PDA

View Full Version : Bomber gunners realistic?

FPerkin
08-26-2004, 10:52 AM
They are just TOO good. Can't get near them without getting shotup. Anyone else feel this way?

FPerkin
08-26-2004, 10:52 AM
They are just TOO good. Can't get near them without getting shotup. Anyone else feel this way?

BRASSTURTLE
08-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Stop making attacks from the 6 o'clock and you will live longer. Tail gunners are mystical, see in the dark snipers.

FPerkin
08-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Your right about that. I'ts funny how the AI aircraft can run right up their backsides without getting hit.

CHDT
08-26-2004, 12:07 PM
They look quite realistic when coming from six o'clock and it's a rather good thing for people flying bombers or attack aircraft online. The get so a somehow better chance of survavibility what is interesting for the gameplay of all the players, including the fighter pilots.

TC_Stele
08-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Yeah, avoid that tail gunner if possible. Human tail gunner online is quite deadly, btw (Just figured that out).

I flew the He-111 online and enabled level stabilizer to jump into the tail gunner. I had 3 planes on my tail. A mustang, 109, and one other. I was able to shoot all three down with very minimal damage. The problem they ran into was they all approached my tail and were way too close. Mustang lost its engine, the 109 caught fire going down and the third guy lost a wing.

There, now I gave everyone a tip on how to shoot me down online http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/10.gif

http://www.imgmag.net/images/izlude/sig.gif

horseback
08-26-2004, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FPerkin:
They are just TOO good. Can't get near them without getting shotup. Anyone else feel this way?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of COURSE we do! From my masterpiece "10 Commandments For AI", found here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=361105126

8. Woe unto ye, AI gunners! For thou hast all displayed marksmanship like unto that boasted by Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier, who didst slay bears, mountain lions and the odd raccoon from over 800m with but a single shot, of which his comrades did say, "Davy doth tell the Tall Tales yet again, but as long as he buyeth the beer, we care not."

Ye buyeth not a single sixpack for the PLAYER, and He tires of thine unrealistic bull droppings! He careth not for 'scale' or other such specious arguements for lo, it is written in the Chronicles of the Aces that aircraft gunners were mere mortals with limited gunnery skills even within 200 meters' range, wherefore multipassenger aircraft were Easy Meat, and eagerly sought after in preference to their more dangerous single seat brethren.

Therefore, thou shouldst never kill the PLAYER or disable his engine from greater than 300 meters, nor even from within that range more than one out of three times, and thy reaction to his entry into thine cone of fire should henceforth be measured in a more human seconds rather than nanoseconds.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

stubby
08-26-2004, 01:22 PM
The AI gunners are pretty unrealistic. They can fire through the fuselage and G's have no impact on their aim. Imagine being a cheek gunner while trying to lead a target but doing so while the plane is in a 50 degree bank turn! The only thing realistic about them is their ability to kill when you firing from the dead 6 position. The only way to compensate for their cheating ways to tune down their setting to 'rookie'.