PDA

View Full Version : Are we Getting Single lane MP Gamemode?

MyNinjaDefuse
12-29-2014, 11:27 PM
As stated in the title I was wondering if we would be seeing the single lane races return for things like the Hardcore gamemode or Just to play tracks from TC that are only 1 Lane with friends? That is all I did in Evo was played hardcore and TC tracks in private matches so I really hope they will be returning.

S-Wallis
12-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Good luck getting an answer. I mean that, I'm not being sarcastic.

I asked this question ages ago. In a very polite manner, I simply asked if Red Lynx had any plans to release single lane MP in the future. I was ignored for a week. So I asked again. Again, in a very calm, polite manner. Ignored for another week. Lost my temper and ranted about being ignored and something else (general public receiving information before die hard fans). I even said that i would accept an answer of "soon" or we're looking into it, haven't decided yet, anything that just acknowledged that i asked a question. No surprise that I was ignored that time though, lol.

So... I asked three times whether this would be something that RL may consider releasing in the future. And all three times I was ignored! It really doesn't take much to simply say "Maybe. We haven't decided yet."

I've purchased fusion and the season pass for all 3 consoles, so to be blatantly ignored like that annoyed me, to say the least. Not the first time it's happened though. Before fusion was released I asked if there would be a cross buy option like COD ghosts and battlefield 4 where if you buy it for the 360 you can upgrade to X1 for 10. Never got an answer. I asked if buying the season pass for the 360 would also give me the season pass for the X1 (again, like COD ghosts and BF4). Again, no answer.

What annoyed me the most though was when I confirmed both answers for myself, I submitted my answer to the Q&A thread and it was updated. Then, some months later, I mentioned something about this, and a dev/community manager said that was answered in the Q&A thread before release! If you look at the Q&A thread you'll see that I asked the questions, and was ignored, then after release confirmed it for myself (and posted the finding in the same thread).

The morale of this story is that ubilynx do not post any information that makes them look bad. Even if they know the answer, and is a fact about the game. If you asked them a question where they know that you won't like the answer, they simply ignore you, no matter how many times you ask!

empecee
12-31-2014, 12:21 PM

I asked this question ages ago. In a very polite manner, I simply asked if Red Lynx had any plans to release single lane MP in the future. I was ignored for a week. So I asked again. Again, in a very calm, polite manner. Ignored for another week. Lost my temper and ranted about being ignored and something else (general public receiving information before die hard fans). I even said that i would accept an answer of "soon" or we're looking into it, haven't decided yet, anything that just acknowledged that i asked a question. No surprise that I was ignored that time though, lol.

So... I asked three times whether this would be something that RL may consider releasing in the future. And all three times I was ignored! It really doesn't take much to simply say "Maybe. We haven't decided yet."

I've purchased fusion and the season pass for all 3 consoles, so to be blatantly ignored like that annoyed me, to say the least. Not the first time it's happened though. Before fusion was released I asked if there would be a cross buy option like COD ghosts and battlefield 4 where if you buy it for the 360 you can upgrade to X1 for 10. Never got an answer. I asked if buying the season pass for the 360 would also give me the season pass for the X1 (again, like COD ghosts and BF4). Again, no answer.

What annoyed me the most though was when I confirmed both answers for myself, I submitted my answer to the Q&A thread and it was updated. Then, some months later, I mentioned something about this, and a dev/community manager said that was answered in the Q&A thread before release! If you look at the Q&A thread you'll see that I asked the questions, and was ignored, then after release confirmed it for myself (and posted the finding in the same thread).

The morale of this story is that ubilynx do not post any information that makes them look bad. Even if they know the answer, and is a fact about the game. If you asked them a question where they know that you won't like the answer, they simply ignore you, no matter how many times you ask!

its called damage controll m8 . vague or no answers to questions they dont want to tell u the truth to .because you are a minority complainer /disruption. they just want blind sheep .not interested in long term loyal players anymore

FlowRiderX
12-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Actually this was answered somewhere. (I always check the Forums on my Way to Work)
The State of the Art is that they want to release Multiplayer as it is; just fix all the little Bugs, maybe add something really minor but no big Changes anymore as of now. And as the first Release goes out they'll start working on the bigger Changes / MP Updates. As of MP Single Lane last thing I heard is that they would really like/want to do this but will lay the mayor focus for the coming Months on this Mode and other Stuff they still want to add (we don't know about). So basically maybe some Day but don't expect anything in the next few Months.

