PDA

View Full Version : If I had any say... (a place for PRODUCTIVE conversation)

RADAR__4077
12-31-2014, 03:56 AM
Like the the title suggests, I'll start by saying how I would continue the series, then everyone is welcome to comment and leave their ideas as long as the conversation stays constructive and positive.

That means no implying that other people are stupid or wrong. And no page long rants quoting people and explaining exactly why you are right and they are wrong. I don't want this turning into a b####fest.

Keep in mind that I realize that not everything I say is reasonable to ask for and will not please everyone. This is my version of a perfect world.

Here we go... this may take a while....

I would slow down production so that the writers could have all the time they need to create a masterpiece that will actually be memorable and talked about.

I think the series should be wrapped up in three games.

First, Juno rises to power. The animus is used in desperation in hopes that something can be done to stop her. At the end, a sage is found (either a long-dead body, or a live modern sage would work)

Second, Juno recruits humans to do her bidding and she ruthlessly slaughters and enslaves the rest of the human race. The sage's memories are searched in hopes of finding a way to stop her. This game would focus almost entirely on the first civilization and the war that destroyed it.

Third, the assassins find a way to stop Juno and go to the Templars, who have more resources and manpower, in an effort to save humanity. This game has no memory searching. It follows two characters, one assassin and one templar, as they wage war on Juno and her army. I would like the assassin to play like the traditional assassin, and the templar to play like ghost recon. One stealth and free running, the other the grunt going in guns blazing.

For gameplay I like the idea of using the same character for sp and mp, but there has to be a way to unlock everything using both methods. For example, unlock X piece of equipment by EITHER playing co-op mission Y OR single player mission Z.

Continue to add more depth to the customization so that everyone truely has a unique character that stands out.

Scrap anything that is done outside of the game. No websites and no apps, unless they are only used as a way of accessing portions of the game when you are not home.

After all this is accomplished, the series would continue WITHOUT any modern day story. That way there is a sense of closure, but they can continue exploring the endless conflicts and settings history provides.

I know I'm forgetting alot of stuff but it's a start.

Your turn everyone! Let get this discussion going!

Altair1789
12-31-2014, 03:59 AM
I might just give up on this series entirely. It seems like Ubisoft has no passion for the progression of the storyline, or anything other than keeping people buying their games

I posted this list of what I want for the series in another thread, but here it is again:

1. Drop mandatory Companion Apps
2. Make a Unity DLC letting us do the missions of those people in the Helix Menu. That menu was a big **** you to anyone and everyone who cared about the series. At least make it return.
3. Bring back Desmond, or one of Desmond's relatives (ie his son that was mentioned by Clay) as one of the major protagonists ASAP.
4. Make Victory's protagonist one of Desmond's ancestors
5. FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED- CONNOR, AVELINE, SHAY, ESEOSA. ARNO IS OPTIONAL.
6. Overall, GOOD PLOTS AND NARRATIVE

If Victory doesn't satisfy most of these I'm out for Patrice's historical AAA. At least that guy actually cares about his games

GoldenBoy9999
12-31-2014, 04:07 AM
I liked how you were actually including MD, until the end. I can't say I agree with MD ending forever.

And having an overarching story is good. We need one of those.

Transmedia should definitely go. Get that crap outta here.

RADAR__4077
12-31-2014, 04:35 AM
I liked how you were actually including MD, until the end. I can't say I agree with MD ending forever.

And having an overarching story is good. We need one of those.

Transmedia should definitely go. Get that crap outta here.

I get what you mean. Maybe at some point they could start MD back up, but right now I want some closure. The way they are throwing in a halfa$$ed MD with no direction is incredibly frustrating to me.

GoldenBoy9999
12-31-2014, 04:39 AM
The way they are throwing in a halfa$$ed MD with no direction is incredibly frustrating to me.

Yes it is. There is almost no MD plot progression in the recent AC games.

RADAR__4077
12-31-2014, 05:57 PM
Wow... this thread sure stalled out quick...

I figured with all of the people on here going on about what they don't like, more than two people would actually have some idea of what they DO want... Nothing good comes from complaining if no real effort is made to find a solution.

Come on guys let's hear your ideas. Let's show Ubisoft that we care about what happens next. I'm not going to the guy who says "I don't like the way you are doing things, I don't know how you could do better, but you should be able to figure something out."

warlord0867
12-31-2014, 07:12 PM
Trouble is most of my negative comments address what isn't needed in the game - not that it's a bad game and needs things adding to it. Take stuff out and focus the efforts on the core game play. For instance do I need so many swords/guns/suits/etc with the same capabilities but different appearance? But the danger of taking stuff out is you end up taking out the wrong stuff... /whistling ;)

It does need a more connected and well written storyline. Wandering around different time periods is excellent, but keeping it within a single ancestral line would mean a more joined up story. But may limit the creativity as once the lineage is built you can only travel generation to generation for so long.

I'm not sure how you keep it interesting to play though. A core of good gameplay will only go so far before you end up recycling the same game with different arenas.

Bring back some of the features that were available in the previous editions. It makes no sense that the technology used since Altair has actually degraded that means his outfit is still relevant even much later in history. Throwing knives, dual blades, poison blade etc. surely the Assassin's would not have abandoned such material?

JustPlainQuirky
12-31-2014, 07:27 PM
reason thread isnt active is because already plenty threads like this where people have already posted their ideas

RADAR__4077
01-01-2015, 01:18 AM
reason thread isnt active is because already plenty threads like this where people have already posted their ideas

Yes but I have yet to see a constructive conversation about the MD story, only complaints about the lack of one.

I was hoping to get some ideas out there about what can be done to save a dying MD. Not only am I curious to see what people come up with, but I'm also holding on to a little hope that Ubisoft might use something they see here, or at least find some inspiration for something new.