PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Assassin's Creed: Unity - CD Key Banned

Pages : [1] 2

TeacherTeo
12-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Hello. Don't know if this is the correct forum but I just bought a CD key from Unlimited Gamestore and Uplay says the key is banned. What is this ? Thanks !

DigitalParanoia
12-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi there. The same happened to me just about an hour ago. I bought AC Unity key yesterday, applied the key in uplay, downloaded the game with all the updates/patches. Everything was fine, I was able to play, I completed some sequences, then I took a small break. 2 hours ago when I launched Uplay it says "activate your game" so I applied my cd key and it says it is blocked/banned. What is going on can someone explain please ?

Hammy051
12-24-2014, 07:24 PM
went to play assassin's creed unity but when i tried to load it up im getting the activation window saying to enter product key but as i tried to reactivate the key i have been given its saying that the key is banned and my game is been removed from my uplay games as i bought it yesterday

g_d_v_l
12-24-2014, 08:14 PM
It happened to me as well. It would be nice to have an explanation on this matter.

EDIT : I opened a ticket for my key code to their support team. It may take a while

EagleX-3.0
12-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Same problem here guys !

I live in France (I'm french) and I have exactly the same issue with my AC Unity and my Uplay Account :(

I have bought my cd key on unlimited g store too !

Can someone help us ?

Thanks !

Senekha
12-24-2014, 08:52 PM
I had the same problem. I contacted my reseller. 15 mins(!!!) later I got an answer, a new key, activated it, I can play it again.
The game was still installed and I can play further with my old savegame.

EagleX-3.0
12-24-2014, 08:59 PM
I had the same problem. I contacted my reseller. 15 mins(!!!) later I got an answer, a new key, activated it, I can play it again.
The game was still installed and I can play further with my old savegame.

Hi Senekha !

Who's your reseller ? :)

komposiitti
12-24-2014, 10:41 PM
This happened to me too. I last played about 12 hours ago. I have atleast a couple of dozen hours logged already. Now when I open Uplay AC Unity is not showing in the library. I tried to reactivate the game with the cd key I bought but uplay says the key is banned. I contacted customer support but It's Christmas Day tomorrow so I'm not expecting solutions too quickly.
I'm angry as hell now. My cd key was legally bought and legit. I have not done anything to warrant a ban.

yverhulst
12-25-2014, 12:03 AM
I have the same thing. I played the game for about a month and I completed it. But a few hours ago when I tried to start the game it said I had to re activate my game and then i entered my key and then it said it was banned. I bought the key from g2a. I already contacted them and they said I should contact uplay support. I'm ****ing pissed now. They better give me a new key or something or I will never buy ubisoft games again

gmclarke
12-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Another one here.

Only just got it working again after the latest 'patch', and now activation issues.

Ubisoft - I'm sick of Beta testing your product.....

Ass4ssin_010
12-25-2014, 01:54 AM
The same problem here as well.
I got it from usagames and it was marked as world-wide when I bought it 3 weeks ago, and now it sais that the key is banned...
Just when I finally got spare time to play the game during Christmass.

hkkane2012
12-25-2014, 05:08 AM
you own risk if you Purchase on unofficial thrid party store

similarly
12-25-2014, 06:43 AM
This is very likely NOT an issue with Ubisoft but rather with the 3rd Party site you bought the key from.

Anykeyer
12-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Unlimited is a known scamming website. They probably used illegal methods (like stolen cards) to buy those keys.

komposiitti
12-25-2014, 10:30 AM
There should be nothing wrong with buying from established resellers.
It is absolutely appalling for Ubi to ban cd keys without notifying the customers who it affects. The game just disappeared from the library. Also they did this right before the customer support was closed down for Christmas.

Ubisoft Support will be closed from 3PM (GMT) on Wednesday, December 24th for the Christmas Holiday. We will reopen Friday, December 26th at 11AM (GMT).

Anykeyer
12-25-2014, 12:50 PM
When you buy cheap cdkeys you should always question why they are cheap. Most sites claim they get them from cheap markets, but often the price difference cant be explained so easily - in recent years many publishers put restrictions on game versions sold in cheap markets. Since AC3 Ubi restricts cheap versions to a single (local) language. Yet you somehow get full version with english language in it. This leads to a conclusion that they are obtained in some other way. And most likely illegal, like paying with stolen bank account.
Legit bank account/card owners will inevitably demand their money back from Ubi. And so Ubi is forced to take action, they ban those keys bc they dont feel like gifting both money and games.
In this case you should actually contact seller, not Ubisoft, and demand full refund. Ubi doesnt owe you anything in this case. Its sellers responsibility to give you a legit copy of the game.

jeffies04
12-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Just googling a few of the game key sites mentioned in this thread netted me over a dozen ripoff reports and buyer-beware warnings (and none of them had to do with Ubi)

Fieldbat2
12-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Me and a friend of mine have the same issue. Couldn't try my key again because I deleted the email with the key. It even says on the Ubisoft page that I don't need the key anymore after activation.
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faq.aspx?platformid=1&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eRy0CAE

Quote: Once a PC game has been registered to your Uplay account, there is no need to ever enter your key again. You will always have access to it through the Uplay PC application.

I have made progress in the game and also got some screenshots of my account to verify. On the ubisoft page it still says I own the game, but it's not in Uplay anymore.

OsamaTouch
12-26-2014, 09:10 PM
This happened to me too. I last played about 44 hours ago. I have at least a couple of dozen hours logged already. Now when I open Uplay AC Unity is not showing in the library. I tried to reactivate the game with the CD key I bought but uplay says the key is banned. I contacted customer support but It's Christmas Day tomorrow so I'm not expecting solutions too quickly.
I'm angry as hell now. My CD key was legally bought and legit. I have not done anything to warrant a ban.:mad:

AxaFin
12-28-2014, 06:50 PM
I bought my key from G2A. I've read something of Steam blocking the ability of selling games to other regions with region locking. Could this also be the regionblock thingy? if so I think that I shouldn't be receiving a ban for buying a game with 30€ what is still in beta phase. I had respect for Ubisoft mainly because of the Splinter Cell series what they didn't totally f*ck up... but now. I don't know anymore.

