PDA

View Full Version : Can't progress in story mode past sequence 2 memory 1

MEPHIST0PH
12-28-2014, 08:55 PM
This may be blatantly obvious to some people - but for the life of me I cannot progress the story mode.

I just bought AC:U yesterday for XB1. I've played all of the major console versions since the game series started, so I'm familiar with the mechanics of the AC universe.

I've played the story through sequence 2 memory 1, which is having just broke out of the prison.

However, when I go to the location to start sequence 2 memory 2 it tells me that I need to upgrade skills, weapons or equipment in order to continue. There is no customization menu at this point. And all of the shops I've visited so far only have a few items, for which I'm maxed out on - smoke grenades, health bottles and the sparkler things. That's it. No other weapons. No armor. Nothing.

From what I've been able to determine those options are locked out until after sequence 2 memory 2 is completed.

But I need to have access to them to start that memory sequence.

See the problem?

Any solutions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

As of right now I've spent more time screwing around trying to find out how to continue to play the game, rather than actually playing the game.

Bad form Ubisoft. Bad form.

aL_____eX
12-28-2014, 08:57 PM
If your character stats are lower than the mission stars you're always told to upgrade your skills, but you don't have to. Just get closer and you will be able to accept the mission.

MEPHIST0PH
12-28-2014, 09:20 PM
If your character stats are lower than the mission stars you're always told to upgrade your skills, but you don't have to. Just get closer and you will be able to accept the mission.

Yes. That makes sense. But that part in the game is still locked. I cannot increase skills or even change what weapon I have.

I need to increase the skills of my character before I can acces the part of the game that unlocks my ability to increase the skills of my game.

There is no customize screen yet.

aL_____eX
12-28-2014, 09:25 PM
What I was saying is, when you stand in front of the ! icon that sshows the mission, you see a text saying something like 'Increase your stats...' right? If you now go closer to the mark, you should see the interface change and should still be able to accept the mission.

Like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM5F1IU2qS0

bitebug2003
12-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Missions marked with ! are never locked (at least not that I'm aware of)

But sometimes the prompt to start the mission won't appear (glitch)

Try restarting the game and continue.

MEPHIST0PH
12-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Ah thanks much. What a silly thing to get hung up on. For hours. Ugh.

aL_____eX
12-28-2014, 10:25 PM
It's kind of irritating at first. :p Have fun!

TheBrewerMoose
12-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Ah thanks much. What a silly thing to get hung up on. For hours. Ugh.

This post/reply has been very helpful as I've been in the same situation. The difference is I'm a noob as never having played AC before. When does customization get unlocked then? I've finished some side jobs with rewards but still walking around in same start gear. Have not gone on to sequence 2 memory 2 yet because it says I need to upgrade and every shop I go to does not have the option to customize.

Now that I have the answer to moving on to the next memory, can someone explain when customization DOES get unlocked? Thx!

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 01:19 PM
I don't know exactly at which point it's unlocked, but customization is not done via shops. Just got to the menu (OPTIONS button on PS4, START on X1) > character customization. You can change all of your gear there, buy abilities, choose your boosts etc.

PS: The upgrade info thing is misleading most of the time. Only because your gear is only 2 stars it doesn't mean you can't master a 3 star mission. They should have removed that pop up or made it more precise.

TheBrewerMoose
12-30-2014, 02:32 PM
My character customization option is blank when I go there. Is there a difference in availability for this option because I purchased the XB1 bundle and not the retail game?

I've looked for customization options in the map area as well as the system area and there's really nothing available.

As far as the shops go, I completed a mission and received some kind of vest armor. I go to the shop next to the jailer and there's no place to select and use it. The only option I have is to buy consumables...

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Like I said before, you can't customize your character in shops, the only place to customize is via menu > character customization. And there is no difference between the retail and digital versions.

EDIT: Yeah, just checked. It's a bit too early in the game. Customizations are available after finishing the next mission. So go on with Sequence 2 Memory 2 and you'll be introduced to it right after.

TheBrewerMoose
12-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the explanation and assisting aL_____eX, much appreciated!