PDA

View Full Version : PC Announcement PC Patch 1.6.0 - Save Error - Fix Incoming

xMiiSTY
12-24-2014, 10:48 PM
With the Uplay download of the latest PC patch, 1.6.0, we have received reports that players are unable to save their progress or retain their existing saves. We're very sorry for this inconvenience and any additional trouble caused by this issue.

Fortunately, for those affected, we now have a solution that should allow saving to work as normal. The team is working on a hotfix to address the issue which will be rolling out shortly.

We thank you for for patience.

Babou..
12-25-2014, 01:11 AM
If that was the ONLY problem with this patch/game I would be VERY happy. But it is NOT!!!
This game is a crying mess!!! :mad:

xamon288
12-25-2014, 01:51 AM
Can we get a more specific time period than shortly? I will take something along the lines of this week or next week. Thank You.

bluestick999
12-25-2014, 02:31 AM
You would think that post putting out a major 1.3gb "patch" that devs would have had their ears to the ground checking for any issues. But no, it's taken 36 hours to even acknowledge a problem, and no definite time frame for a fix. I've got a fix, undo whatever 1.60 did until you've actually tested it properly.

Got a couple of days off for Xmas looking forward to some fun and instead I've had to resort to reading a book .... Bah humbug ��

H0BBS-
12-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Please thank the team for the quick update xMiisty, looks like the newest patch has resolved the issue.

kristoferen
12-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Patch on Christmas? Thanks for the hard work ladies & gents!

Lucairian
12-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Please thank the team for the quick update xMiisty, looks like the newest patch has resolved the issue.

location of latest hotfix to download?

megadan21
12-26-2014, 12:52 AM
I find it so bizarre that every previous patch has been released on steam before uplay except this one and now steam users have to wait till next week...why not release the patches on both platforms at the same time or at least give an explanation as to why

Rickvs64
12-26-2014, 01:41 AM
I believe I downloaded a patch of sorts yesterday, but the problem sure as hell still persists. Can't save at all.

Something changed though. Instead of freezing INSTEAD of saving, it now freezes immediately AFTER showing the save icon. Hardly much of an improvement ;)

pgromlich
12-26-2014, 03:33 AM
Holy sh--, so I'm not the only one. This 1.6 is an utter piece of crap. Everything was finally starting to run acceptably, and then I put this 36mb of garbage on my system. Can't they make patches optional if you're happy with it. I mean if it ain't broke, don't make me fix it.

Black_Echo
12-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Will this patch be released on steam this year i wonder....

Solid_Zero
12-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Can't they make patches optional if you're happy with it. I mean if it ain't broke, don't make me fix it.

It's not hard to Google the status of any patches before downloading them, then you can simply play offline until they either fix them or people note there's nothing game breakingly wrong with them.

pgromlich
12-26-2014, 12:17 PM
It's not hard to Google the status of any patches before downloading them, then you can simply play offline until they either fix them or people note there's nothing game breakingly wrong with them.

That's what I'm going to do from now on. This is my first experience with this type of problem. This is probably the worst release I've ever come across, and it's actually a good game otherwise.

galacticbang
12-26-2014, 04:42 PM
So it looks like the hotfix was released yesterday? But I am continuing to have problems after the hotfix. Not sure if this is the same problem or not ... whenever I load the game, I am in an outpost with no weapons. I go the store and I can load up with all my weapons as usual, but when I die, I am right back to that same outpost with no weapons. Also, there are no more quests on the map. I also have no HUD and cannot use the grappling hook, though I can open doors.

I've reported the bug, but curious if others are experiencing similar issues.

Thanks!

Solid_Zero
12-27-2014, 02:57 AM
That's what I'm going to do from now on. This is my first experience with this type of problem. This is probably the worst release I've ever come across, and it's actually a good game otherwise.

At least Uplay asks you, by default Steam just starts downloading patches when you're online.

And I agree, issues aside it's a good game and it wouldn't be the first time a game has had some bad patches.

Things are still working ok for me on patch 1.5, so I'm sitting here for a while. :P

Hisan1
12-27-2014, 04:48 AM
I hope Ubisoft fixes the error when launching, some just have the save issue while rest of us can't even play the game.