Mr_Shade
12-28-2014, 06:57 PM
This is very likely NOT an issue with Ubisoft but rather with the 3rd Party site you bought the key from.

Indeed - if you are affected, please contact your retailer.

ConstiGoschn
12-28-2014, 09:51 PM

How about no?

It's a working key, which is all of a sudden not accepted by Uplay, what exactly should I contact my retailer for?
You guys can't be serious!

HamsterExAstris
12-28-2014, 11:32 PM
This may not hold from a legal standpoint, but from a moral standpoint, Ubisoft accepted a contract with the customer; they're the ones who are trying to renege on the agreement. They need to make good, not the original retailer.

fyrepony
12-29-2014, 05:24 AM

well.. thats some nice customer service, id say 20$ is too much for this service and broken game, make it work and you MIGHT have a case, rigth now i cant even play my copy.

Anykeyer
12-29-2014, 09:45 AM
It's a working key, which is all of a sudden not accepted by Uplay

You contradict youself

This may not hold from a legal standpoint, but from a moral standpoint, Ubisoft accepted a contract with the customer; they're the ones who are trying to renege on the agreement. They need to make good, not the original retailer.

Retailer is responsible for providing you a legit copy.
Only once you have that legit copy you can expect further support from Ubisoft.

20$

Even restricted russian-only version of the game is retailed at $30-40. Stop being so stupid, you just gave your money to scammers.

komposiitti
12-29-2014, 01:48 PM
This happened to me too. I last played about 44 hours ago. I have at least a couple of dozen hours logged already. Now when I open Uplay AC Unity is not showing in the library. I tried to reactivate the game with the CD key I bought but uplay says the key is banned. I contacted customer support but It's Christmas Day tomorrow so I'm not expecting solutions too quickly.
I'm angry as hell now. My CD key was legally bought and legit. I have not done anything to warrant a ban.:mad:

I like how you copied my post from 12-24-2014, 09:41 PM and changed the hours. It's ok if you have the same problem.

Ok, all you Ubisoft apologists:
- Why does Ubisoft take away the games without notifying the account owners? There's an email account connected to each of the accounts so it's not diffucult to contact the player and notify them. Communication is key to good customer service experience.
- No reason for banning is provided even after contacting the customer support.
- They ban cd keys without a notice/warning. Ubi assumes the account owners are guilty of doing something wrong and act before letting account owner provide proofs and whatnot.

Mr_Shade
12-29-2014, 03:00 PM
How about no?

It's a working key, which is all of a sudden not accepted by Uplay, what exactly should I contact my retailer for?
You guys can't be serious!

If you have purchased a key from a non offiicial reseller - which is selling keys gotten in a non official way - and those keys are then revoked - your only course of action is a refund from that vendor.

If the Vendor didn't purchase the keys legitimately, unfortunately -Ubisoft won't replace them under any circumstances.

If you are unable to get a refund from the site directly - I suggest you contact your credit /debit card provider or paypal [if you used it]

well.. thats some nice customer service, id say 20$ is too much for this service and broken game, make it work and you MIGHT have a case, rigth now i cant even play my copy.

Unfortunately, since it's an issue with another company, I can only give you very basic help and advice - you should contact the site directly and get a refund asap - failing that your bank.

Unfortunately the site is a non official reseller - so, we have to refer you back to them, since they are the ones selling the codes.

If you purchased from Ubisoft directly - we would help with the situation, however your contract is with the seller of the codes - and they appear to have been selling coded obtained illegitimately.

Codes sold legitimately - wouldn't be revoked in this manner - so normally customers wouldbn't be affected.

If you want a reason for these keys being revoked - I suggest you ask the retailer directly.

OsamaTouch
12-29-2014, 04:02 PM
I like how you copied my post from 12-24-2014, 09:41 PM and changed the hours. It's ok if you have the same problem.

Ok, all you Ubisoft apologists:
- Why does Ubisoft take away the games without notifying the account owners? There's an email account connected to each of the accounts so it's not diffucult to contact the player and notify them. Communication is key to good customer service experience.
- No reason for banning is provided even after contacting the customer support.
- They ban cd keys without a notice/warning. Ubi assumes the account owners are guilty of doing something wrong and act before letting account owner provide proofs and whatnot.

I have the same problem but have not been solved so far, and I have already played for 44 hours

Mr_Shade
12-29-2014, 05:49 PM
I have the same problem but have not been solved so far, and I have already played for 44 hours

I suggest you contact your retailer again - since they should be able to resolve this for you.

If they can't - you should contact your bank or paypal - depending on your payment method.

Mangomodo
12-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Hey,

I have bought the game at the 7. Dec and played it some days long and suddently, The activation message apeared during the start of the game.
And it is the same problem like the problem of the others. But why is the ubisoft support not able to tell me what is wrong with the key or why it is banned.

Nice Greets :mad:

YazX_
12-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Guys, if you used paypal to buy the key you have 45 days to dispute the transaction and get full refund, please do so before the 45 days pass.

OsamaTouch
12-30-2014, 10:16 AM
I suggest you contact your retailer again - since they should be able to resolve this for you.

If they can't - you should contact your bank or paypal - depending on your payment method.

Hello I can not return the version that I bought from the site because the seller did not respond to the issues, what is the solution now? Now I lost my money and a copy of Assassin's Creed Unity

Anykeyer
12-30-2014, 11:23 AM
If seller doesnt repsond it counts as another sign of scam and illegal practice.
Contact your bank (of u entered card info directly) or paypal and try to reclaim your money with their help.

