PDA

View Full Version : Errors while installing

eclaron
12-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Hi,

About a week ago I bought Assassin's Creed 3 online and entered a code into Uplay.
It started by downloading the whole thing through ubisoft.
Once that was done I clicked 'install' and a wizard opened up to install the game.
The problem is that during installing I keep on getting these CRC errors saying the files don't match.
For instance: the file C:\Program Files (x86(\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed III\DataPC_DX11_AC3_BunkerHill.forge does not match the file in the .cab-file of setup.
I have no clue what to do now, I have tried installing about a zillion times but they just keep coming back.
How to solve this issue?

Maybe I have to delete the downloaded files, if only I know how.
Because it downloaded the files badly and now whenever I try to install it, it has these corrupted files it's using which of coarse don't work.
Is it possible to maybe remove the game from Uplay altogether and download again.
How do you remove a game from Uplay so that you can enter the code again.

Please help, I have been trying to solve it the entire week.

This is the first AC I have bought and it is not exactly the entry into the franchise I was hoping for/expecting..

Mr_Shade
12-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi, if you uninstall the game, it should be fetching a new copy of the game when you next download?

Once a code is used, it's linked to your UPlay - though that should not impact you downloading the files.

Please get in touch with our support team - they can help troubleshoot with you: www.support.ubi.com

eclaron
12-28-2014, 03:43 PM
I can't uninstall it yet because it never installed properly.
After so many CRC errors the install just crashes and shuts down.

YazX_
12-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Hello,

You dont need to remove the game from UPlay and either ways you cannot do that since its bound to your account as Mr_Shade said, what you can do is uninstall the game but since you are getting errors during installation then the setup will rollback automatically, the issue as i see it is you have corrupted downloaded files, you need to redownload the whole game setup files again and since you still have those files whenever you press download it skips the download process and start installing using those corrupted files, to be able to delete the files you have already downloaded.

1. Open UPlay settings (wheel icon next to minimize button).
2. Click on Download tab on the left.
3. Check "Installers save path location" path and Browse to that folder then delete its contents (backup those files first).
4. Go to UPlay, click on AC3 and then press the download button.

NOTE: for new games (most games released after AC3), files are downloaded without any installers (steam like), so they will be downloaded directlty to "Games Installation path".

eclaron
12-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Thank you very much for your clear, helpfull answer.

However, when I browse: Program files (x86) -> Ubisoft -> Ubisoft game launcher -> games
AC3 is not there.

THere is an AC3 folder, but that is located here: Program files (x86) -> Ubisoft
So I deleted it, and nothing happened, this turned out to be the file that is actually created when I attempt to install. Some files are made but then the install crashes and everything is deleted.
That means these aren't the files it is using to install, they must be located somewhere else.

I continued looking for the AC3 files, but basically I cannot find them if they even are there at all.

I'm not sure whether this is relevant but I also bought and correctly installed AC:U before I purchased AC3.
Could they be interfering? I'm quite a noob when considering computers and stuff so I do not know whether it is even slightly relevant.

YazX_
12-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Hello,

i think you are confusing the installation folder with the setup files folder, however, lets do a proper cleanup, but first i need you to post a screen shot for this screen:

UPlay Settings --> Downloads

And no ACU doesnt interfere with AC3, once you post the screenshot i will go into steps on how to do proper cleanup for AC3 and download it again.

eclaron
12-28-2014, 11:42 PM
http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah147/lajfdljadfljsaldf/UplaySettingDownloads_zps521bb9b1.png

I do hope this works, have never uploaded picture with URL like this before.

Once again, thank you so much for all your help so far.

YazX_
12-29-2014, 12:10 AM
OK now we are talking:

"Game Installer Cache Location" --> C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers

This is the one (Path) where all setup files are downloaded, think of it as setup files located on physical disc (DVD) when you buy a physical copy but here you download them from Ubisoft servers, now, once download is finished, UPlay will run setup.exe and install the game to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games

so first thing first:

I always recommend changing those per user preference, but if you prefer to keep them like this then there is no harm but you have to be aware of these folders since games take alot of space and the size of these folders will grow gradually whenever you download/install any game.

1. However, clean the installer files for AC3 by deleting the files inside this folder (Take a backup first by copying them to another drive):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\54

NOTE: 54 is the game ID for AC3, each game has an ID so when you download any game, the setup files will be downloaded inside the GameID folder which will be created when starting the download process, for new games AC4 and afterwards, no setup files are required, the game will be directly downloaded to the installation path.