Studly_Boy
12-28-2014, 01:42 AM
I hope Ubisoft fixes the error when launching, some just have the save issue while rest of us can't even play the game.

I am in the same boat , i had to wait a week after initial purchase for a patch to come out to play it now this last patch crashes my system . Come on Guys get your Sh*t together this is unacceptable :mad:

XR2869
12-28-2014, 08:22 AM
LOL. I was already having "save error" issues with patch 1.5.0. Patch 1.6.0 did nothing to improve this and now I am saddened to see patch 1.6.0 causing this problem for even more users. Pretty pathetic. Maybe they will learn from all of the game files that they are having us upload to them and have things working by somewhere around patch 3.5.0 this summer. Every time I try to play this game I start to feel like I am sitting at my computer desk being monitored in a clear enclosure with partially-soiled wood shavings under foot, a drink bottle hanging from the ceiling and a nearby bowl of tasty pellets in a product testing lab at Ubisoft.

Hisan1
12-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Weirdest thing is, I was just fine on 1.5.0, and on 1.4.0, but 1.6.0? Wrecks the game, great.

Studly_Boy
12-28-2014, 11:36 PM
The way things are going we should all ask for a full refund. This game had so much potential:mad:

enraged2009
12-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Can I update now? Is this patch-patch out already? Does it fix the everywhere black boxes on notebooks where you can't disable the internal GPU?

piotr..k
12-29-2014, 03:49 PM
They said:
"Laptops are not officially supported" :)
But they have not write the proper info in requirements.
It should be: "On Laptops with Enduro technology this game looks like ****"

enraged2009
12-29-2014, 04:44 PM
That's true. In Far Cry 3 there was a workaround which isn't available in FC4. Is it possible to sell that used UPlay key? I don't want that buggy **** looking game anymore.

Dunc-TT
12-30-2014, 11:31 PM
So it looks like the hotfix was released yesterday? But I am continuing to have problems after the hotfix. Not sure if this is the same problem or not ... whenever I load the game, I am in an outpost with no weapons. I go the store and I can load up with all my weapons as usual, but when I die, I am right back to that same outpost with no weapons. Also, there are no more quests on the map. I also have no HUD and cannot use the grappling hook, though I can open doors.

I've reported the bug, but curious if others are experiencing similar issues.

Thanks!

So does anyone have the hotfix? Can it actually be downloaded? I use the physical disc copy which updates via uplay (it would be nice to force update checks via uplay on as opposed to hoping it will do something every time I load it waiting for this fix and watching the long intro again) .

I have a similar issue in that my outpost visits have no weapons apart from the knife. Save games do not actually save progress as far as I can tell. All the main story missions and character quests have gone. The minimap refuses to display unless I am in a restricted area on a side mission even though it is switched on in the options. Main map still displays ok except the main missions icons as mentioned before.

Fortunatly I have other games to play while we wait, but I think all we want is our expectations setting, like within the next week or two about patch availability.

Everything worked fine for me until I did the last plane mission - so if you have not got that far, I would be wary about progressing beyond that point.

Tried the run as administrator compatibility fix setting on the farcry exe file but that made no difference.

I logged a support call and got nothing back. :(

Oh, and one other thing - for the love of god (and I am not religious) please allow us to skip the excessive cutscenes when first loading the game!

Hisan1
12-31-2014, 04:36 AM
I'd just like to hear a response from someone on Ubisoft team because this is obnoxious,annoying and just overall petty.
When the hell will we get a patch for the crashing when loading the game, crashing on saving, crashing for no apparent reason and crashing frigging everything in this game?Infact I'd say with 1.6.0 the game became the crash itself for gods sake.

Spudpeter
12-31-2014, 10:57 AM
The team is working on a hotfix to address the issue which will be rolling out shortly

We have a different perception on the term shorty ...
At least some information would be appreciated.

cnunn
12-31-2014, 03:59 PM
With the Uplay download of the latest PC patch, 1.6.0, we have received reports that players are unable to save their progress or retain their existing saves. We're very sorry for this inconvenience and any additional trouble caused by this issue.

