PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Shorten the Club Competition's Duration to 2 days

ExtinctSquirrel
12-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Hello everyone;

Most of you that browse the forums and everyone that's active in the game itself have already found out that the Club Competition (Henceforth to be referred to as 'CC') is in full blast and many are battling to achieve #1 in the leaderboards to win the very first CC rewards, perfect!

However, I want to put up something for discussion.
As of today, 27th of december (Happy late-holidays) there are 17 locked Legendary Items that can only be unlocked by playing the CC..
Each round of the CC seems to last for 7 days. Giving everyone loads of time to catch up or get a huge head start.
However.. For many of us, including myself, who have already completed the game, found all chests, done all enigma's, done the Companion App's rewards.. etc.. basically completed the game 7 days is a very long time waiting and merely grinding the same Co-Op and heist over and over to achieve points in order to gain 1 Legendary Item per week.

Every time you win a CC round you advance a tier, so you get pitted against tougher clubs for some stiffer competition.
If and I say if you manage to win consequetively week after week you'd have to win 17 weeks in a row to unlock every locked Legendary Item.
17 Weeks... a little over 4 months.. 4 months for a game you have probably already played to death and 100%'d.

So, TL;DR and the main point:
think we can agree that the competitive side of it is awesome, however the length of each round is just too long.
I'd suggest making the length of each round last 2 days.
This way the disappointment of losing (due to lack of time perhaps) won't be too big and you get another shot almost right away.

I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about this.

Altair1789
12-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I'd have loved 2 day club competition. Right now my club is at 7 million creed points barely keeping ahead of 6.8 million 2nd place team. My eyesight is much worse now than it was before club competition, I'll be so sad if we get some crappy belt or bracers :( 2 day club competition would be so nice because if you don't get what you want, the next round will be over in a couple days.

I'm hoping for Prowler chest or Napoleonic hood

ExtinctSquirrel
12-28-2014, 12:22 AM
We're a small club, 4 players where 2 are actually active.
We're currently residing at 400k points where the 2nd is at 7k so we stopped hunting for them.

I'm hoping for the entire Sans-Culottes set.

Altair1789
12-28-2014, 06:19 AM
Finishing with almost 9 million, we got a Sans Cullotes chest. How are we supposed to unlock all of the legendary items if we spend a whole week grinding for each one?

kdnl29_8
12-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Please 2 day competition is so much better than the torture that I just put myself through last week. I'm in a small club of 2 members and earned all 215k by myself and lost in the last 5 hours, because I finally had to sleep. I had held first place all week bar an hour or so midweek. I wasn't even informed I came second.

Plus it would be better if you do win you can choose the item you want, I'm after the Prowler, Military and Napoleonic but most likely the competitions if I win would be Medieval and Sans-culottes.

ForbiddenJobu
12-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Wow, my brotherhood must've lucked out - we won with 268k - second was about 100k behind. I can't imagine 40-50 people grinding out millions of points over the course of a week...

Anyway, I agree with the OP. If you're going to lock 16 or 17 pieces of equipment behind Club Competitions, make the competitions much shorter.

Either that, or allow winners to choose the piece they want to unlock. If allowing people to choose isn't something technically feasible, how about at least letting us know at the start of each competition which piece is going to be unlocked - at least then, people could choose to ignore the weeks that unlock items they're not interested in.

johnsmith145
12-28-2014, 12:50 PM
allow winners to choose the piece they want to unlock. If allowing people to choose isn't something technically feasible, how about at least letting us know at the start of each competition which piece is going to be unlocked - at least then, people could choose to ignore the weeks that unlock items they're not interested in.

Yes.

Or they could just realise their mistake trying to turn AC into a ****ty WoW clone and just unlock all the items from the start. Hoping for a new game designer on ACV.

RADAR__4077
12-28-2014, 08:15 PM
I would like to either choose my reward, or even better just unlock a full set of gear plus a weapon every week.
One little random item every week is ridiculous. I'll be furious if I end up missing one of the items I've been waiting for and having to wait 4 months to try again.
Another thing they could do is allow the people who didn't win to buy the items since first place gets it free and there is still the pointless price tag.

My_Treehawk
12-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Even if they gave 2 pieces to Silver Division wins and 3 pieces to Gold Division wins it would speed it up for those of us that are actively participating. I'd take that option if they could not reduce it to something less than 7 days.

And they did tell us what item would be unlocked, it popped up as a message on the screen the day the competition started or when you first logged in after it had begun.

ExtinctSquirrel
12-28-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm seeing a lot of support for the length reduction down to 2 days.
I'm glad to see others posting other solutions to the 'problem' aswell, just goes to show that the community can pitch in a valid idea or two.

I, myself, can get behind the idea of having 'unlock tokens' which you gain by winning CC rounds and you can claim 1 locked item per token, this way we can unlock the specific combo of items we want.. on the other hand, I'm a bit of a completionist and would like to unlock everything there is.. so there's that too..

Would like to hear from others aswell.

Altair1789
12-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Can we get this to Ubisoft somehow? I really like the token idea

RADAR__4077
12-29-2014, 04:47 AM
Can we get this to Ubisoft somehow? I really like the token idea
Ubisoft already reads this stuff. They only respond to compliments. They just ignore anything that would involve extra work or admitting they don't always have the best ideas.

Rafe Harwood
12-29-2014, 05:38 AM
Far more important than duration is the way it's handled. These need to be automated, not a manual thing.

Take a look at history repeating with the community challenges for ACIV:BF and the thread that is still hitting the front page of this forum.

This MUST be automated on a rolling schedule.

ExtinctSquirrel
12-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Radar is correct about Ubisoft forum mods already reading all the posts, they'll have to in order to make sure everybody follows forum rules, quite standard.
However, I don't fully agree on your statement regarding them only responding to compliments, they're smarter than that.

@Rafe, I'm not aware of the entire system regarding the CC's whether it's automated or manual.. but I take it you're worried about delay between each round, I can understand that and am kind of afraid for it myself.
Anyone else have more information regarding this system or perhaps any thoughts on the recent reward? (Sans-Culottes Coat)

Rafe Harwood
12-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Radar is correct about Ubisoft forum mods already reading all the posts, they'll have to in order to make sure everybody follows forum rules, quite standard.
However, I don't fully agree on your statement regarding them only responding to compliments, they're smarter than that.

@Rafe, I'm not aware of the entire system regarding the CC's whether it's automated or manual.. but I take it you're worried about delay between each round, I can understand that and am kind of afraid for it myself.
Anyone else have more information regarding this system or perhaps any thoughts on the recent reward? (Sans-Culottes Coat)

Not quite. I'm not worried about duration. I'm worried about it being dropped the same way they have dropped ACIV.

Only a year out of the gate and already the community stuff (that some are only just getting the game now), being stopped.

I don't remember when the last round was, but it was less than 12 months.

I can see the future now. In 12 months time, if this is not automated, it will be dropped, so noone will be able to access it after that as is currently happening with ACIV.

ExtinctSquirrel
12-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Ah, yes that was indeed a pain in the butt when I found that out..
Prior to Unity's release I did a 100% playthrough of all previous AC games (with exception of Multiplayer) so I did read that they were discontinued.
However, since it didn't really lock any important gear/missions away I couldn't be bothered by it all too much.

Now with Unity's it's a whole different story, a huge selling point of the game was it's Co-Op and the possibility to change your assassin to suit your playstyle, now that they've locked away a lot of items that are required to do this it's bothersome to everyone.

Thoughts?