PDA

View Full Version : does weapon stats TRULY matter in Unity?

softgunforever
12-27-2014, 11:31 PM
i remember in Black Flag and Brotherhood (the only Assassin games i own aside from Unity) weapon stats matters so little, i would just use what i thought looked the coolest. does weapon stats really matter in Unity? there are so many weapons in the game that i want to use, but feel i can't because the stats are too low compared to the gear i own. an example would be, i own the Heavy Falchion (five gold stars weapon) but i want to use my armor splitter axe (three star weapon) because it looks awesome, but would that make me too weak or does it even matter? does my gear stats make up for any lost stats with weapons?

Shahkulu101
12-27-2014, 11:39 PM
You will be handicapped slightly but 3 star weapons should be fine. There's definitely a considerable difference between high stat and low/medium stat weapons but legendary weapons are OP anyway. If you want to balance the difficulty I actually recommend a 3 star weapon.

softgunforever
12-27-2014, 11:54 PM
You will be handicapped slightly but 3 star weapons should be fine. There's definitely a considerable difference between high stat and low/medium stat weapons but legendary weapons are OP anyway. If you want to balance the difficulty I actually recommend a 3 star weapon.

alright. all my other gear is legendary status, so the handicap will probably not be noticeable

Shahkulu101
12-27-2014, 11:56 PM
alright. all my other gear is legendary status, so the handicap will probably not be noticeable

Yeah, enemies will take longer to kill but if you have a ton of health it won't matter much.

wvstolzing
12-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Speaking of OP weapons --

it's not possible to use the 'magical' properties of the 'Sword of Eden', right? Once the story missions are over, and Arno gets hold of it, it's nothing more than a glowy Cinquieda, basically. -- and unless I'm missing something, we don't know anything about what he thinks/feels/believes about this 'artifact'; he just picks it up, straps it to his side, and that's it.

Hrafnagud72
12-29-2014, 05:33 PM

it's not possible to use the 'magical' properties of the 'Sword of Eden', right? Once the story missions are over, and Arno gets hold of it, it's nothing more than a glowy Cinquieda, basically. -- and unless I'm missing something, we don't know anything about what he thinks/feels/believes about this 'artifact'; he just picks it up, straps it to his side, and that's it.

Pretty much.

Hans684
12-29-2014, 07:32 PM

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Swords_of_Eden

In 1794, during the French Revolution, the Sword hidden in the Parisian Temple was acquired by the François-Thomas Germain, the self-proclaimed Grand Master of an extremist faction within the Templar Order. Germain used the Sword during his fight with Arno Dorian and Élise de la Serre. The Sword was damaged in the confrontation, shattering and emitting a shockwave which killed Élise and mortally wounded Germain himself. Following the event, the Sword ended up in Arno's possession, albeit stripped of its former power.

wvstolzing
12-29-2014, 11:08 PM
Is the 'damage' a fan extrapolation, or was there any in-game indication for it? This sounds like an after-the-fact rationalization for something the game didn't bother to address. In any case, the frustrating thing about the sword is that -- just like that unlockable Desmond reference -- it was hardly anything more than an easter egg. If Arno walked up to the sword, and said, literally, verbatim, 'that's sick, dude', that would've been preferable.

m4r-k7
12-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Damage of the weapon does make killing tons easier. If you have a 5 star weapon you will basically dominate everyone like you do in previous AC games. I tend to keep to a 3 - 4 star weapon to give combat more of a tense and challenging feel

Altair1789
12-30-2014, 10:47 PM
I think parry is the most important stat. Aside from damage, obviously, but I think one of the most impactful things in the game is a powerful weapon. Which is why I run around with a French cavalry saber ;)