Fortunately, for those affected, we now have a solution that should allow saving to work as normal. The team is working on a hotfix to address the issue which will be rolling out shortly.

Gee,

Seems you may have another problem my mouse (Microsoft wireless) will no longer aim or shoot and yes i have checked the driver and dxdiag both of which report no problems
which I would expect since my mouse works with ever other game I have. I have tried remapping the aim and shoot buttons but that did not work either, not alone with this problem once again seems you have to wait 6 months or more before you can expect to run a game trouble free

zerocool_044
01-03-2015, 01:31 PM
How much longer am i gonna have to wait to play this game, i have to say its a great game but a real let down how it was pushed through for release with insufficient beta testing done.

I have had problems running in SLi and memory leaks and getting black screen flicker issues also sound buffer problems.
I am holding off now updating the game to 1.6 so i don't get the latest issues with saving problems this also means because i wont update i also cant play online now.

t1du
01-04-2015, 06:52 AM
I've got about 35% progress, mostly before 1.6 and the game worked flawlessly for me, so I guess I was lucky. Now with 1.6 I get flickering textures, the game crashes after I die, and after dying (twice) I learned that it no longer saves my progress. It's not surprising nothing has been done over the holiday, but it is surprising that this was pushed out to begin with. I love the game, it's just unfortunate that Ubi seems to be driven by a "release now, fix it later" mentality. If you people really want to drive your customers away, this is the way to do it. Hopefully the talented developers can make their way to a competent studio/publisher so their work can actually be seen by the player before they quit in frustration because they can't save the game.

leinbester
01-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Hi.

I have supported you muppets for quite a time and have spent an inordinate amount of money on your products only to receive AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME this time around. If you keep this up, you will lose my support. Did you know that the PIRATE copy of Far Cry 4 had the same issues but the community sorted it out themselves? WHY IN THE HELLLLLLL SHOULD WE THEREFORE SUPPORT LEGITIMATE COPIES OF THE GAME IF THE MORONS WRITING IT CANNOT EVEN PRODUCE A PRODUCT WORTHY OF SUPPORT?!?!?!?!!? Also, just IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, I posted a complaint about this before Christmas and the promise was made to reply and fix the problem WITHIN 2 WORKING DAYS (and as far as my knowledge goes we HAVE PASSED that deadline) but I haven't even received a reply from anyone at Ubisoft??!?!!? WTF!?!?!?

With respect, sort this out or you will not be seeing my funds again.

Sincerely,
Niel

leinbester
01-05-2015, 09:30 AM
The way things are going we should all ask for a full refund. This game had so much potential:mad:

I totally agree. I have spent a lot of money on Ubisoft games, and I am quite sick of paying for **** that doesn't work. Please refund my money ASAP. Full retail and not a penny less. In fact, you owe the whole community for supporting you. Everyone at Ubisoft had a nice Christmas? Nice bonuses? Screw that. You owe us. Every single person that supported you on Far Cry 4 must receive something for their loyalty.

Yours truly,
Niel

Studly_Boy
01-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Enough is Enough....How much longer are you [EDITED] going to keep us in the lurch..we payed big money for a game that is now worth [EDITED] :mad:

BWX232
01-06-2015, 02:58 PM
When is 1.6.0 coming out? Mine (STEAM ver.) never updated as far as I can tell.

zerocool_044
01-07-2015, 05:44 PM
This is a serous post to any FC Community Manager please can you give us customers a update on the fix and how long you think its gonna be!!!!

Dunc-TT
01-07-2015, 10:15 PM
This is a serous post to any FC Community Manager please can you give us customers a update on the fix and how long you think its gonna be!!!!

Maybe Pagan Min has the developers tied up in the Himalayas?

Lack of response from Ubisoft will only frustrate people more. Be brave, respond to the unhappy people here, and manage our expectations.

