PDA

View Full Version : Unity is still horribly broken, I don't even know what the patches fixed

SillyRabbit03
12-29-2014, 05:57 AM
The framerate still drops, it still crashes, the game randomly freezes, and almost every multiplayer mission glitches for some reason or another. Really free dlc isn't enough because it's dlc for a broken game. They should give everyone a free game

Undertakecare
12-31-2014, 04:51 PM
Sounds like you're on PC. There is no such problems on XBox One. At least that's something they have done well.

EmptyCrustacean
12-31-2014, 04:54 PM
Sounds like you're on PC. There is no such problems on XBox One. At least that's something they have done well.

I'm on PS4 and I still experience problems. The only fix I've noticed is that the sync points notifiactions don't pop up as often.

Cover mechanic still broken, camera angles all over the place etc Just a mess. This game just needed more time. 'Patches' won't fix it.

SlyTrooper
12-31-2014, 05:20 PM
What do you mean "patches won't fix it"? The patches are them spending time fixing it. To say that means that the game is impossible to fix even if it had more time.

EmptyCrustacean
12-31-2014, 05:33 PM
What do you mean "patches won't fix it"? The patches are them spending time fixing it. To say that means that the game is impossible to fix even if it had more time.

Don't be pedantic. A patch, typically, is something that gets released within a couple of weeks within its anouncement. It is something that fixes stuff 'here and there' - largely the major complaints from those that purchased the game - hence its small time frame. What Unity requires, however, is a complete overhaul. That is, at least another 6 months to a year for it to be at an acceptable level in the technical area across the entire game. Patches will not do that and has NOT done that.

SlyTrooper
12-31-2014, 05:38 PM
They could release patches until the game is overhauled. They won't, though. Your complaint should be with their lack of care for products already released rather than just the fact that it was released to begin with.

EmptyCrustacean
12-31-2014, 06:13 PM
They could release patches until the game is overhauled. They won't, though. Your complaint should be with their lack of care for products already released rather than just the fact that it was released to begin with.

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word 'overhaul'. Overhaul means re-working something from the ground up. So they can't 'release patches until the game is overhauled'. For that reason my complaint should very well be with the fact that Ubisoft released a game that wasn't finished in the first place. It doesn't make sense for you to say my complaint should be with Ubisoft's 'lack of care for products already released' because the fact of the matter is they HAVE tried their best with the patches. But no amount of patching is going to fix the technical problems running concurrent throughout the game. Only a complete overhaul can do that.

SlyTrooper
12-31-2014, 06:32 PM
If you are using it in a literal sense, as you have clearly explained you are, then what you are looking for is a different game.

adventurewomen
12-31-2014, 06:34 PM
I've got an Xbox One and the frame rate still slows down amongst with other glitches I get even after I have installed all the patches.

EmptyCrustacean
12-31-2014, 06:41 PM
If you are using it in a literal sense, as you have clearly explained you are, then what you are looking for is a different game.

No, I'm looking for a FINISHED game.

Jackdaw951
12-31-2014, 07:12 PM
You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word 'overhaul'. Overhaul means re-working something from the ground up. So they can't 'release patches until the game is overhauled'. For that reason my complaint should very well be with the fact that Ubisoft released a game that wasn't finished in the first place. It doesn't make sense for you to say my complaint should be with Ubisoft's 'lack of care for products already released' because the fact of the matter is they HAVE tried their best with the patches. But no amount of patching is going to fix the technical problems running concurrent throughout the game. Only a complete overhaul can do that.

That's really not true. Patches integrate themselves into the code of the game, replacing dodgy parts with better code. There is no need to overhaul the whole product because the problems lie in specific areas. You don't rebuild a sports car from the ground up if the problems are a weak crankshaft and an undersized alternator. Besides, what you want will never happen. That would be like developing a new game, and I guarantee you they won't spend the time, manpower or money to do it.

JustPlainQuirky
12-31-2014, 07:25 PM
dont see the point of patching it

would just reveal to the world that the game sucks even when functional

EmptyCrustacean
12-31-2014, 07:35 PM
That's really not true. Patches integrate themselves into the code of the game, replacing dodgy parts with better code. There is no need to overhaul the whole product because the problems lie in specific areas. You don't rebuild a sports car from the ground up if the problems are a weak crankshaft and an undersized alternator.

The sports car analogy you've used doesn't work because in Unity's case it's not just the crankshaft and the alternator, it's the entire vehicle. In other words, the problems run rampant throughout the entire game, not just in specific areas. There is a reason why people are still complaining despite the patch releases - because patches do not focus on the *details* hat an actual finished game.

Besides, what you want will never happen. That would be like developing a new game, and I guarantee you they won't spend the time, manpower or money to do it.

At no point in this thread did I request an overhaul so you don't need to tell me that it will never happen. I said specifically that they should have made sure the game was finished and working properly BEFORE release, and explained that people will continue to be disappointed with the patches because they cannot fix the majority of the game's problems.