Its strange Ubisoft still didnt come up with official statement that would explain the situation.

zabbar14
12-30-2014, 03:13 PM
I went to the g2a store, bought the assassins creed unity game, got the code for the game, put the game code in to the uplay software, downloaded the game and everything was fine, i launched the game to check if everything was alright and it was, but then a month later, my game suddenly vanished from my game library, i found the code and put it back in , then a message popped upp: this cd key or activation code has been banned, so why has this happened? :mad:

so, i bought the game from g2a, a gaming site that is safe to buy from, got the key put it in and now it's banned, why??? :confused::confused:

YazX_
12-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Hello I can not return the version that I bought from the site because the seller did not respond to the issues, what is the solution now? Now I lost my money and a copy of Assassin's Creed Unity

Yes as AC_Mako said, if you used Paypal to pay then go to Paypal and dispute the transaction then escalate it to claim to get full refund, otherwise, contact your bank for charge back.

Mr_Shade
12-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Its strange Ubisoft still didnt come up with official statement that would explain the situation.
Supports replies and my posts - are official.

Sites which are not official re sellers and ebay shops selling products much, much lower than normal retail prices - are to be used at the buyers own risk, since issues like this can and do happen.

If you purchase a code from one of these sites offering VERY low prices and it is revoked - your only course of action is a refund from the seller - or contact your bank or paypal for a refund.

You should always ask yourself 'why is it so cheap?' and check reviews etc before purchasing from 3rd party sites offering deals which appear too good to be true.

Ubisoft will always honor and support products brought from official re sellers or partner sites of Ubisoft though.

DudeB4rt
12-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Exact same problem here. Asked Ubisoft why, no response on my e-mail for a week. I bought all AC games, Unity is the last of them. Poor communication, this is no way to treat a paying and loyal customer. If I downloaded the game illegally, I could have played for the entire holliday. Now? Nothing. Way to go Ubisoft.

Mr_Shade
12-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Exact same problem here. Asked Ubisoft why, no response on my e-mail for a week. I bought all AC games, Unity is the last of them. Poor communication, this is no way to treat a paying and loyal customer. If I downloaded the game illegally, I could have played for the entire holliday. Now? Nothing. Way to go Ubisoft.

If you wish to know why a code is revoked - your retailer should be able to answer and supply a new code or a refund.

G2A is not an official reseller of Ubisoft Codes - and as such, Ubisoft does not supply them directly - so we have no control over codes they may obtain via different methods.

DudeB4rt
12-30-2014, 05:12 PM
If you wish to know why a code is revoked - your retailer should be able to answer and supply a new code or a refund.
Ubisoft banned my code, so they should know why. So inform me. Don't ban me with no information at all. That's just ridiculous.
"Hi, you're banned, but you have to find out yourself why, have a nice day!"
If you want to piss off your customers, that's the way to do it.

Mr_Shade
12-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Ubisoft banned my code, so they should know why. So inform me. Don't ban me with no information at all. That's just ridiculous.
"Hi, you're banned, but you have to find out yourself why, have a nice day!"
If you want to piss off your customers, that's the way to do it.

You retailer should always be the point of contact for things like this - since it's a product they sold, even though Ubisoft has revoked the key, they are responsible for providing it.

As already posted - they are not an official reseller, so I can't offer you any other advice apart from speaking to them directly - they will be able to tell you why the keys are revoked.

If they can't offer you a refund, I suggest you contact your bank or paypal [depending on how you paid]

RoseSolane
12-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Supports replies and my posts - are official.

Sites which are not official re sellers and ebay shops selling products much, much lower than normal retail prices - are to be used at the buyers own risk, since issues like this can and do happen.

If you purchase a code from one of these sites offering VERY low prices and it is revoked - your only course of action is a refund from the seller - or contact your bank or paypal for a refund.

You should always ask yourself 'why is it so cheap?' and check reviews etc before purchasing from 3rd party sites offering deals which appear too good to be true.

Ubisoft will always honor and support products brought from official re sellers or partner sites of Ubisoft though.

That still does not answer the question why players could play for several days without a problem. As far as I am concerned after Ubisoft accepted the key they are responsible when they suddenly want to revoke the key. I doubt if the current practice is legal in most countries. You accepted the key so the customer could expect that there is nothing wrong with the key.

The fact that you suddenly revoke keys does make me wonder if you have any idea what you are doing. "Playing" the game and looking through this forum tells me you don't have a clue what you are doing. Is there any progress made in the case of the unaccessavle Initiates chests? The chest you cannot open because no connection can be made? Does not seem so. This is just another total failure from Ubisoft.

Mr_Shade
12-30-2014, 05:23 PM
That still does not answer the question why players could play for several days without a problem. As far as I am concerned after Ubisoft accepted the key they are responsible when they suddenly want to revoke the key. I doubt if the current practice is legal in most countries. You accepted the key so the customer could expect that there is nothing wrong with the key.

The fact that you suddenly revoke keys does make me wonder if you have any idea what you are doing. "Playing" the game and looking through this forum tells me you don't have a clue what you are doing. Is there any progress made in the case of the unaccessavle Initiates chests? The chest you cannot open because no connection can be made? Does not seem so. Another total failure from Ubisoft.
Keys can be revoked when flagged - this can happen after you activate them, due to the checks required - however it's your retailer who should be able to resolve this issue - either with a full refund - so you can buy the game again from a legitimate site, like Uplay or Origin / Steam or they can issue another key - I would advise against another key from the same site though - since it's possible they can be revoked again - if it's happened once.

If you have issues with keys - you should contact the retailer directly - since they have to resolve this one way or the other.

Initiates chests should open - you WILL get an error message [as the pinned thread states] - however if you click past this the chest will open.

AntiChrist7
12-30-2014, 11:32 PM
While I'm sure Ubisoft has it reasons, it is somewhat "rude" to do so without any foreword or explanation/announcement. A sticky topic wouldn't have been that much effort.

Is g2a the only seller that will be banned or are you gonna add more to the list?

jeffies04
12-31-2014, 07:18 AM
Use an official reseller and it will likely not happen again :)

DudeB4rt
12-31-2014, 10:51 AM
Use an official reseller and it will likely not happen again :)
So tell me, where is the list with all official resellers worldwide? Couldn't find it.

