesting story.

Nobody talks about Rogue because Unity is the problem. Rogue is Black Flag 2.0 with a better story.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-01-2015, 12:41 AM
You say AC is only about the war between assassins and templars. And then you say AC has nothing to do with Desmond or Abstergo. Yet, Desmond is an assassin and Abstergo is a Templar organization. So, the modern day is exactly a war between assassins and templars. And without the modern day, there is absolutely no reason to go into the animus and relive the old memories of the assassin/templar war.

So, listen, I have to conclude you are a moron and you have no idea what you are talking about, op.

You need better comprehension skills NO WHERE did I say "It is not about Abstergo" Abstergo is a Templar agency as you said I said that AC is not really about characters because they are all just memories anyway. it is about the over all war between Assassins and Templars. So when I think of it like that I can safely say that the characters do matter but maybe not to the degree that you guys scrutinize it.

I SWEAR THERE IS ALWAYS 1 DO*CHE.

wickywoowoo
01-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Ubisoft have a critically and commercially loved game in Far Cry 3 and your character was a shallow, dislikeable turd. The only character worth a damn was Vas. People did not complain about fleshed out characters in that because one was so memorable. Maybe they need to make a bad guy so epicly classic that the guy you play as is almost meaningless?

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-01-2015, 12:48 AM
Round 2.

Would like to add to my first post, some reasons for the poor development is that:

1. The entire game basically is investigate and kill, there no room for development. The design is simple and straight to the point, so we get little to other kind of memories in between to help the story and characters. Because of that.

2. The character and story suffers, they get little screen time and the game itself never holds the story, it's to free.

AC can be about a lot if things, it depends on the perspective. If you view it from a gameplay perspective, then only AC1 and Unity is worthy of the title but from a lore and story perspective the Unity doesn't deserve the title. And MD is the current Assassin-Templar war, so we clearly need more of that. Desmond is done, nothing more. He had and arc and story but it's over, it's all over. Abstergo is extremist Templars(big bad guy), they don't represent anything. Their just another faction in a never ending war like the Assassins. Narrative is important, we didn't need to relive Arno's memories, so Unity's "story" don't have a reason to exist. Rogue was far more relevant than Unity.

That's not all, do that's not it. There is far more, your picking a straw and calming it the only good one.

Bottom like of Unity 101:

Poor story and character development.

Useless story.

To much transmedia locking content.

Poorest take on history so far.

Missed operturnitys.

Short story.

Doesn't progress the narrative.

Their a joke and to many, they alone is more Gump than AC3.

The story broke them

Not needed just like the rifts, they can make that but not MD. That's hard to belive.

Nobody talks about Rogue because Unity is the problem. Rogue is Black Flag 2.0 with a better story.
Abstergo does represent special interest and corporate greed and what you said is your opinion but everything with you people goes back to narrative but since you guys are so into that then can you tell me what AC is truly about from a character and narrative perspective from part 1 until now tying in all characters and games. What is it really all leading to. NOTHING is the answer because Assaains vs. Templars will never stop. I cant believe you said co-op and this game are not needed you really need to play with only 1 buddy and then see what you think.

Journey95
01-01-2015, 02:22 AM
ughh how many threads will you make about this?? annoying troll