PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fighters: Presentation?

T-Bone_
04-10-2004, 02:31 PM
One aspect I believe the original IL-2 and even Forgotten Battles did not do a good job on was presentation. Will Pacific Fighters have a reworked menu to capture that pacific atmosphere? Will there be cut scenes? Will there be dramatic music? The entire problem with IL-2 was that it lacked the ability to present the player in the whole war mood like past sims such as EAW and WWIIF did. There should be emphasis on making Pacific Fighters more moody to improve the sim's atmospheric qualities.

T-Bone

http://www.x-plane.org/users/12thiaptbone/sig3.jpg
Biohazcentral Staff
23rd VFG: Assistant Training Officer

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
-Thomas Jefferson 1776

T-Bone_
04-10-2004, 02:31 PM
One aspect I believe the original IL-2 and even Forgotten Battles did not do a good job on was presentation. Will Pacific Fighters have a reworked menu to capture that pacific atmosphere? Will there be cut scenes? Will there be dramatic music? The entire problem with IL-2 was that it lacked the ability to present the player in the whole war mood like past sims such as EAW and WWIIF did. There should be emphasis on making Pacific Fighters more moody to improve the sim's atmospheric qualities.

T-Bone

http://www.x-plane.org/users/12thiaptbone/sig3.jpg
Biohazcentral Staff
23rd VFG: Assistant Training Officer

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
-Thomas Jefferson 1776

Angelus897
04-10-2004, 04:07 PM
I agree. I wouldn't care too much if PF has the same menu system, but BoB better have good presentation.

Fennec_P
04-10-2004, 08:39 PM
My dream is that the briefings will be free of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

heywooood
04-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Fennec - I've read that complaint a few times.

I don't mind them myself - I think alot of people make thos kind of mistakes, now - and then. I'm sure briefings and mission summaries were handed out back in the day that werr full of spelling and gramatical errors..

words like "damm" etc..i.e "make sure you blow up that damn dam, dammitall"

necrobaron
04-10-2004, 09:49 PM
I completely agree. I hope PF has a improved presentation and immersion which FB doesn't quite have.

"Not all who wander are lost."