#farcry4broken!

phenomenal2
01-07-2015, 11:05 PM
Wait, so this was made on Christmas Eve, and I get the game on Christmas Day, and then I can't play it for more than a few minutes without it crashing? :(

winger242
01-08-2015, 01:46 AM
After the 1.6,0 patch the game now freezes after 30secs whether it's online or offline. I'm fed up with this game.

zerocool_044
01-08-2015, 12:01 PM
I completed the game last nite as my game is still at V1.5 but i want to play online now but am not gonna update to V1.6 as it will **** up my saves so i still gotta wait for this dam fix Grrrr

Olegonni
01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Ubisoft works without QAs?
I can't understand how it happened?! Game doesn't work!!!:mad:
Ubisoft develops interesting games but quality... It's awful!!!!!:
Hire good testers or test manager.

GrandLambAuto
01-09-2015, 03:53 AM
you would think they would FINALLY FIX THE SEVERS FOR ONCE... but no
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/012012/1327341549_neil_degrasse_tyson_reaction.gif
I WAITED A NEW YEARS FOR ONLY A PC FIX THE SERVERS!!!!! FIX THEM I CAN'T PLAY ONE GAME WITHOUT 50 LOST CONNECTIONS!!!! ITS ON XBOX, PLAYSTATION, AND EVERYWHERE ELSE FIXXXXXX ITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
THE FEAR OF IT NEVER GETTING FIXED: http://www.gifbin.com/bin/032011/1298985833_maze-scare-reaction-punching-hole-through-monitor.gif
AND I'M JUST ONE OF MANY WHO NEED THE SERVERS FIXED!!!!! IMAGINE YOU UBISOFT BECOMING A GLORIFIED EA! BECAUSE THE SERVERS MAKE MANY DO THIS: http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/Dz3nk.gif
JUST FIX ITTTT! COD IS COMING OUT WITH A DLC, AND IF IT ISN'T FIXED BY THE 29TH, YOU WILL BE A GLORIFIED EA! I looked up to ubisoft in 2014, I looked up to alot of things in 2014, and they ALL MADE ME SAY: HMM maybe ea really is trying. http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/welp.gif and I thought ea couldn't try.
you got a month to complete that major bug. or at least a major bug. now I know you are working on AC unity, but really sonic boom makes it look like a piece of art. So I know a month: http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mefnirV.gif well someone in the lab should have thought about at least TELLING US your fixing it.
don't disappoint me ubisoft. Make me say : http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/good-day.gif and not http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/mad-at-theinternet.gif Because NO ONE is making a move. Until next month you got a difference between your screwed, or at least you didn't blow it all up.

Studly_Boy
01-10-2015, 12:20 AM
UBISOFt I want a full refund:mad:, its called Consumer Rights

Tranquility999
01-10-2015, 07:04 AM
:mad:where is my save file?

rjdrive
01-10-2015, 03:13 PM
So it looks like the hotfix was released yesterday? ..... SNIP

When people refer to a "hot fix" do they mean a patch that downloads automatically without offering you the choice? I am not playing through Steam, but I remember sometime over the holidays that the game took longer to load while the Uplay window was still on the screen. Something additional was going on and I assumed it was a small patch of some kind. I was not having any problems with SAVES or otherwise after 1.6, and the only difference I noticed, which I won't go into here for fear Ubi will ruin it again after I fixed it, was how a shortcut worked.

pinco47
01-11-2015, 06:55 PM
+++++++
I have a very strong PC but I dont understand why is there trilinear filtering ON and not anizo????????????I am not using Vsync.Remove or add more options.
Things to add: Toggle zoom on/off just like in FC3
reload button also changes the arrow types (when bow equipped) just like in FC3
scrolling weapons - not only firearms (bow,pistol,smg...) but also mines/C4/ !!!!!!!! Just like in FC 3

TheLastDoctor
01-12-2015, 03:18 AM
Did this hot fix ever truly get released? Mine still says 1.6.0, was this intended as a silent fix, with no version change, or will it show a version change when released?

Kuch3nbear
01-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Did this hot fix ever truly get released?

yes on 26. ‎December ‎2014 was the release of the hotfix

AxleSlash
01-15-2015, 03:39 AM

After that patch now the game keeps crashing!!! All was fine without it ran absolutely perfect ever tim ei have played it. Now I cannot play for 30 minutes without it crashing. Take the patch back out and leave me the hell alone!!!

vuze2143
01-18-2015, 12:26 PM
**** aint working!!!

