PDA

View Full Version : Unity Freezes randomly

BestKindOfKiwi
12-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Hi!

Sometimes when i'm playing AC Unity the game just freezes and it's unresponive for about 10-15 seconds and then it's playable again. I noticed that this is is not driver related issue as some may believe, it happens at certain points when auto-saving the game or durring certain missions. For example, whille going on a very 1st mission for the tarrot lady just after unlocking paris it is very likely that the game will freez, same goes for the 1st rift you encounter (the game froze twice, once whille i was climbing the platform near Lady Liberty, and second time few seconds later whille running up to the exit). Unity also froze whille saving just after i picked up nostradamus enigma (saturnus). From what i've googled so far many people claim to have the same problem so i know i'm not alone in this. My specs are listed below, i can run Unity on high with 30-50+ fps no problem.

AMD FX X8 8320 @3750
8GB RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
AMD R9 280 3GB 384bit
ASUS m5a97 r2.0
AEROCOOL 750W PSU

oh, and sorry for my bad english, it's not exactly my 1st language :P

danielvsa
12-26-2014, 03:09 PM
It's happening to me too. The game freezes my system for some seconds until to return..

Abbysion
12-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Same for me.
I don't know what's exactly causing this, but I can say that my VRAM seems to be saturated, using ~2020 MB of 2048 MB.
I'm currently using 8GB of system RAM (minimun required per Ubi) at 1600 MHz. Anyone with more RAM and/or VRAM having the same issue?

Also, could an unstable overclock cause this? Because it also happened to me with Dark Souls II, so I'm not entirely sure that the game is the culprit.
Are you guys experiencing this with other games or just ACU?
My CPU is an i5-3570K OC to 4.2 GHz, quite conservative in fact but I think I didn't get a good overclocker.

BestKindOfKiwi
12-26-2014, 11:36 PM
ACU is the only thing that does that on my pc. Other ubi games ie. Far Cry 4 run without a hitch...