I assume that Ubisoft sells these keys to shops. So if a shop has a key that is working, it is an official reseller. Because if it was an illegal key, it wouldn't work in the first place, and then I could get my money back immediately. However, the key worked for weeks, so this seems a ****-up from Ubisoft. I might be wrong, but since Ubisoft isn't telling me anything, there is no way to know that.

AntiChrist7
12-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Or at least a fixed list with sellers that are not official. Now there is insecurity whether the key you got is of a recognised reseller, and if it isnt, whether it will be banned in the future...

strigoi1958
12-31-2014, 11:04 AM
Some shops buy 3rd party keys... from different places and regions. A key may be a lot cheaper in one region than another and if used inappropriately it would be void after a few weeks ... or a key may have been for promotional use only or illegally generated or only for sale with a graphics card and obtained without a card... there are many reasons as to why the key code may no longer be valid but I'm not sure if any of the mods can shed any light on the matter. Sorry mate... I feel for you, I've been ripped off by an ebay code before so I know what it is like.
If you keep on at Ubi support and twitter, Facebook maybe they might see you are the victim and might help out.

Mr_Shade
12-31-2014, 11:09 AM
If you keep on at Ubi support and twitter, Facebook maybe they might see you are the victim and might help out.

Unfortunately, Ubisoft is not able to exchange revoked codes - people need to contact the retailer for a refund.

JesperKlippel
12-31-2014, 02:00 PM
I bought the game from G2A, and I could play it for 2 weeks, then it got banned. YOUR problem Ubisoft. Fix your ****. Or this might be the last time I pay for one of your product.
This really pisses me off. You could ban the product, of course. But why don't you explain why? And yeah, I don't buy at official retailers because I don't wanna pay €50 for a poorly optimized game.
Also, G2A says we have to contact Ubisoft Support.

Dont get me wrong, I love Ubisoft games, they're awesome.

- Jesper

DudeB4rt
12-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately, Ubisoft is not able to exchange revoked codes - people need to contact the retailer for a refund.
I am 100% sure that Ubisoft can. But they won't. Saying they can't is complete ********.

similarly
12-31-2014, 04:48 PM
It's not Ubisoft's problem. You didn't buy from Ubisoft. You bought from G2A.

Okay, let's put this in perspective.

If I go to Mitsubishi and buy a car and there's a problem, Mitsubishi owes me repairs (or a new car). However, if I go to some guy on a street corner and buy his car, and then the police show up and take it back because it turned out it was stolen, that's not Mitsubishi's fault. That's the fault of the guy who sold it to me.

Same here. A quick google search shows complaints about G2A. Maybe you should have bought from Uplay or Steam.

dargor5
12-31-2014, 05:34 PM
I always buy game on G2A, once I had a bad key (it said it was already activated on another account) so I email them about it, after some words with support I got another key that did work, talk to G2A they can be easier to deal with than Ubisoft

Zmidd
12-31-2014, 09:08 PM
It's not Ubisoft's problem. You didn't buy from Ubisoft. You bought from G2A.

Okay, let's put this in perspective.

If I go to Mitsubishi and buy a car and there's a problem, Mitsubishi owes me repairs (or a new car). However, if I go to some guy on a street corner and buy his car, and then the police show up and take it back because it turned out it was stolen, that's not Mitsubishi's fault. That's the fault of the guy who sold it to me.

Same here. A quick google search shows complaints about G2A. Maybe you should have bought from Uplay or Steam.

Except that's not what's happening. To use your analogy, it's as if you bought a Mitsubishi off a guy on a street corner, with no hint of any wrong-doing on his or your part, then, one day, you find your car has simply disappeared from your driveway. When you go to phone the police, you find a voicemail message on your phone from Mitsubishi telling you they have taken back your car, and they refuse to say why, telling you to ask the guy you bought the car from instead.

strigoi1958
01-01-2015, 02:26 AM
regardless of why it was revoked.... and without an analogy. Ubi must feel they have a right to do it. Going back to G2a should get you another key as they sold you something not fit for purpose. As I'm going to guess G2a probably don't want to discuss with Ubi where they obtained the code.
Hope you get it sorted.

strigoi1958
01-01-2015, 05:42 AM
Although a more relevant analogy would be... you buy theatre tickets online... you get to the theatre and after 15 minutes they ask you to leave as the tickets are invalid (because they are only for relatives of the actors) and have been sold illegally. You have no course of action against the theatre, the tickets did not come directly from them but via a 3rd party who sold them to the online ticket site. you are entitled to replacement tickets or a full refund from the online site.

DudeB4rt
01-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Although a more relevant analogy would be... you buy theatre tickets online... you get to the theatre and after 15 minutes they ask you to leave as the tickets are invalid (because they are only for relatives of the actors) and have been sold illegally. You have no course of action against the theatre, the tickets did not come directly from them but via a 3rd party who sold them to the online ticket site. you are entitled to replacement tickets or a full refund from the online site.
Then the theatre should have printed on the tickets that they are for relatives of the actors only. How hard is it to inform people?

Erfivur
01-02-2015, 10:44 AM
These third party keys sites come with risks, if you don't know where a key is coming from you need to take stock of the gamble you're taking and understand there are risks involved.
(Been recently involved in a discussion on a forum where, technically, Steam have every right to ban an entire steam account for buying one of these cheap keys if it came from a different region, not that they have enforced it as of yet.)

Looks like you got one of a batch of bad keys from G2A, complain to G2A.
Even if Ubisoft do owe you or can get you an explanation of why they revoked your cd key, it'll be via customer support, not the forums.
This is simply not the place to have this discussion but it has netted you the best advise to get you in the game again, fire a complaint at G2A.

similarly
01-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Yes, it would be nice if ubisoft would tell you WHY the key was banned, and strictly from a business perspective, if it were MY business, I would. However, I'd say your best bet is to talk to G2A support.

