PDA

View Full Version : ACU.exe not working

guest-WeBfeYqY
12-30-2014, 12:42 AM
Dear community,

Whenever I start playing AC Unity, it crashes saying ACE.exe not working blablabla...
I know many people have this issue. But I have never found any solutions!
I'm sure that this PC can handle AC Unity, so thats not the problem!

Would love to hear any answers,

Antonie Muijtjens

YazX_
12-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Hello,

Try these steps:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/984398-PC-ACU-Troubleshooting-Guide-And-Possible-Solutions

guest-WeBfeYqY
12-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Hello,

Try these steps:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/984398-PC-ACU-Troubleshooting-Guide-And-Possible-Solutions

Thank you really much for replying! So this is a client and server problem? Is this going to get patched in any of the coming patches? I already tried a few of these but I guess the game should be corrected for this problem? Sorry for my english.

Kind regards,

Antonie Muijtjens

YazX_
12-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Hello,

The thing is PCs have different configurations and setups and its impossible to test and predict all scenarios, most of times errors can be caused by user configurations, thats why i advised you to follow all the steps in the link i provided, in anyway, you can contact Ubisoft Support to address and follow up with your issue, link is in my signature.

guest-WeBfeYqY
12-31-2014, 12:17 AM
Hello,

The thing is PCs have different configurations and setups and its impossible to test and predict all scenarios, most of times errors can be caused by user configurations, thats why i advised you to follow all the steps in the link i provided, in anyway, you can contact Ubisoft Support to address and follow up with your issue, link is in my signature.

Okay, thats why this problem can't be solved for all AC players.
Thanks! ;)

guest-WeBfeYqY
01-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Hello,

Try these steps:

Dear YazX,

I tried a few of these steps, and a few that I couldn't do. Like the one for the startup menu, I need programs getting started up when I put my pc on. Next thing is that I have no idea how I could do a few things. I still got the ACU problem and I really need help. Hope that you can help me out with this!

Kind regards,

Antonie Muijtjens

YazX_
01-21-2015, 11:40 PM
Dear YazX,

I tried a few of these steps, and a few that I couldn't do. Like the one for the startup menu, I need programs getting started up when I put my pc on. Next thing is that I have no idea how I could do a few things. I still got the ACU problem and I really need help. Hope that you can help me out with this!

Kind regards,

Antonie Muijtjens

The thing is, some programs can conflict with the game process and cause it to crash, so you need to disable them all and see if the game works, if yes then you need to narrow it down to the program who is causing the issue and turn it off when you want to play and then on when you are done.

About other steps, please let me know what are the steps that you need help with and ill try my best to explain.

greymann17
01-22-2015, 01:43 PM
For what it's worth, I had this problem at first and found a solution that worked for me. From discussions I've seen it must not be a general problem so I have not mentioned it before. It turned out that for me if I had fraps running it crashed, stopped fraps and it ran. So I've gone to afterburner and at least don't have that problem.

sinker4
02-17-2015, 04:15 AM
I have a UPLAY retail pc version on assassins creed unity and no mater how many times I installed the game it would hang up with an error message ACU exe is not responding. Well I got the game to work and here is what worked for me. I went to documents/ assassins creed unity. there is a folder with ACU configurations and GFX settings .ACH. I deleted the GFX file went back and restarted the game. and for the first time it worked. I was able to make and save all the game settings, start close and restart the game. A new GFX file appeared in the assassins creed unity folder so for me all is good. I hope this help somone

YazX_
02-17-2015, 12:15 PM
I have a UPLAY retail pc version on assassins creed unity and no mater how many times I installed the game it would hang up with an error message ACU exe is not responding. Well I got the game to work and here is what worked for me. I went to documents/ assassins creed unity. there is a folder with ACU configurations and GFX settings .ACH. I deleted the GFX file went back and restarted the game. and for the first time it worked. I was able to make and save all the game settings, start close and restart the game. A new GFX file appeared in the assassins creed unity folder so for me all is good. I hope this help somone

This is mentioned in the guide i provided above (under Game Crash section point #8):

but i'm not sure if users are really following all steps or not since it happened more than once that i get a reply that they tried everything and nothing worked but apparently they didnt perform half of the steps.