PDA

View Full Version : Is initiates down for anyone else? (PS4)

EmptyCrustacean
12-26-2014, 07:16 PM
I haven't been able to access it for a few days now...

rrebe
12-26-2014, 07:18 PM
check this http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/981770-AC-Initiates-Status-Read-the-first-post

EmptyCrustacean
12-26-2014, 07:23 PM
check this http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/981770-AC-Initiates-Status-Read-the-first-post

Thanks. What about the heist and rift missions? I cannot access that either.

GunnerGalactico
12-26-2014, 07:26 PM
I wasn't able to access Initiates to begin with, maybe they are trying to sort out the problem.

rrebe
12-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Thanks. What about the heist and rift missions? I cannot access that either.

I have no idea, could be because PSN is offline at the moment (if those missions require connection to Internet/PSN)?

EmptyCrustacean
12-26-2014, 07:32 PM
I have no idea, could be because PSN is offline at the moment (if those missions require connection to Internet/PSN)?

i know Sony is experiencing some hacking scandal with their Playstation right now so that may be affecting co-op but the Helix Rift doesn't require online access, I think.

bitebug2003
12-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Due to the PSN/Live servers being offline

Companion app cannot be synced
Online play isn't possible -- but you can play heists and co-op missions on your own though through the progress tracker

EmptyCrustacean
12-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Due to the PSN/Live servers being offline

Companion app cannot be synced
Online play isn't possible -- but you can play heists and co-op missions on your own though through the progress tracker

What about rifts? I can't access the Belle Epoque missions any more.

Rafe Harwood
12-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Don't forget the most important aspect....

ALL gold/initiates chest requirements have been removed for the holiday period.

You can open any and all initiates chests.

bitebug2003
12-26-2014, 07:53 PM
What about rifts? I can't access the Belle Epoque missions any more.

That's odd - Those are offline missions

I just entered one - seems to be working (does the prompt to play pop up)?

This happened to me yesterday on a Paris story mission when the menu to play the mission wouldn't pop up -- had to leave the area and return a few times

EmptyCrustacean
12-26-2014, 08:20 PM
That's odd - Those are offline missions

I just entered one - seems to be working (does the prompt to play pop up)?

This happened to me yesterday on a Paris story mission when the menu to play the mission wouldn't pop up -- had to leave the area and return a few times

It's working for me now, thanks. Yeah, before I would go to the mission icon and the menu to play the mission wouldn't pop up. I had to restart the game but the same thing happened.
It took playing some other rift missions for it to appear.

bitebug2003
12-26-2014, 08:22 PM
It's working for me now, thanks. Yeah, before I would go to the mission icon and the menu to play the mission wouldn't pop up. I had to restart the game but the same thing happened.
It took playing some other rift missions for it to appear.

It's most likely related to PSN being offline. So hopefully it will only be temporary.

Jackdaw951
12-26-2014, 08:29 PM
It's most likely related to PSN being offline. So hopefully it will only be temporary.

At least it's not an online requirement, the suspicion of which was worrying me earlier.

EmptyCrustacean
12-27-2014, 12:24 AM

Uh oh. It's doing it again except I can't access ANY of the rif missions now. Also, it can't be due to PSN being offline because, as you said, the rift missions don't require online access. This is clearly yet another bug with Unity.

bitebug2003
12-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Uh oh. It's doing it again except I can't access ANY of the rif missions now. Also, it can't be due to PSN being offline because, as you said, the rift missions don't require online access. This is clearly yet another bug with Unity.

Yes is it another bug as people have reported this in November (Patch Preview 3)

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-184758-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Check the first few comments

MADS madhouse
12-27-2014, 12:56 AM
Well I found an answer, to my question to Ubisoft support, thank you. An answer the support person could not tell me in the email he sent me. I'm guessing, the Right hand, doesn't know what the left hand is doing, applies here.

EmptyCrustacean
12-27-2014, 01:11 AM
Yes is it another bug as people have reported this in November (Patch Preview 3)

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-184758-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Check the first few comments

Yes but you originally blamed PSN. Furthermore Patch 3 clearly hasn't fixed it...

JustPlainQuirky
12-27-2014, 01:48 AM
Initiates down?

http://img.pandawhale.com/41622-Grumpy-cat-good-uUqS.jpeg

bitebug2003
12-27-2014, 04:29 AM
Yes but you originally blamed PSN. Furthermore Patch 3 clearly hasn't fixed it...

Yes and neither has Patch 4 fixed it.

A few more people have reported the same issue after I posted that, and after some digging the issue appears to be quite common.