K1r0ck
01-17-2015, 11:07 PM
Ubisoft Banned my 3 CD-keys Assassins Creed Unity! Support dont want to help and answer my questions once at 2-3 weeks!:mad: So i didnt get free game, lost my money. Internet store will never refund or give new keys! I will NEVER AGAIN buy Ubisoft games. Ubisoft is dead for me FOREVER:mad:

dargor5
01-17-2015, 11:13 PM
Ubisoft Banned my 3 CD-keys Assassins Creed Unity! Support dont want to help and answer my questions once at 2-3 weeks!:mad: So i didnt get free game, lost my money. Internet store will never refund or give new keys! I will NEVER AGAIN buy Ubisoft games. Ubisoft is dead for me FOREVER:mad:

Were all of them from g2a?

YOLOTHEBOSS
01-23-2015, 07:39 PM
this thing happened me today also bought key from g2a.com how do u guys fixed this thing ?

Shaddov
01-23-2015, 07:43 PM
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct forum but I'll do it anyway.
My problem is the following:
I went to the g2a.com, bought Assassins Creed Unity, got the code for the game and everything was working fine. I downloaded te game and played for a bit. The last time I played was around 5 hours ago, now my game suddenly vanished from my game library. I found the code and reentered it. Then a message popped up: "This CD Key or Activation Code has been banned. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support"
Since the Ubisoft Support apparently doesn't work for me I thought I'd try my luck here. Any suggestions on what I should do?

jeffies04
01-23-2015, 07:49 PM
This is pretty common. g2a is notorious for this.

This usually happens when an unofficial code-seller (such as g2a) is obtaining their codes through shady or nefarious means. You'll need to take it up with g2a.

Shaddov
01-23-2015, 08:01 PM
I bought Watchdogs months ago... a bit later AC4... from g2a... no problems whatsoever.
I also bought several other games from g2a and I've never had any issues. The thing that's bugging me the most is that I already played the game and now, out of nowhere, it's gone

YazX_
01-23-2015, 08:18 PM
this thing happened me today also bought key from g2a.com how do u guys fixed this thing ?

You need to contact G2A and ask for a refund since the seller you bought game from either selling stolen keys or black listed ones.

dargor5
01-23-2015, 08:37 PM
I bought Watchdogs months ago... a bit later AC4... from g2a... no problems whatsoever.
I also bought several other games from g2a and I've never had any issues. The thing that's bugging me the most is that I already played the game and now, out of nowhere, it's gone

I haven't have any issue and been buying from them for a while, did you purchase of the marketplace or the G2A offer? I read a lot to be weary of the marketplace on G2A it might seen way cheaper than even G2A's offer but some people that had this kind of trouble bought from the marketplace.

Another think that pops in my head might be some sensitive content is that if you had any files from the game acquired the "alternative free way" it might get you banned if the cloud recognizes this, it happens on steam, not so sure about uplay.

JelleDekkers
01-23-2015, 09:21 PM
This is why I only buy from Steam...

Shaddov
01-23-2015, 10:19 PM
I haven't have any issue and been buying from them for a while, did you purchase of the marketplace or the G2A offer? I read a lot to be weary of the marketplace on G2A it might seen way cheaper than even G2A's offer but some people that had this kind of trouble bought from the marketplace.

Another think that pops in my head might be some sensitive content is that if you had any files from the game acquired the "alternative free way" it might get you banned if the cloud recognizes this, it happens on steam, not so sure about uplay.

I have always used the g2a offer plus g2a shield and I haven't acquired any game files the "alternative free way".
I contacted g2a about this and they told me to get into contact with the Ubisoft support first to find out WHY the Key was banned.
Their message:
"Please send us some screenshots including:
- the error message which shows up after entering the activation key
- your Uplay games library (set on all games)
- a reply from Uplay support as to when and why this code had been banned"
I already submitted a ticket to the Ubisoft support but from my experience this might take more than a few days...

Alphacos007
01-23-2015, 10:23 PM
This is why I only buy from Steam...

Yea, because Steam has anything to do with it...

dargor5
01-24-2015, 12:41 AM
I have always used the g2a offer plus g2a shield and I haven't acquired any game files the "alternative free way".
I contacted g2a about this and they told me to get into contact with the Ubisoft support first to find out WHY the Key was banned.
Their message:
"Please send us some screenshots including:
- the error message which shows up after entering the activation key
- your Uplay games library (set on all games)
- a reply from Uplay support as to when and why this code had been banned"
I already submitted a ticket to the Ubisoft support but from my experience this might take more than a few days...

I think this is wrong from Ubisoft, if your key getgs banned they should tell you the reason instantly

similarly
01-24-2015, 12:49 AM
I have to agree, that Ubisoft should tell people WHY a key was banned.

Stat_jack
01-24-2015, 01:18 AM
The Same Happened to me now and they told me to get in touch with the support to know the reason

SsoulSslayer
01-24-2015, 04:33 AM
same error here Y.Y

D8V6P
01-24-2015, 07:42 AM

G2A is not an official reseller of Ubisoft Codes - and as such, Ubisoft does not supply them directly - so we have no control over codes they may obtain via different methods.

I was a lover of video games.. But after stupid crap like this, I'm done.. It's not like it used to be. I payed for this game and enjoyed playing it when I first got it. I haven't been on much this month but decided hey I'm going to enjoy an hour of this and I come to find that suddenly my key is banned? Really? Ubisoft really has nothing better to do then to put it's resources into pissing people off? Ubisoft you have been the worst since watch dogs with dumping down it's graphics and forcing your stupid launcher on steam. I stopped playing all electronic arts games because they pulled **** like this.. And you know what, I'm done with you ubisoft.. I have played all the assassins creeds but I'm stopping here. It is not worth being treated like a dollar sign to enjoy a good game. YOUR A SOLD OUT, GREEDY CORPORATION! I look forward to the day corporations like you fall apart.. I'm not doubting that allot of people are doing the same

xenomorph-lv426
01-24-2015, 09:20 AM
I got the same problem. Got the game as a present from my father on jan 17, could play until yesterday. When i started uplay to play some more Unity the game was missing, no e-mail whatsoever why it was removed. When entering the key again i got the message it was banned, nice, good way to enjoy a present.