Crashes on the same location again and again....
Fix this NOW!

Redscyte2
01-19-2015, 12:49 AM
I cant play at all as of this patch, I crash immediately after hitting the play button in either steam or Uplay

lThe_Crasherl
01-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Guys, this is Ubisoft were talking about. As far as we know they're NOT going to do jack about all this...

They're going to pump out a few more DLC's and treat us like we're idiots.

PellervoMerikei
01-20-2015, 07:26 PM
I have the same problem. Game worked ealryel today just fine, I updated it and now it crashed when I try to start it. Doesn't matter if try to start it on offline, disk steam, uplay. Nothing helps. TY 4 this Ubi :
If this doesn't get fixed in fue days, i refuse to buy any ubisoft games. I have so much bad to say about ubisoft

bengaltigeri
01-20-2015, 09:50 PM
well I managed to get far cry 4 to play PROPERLY not long before Christmas, NOW after this damn 1.6 patch it has completely screwed right up, freezes after the save piece like others have said, I press xbox centre button to see battery life which then jolts the game on a bit to load next screen, but in order to do absolutely anything I have to continuously repeat the same thing again and again press centre button on xbox control, loads next piece and same again, freezes constantly, is there anyway to backdate my game i.e get rid of this stupid latest patch, as my game worked PERFECTLY before the 1.6 dippy patch

all help is appreciated

bengaltigeri
01-20-2015, 10:03 PM
I have put a question into ubisoft, any1 think this is inappropriate????

it would seem everybody is being ignored by your guys on http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/981924-PC-Patch-1-6-0-Save-Error-Fix-Incoming/page6 I have also posted on there myself, please can you check my comment, if this is not rectified, I will apply for a full refund, as I am not paying a lot of money for a game I cant even play, this is extremely annoying for myself and YOUR other loyal customers whom I might add, PAY YOUR WAGES via buying your games, and the service/response they get from yourselves or lack of is absolutely disgraceful and uncalled for as customers we have the RIGHT to be upset that a game we bought from you'se does not blooming work. I'd like a HELPFUL reply asap please...
sorry for being abrupt, but I WORK hard to be able to buy such pleasures, just to be let down by it.
I await your reply
gaz

p.s im referring to the pc format game

killershout
01-21-2015, 01:11 PM
urgent injouable et intolérable !

CoconutCat47
01-22-2015, 03:51 PM
funny how we talking about patch 1.6 when the next patch is 1.8

bengaltigeri
01-22-2015, 11:50 PM
well 48HOURS have passed which I believe is the allotted response timeframe given by ubisoft.... SURPRISED not in the god damned slightest, ANNOYED, even more so now, ubisoft are not interested in what the consumer/customer has to say, ubisoft employees use this forum and started this thread, and have been on here countless times since I last posted and yet not a SINGLE ONE of them has responded with any help at all, MONEY HUNGRY GREEDY G!TS, I WANT MY MONEY BACK, over the weekend I will be contacting a friend whom is a solicitor to find out exactly what I can do about this, we are sold a game full of bugs, they do patches to try and help fix them, yet they don't allow you to rollback to the patch that worked for yourself, when you contact them you either get ignored or just fobbed off, this is disgusting, if we were ithere facetoface, theyd be cr@pping themselves, but because its done via internet, easy answer is to IGNORE the customer....................:mad::mad::mad::mad::m ad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

amayiro95
01-23-2015, 04:46 PM
We wait the update. Ubisoft you're just a big joke

qetn26
01-31-2015, 11:33 AM
Toujours pas de fix pour ce probleme de sauvegarde -___-
sa commence à être long !
le truc c'est que pour ma part le jeu a commencer a buguer a partir de la version 1.6 qui devait soit disant corriger ce bug que je n'avais pas auparavant....

ubisoft faites quelques chose !!!!
:( :( :(

Dunc-TT
02-08-2015, 03:32 PM
FYI - version 1.8 is out if you run Far Cry 4 from UPlay online mode. It fixed pretty much everything for me including the save game issue. If you have SLI ghosting problems, avoid SMAA mode for graphics.

