PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity is a GIANT Disappointment (Coming from a dedicated AC Fan)

burton10x
12-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Dear Ubisoft,

I love the environment and climbing is great but I have to say I'm incredibly disappointed with this game. I am a long time AC fan; I've played through every single of the AC games. Just so many things were changed or left out that just didn't need to be! Here are the reasons:

Combat:
-You had it right in Brotherhood...Why did you change it? No disarm, no throwing knives, weak counters (Parry..really? :'( )
-90% of the time when in narrow areas or anywhere near a wall of some sort, I cant see the flashing yellow above the enemys' heads in order to parry! No chance to even parry... and when I do I just get shot from no where and killed.

Weapons:
-Cant carry multiple weapons? Have to press start to get to heavy and all other weapons in customization? What happen to the quick wheel?
-Cant pick up weapons off the ground and kill with them? I remember when we could pick a broom up and use it in combat for christ's sake! I mean come on.

Outfits:
-Probably what pissed me off the most! CAN NOT BELIEVE you would make players figure out undecipherable riddles for hours in order to unlock legacy armor that does not have ANY stat boosts.......honestly? Just for appearance? Most depressing thing I've ever encountered in a video game. And it really doesn't even look that cool. The armor is something my friends would talk about after Christmas when would we get the game..wouldn't even have wasted my time if I knew it didn't do anything whatsoever. Ridiculous. Woulda just replayed the free Darksiders game that Xbox gave out the other month.
-And if you make it that boring and tedious to unlock a useless legendary armor again I don't even want to play (its just one of my favorite parts to AC and you blew it)

Map:
-Map was cool despite the fact I fell through it like 3 times in the first hour.
-You can do some absolutely outrageous long jumps in this game which actually is nice but still little too outrageous.

Stealth:
-I get spotted in a second when on high up roofs by guards on the ground...they arn't even looking at me. Lol annoying as ****

I really hate to bag on you Ubisoft because I think AC is one of the most ingenious games out there but my god are you trying to piss fans off? Please improve the next one or you'll lose a dedicated fan that puts $60 in your wallet ever damn year (yeah yeah I know you're rich and it doesn't matter but I hope more follow if you continue this downward spiral).. I already know some friends that didn't bother buying this one after trying it out.

Altair1789
12-27-2014, 08:58 AM
First of all, throwing knives were awesome, but that's opinion. Second of all, nothing about the story?

Zafar1981
12-27-2014, 08:59 AM
To be honest I play AC game due to history. Ever since Patrice has announced his project( historical action survivor) I am done with AC. Now just only waiting for his game.

JustPlainQuirky
12-27-2014, 09:05 AM
AC Unity is a GIANT Disappointment (Coming from a dedicated AC Fan)

Join the club, m8

burton10x
12-27-2014, 09:09 AM
First of all, throwing knives were awesome, but that's opinion. Second of all, nothing about the story?

Ah I miss the throwing knives man. And the story itself..ending not so good, but the story started going downhill a couple AC's ago lol but I still really appreciate it. I'm neutral which is why I didn't really wanna mention it.

JustPlainQuirky
12-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Story was abysmal.

Aphex_Tim
12-27-2014, 09:45 AM
I think the Story was abysmal.

Hans684
12-27-2014, 12:26 PM
The story is a waste.

auditorevita
01-23-2015, 07:26 PM
I also think story of unity is improvised.
UBI, please remake story of UNITY with long time.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-23-2015, 07:44 PM
The combat was spot on,no OP stuff,it was actually hard in the beginning.Yes i agree on you about no multiple weapons and the no picking weapons up from ground style.Hope they make this so in Victory.About the riddles,most of the time you had to check landmark databases to get clues on the riddles.I guess the outfit was for those who couldn't get atlair's due to the companion app(My moto g can't handle it :( )

Perk89
01-23-2015, 07:49 PM
I think most everyone here agrees with most of what you said.

The story and the stealth system stick out to me as the worst parts, but the neutered combat is pretty bad too. So much diversity (weapons/techniques/animations/etc) was pulled out for the sake of making it more "difficult" rather than spending more time bettering the enemy AI.

auditorevita
01-23-2015, 08:06 PM
we not needed better enemy AI.
UBI be understand this fact.

Jackdaw951
01-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

I love the environment and climbing is great but I have to say I'm incredibly disappointed with this game. I am a long time AC fan; I've played through every single of the AC games. Just so many things were changed or left out that just didn't need to be! Here are the reasons:

Combat:
-You had it right in Brotherhood...Why did you change it? No disarm, no throwing knives, weak counters (Parry..really? :'( )
-90% of the time when in narrow areas or anywhere near a wall of some sort, I cant see the flashing yellow above the enemys' heads in order to parry! No chance to even parry... and when I do I just get shot from no where and killed.

