PDA

View Full Version : Games to play before "Assasins creed: rogue"

FLURR92
12-26-2014, 12:06 PM
I've just received assassins creed rogue as a present having wanted to get into the series for a while. I know some of the assassins creed games are connected and was wondering which ones I should play before Rogue without going right back to the start? Thanks.

phoenix-force411
12-26-2014, 12:50 PM
Rogue is important to the Kenway saga. I suggest you start from Assassin's Creed III(Read AC: Forsaken if you can)then to Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. If you're willing to go back further, you can start at Assassin's Creed II and work your way up from there since not a lot of the newer fans like the first Assassin's Creed game.

Aphex_Tim
12-26-2014, 12:57 PM
It's indeed part of the Kenway story. If you want to play them in chronological order (of the historical part), you could start with Black Flag, then play Rogue, then AC3.

ze_topazio
12-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Go ahead and play it, some people here started with the most random games possible like Revelations(third game in a trilogy), despite some connections with past games Rogue is fairly self contained.

If you want an order for the games Rogue is connected with, then you could do something like this:

1 Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
2 Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (AC4 DLC)
3 first two sequences of Assassin's Creed Rogue
4 first three sequences of Assassin's Creed III
5 the rest of Assassin's Creed Rogue
6 the rest of Assassin's Creed III

I didn't include Liberation because there's hardly any connection with Rogue, however Liberation starts after the events of Rogue and after some point it happens simultaneously with AC3.

playlisting
12-26-2014, 01:57 PM
You would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't play Assassin's Creed 2 & Brotherhood. Those games are fantastic and are, at least in my opinion, 2 of the greatest games of last-gen.

Rafe Harwood
12-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Play them in the order they were released as it will make more sense and you will get the connections.

For the recent stuff, start with ACIII, ACIV, Rogue.

You have to remember that all the other AC titles have been bigger than Rogue and come at things from a completely different perspective. It was the last of the old gen stuff so although great, it can seem like a bit cobbled together from the earlier two titles.

GoldenBoy9999
12-26-2014, 06:48 PM
For the best experience, play ACIII, then Black Flag, then the DLC Freedom Cry (Important in my book), then you can play Rogue. None of the others are really connected. And squeeze in Assassin's Creed: Forsaken (a novel) in there around AC3 if you can. :cool:

GunnerGalactico
12-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Lol. Everybody has different suggestions. Best advice, listen to the comment below mine. ;)

Play them in the order they were released as it will make more sense and you will get the connections.

For the recent stuff, start with ACIII, ACIV, Rogue.
You have to remember that all the other AC titles have been bigger than Rogue and come at things from a completely different perspective. It was the last of the old gen stuff so although great, it can seem like a bit cobbled together from the earlier two titles.

* You're gonna want to hone your skills for the naval stuff, AC3 is a good warm-up.

Eduard413
12-27-2014, 05:44 AM
I've just received assassins creed rogue as a present having wanted to get into the series for a while. I know some of the assassins creed games are connected and was wondering which ones I should play before Rogue without going right back to the start? Thanks.

oh no, this is what I am talking about, this is what kills this franchise... I know I am lazy, but I will write the same thing I wrote to NuclearOps on these forums on similiar thread:

this is what kills this great franchise (well don't get me wrong, I love every AC game despite it's flaws like Unity) but it would be 1000 times better if there wouldn't be newcomers like you :mad::p
please do me a favor, If somebody tells you to play Assassin's Creed = don't start with the newest games in the franchise!!! please, start with AC1 and then play AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3 and then the Black Flag with Rogue..... some elements of the game that were divine and superb are being cut from the game because of the folks like you (sorry for being bad and rude at you but it's true)
so first, play all the games, and then make your complains what you like in the franchise and what you don't like
this franchise is the best in the video game industry and it deserves your attention = and then maybe you will see, that even if it is still great, the newest games since AC3 are still great but more bad than AC1,AC2,ACB,ACR
again, really sorry for being rude and also sorry for my bad english, sincerely, a long-time hardcore fan of Assassin's Creed since the launch of AC1 on PC back in 2008, thanks...