PDA

View Full Version : Reinstate the right to sue please.

Mo0rk
12-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Ubisoft you're a dispicable excuse for a company owned and run presumably by human beings.

You screwed us over by releasing a heap of utter crap, failed to apply the promised fixes in the patches released, and then remove our right to sue by accepting your free game offer. You are a disgrace. You owe us that game free of any such legal garbage. You have no right to do this to us in my opinion. You've stolen from us, your loyal customers, and then you try to screw us over with this.

I am demanding that you give me my game without any such strings. If you do not I will sue you anyway. And that's a promise!

playlisting
12-27-2014, 06:41 PM
If you do not I will sue you anyway.

Now I'm no lawyer, but by the sounds of it you've already accepted Ubisoft's free game. And in doing so you agreed to be bound by the terms & conditions. In said terms & conditions it mentioned something along the lines of you'll not be able to take Ubisoft to court due to the state of ACU at release. Now, I may be wrong, but once you clicked accept, you accepted. There's no turning back on that decision so you won't be able to do anything about it now. Any attempt to sue Ubi by you will be shrugged off since you've already accepted the terms & conditions.

If anyone one a bit more legal-savvy would care to correct me I'd be grateful, as I really don't know much about things such as this.

jeffies04
12-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Considering you also agreed that the agreement was irrevocable I doubt this would happen.

Take a few moments and ask yourself if a $60-100 game is really worth the hundreds/thousands you'd spend on a lawsuit.

Mo0rk
12-27-2014, 06:51 PM
Now I'm no lawyer, but by the sounds of it you've already accepted Ubisoft's free game. And in doing so you agreed to be bound by the terms & conditions. In said terms & conditions it mentioned something along the lines of you'll not be able to take Ubisoft to court due to the state of ACU at release. Now, I may be wrong, but once you clicked accept, you accepted. There's no turning back on that decision so you won't be able to do anything about it now. Any attempt to sue Ubi by you will be shrugged off since you've already accepted the terms & conditions.

If anyone one a bit more legal-savvy would care to correct me I'd be grateful, as I really don't know much about things such as this.

Nope, wrong, I haven't accepted their free game. And I won't until they reinstate my rights.

The truth is, they offered the free game before the release of patch 4 which was supposed to fix the game to an acceptable level and didn't. Those who accepted them at their word have now been stung, and cannot sue them. This so called gift is, in actuality, an attempt protect the wealth of the morally bankrupt directors in charge of ubisoft. And like I've said, I fully intend to exercise my right to sue.

You see, I've been a customer of Ubi's for many years now, and I've heard their lies before. I'm wise to it. Which is why I have not yet accepted their free "bribe".

I posted this poll, really as a petition to see how many people agree with me. I don't know why some of you people insist on protecting such awful people. You should realize that they will let you defend them and still screw you over like the rest of us. It won't earn you anything.

jeffies04
12-27-2014, 06:58 PM
No, no. I'm not protecting anyone. People love to run around saying they want to sue over something like a video game without anyone having a reality-based idea of what it actually costs.

Did you know in the US it costs no less than $1000 just to depose a witness? To sit down and take their sworn testimony to be used in court is over $1000. That's one witness. How many witnesses will you need to tip the scales in your favor? That's just one example of an expense that's over 10 times the cost of the product alone.

What if you lose your case? Are you prepared to pay for Ubisoft's court and attorney costs?

If you can get a law group to take on a class action case, and get enough people to participate (TV ads, e-mailers, etc.), then you might have something. They have to be willing to take your case first, and lots of people have to be willing to sign up.

Mo0rk
12-27-2014, 07:01 PM
So what you are saying is, the clause doesn't matter because it's just not practical to sue them.... Hmm, well, I guess that makes sense. I still don't like the sentiment. It leaves a VERY bitter taste in the mouth.

jeffies04
12-27-2014, 07:05 PM
So what you are saying is, the clause doesn't matter because it's just not practical to sue them.... Hmm, well, I guess that makes sense. I still don't like the sentiment. It leaves a VERY bitter taste in the mouth.

I know. It really sucks that we're to a point in the progress that some people aren't having problems, but some still are. I'm hoping they're able to roll out more patches for folks.

Honestly, the best thing we can probably do is for each person to keep up the pressure with them. Communicate all the bugs and glitches still in your game and not let them put Unity to bed yet.