Weapons:
-Cant carry multiple weapons? Have to press start to get to heavy and all other weapons in customization? What happen to the quick wheel?
-Cant pick up weapons off the ground and kill with them? I remember when we could pick a broom up and use it in combat for christ's sake! I mean come on.

Outfits:
-Probably what pissed me off the most! CAN NOT BELIEVE you would make players figure out undecipherable riddles for hours in order to unlock legacy armor that does not have ANY stat boosts.......honestly? Just for appearance? Most depressing thing I've ever encountered in a video game. And it really doesn't even look that cool. The armor is something my friends would talk about after Christmas when would we get the game..wouldn't even have wasted my time if I knew it didn't do anything whatsoever. Ridiculous. Woulda just replayed the free Darksiders game that Xbox gave out the other month.
-And if you make it that boring and tedious to unlock a useless legendary armor again I don't even want to play (its just one of my favorite parts to AC and you blew it)

Map:
-Map was cool despite the fact I fell through it like 3 times in the first hour.
-You can do some absolutely outrageous long jumps in this game which actually is nice but still little too outrageous.

Stealth:
-I get spotted in a second when on high up roofs by guards on the ground...they arn't even looking at me. Lol annoying as ****

I really hate to bag on you Ubisoft because I think AC is one of the most ingenious games out there but my god are you trying to piss fans off? Please improve the next one or you'll lose a dedicated fan that puts $60 in your wallet ever damn year (yeah yeah I know you're rich and it doesn't matter but I hope more follow if you continue this downward spiral).. I already know some friends that didn't bother buying this one after trying it out.

Combat/Weapons: Much to choose from, and instead of throwing knives, you have wrist-fired blades--two kinds. Then there are several kinds of aimable bombs, and of course the firearms. Parries work, but not always, which is more realistic I think. It's different and more challenging, not inferior. Picking up enemy weapons--honestly, was that ever a very useful thing in previous games? You couldn't even climb up over a barrel without dropping it.

Outfits: Other than the locked stuff that shouldn't be, I don't understand any complaints about them. They are wildly diverse, and you can wear a cosmetic outfit over a stat-affecting one, so you get the best of both (usefulness and looks). Nothing else to say.

Map: Love the 3D, zoom, rotation and perspective tilt. Things make a lot more sense with a bit of moving study. Filters could be better, but are not too terrible. I've fallen several times out of the world too. A quick Pause and fast travel cures that in a bit of loading time. Happens much less often now, since the patches. It hasn't happened to me once in weeks.

Stealth: Part of the RPG nature of Unity. It's a property to be developed and augmented. In my current configuration, I can sometimes walk right next to a pair of guards without being spotted. Disguise makes this 100% doable every time, but I meant even without disguise, I am much harder to spot now than when I started playing the game. Also, if someone is standing on the near side of a slanted roof, they stick out like a sore thumb, don't they? They are way easy for someone across the street to see. Just because older games had blind guards doesn't mean that stealth in Unity is broken. The one issue is the hive mind. If one guard detects you, all nearby guards instantly know it. I think this is why people think they are being seen through walls. No, one of them saw you, one you didn't see, perhaps behind you, or far to one side. The guard you did see is the one you noticed detecting you, but he wasn't the trigger for the detection.

Namikaze_17
01-23-2015, 09:19 PM
Combat: -You had it right in Brotherhood...

http://media.giphy.com/media/Ne7aenG4oM1Py/giphy.gif

JustPlainQuirky
01-23-2015, 09:34 PM

Obviously.

That's how opinions tend to work.

Megas_Doux
01-23-2015, 09:38 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/Ne7aenG4oM1Py/giphy.gif

Indeed....

Sadly enough, the majority of AC fans are/were accustomed to that 5 years old "difficulty". Being this invincible force of nature able to go through dozens of enemies at the same with the MINIMAL effort - key concept in my opinion- from the very beginning of the game. And not only that, but also carry 73484708472420840 weapons and 9483049823094820948204 units of ammo.

*Minimal effort indeed, that majority of AC fans are lazy as hell.

JustPlainQuirky
01-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Unity has the best land gameplay of all AC I would say.

That being said it fails in pretty much all other aspects IMO.

But I'll give credit where credit is due.

bitebug2003
01-23-2015, 09:57 PM
The item/weapon cross bar was a nightmare to use (preferred the independent weapon/item wheels).

If you accidentally selected the Stun bombs instead of the Smoke bombs - you couldn't go back one space by pressing left on the d-pad because then the cursor would jump to the blades/gun section.