Taipan52
02-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Well, this is just great. 92.7% completion and suddenly "save" and "save and quit" buttons do not work. As soon as I click on either of them, I get the save icon and then the cursor disappears. Animation and sound continues as normal. Esc key does nothing and the only way out is alt-F4.

I mean, WTF? This has only happpened in the last 24 hours.

This sounds very similiar to the FC3 public co-op glitch that Ubisoft ignored FOR YEARS!!!

Fix the problem, you morons

phenomenal2
02-16-2015, 03:36 AM
Still no love for 16:10 users. :(

blt420
02-25-2015, 10:50 PM
I haven't had any save errors yet, but this game used to run at a smooth framerate on my 1080p 144hz g-sync monitor, but then came patch 1.6 and now it's a stuttering mess with a terrible framerate. FPS frequently dips below 60, and I'm running dual 780ti's on an evga x79 Dark, i7 4820k@4.4 and 2133 corsair dominator memory. This game was super smooth for me before the last patch, and now it's f#@$ed up beyond playability. Thanks a lot for ruining the game, Ubi. This is the last game I will EVER buy from you if you don't fix this quickly.

Patu
02-27-2015, 01:01 PM
I haven't had any save errors yet, but this game used to run at a smooth framerate on my 1080p 144hz g-sync monitor, but then came patch 1.6 and now it's a stuttering mess with a terrible framerate. FPS frequently dips below 60, and I'm running dual 780ti's on an evga x79 Dark, i7 4820k@4.4 and 2133 corsair dominator memory. This game was super smooth for me before the last patch, and now it's f#@$ed up beyond playability. Thanks a lot for ruining the game, Ubi. This is the last game I will EVER buy from you if you don't fix this quickly.

1.6.0 is not the latest patch, 1.8.0 is. If you are running 1.8.0, please check that you have soft shadows disabled.

Taipan52
03-01-2015, 01:24 AM
Not fixed!!!

Why?????

Do you even care, ubisoft???

Never again.

Patu
03-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Not fixed!!!

Game files verified already?

Taipan52
03-06-2015, 06:35 AM
Game files verified already?

Yes - reinstalled the whole game

Kez2k
03-07-2015, 01:59 AM
Having this dumb stuttering issue also on my 970gtx g1 overclocked i7 3770 3.9ghz 16GB ram, ive tried all the known fixes and even set it to low still stutters. I also have a 144hz monitor and 100fpsfeels like playing 30fps and below its ridiculous. SPEAK TO US UBI

Taipan52
03-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Now I cannot save in Valley of the Yetis - goes to black screen and alt/f4 only way to escape it.

This is the last dollar I will ever send Ubisoft's way.

fvbmusikproduk
04-14-2015, 07:07 PM
Hi there, when does finally a new patch come out???:mad::mad::mad:
i wrote my a$$ of in the forums and the community managers just respond with their standard blabla "your cpu might be to weak" or "update your drivers etc"
IAM I STUPID???:confused::confused::confused:
since the 1.6 patch the game runs like crap, scripts are not working for example you start a mission and no enemeys are spawn and stuff like this.
textures pop in and out etc....

WTF???:mad::mad::mad:

someon please tell me i´m not stupid, because i could play the game very fine some weeks ago and now its just a unplayable disaster....
:nonchalance::nonchalance:
also i tried to reinstall, and it worked fine as long as i did not update... but i had to because of the DLC....

Patu
04-14-2015, 09:15 PM
If 1.6 is crap, try 1.9. It just might be better. ;)

fvbmusikproduk
04-23-2015, 05:54 PM
and how am i supposed to update to 1.9?
i reinstalled the game 2 times, verfied gamefiles etc etc... if check the version, it still says vers1.6, and the problems are stil the same.
the worst for me, is that ubi does not respond at all, why i have this problems....

Patu
04-24-2015, 10:49 AM
It is 1.10.0 now. Did you try running UPlay as an administrator?

guest-JILpaj9G
04-28-2015, 06:57 PM
WOW.that 's awesome . i think it's the best patch that i am wating for it..NICE NICE:cool::cool: