PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Eradication (Future Assassin's Creed Installment Idea)

Sylikhen
12-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Hello Assassin's Creed Community,

I've recently had some inspiration for a new AC game.

Before you read this: If Ubisoft actually does happen to take in this idea for an Assassin's Creed game, the storyline so far will be heavily modified and according to the current timeline progression, the game will have to be released in several years. Don't get too hyped.

So, the first, most (and possibly only) lore-reversing fact about this is that only a miniscule amount of this game will be in the past. The rest will be in the present day. That's basically the game timewise. The setting will be in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. In the beginning of the game, like in AC4, the player is an Abstergo employee (this time in third-person) and he is in an Animus/Helix exploring the memories of an Assassin or possibly a Templar in the past. About thirty minutes to an hour in, the simulation will be interrupted by a strange and unorthodox error message that may seem to be created to the First Civilization. Then, the simulation will be resumed but completely corrupted, and with surroundings glowing yellow and shifting. The console the Abstergo Employee is using will shut down completely. We now enter the present day, never to go back to the past. The Abstergo Employee exits his office and witnesses chaos as the other employees are frantically attempting to escape. However, they are constantly being shut off by security doors and Juno (who has infiltrated the Abstergo core, hence the madness) is speaking to the employees via the pager, obscurely foreshadowing her plans for the future. Anyways, you manage to find out a way to escape the building after Juno manipulates the security system and fills the entire building full of poison gas and Leap Of Faith into a body of water below. This is where the game introduction (Ubisoft presents, game logo, etc.) shows up. Then, somehow, the Assassins manage to contact the protagonist. They detail how Juno infiltrated the systems of Abstergo and shut it down and how the destruction of Abstergo Industries was a boon to them. They then state they were watching the protagonist escape and decided to recruit them. The protagonist accepts, and then he goes to a discreet and plain-looking location where he receives his hidden blade(s) and Assassin jacket (Not a robe. A jacket allows more discretion. Don't worry, the beaked hood will still be there). The new Assassin now gets his mission debrief and what the Assassin will spend doing the rest of the game: Hunting down the Templars of the Bay Area and to eventually assassinate the mysterious and shadowy Grand Master, who has been rumored of in the alleys, but never publicly seen, or so the population thinks. Along the way to the liberation of the Bay Area from the Templars, the protagonist will meet several important and famous people, such as possibly Mark Zuckerberg, the Google duo, and other internet revolutionaries).

Now, to the traits of the Assassin:

-He will have Eagle Vision.
-He is a brash and cocky at the beginning of the game, but becomes wiser and more logical as the game progresses
-He will be considerably tall and lean, but strength will be subtle (not too present on the protagonist's person)
-In his jacket is a storage space for a drone. This drone will be able to drop smoke grenades, EMPs, flashbangs, etc.
-In addition to hidden blades, this Assassin will be armed with dual pistols that are holstered on his back.
-The protagonist may have a baton (but that might be too Aiden Pearce) or a sword with a concealed scabbard

Variables:

What will the protagonist's name be?

That's for the dev team to decide.

As this is set in the present day, there will be cars. Will the Assassin be able to drive?

I want to say yes as driving was never featured in AC before, but I'm more for no for two reasons. 1: This can't be another Watch Dogs. 2: Freerunning is too important to the Assassin's Creed universe to be lost to sitting behind a wheel, turning it and pressing two pedals over and over again. It'll get boring. Parkour never is.

What about multiplayer?

I still am not sure about this topic. I'm leaning towards seamless co-op like Unity and no separate-game competitive multiplayer, but what if we could actually make seamless competitive multiplayer a concept? I think that would add a lot more life to this game and I believe Ubisoft can make it happen.

I've only stated the beginning of this game and the skeleton of the rest, but I think this will be enough for this idea to be made into a reality.

Please leave any questions, comments or concerns below. If you think this proposal should be made into an Assassin's Creed installment then please try and promote this to Ubisoft however you can. Thank you for your time.

-Sylikhen

Matknapers18
12-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Im not sure If I'm ready for a modern day AC yet. There is still so much history that the franchise is yet to explore. Plus California doesn't really appeal to me. Seems like a really overused generic location in gaming, I would prefer somewhere more original.

Plus I don't really understand the motivation behind this protagonist. Why is he killing templars? Because some random organisation told him to? For me, there has to be bigger personal connection to the dilemma not just 'hey these guys want me to be their puppet'.

Also 'brash and cocky'.. No thankyou, Ubisoft have milked those traits dry. I think I speak for the majority when i say that I don't want to see another 'brash' character again. We need something different, not this cocky archetype that we have seen in 90% of Ac protagonists.

Nevertheless, I agree with what you said about the free running. As an AC game, it needs to be there, and it needs to be significant.

Sylikhen
12-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Im not sure If I'm ready for a modern day AC yet. There is still so much history that the franchise is yet to explore. Plus California doesn't really appeal to me. Seems like a really overused generic location in gaming, I would prefer somewhere more original.

Plus I don't really understand the motivation behind this protagonist. Why is he killing templars? Because some random organisation told him to? For me, there has to be bigger personal connection to the dilemma not just 'hey these guys want me to be their puppet'.

Also 'brash and cocky'.. No thankyou, Ubisoft have milked those traits dry. I think I speak for the majority when i say that I don't want to see another 'brash' character again. We need something different, not this cocky archetype that we have seen in 90% of Ac protagonists.

Nevertheless, I agree with what you said about the free running. As an AC game, it needs to be there, and it needs to be significant.

I knew my idea wasn't cross-examination proof.

I'm thinking that the protagonist might be a reverse Shay. He's seen the horrors of what Abstergo wants and he doesn't agree with it. The Assassins are his second chance to right his wrongs.

Brash and cocky is pretty generic in a character in gaming and it is very cliche, yes, but it seems like the most conventional traits for a young protagonist. I was too tired to go past conventional.