I feel you Walli on this one I really liked that mode too and I too did not always get an answer though I was never impolite or something. I had a negativity Phase for this Game since I was really into the Presucessor though.

@empecee
That for one part on their site but people also rage way more than in the Past. People just love to say this sucks or this sucks even if they still like playing it. That is the key problem as of me I really meant it when I said it but there are people on here that play the "s.h.i.t" out of this game and have prob like 18+ hours of GameTime and still say it sucks. So I kind of get their point of not wanting to answer anymore.. I am a very relaxed guy in this regard. I am just thankful I got my HD/Evo Fix and I'll hope that Future Games get to be more of my Liking again. As of Fusion it was the first Trials Game ever that was not worth my money (only played a total of 3 hours); I am still on here cause I like the Idea behind Trials and most of the Old Gen People that are still on here, in webchat and other Areas. I also like the Devs of this Game since I got very nice answers from them in the Past. Just so used to checking and Answering on these Forums.

S-Wallis
01-01-2015, 07:07 AM
As annoyed with Ubilynx as I am, I can't deny the amazing value that Fusion offers! If I didn't like it for the 360, I wouldn't have brought it for the XB1 or ps4. Admittedly, I thought that online MP would have been released a loooong time ago! But the value for money is simply unbeatable!

I was always calm and considerate in my posts on here. I even sent En0 a pm basically saying keep your head up, and that he was doing a great job a few months ago when I noticed that he was getting annoyed with all of the negativity on the forum. But yeah, being ignored for 2 weeks made me snap. Especially when it would have been so easy to reply. And while I didn't actually swear, I got two infractions for swearing. I posted $ instead of s, 3 instead of e and 1 instead of I. I do that on all websites and YouTube because I don't like swearing online in case kids see it. I didn't use the F word. Just sh.. (you can guess the other 2 letters) and that it P'd me off - just an English expression. Americans would probably say that they were pi, a double s, then ed. If I get an infraction for that then i give up!

Across all consoles I have about 4 days game time. The closest other game I have would be destiny at nearly 5 days. Nothing else comes close. Although I did have 18 days in GTA online for the 360. But I had more days in Evo than I did for GTA so Trials has always been my best value for money game. If Fusion had online MP I'd probably have about 10 days in it by now, making it even better value for money!

So I'm not complaining about the game, as much as I am complaining about my/our treatment on this "official" forum. Sorry Ubisoft, but you have a very bad reputation. And now I see why! (Notice I said Ubisoft, and not Ubilynx).

Edit. Just re read your post happyflow. You're gonna get an infection for that. Swearing, lol.

FlowRiderX
01-01-2015, 12:48 PM
As annoyed with Ubilynx as I am, I can't deny the amazing value that Fusion offers! If I didn't like it for the 360, I wouldn't have brought it for the XB1 or ps4. Admittedly, I thought that online MP would have been released a loooong time ago! But the value for money is simply unbeatable!

I'd rather not say Ubilynx, it's still Redlynx; there are quite a lot of Devs still working there from the original team. It is just that they hired a lot of new staff making the older Devs less influential (though they probably moved up positions inside the company).

I was always calm and considerate in my posts on here. I even sent En0 a pm basically saying keep your head up, and that he was doing a great job a few months ago when I noticed that he was getting annoyed with all of the negativity on the forum. But yeah, being ignored for 2 weeks made me snap. Especially when it would have been so easy to reply. And while I didn't actually swear, I got two infractions for swearing. I posted $ instead of s, 3 instead of e and 1 instead of I. I do that on all websites and YouTube because I don't like swearing online in case kids see it. I didn't use the F word. Just sh.. (you can guess the other 2 letters) and that it P'd me off - just an English expression. Americans would probably say that they were pi, a double s, then ed. If I get an infraction for that then i give up!