2. Now, close UPlay and make sure its closed in Tray area.
3. Open registry by Start --> Run --> Regedit.
4. Navigate to this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft

make a backup for this key by right Click --> Export --> enter a name ---> save, then search for any AC3 entry (they will be named like this Assassin's Creed 3 or Assassin's Creed (R) III ) and delete it (make a backup of the key before deleting by right Click --> Export --> enter a name ---> save). note that you might not find any entries for AC3 since the game failed to install and the setup rolled back, but it worth a check.

5. Launch UPlay as admin.
6. Click on AC3 and press the download button.

tomas.kelner
12-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Hi eclaron, please let me know if you manage do install AC3. I have a same problem and I tryed everything and still no go. And I have same problems for AC Revelation.
I know my pc is fine. Almoust buyed new RAM and SSD, but after extensive testing I know my hardware is ok. I even tryed fresh windows installs ( Win 7 and Win 8.1 ).
I was really worryed thet my pc gone bad. But everything else works fine. Steam can download and install games whitout problems, same for origin. Dont have any problems with torrents and other downloaded files from internet. Just with uplay. You will read on internet, that it your HDD or RAM fault. It is not, dont spend your money. What I dont understand, in past I downloaded a play AC 3 from uplay whitout any problems. I never had problems with uplay. But now every download form uplay means crc errors. Thanks god I have most of my games in hard copy. But AC3 , far cry 3 and 4 are digital copy and I cant even install them :-(
I really dont want to pirate games, that I own, but I dont see any other options here. I wait what support will told me, have a ticket for like week ( I know it hollidays).
So eclaron you not the only one who has this problem, hope we will find solution.

eclaron
12-29-2014, 01:17 PM
I have no idea how you know how to do all this but thank you so very much.
For now I would like to say it worked. The game is downloading again!
This will take a long time though, my internet is not the quickest.

However, I will get back here once it is done to let you know whether it has fixed the CRC errors.

YazX_
12-29-2014, 01:55 PM
I have no idea how you know how to do all this but thank you so very much.
For now I would like to say it worked. The game is downloading again!
This will take a long time though, my internet is not the quickest.

However, I will get back here once it is done to let you know whether it has fixed the CRC errors.

You are welcome, hope it downloads fine this time :)

eclaron
12-30-2014, 11:29 AM
I'm sad to say that it has not fixed the CRC errors.
One thing that struck me was the size of the download, how big should the game be? This 'new' download was 15GB, I recall the first time I downloaded the game it was bigger.
Maybe not all files were in that '54' folder.

What other ways are there of fixing CRC errors in this game?

Secondly, I wondered whether re´nstalling Uplay may help. The CRC error reports the medium through which the download is conducted should be investigated. Would that help at all? If so, how to I uninstall Uplay, just go via windows and then programs?

tomas.kelner
12-31-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm sad to say that it has not fixed the CRC errors.
One thing that struck me was the size of the download, how big should the game be? This 'new' download was 15GB, I recall the first time I downloaded the game it was bigger.
Maybe not all files were in that '54' folder.

What other ways are there of fixing CRC errors in this game?

Secondly, I wondered whether re´nstalling Uplay may help. The CRC error reports the medium through which the download is conducted should be investigated. Would that help at all? If so, how to I uninstall Uplay, just go via windows and then programs?

Hi, I am sorry, it did not work for you. Yes you can try reinstalling uplay, but I doubt it will help. I try it on fresh windows install, and did not work. I really think, that files are allready corrupted on the server. Where you from? I am form Czech rep, maybe we downloading from same server.
I am allready donloaded AC3 like 6 times and alway get CRC errors. On 2 different PC.
Only thing that can help is little shady. Download pirate copy, install it, but dont crack it. Let it update and play it from Uplay. ( It is pirating if you buyed the game??? I dont know)
I dont want to play AC 3 now. Playing ACU, but at same point in 2015 I will replaying AC series, I hope it will work by that time.
Other than pirate way, I dont know what could help at this point. Maybe some one could uninstall there game (AC3) and try it downloaded and install again. so we know if its work for atleast someone and from witch region....

D4ve83
01-05-2015, 03:04 AM
Hi all,

You read what I wrote here for a similar problem with AC Brotherhood:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/979565-AC-BrotherHood-Install-Issue