PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4 Goddammit

small2assassins
12-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Whatever patch 4 did I cannot see any results.
I got a way under powered system, I am aware of that. And I frequently run into bottlenecks in games. But AC Unity is just plain not willing to run on my machine.
I got a GTX 650 1 GB, Overclocked by 33%. But Goddammit I've played every other game on the market right now with satisfactory performance. I game at 1440x900 and not super ultra high res which may eat up all the VRAM. I ran far cry 4 at around 30-40 fps high - ultra settings.
I an not a noob. I know my way around computers. I know what a bottleneck looks like. But this game is something I don't understand. CPU usage sits at 40-60%, GPU usage sits at 20-40%. I get 10 fps. And I monitor all the stuff using MSI Afterburner and no I absolutely do not run out of VRAM. At Ultra High settings I get 1000 MBs used up of the VRAM. And that's another thing. No matter what resolution, or setting I change, I can exactly the same fps. No matter what I do, it doesn't change at all.
Now I'm gaming on a super low budget system, I don't have unreal expectations either. I don't want 25 million fps to deem a game playable. 30 fps is absolutely fine for me. And I get 30 fps in certain areas in this game. When I am roaming anywhere in the plain fields with only people and animals, and a couple of buildings, my CPU goes up to 90-100% and GPU is pinned at 99% and I get a solid 25-30 fps. But as soon as I come near the city areas with big buildings and stuff, everything goes back down and it becomes laggy as hell.
At this point I'm out of ideas, I've tried everything. I wanted to play this game but it seems like I might have to borrow NASA's computers to play it. The patches seemed useless as anything else.
So please if someone has any ideas or solutions, I'm very willing to try. Help me!!!!

P.S. **** you ubisoft

vain.hiel.
12-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Whatever patch 4 did I cannot see any results.
I got a way under powered system, I am aware of that. And I frequently run into bottlenecks in games. But AC Unity is just plain not willing to run on my machine.
I got a GTX 650 1 GB, Overclocked by 33%. But Goddammit I've played every other game on the market right now with satisfactory performance. I game at 1440x900 and not super ultra high res which may eat up all the VRAM. I ran far cry 4 at around 30-40 fps high - ultra settings.
I an not a noob. I know my way around computers. I know what a bottleneck looks like. But this game is something I don't understand. CPU usage sits at 40-60%, GPU usage sits at 20-40%. I get 10 fps. And I monitor all the stuff using MSI Afterburner and no I absolutely do not run out of VRAM. At Ultra High settings I get 1000 MBs used up of the VRAM. And that's another thing. No matter what resolution, or setting I change, I can exactly the same fps. No matter what I do, it doesn't change at all.
Now I'm gaming on a super low budget system, I don't have unreal expectations either. I don't want 25 million fps to deem a game playable. 30 fps is absolutely fine for me. And I get 30 fps in certain areas in this game. When I am roaming anywhere in the plain fields with only people and animals, and a couple of buildings, my CPU goes up to 90-100% and GPU is pinned at 99% and I get a solid 25-30 fps. But as soon as I come near the city areas with big buildings and stuff, everything goes back down and it becomes laggy as hell.
At this point I'm out of ideas, I've tried everything. I wanted to play this game but it seems like I might have to borrow NASA's computers to play it. The patches seemed useless as anything else.
So please if someone has any ideas or solutions, I'm very willing to try. Help me!!!!

P.S. **** you ubisoft

nothing much could help u out since its clearly beyond minimum requirements. don't compare with other games when their requirement are not as high. far cry 4 minimum gpu is only GTX460. Thing with Unity is that the minimum requirement are as of today more towards high end itself.

Dankeepsie
12-27-2014, 11:04 PM
I don't understand people complaining when they don't have the specified Minimum Requirements and expect to play everything on high resolution with higher settings.

You have a few options:

1) Get a job and buy a better CPU/GPU.
2) Run the game on lower resolution and settings
3) Die trying to run it on your ****ty rig

You're welcome.

jeffies04
12-27-2014, 11:20 PM
You have a 1GB card... This game uses all of my 4GB on Ultra. If you even divide that by half for lower settings it's still way over what you have.

You just can't compare apples to oranges. Different engines different everything.

Sorry you're having trouble, but only a hardware upgrade is going to get you the results you're after. Go ahead and blame Ubisoft if you want, but really it's your own problem.

USAdystopia
12-28-2014, 05:12 AM
Hmmmm...bringing God into a game rage...why??