DeM0N611
01-24-2015, 09:55 AM
i've bought game from g2a.com too and have same problem and ubisoft support is not aswering ****in ticket.!!:mad::mad:

itisbelas
01-24-2015, 11:14 AM
I went to the g2a store, bought the assassins creed unity game, got the code for the game, put the game code in to the uplay software, downloaded the game and everything was fine, i launched the game to check if everything was alright and it was, but then a month later, my game suddenly vanished from my game library, i found the code and put it back in , then a message popped upp: this cd key or activation code has been banned, so why has this happened? :mad:

so, i bought the game from g2a, a gaming site that is safe to buy from, got the key put it in and now it's banned, why??? :confused::confused:

This happened to me yesterday and G2A refused to do something about that unless i supply the response from Ubisoft why the key is banned!!!
This was the first AC game i purchased for the PC. I have all other on PS3.

Terrible support from both parties G2A as well as Ubisoft.
Now i need to wait for a reply to send it over to G2A to get the game i purchased and hopefully play it again in a week or two.
I mean what kind of ******** is that ?! I blame Uplay in that case because they should have send some kind of notification WHY AC was deleted from my account???

Mr_Shade
01-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately support won't be able to tell you why it was revoked when purchased from a non official key seller - G2A should know though, assuming they wish to say.

I will see if I can get an official statement, which you guys can use for G2A - however others have been ok getting refunds without one?

xenomorph-lv426
01-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately support won't be able to tell you why it was revoked when purchased from a non official key seller - G2A should know though, assuming they wish to say.

I will see if I can get an official statement, which you guys can use for G2A - however others have been ok getting refunds without one?

I got the same problem. Got the game as a present from my father on jan 17, could play until yesterday. When i started uplay to play some more Unity the game was missing, no e-mail whatsoever why it was removed. When entering the key again i got the message it was banned, nice, good way to enjoy a present.

It would be great if you could give us some kind of information why the keys are getting banned.

Mr_Shade
01-24-2015, 01:24 PM
The simple answer - is G2A not an official reseller however I will see if I can explain things a little better.

Kyis
01-24-2015, 01:25 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem as many persons have in this topic.

When I contact G2A they ask for a :

"a reply from Uplay support as to when and why this code had been banned"

How can we have this reply from Ubisoft.

Sdwakias
01-24-2015, 01:40 PM
So tell me, where is the list with all official resellers worldwide? Couldn't find it.

I assume that Ubisoft sells these keys to shops. So if a shop has a key that is working, it is an official reseller. Because if it was an illegal key, it wouldn't work in the first place, and then I could get my money back immediately. However, the key worked for weeks, so this seems a ****-up from Ubisoft. I might be wrong, but since Ubisoft isn't telling me anything, there is no way to know that.

The official resellers are Steam and any shop that sells physical CDs in YOUR area. If you buy a physical copy from USA and activate it in Europe, and then it gets banned, then it's still not the game's company's problem. G2A is not reliable for ANY DRM game activated through Steam, Origin and UPlay. Especially with how Valve's recently change of handling bought games, don't find it weird if you see a game being removed. At the very least, be happy you are not banned. A friend of mine got banned from Steam (can't buy/redeem) any games now because he activated a copy of a game that was bought in Russia...

dargor5
01-24-2015, 03:45 PM
The simple answer - is G2A not an official reseller however I will see if I can explain things a little better.

MrShade Im sorry but this is not a proper response. Ubi should be in the obligation of telling why a key was banned, that's like having your driver's licence taken by the poloce without even a ticked, is not fair to the customer. The fact that g2a is not official retailer doesnt give ubi the right to hide the reason for banning

Mr_Shade
01-24-2015, 04:05 PM
MrShade Im sorry but this is not a proper response. Ubi should be in the obligation of telling why a key was banned, that's like having your driver's licence taken by the poloce without even a ticked, is not fair to the customer. The fact that g2a is not official retailer doesnt give ubi the right to hide the reason for banning

G2A is not an official reseller - Ubisoft wouldn't supply them directly - so I can't begin to speculate how they obtained the keys.

If you want to know why a key is banned - you should talk to the seller.

SverreDahl
01-24-2015, 04:23 PM
I ordered Assassin's Creed Unity from G2A.com using G2A Shield 12/31/2014. The game worked when I activated it. Earlier today (1/24/2015) when I tried to open the game, Uplay told me to activate the game. I found the key I ordered and tried to activate the game again. Then Uplay told me the key is banned. Can you help me?

andrew.you
01-24-2015, 04:51 PM
G2A is not an official reseller - Ubisoft wouldn't supply them directly - so I can't begin to speculate how they obtained the keys.

so let me see if i understand this correctly , if one persons sees a product ( assasins's creed unity ) cheaper some place else other then ubi store, before he buys that CHEAPER product he should always check if that store is an official resaler ? i mean srsly ? suppose the person in question is someone who doenst know how to operate an pc that well ...
when that store got the key, ubisoft got payed for it, someone buyed that cdkey from ubisoft, maybe cheaper than ubistore, but they still got money for it.

what gives ubi the right to ban ? except you are saying the cdkeys were stolen ... now if youre saying that, can you provide proof so we can got back to g2a and demand our money back ?

TownyTownsman
01-24-2015, 05:02 PM
This happened to me, eventually I got a refund, you need to submit a ticket to G2A with the email support@g2a.com explaining your situation. Make sure to have screenshots of your G2A purchase email with order ID and the game key you were given. Constantly pester them until they give you a refund, for good measure I submitted a PayPal dispute too, and after about 3 weeks I got a refund then re-purchased the game on Steam.

Mr_Shade
01-24-2015, 05:04 PM
so let me see if i understand this correctly , if one persons sees a product ( assasins's creed unity ) cheaper some place else other then ubi store, before he buys that CHEAPER product he should always check if that store is an official resaler ? i mean srsly ? suppose the person in question is someone who doenst know how to operate an pc that well ...
when that store got the key, ubisoft got payed for it, someone buyed that cdkey from ubisoft, maybe cheaper than ubistore, but they still got money for it.

what gives ubi the right to ban ? except you are saying the cdkeys were stolen ... now if youre saying that, can you provide proof so we can got back to g2a and demand our money back ?

