PDA

View Full Version : To download patch 4 or not

IMRicko
12-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Currently my ACU is still on version 1.3.0 as I find it kind of stable (apart from stuttering). The one which actually makes it stable is the AMD Omega driver. Quite skeptical about downloading patch 4 as I've seen some people complaining about lower FPS compared to patch 3 and possible downgrade, but with patch 3 now I can't find anyone to play co-op with (not sure whether this is affected by the newer patch or just my connection issues). Any suggestion?

robert_w88
12-28-2014, 01:05 PM
How can you tell what version of Unity you have?

Happyrooster.
12-28-2014, 01:25 PM

When you enter the game, bottom right corner. I think it's there.

IMRicko
12-28-2014, 02:02 PM

Right bottom corner of the main screen

KmarkoPL
12-28-2014, 07:19 PM
The reason why you can't find anyone for co-op is, cos you need to be online playing game .
And with the 1.3 version, you are been forced to be offline until you update the game.

About the patch it self , for me is working ok but with one big issue , getting regular crash to desktop , ACU.exe has stopped working

IMRicko
12-28-2014, 08:21 PM
The reason why you can't find anyone for co-op is, cos you need to be online playing game .
And with the 1.3 version, you are been forced to be offline until you update the game.

About the patch it self , for me is working ok but with one big issue , getting regular crash to desktop , ACU.exe has stopped working

Nope, I'm online with v1.3 as I can unlock Initiates chests. I start my game from RadeonPro so it takes me straight to the game without looking for updates on Uplay. If I exit the game, I have to close Uplay and do the radeonpro method all over again so the game won't be looking for v1.4 update. Maybe something to do with NAT issue

KmarkoPL
12-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Still the issue might be cos you on 1.3 ,any others have 1.4 and you version is not fully compatible .

porto412
12-28-2014, 09:16 PM
With Patch 4 I had very regular FPS drops and what concerned me the most was that between a cutscene and gameplay, the fps drops to 5-10fps, stays there for a while and gradually and slowly climbs up to around 35

With Patch 3 my fps keeps between 45-60 and there is no micro stutter or fps drops between cutscene and gameplay.
What I do have with patch 3 is freeze for some 10 seconds once in the 15 minutes, that's quite annoying but the game continues after as if nothing had happened... quite strange.

I use the 14.12 AMD Omega driver.

YazX_
12-29-2014, 12:45 AM
Well the best thing to do is to backup 1.03 game files and download patch 1.04, so you can rollback if you encountered any problem, you need to backup:

DataPC.forge
ACU.exe
DataPC_ACU_Paris.forge
DataPC_ACU_Versailles.forge
DataPC_10_dlc.forge

USAdystopia
12-29-2014, 04:51 AM
Currently my ACU is still on version 1.3.0 as I find it kind of stable (apart from stuttering). The one which actually makes it stable is the AMD Omega driver. Quite skeptical about downloading patch 4 as I've seen some people complaining about lower FPS compared to patch 3 and possible downgrade, but with patch 3 now I can't find anyone to play co-op with (not sure whether this is affected by the newer patch or just my connection issues). Any suggestion?

Yup...download the patch and don't let other opinions which have N O T H I N G to do with YOUR PC, make you tentative in making decisions.