PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen of Death after some annoying freezes in ACU. Help!

danielvsa
12-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Hello. When I play the game, it freezes sometimes for 5-10 seconds until return. After some freezes (2 or 3), my system crashes, appearing a Blue Screen of Death. I don't know why it is happening. My PC have installed some heavy games, like Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Watch_Dogs, and this never happened. All my drivers are updated.

My configs:
Windows 7 64bits SP1;
Intel Core i5 4570 3.20 GHz;
EVGA GTX 670 2GB Signature 2, with the last 347,09 Nvidia's drivers;
8GB RAM;
Motherboard Gigabyte B85M-D3H;
Power Supply Corsair GS600.

Thanks for the help!

danielvsa
12-28-2014, 05:47 AM
Any ideas?

YazX_
12-28-2014, 11:54 AM
BSOD is caused either by driver failure or hardware failure, so the first step is to analyze the crash dump created by windows, you will find it in C:\windows\minidump\ folder, to be able to open and analyze this crash dump, you need to download windbg and now its part of Windows Debugging Tools available from microsoft (scroll to the part about windows 7 SDK):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551063%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

However, when you open windbg, you need to set symbols path (get it from google) and then open crash dump and type !analyze -v, if you think this is too much and not interested in the whole debugging thing, then first thing to do is rollback the video card driver (download earlier version on do clean install) since its the primary cause of failure in this case, if you got BSOD even after rolling back, then i advice you to start testing your hardware, first test your RAM by using memTest86+ and create bootable USB drive and let it complete 3-4 passes (need around an hour) and see if there is an error, if so then you have a bad ram stick, otherwise proceed to test your GPU, you can use MSI Kombustor to do so.