Ubisoft did not sell any keys to G2A - since they are not an official reseller.

They should not be selling just the Product Key - all other retailers sell the product key as a package [Product Key and game files]

Individuals selling keys on the site - I can't speculate how they are able to sell a game for less than a quarter of retail [in some cases] - as seen on places such as Amazon etc.

It's a case of buyer beware when you see something too good to be true.

You should be entitled to get a refund so I suggest you start the process with G2A

Mr_Shade
01-24-2015, 05:10 PM
Hi,

G2A are not an official reseller - as such Ubisoft have never supplied games to them, I suggest you contact them directly and ask for a refund of your purchase.

@TownyTownsman thanks for your advice :)

andrew.you
01-24-2015, 05:14 PM
I did start the refund process, thing is they request a reason for the ban, wich seems intitled because i may have used some sort of cheats , whatever ...so they require a proof of why the key was banned .... how can i answer that when ubisoft is quiet ?

dargor5
01-24-2015, 05:37 PM
This happened to me, eventually I got a refund, you need to submit a ticket to G2A with the email support@g2a.com explaining your situation. Make sure to have screenshots of your G2A purchase email with order ID and the game key you were given. Constantly pester them until they give you a refund, for good measure I submitted a PayPal dispute too, and after about 3 weeks I got a refund then re-purchased the game on Steam.

This is good advise, the treads should be merged

Mr_Shade
01-24-2015, 05:46 PM
This is good advise, the treads should be merged

done.

neunkornett014
01-24-2015, 06:32 PM
So, as of yesterday I've also got my CD key for AC Unity banned, except I did buy my game at gamesrocket.de, which I thought was actually an authorized store.

So I'd like to know if gamesrocket.de is actually an authorized reseller and whether I should take this issue to Ubisoft support or to gamesrocket.de?

Mr_Shade
01-24-2015, 06:36 PM
So, as of yesterday I've also got my CD key for AC Unity banned, except I did buy my game at gamesrocket.de, which I thought was actually an authorized store.

So I'd like to know if gamesrocket.de is actually an authorized reseller and whether I should take this issue to Ubisoft support or to gamesrocket.de?

Please contact Ubisoft support and they will be able to investigate.

Longgshot
01-24-2015, 06:49 PM
I know buying from certain shops can cause trouble sometimes with some keys, but Ubisoft is beeing a pure ******bag with this.

Think a bout it, they banned the keys on a friday, before the weekend a time when people play the most, and to make it worse they don't have customer support on weekends.
To top it off its when the club competition happens.

The fact that they doesn't inform you in any way why the key was removed (i dont know exactly if thats legal if you accepted the key in the first place) doesn't help either,
And its pretty stupid, since an automated mail with a few lines of text that change depending on the user and the reason banned would save them quite a lot of money and time, because less customer support will be needed.

Igneous01
01-24-2015, 06:52 PM
I'm just going to quote something I wrote in the FarCry 4 thread, because its relevant here too. Perhaps Ubisoft should actually make a decision regarding sellers?

Here is the one thing I dont understand. Please shed some light on this for me.

If these keys are banned because the retailer is not 'official', then why does Ubisoft allow these people to purchase keys in wholesale without question? What do they think a guy that orders 100 keys is going to do? Activate it on 100 of his personal accounts or something? Of course he is a seller, and he is going to sell the keys.

I just dont understand, they have no issues if a customer buys a thousand dollars worth of keys from them, but they have a big problem with them being sold afterward? Are you kidding me? What kind of strategy is that?

If Ubisoft doesn't want unofficial sellers of their products, they should deny those customers from being able to complete the purchase in the first place. So, this is clearly a case of Ubisoft being unsure whether they accept these unofficial retailers such as kinguin as friends or not. Clearly the higher ups haven't decided what they want to do yet.

andrew.you
01-24-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm just going to quote something I wrote in the FarCry 4 thread, because its relevant here too. Perhaps Ubisoft should actually make a decision regarding sellers?

they get "some" money from selling those keys, then banned them, then some of those people might , just might rebuy the game, so that equals more money .... easy.

leroy198529
01-25-2015, 03:11 AM
yeah this just happened to me too, g2a.com, ive allready opened dispute and emailed g2a but i just know theyre gonna say, why was it banned and to provide proof, ubi really should tell us why because then we can at least get a refund, its not us that have done anything wrong, not everyone can afford the prices they charge for games these days so we try get the cheapest we can, i mean why wouldnt they tell us ? thats what i dont get. mr shade please do youre best to get some sort of response that we can screenshot and send to g2a.com so we can at least get a refund, i told them alot of people are getting there keys banned so i doubt very much its something weve done ourselves that got it banned, wich by asking us to provide a reason is what theyre implying to try and get out of giving us a refund

they must be getting a hell of alot of complaints by now so arnt gonna want to give us refund thats for sure

ubisoft are just so fking greedy

driskull
01-25-2015, 04:04 AM
My key got banned for some reason too. I purchased from http://play-sc.com/ a few weeks ago and as of this weekend it's no longer working. If you're going to let me activate it and play up until now and then ban, then you are forcing me to not buy your games anymore. Is this the kind of user experience you want your customers to have? Isn't the crappy FPS and bugs with this game enough?

When I could have had a better experience pirating this game, there's a problem.

jeffies04
01-25-2015, 04:29 AM
I can possibly see why they think they need to do this to protect themselves from leaked keys, but Ubisoft should be giving a better response to folks when keys get banned. It's not fair to someone who thinks they just got a good deal on the game. Even something as simple as "this key has been identified from a batch of keys that were hacked/illegally distributed/sharted/etc." and give people some idea of how to get their game working again. Banning keys with impunity with no explanation is deterring players from the product and/or driving them towards other means.

That being said, I do avoid these sites for this exact reason. Buyer beware, as unfortunate as it is.