Yeah En0 is doing a great Job and he is a very honest guy. Sebbbi was more transparent back in the day but that was due to him being able to share more Information; I wish they would share more Info on here again. But PR People are probably against it, due to people having a flamming attitude. I mean if you look at it like this what would have happened if he said that MP would be coming in early 2015. ****storm incoming I can tell you. XD As of me I have the feeling that there is more negativity spreading in the entire world in general. So @Devs don't take it too seriously a lot of people (me included) are frustrated these days since they do not have the power to change much in this world. Everything just seems so senseless to me these days and some share this attitude.

Across all consoles I have about 4 days game time. The closest other game I have would be destiny at nearly 5 days. Nothing else comes close. Although I did have 18 days in GTA online for the 360. But I had more days in Evo than I did for GTA so Trials has always been my best value for money game. If Fusion had online MP I'd probably have about 10 days in it by now, making it even better value for money!

So I'm not complaining about the game, as much as I am complaining about my/our treatment on this "official" forum. Sorry Ubisoft, but you have a very bad reputation. And now I see why! (Notice I said Ubisoft, and not Ubilynx).

Edit. Just re read your post happyflow. You're gonna get an infection for that. Swearing, lol.

Nah I've been on this forum for 9 years by now, I served my time. Me getting another Infriction would mean me getting Perma Banned and I don't think that will happen due to using Swear Words (I don't use them on purpose). Also Kids know most swear words by 5 in our time and day and I don't really like this trend of censoring stuff, especially since everyone knows what is meant; it just seems so childish to me. Let People say what they want to say XD that is my opinion on that subject matter. Also swearing is one of Trials Key Components bannig people for that matter would be kind of counter productive. But yeah I've recieved my last two infrictions for swearing at a Coin and a Pipe. Sure it is Ubisoft's Place and they inforce the Rules and if this really gets me banned I'll just have to accept it. Not gonna make a second account or something basically would be GG for me.

TheeDesecrator
01-01-2015, 01:14 PM
I'll start off by saying I drink a lot (my PSN ID is Drunk-a$$, not really dollar signs, after all), so get the salt handy, but I swear during one of the first live streams after online multi-player was announced and beta was ready/near ready, they said single-lane it would not be available right away, but would be coming. Perhaps it was even one of the posts here. Who knows? I like booze.

I liked what little I played of the beta, but multi-player was never my thing so I've been extremely patient for this.

As for the rest of this discussion, I'd actually defend the RedLynx employees that post here (at least concerning news, I know nothing of infractions/bans). I'm quite sure they would love to tell us much of what we want to know, but they'd be fired for doing so. I get some of the frustration on the forum (this whole discussion so far, I feel, is legit), but I don't share the frustration and many have taken it way too far and truly appear to be downright awful people. That'd be the other reason we no longer get updates until it is about to happen. It is also why I rarely post anymore. I still read often, but rarely post unless I'm trashed, like now. You people make me drink! Well, not the fine folks currently in this discussion. You folks are pleasant. Pretty much everyone else, though.

RetiredRonin
01-03-2015, 06:19 PM
As stated in the title I was wondering if we would be seeing the single lane races return for things like the Hardcore gamemode or Just to play tracks from TC that are only 1 Lane with friends? That is all I did in Evo was played hardcore and TC tracks in private matches so I really hope they will be returning.

its called damage controll m8 . vague or no answers to questions they dont want to tell u the truth to .because you are a minority complainer /disruption. they just want blind sheep .not interested in long term loyal players anymore

Actually this was answered somewhere. (I always check the Forums on my Way to Work)

We ARE looking into it. We've mentioned it a few times now, typically on the livestreams, but in a few other places here on the forums as well.

I wish they would share more Info on here again. But PR People are probably against it, due to people having a flamming attitude.

Share more information on what? We share information when we have solid info to share... pretty much like always. Like when people asked when the Big Thrills DLC would be released and ANBA said "When it is done", or when people asked when Evo would be released and ANBA said "When it is ready".

Nah I've been on this forum for 9 years by now, I served my time. Me getting another Infriction would mean me getting Perma Banned and I don't think that will happen due to using Swear Words.

Yes. It will. It doesn't matter if you've been a member of the forums for 9 years or 9 minutes, the rules apply to everyone equally.

FlowRiderX
01-04-2015, 09:51 PM
We ARE looking into it. We've mentioned it a few times now, typically on the livestreams, but in a few other places here on the forums as well.
I am sure of having read this somewhere on here though I did not take it as an official statement or anything. I am actually just trying to be helpful sharing the Info I've read XD.

Share more information on what? We share information when we have solid info to share... pretty much like always. Like when people asked when the Big Thrills DLC would be released and ANBA said "When it is done", or when people asked when Evo would be released and ANBA said "When it is ready".

I think you just answered the question about the Difference in Info Sharing yourself.

We have not put out an officially statement yet but it is on our list of adding things once we're done with the inital Modes/Features we are about to integrate. / As of now we would really like to do this but we have yet to define the Areas we want to focus our resources; don't expect it to come soon it might be on our list after we successfully integrated all remaining features we have in planning stage right now. However, we can assure you of it being integrated in our next Installment of the Series. / We are not planning on integrating a Mode similar to this in the near future, we have internally decided to put our ressources towards multiplayer Modes/Features you will have yet to see and will hopefully get to love even more than their older counterparts. We here at Redlynx want to be a company of change and therefore thrive for change in our games. However we still support all of our old Games including the Multiplayer Components that made them Great.

That is how in my opinion an answer should look like and did look like in the Past. You have also misinterpreted some of the Quotes you provide.

When it is ready

At first to make it clear, we were given an inital release Window for Trials Evolution which was later postponed; we were also provided with the Quarter concerning the Release of Trials Evolution after this. Anba only said : "When it is ready." cause People asked for a specific date (like a day/month) it would be released in. And as speculations about this were running wild with the weirdest theories and math calculations, it was actually more of a Joke than anything else.

"When it is done"
We were also provided with the quarter of release months in advance on this one.

Also to put this into more perspective in the past when we said we needed a rope in the editor. It was just a sure thing gonna be in there next Dlc. Also you actually listened to the Feedback provided and integrated it. When you told us about FMX the notion was sure no problem but don't let it affect normal gameplay. From how easy you could have seen that it clearly affects normal gameplay seriously no one must have read this on here / cared enough testing for it. When we told you we did not like the "Welcome to the Future Song" you could have said, sure no problem (settings point added to deactivate startup music next update). In the Past you would have done exactly this. Hell you even made us a Favicon a few hours after asking for it. Also you made a giant Webchat Party with all Devs before the Release of Trials Evolution which did not pan out well but damn it was an extremely nice questure. Now the Quest is actually to find Webchat.

Yes. It will. It doesn't matter if you've been a member of the forums for 9 years or 9 minutes, the rules apply to everyone equally.
It is good to know how longterm support is valued on here. As just stated in my previous post I did even clarify that this is Ubisoft's Forum and that if you see my behaviour not being suitable you have every right of banning me. If you would have applied this Rule to the old Forums you would have banned all the Devs; all longterm members and lots of others. Even En0 (not trying to get you in trouble) was like "wtf srsly" when he first heard about this. I sometimes wonder what happened to you, you were actually a pretty nice guy somewhere down the Road.

RetiredRonin
01-05-2015, 02:40 PM
1. Yup, that's why I mentioned it.

2 & 3. No, and just because you would like something a certain way doesn't mean it can or will be that way. You are wanting full answers before the investigative work has been done. It doesn't work that way. And no, I interpreted the quotes correctly.

4 & 5a. To be clear, "When it is done" or "When it is ready" means just that. "Early 2015" is a time frame, there will be a better time frame when it's ready.

5b. If it were wholly up to me, the RedLynx WebChat would be gone. We wouldn't host it. We don't have the staff to host/moderate a 24hr chat and I've seen some of the completely inappropriate topics that people have discussed while no moderators were available. We have some chat logs, and... Don't be surprised it this goes away soon. There are other means of communicating with your friends, and while at TIMES the discussion was Trials-related (if you want to call it that) a large percentage of what I've seen has no place on a "RedLynx-run" IRC channel.

6. In my opinion long-term forum users should know the rules, and know that everyone is playing on the forums with the same rules. They should know that the same rules apply to them as much as anyone else and that they are not able to break the rules based on their time on the forums. This has nothing to do with taking something away form long-term forum users, but everything to do with things being handled in a fair manner. If you don't like being treated fairly, then you'll likely have a bad time.

I sometimes wonder what happened to you, you were actually a pretty nice guy somewhere down the Road.

I still am a nice guy, but people usually don't like those who enforce rules. Just like the cops. Previously (before RL) I was huge on community and did everything for fun. If something went bad... Oh well. It's not like it was my job or anything... I still am huge on community, but now it is my job. There's no more "oh well". I also have to make sure rules are followed. People hate when others tell them "No", hell, I hate that too, but it comes with the territory.

http://media.giphy.com/media/aXSLMy6fDsI4E/giphy.gif

FlowRiderX
01-05-2015, 10:47 PM
2 & 3. No, and just because you would like something a certain way doesn't mean it can or will be that way. You are wanting full answers before the investigative work has been done. It doesn't work that way. And no, I interpreted the quotes correctly.

No I don't want any Information before the "investigative work" if there was an actual investigative work going on. You've used this phrase in the past as an excuse to avoid answering questions at all. It is not like all the Devs would get together, have a discussion and then share it on here in a weeks time. Although you act like your investigation process would know a timeframe.

It was said that they would postpone the actual release of Evolution for a few months. & there was a Quarter defined that the Dlc Big Thrills would be released in. You make it sound like Anba simply said "Done when it is done" while we got a lot of other Info companioned with that statement before and soon (a few days) afterwards.

4 & 5a. To be clear, "When it is done" or "When it is ready" means just that. "Early 2015" is a time frame, there will be a better time frame when it's ready.

I am actually not complaining at all about the announced timeframe for the MP Release on Consoles. We got that a couple of months ahead of the actual Release which is more than decent. Also with the Beta we got a lot of Info on what MP will look like way ahead of Release. However, you purposely made it sound like it would come out soon after Release of the Game:

“Trials Fusion will support a type of online multiplayer experience as, based on the metrics from Trials Evolution, RedLynx saw that online multiplayer wasn’t [a popular] feature among players,” an Ubisoft spokesperson told GamesBeat. “So instead of bringing back the same feature, the team decided to take the time to create a new, more robust online multiplayer experience that will be released as a free game update in the months after launch.”

5b. If it were wholly up to me, the RedLynx WebChat would be gone. We wouldn't host it. We don't have the staff to host/moderate a 24hr chat and I've seen some of the completely inappropriate topics that people have discussed while no moderators were available. We have some chat logs, and... Don't be surprised it this goes away soon. There are other means of communicating with your friends, and while at TIMES the discussion was Trials-related (if you want to call it that) a large percentage of what I've seen has no place on a "RedLynx-run" IRC channel.

I thought the Devs actually like Webchat too XD didn't ever consider it a burden to RL as a company. Sure people talk all kind of things on there, it is a pretty relaxed cosy place, only thing left of the original forum. What I wonder though is how this should reflect a bad light on you? It is just a nice chat with lots of nice people not intending at all to talk smack about anything.

6. In my opinion long-term forum users should know the rules, and know that everyone is playing on the forums with the same rules. They should know that the same rules apply to them as much as anyone else and that they are not able to break the rules based on their time on the forums. This has nothing to do with taking something away form long-term forum users, but everything to do with things being handled in a fair manner. If you don't like being treated fairly, then you'll likely have a bad time.

There was actually a rule just like this on the old forums which was never executed at all. And I asked for you to lighten up in general on this one. You can make up a new rule every day if you want to but as seen this reflects directly on people's behaviour to post. If you don't want people to post anything anymore then you can keep walking that way. Your previous behaviour of giving out Infrictions for every tiny thing has led to the lowest volume of posts in RL History and I haven't seen an increase in quality either; lots of people flamming more than ever even without curse words. "I mean there was a merry christmas your game sucks post" - also a shoutout @ everyone this is not needed at all. Especially on Christmas you guys could be a little nicer than that.

I still am a nice guy, but people usually don't like those who enforce rules. Just like the cops. Previously (before RL) I was huge on community and did everything for fun. If something went bad... Oh well. It's not like it was my job or anything... I still am huge on community, but now it is my job. There's no more "oh well". I also have to make sure rules are followed. People hate when others tell them "No", hell, I hate that too, but it comes with the territory.

Most people hate cops cause they have a militaristic training, at least in my country it is that way. A lot of those guys would probably go ahead and slaughter you not giving one second of thought in the actual rule they execute. And yes I don't simpathise with brain dead people following commands. That is why I did not really compare you to a cop and I did not actually think you wanted to be one of those guys. You could apply rules in a way more relaxed manner and if they are purposely broken multiple times, without losing any integrity.

@edit: Just fixed two spelling mistakes that hurt my eyes this moring. (English is not my mother tongue)

RetiredRonin
01-06-2015, 03:33 PM
No I don't want any Information before the "investigative work" if there was an actual investigative work going on. You've used this phrase in the past as an excuse to avoid answering questions at all. It is not like all the Devs would get together, have a discussion and then share it on here in a weeks time.

It takes longer than a week to properly investigate this sort of thing, and investigation does not typically occur as soon as you decide that you will investigate it. There are many factors involved.

And yes, single lane Online MP is being looked into. Currently that is all that there is to say about it.

I thought the Devs actually like Webchat too XD didn't ever consider it a burden to RL as a company. Sure people talk all kind of things on there, it is a pretty relaxed cosy place, only thing left of the original forum. What I wonder though is how this should reflect a bad light on you? It is just a nice chat with lots of nice people not intending at all to talk smack about anything.

There are a couple of devs who like the webchat, but there's a reason more people from the studio aren't in there. It doesn't reflect negatively on myself, but it is a medium for which we offer little to no moderation on a daily basis. I think that with the advent of better and better social media and group messaging outlets the webchat only serves as an official channel that we don't/can't pay as much attention to.

There was actually a rule just like this on the old forums which was never executed at all. And I asked for you to lighten up in general on this one. You can make up a new rule every day if you want to but as seen this reflects directly on people's behaviour to post. If you don't want people to post anything anymore then you can keep walking that way. Your previous behaviour of giving out Infrictions for every tiny thing has led to the lowest volume of posts in RL History and I haven't seen an increase in quality either; lots of people flamming more than ever even without curse words. "I mean there was a merry christmas your game sucks post" - also a shoutout @ everyone this is not needed at all. Especially on Christmas you guys could be a little nicer than that.

I wrote the rules for the old forum. I upheld the rules in the old forum, I selected moderators for the old forum. It was a ton of work that is and was technically outside of the scope of my day-to-day responsibilities. The Ubisoft forums use a different (though very similar) rule-set. These rules are not mine to create or alter and have been decided upon by people who oversee the forum operations for the whole of the Ubisoft Forum system.

If people cannot follow the rules for the forum, then they will not be posting here for long. Every moderator, comdev, forum manager, community manager, community specialist, developer, etc... etc.... need to enforce the same rules, the same way. This keeps it fair for everyone. Faulting me for a person's inability to follow rules that they agree to as part of their forum interaction privileges is not something that I will entertain.

If you break the rules while driving your car, you can lose the ability to drive your car.
If you break the rules while performing your job, you can lose your job.
If you break the rules while using the forums, you can lose access to the forums.

Most people hate cops cause they have a militaristic training, at least in my country it is that way. A lot of those guys would probably go ahead and slaughter you not giving one second of thought in the actual rule they execute. And yes I don't simpathise with brain dead people following commands. That is why I did not really compare you to a cop and I did not actually think you wanted to be one of those guys. You could apply rules in a way more relaxed manner and if they are purposely broken multiple times, without losing any integrity.

I have militaristic training. I was in the ARMY for 6 years. I think that being in the military is basically the definition of militaristic training. As such, I'm going to completely ignore this whole section of your reply.

TL: DR
The rules are the rules.

FlowRiderX
01-06-2015, 04:19 PM
TL: DR

Actually you read and answered the entire thing except for a few lines inbetween you did not seem to have a good explanation for;
I'll just say I have a pure hatred for everything military; we have a compulsory military service of 6 months and those guys leach for nothing else but torturing other people not even wanting to teach them anything.
I mean really REDLYNX you made one of those guys Community Manager?! Well enjoy your Profit.
Maybe give him a couple of badges so he can feel special. Those guys cannot command anything in the Real World where they can't just walk around shooting and threatening people.

Well General I'll retain from posting, command yourself.

RetiredRonin
01-06-2015, 06:05 PM
I mean really REDLYNX you made one of those guys Community Manager?!

Yup. They did.

http://media.giphy.com/media/j5QcmXoFWl4Q0/giphy.gif

The OP has been answered, so...

LOCKED.