RedLeo_Inc
01-25-2015, 06:35 AM
Got the same problem, here. Still downloading 51% then in the next day, uplay update and when resuming downloading, there is no ACU in my lib, When entering the key again, uplay said it was banned.

MarcEastSun
01-25-2015, 09:10 AM
my unity and watch dog had same problem。ubisoft should tell everyone the reason。

infamous2117
01-25-2015, 12:30 PM
Reading through this thread i have realised this is classic "Passing the buck" to the next guy

G2A Has also told me to get a reason for the ban from ubisoft, yet the ubisoft admin in this thread states "they should know why it was banned"

Clearly neither of you do, or you just wont say why.

Either way you have a lot of disgruntled customers.

Ubisoft clearly knows all of the terrible issues this game has, so why AS A CUSTOMER wouldnt we want to get it as cheap as possible from a seamingly legitimate and well known seller, although you state "They are not an authourised re seller"

As mentioned earlier are we to scour the internet looking for an "authorized re seller" before purchasing what we assume is a great deal?

I have submitted a ticket to ubisoft customer support asking why my key was banned, ill be interested as to what the answer will be.

Even if i do get a refund, i have waisted weeks of progression on this game, if i was a pirate i could have just obtained it illegally and played my heart out....

But no i purchased it like a good little to consumer only to be banned with no reason and no communication.

Although they may be responable for supplying the key UBISOFT has to know why the key was banned, as THEY BANNED IT.

This is not the way to treat paying customers.:mad:

infamous2117
01-25-2015, 12:34 PM

What about all of your progression? Are you still able to start where you left off?

leroy198529
01-25-2015, 12:56 PM
ok guys this is the reply i got from ubi on the matter

I'm sorry but unfortunately the retailer you bought the key from is not on our list of approved retailers, we do not either sell or promote retailers to sell games and keys separately. I recommend you return to the point of purchase to address this issue with them.

Please either use a printout or the reference number: "0195558" in your communication with the retailer.

im not sure what this number actualy is, but i hope it gets me a refund, why would ubi want me to give them this reference number ?

i have sent g2a an email with, all the screenshots they could possibly ever want, so wish me luck getting a refund though if i dont its not the end of the world, it was only 13 quid lol stil moneys money, go towards a proper version

i knew the risk though when i got it, i thought hhmmm this seems a bit to good to be true, but i used them for guild wars 2 and it was fine, anywa i think ubi have given me the reason and that its simply because theyre not allowed to sell keys seperate, ubi must have a list and our keys dont match or something with the ofifical retailers

jesuv0
01-25-2015, 01:43 PM
I had bought my code that worked for a week on gamesync and now i can not play it anymore.
Does someone know more about this or is ubisoft **** tarded?

darji8114
01-25-2015, 03:30 PM

I am sorry for asking but why don't you guys go after these sellers then instead of the people buying. Especially G2A is promoted on nearly every Twitch stream. There is no way people will know that it is not official. There is not even an official list as far I know to see which are legit and which are not.....

Honestly. I do not have the Money to pay 60 Euro for some games I am only a little interested in and I have to chose. If I know have to fear my game to be banned because I bought it through an offer. I will rather not buy any games anymore even if they are legit or not since I do not know...

At least give us an official list for everyone to see so we can avoid these sellers.

Ryk_Feral
01-25-2015, 03:47 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/purchase/index.aspx

Official seller list - US version.
With most games......check the games site, then go to the buy section, and they will tell you where to officially buy them from.

darji8114
01-25-2015, 03:52 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/purchase/index.aspx

Official seller list - US version.
With most games......check the games site, then go to the buy section, and they will tell you where to officially buy them from.

Yeah So no Steam no Playstationstore? Great List. This is not an official list. And there are also quite a few digital seller which are legit as well. But there is no way to find out who. I want a real official list of legit Digital seller like nuuvem for example.

What you showed was a promotional thingy not a actual list.

HamilcarRR
01-25-2015, 03:52 PM
hello,as said in the title,my game key has been banned...
I don't know why by the way...
there are no messages explaining that ban...
I am extremely disappointed by the way ubisoft is handling things...extremely.
when you ban people,why don't you specify the reason?

dargor5
01-25-2015, 04:08 PM
hello,as said in the title,my game key has been banned...
I don't know why by the way...
there are no messages explaining that ban...
I am extremely disappointed by the way ubisoft is handling things...extremely.
when you ban people,why don't you specify the reason?

Start with were did you purchase your key

HamilcarRR
01-25-2015, 04:16 PM
Start with were did you purchase your key

It was from G2A

tcarlisle2012
01-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Hello,

I obtained a key through what I thought was an authorized/legit 3rd party at the end of December and yesterday my key got banned. I didn't even think to contact Ubisoft to complain or ask for help, but I can see how people would think this is a Ubisoft issue because the key "worked" for a period of time, and it was Ubisoft's action to ban the key.

This is a digital rights management (DRM) issue. Certainly everyone can understand that game publishers have to take measures to prevent piracy of their work, because for whatever reason people don't view stealing a piece of software as an equal moral crime as walking into WalMart and stealing a hard copy of a DVD. Anti-piracy measures often do impact paying customers in the form of inconvenience or restrictions, such as in the olden days requiring a physical CD or DVD to be in the drive in order to play the game.

One common way DRM is done is through key codes. It is not possible to hard code all the possible key codes into the game code, and not include any that aren't yet sold, because once you buy the game the game wouldn't know about your transaction. So there have to be unused keys within the game code, and when you buy a code from Ubisoft (in this case) or a partner such as Steam, you can rest assured that the code you bough will work for good.

You can probably guess that the keys are driven by an algorithm so that the key can be traced to where it was (or should have been) sold from. I am sure Ubisoft knows which keys are from their direct sales, steam, etc. and I doubt you'll ever find a case where these keys did not work or got banned.

So how can a key work at first? Simple - someone found a way to break the algorithm and obtain a code from the "not yet sold" pool of codes the game can recognize and sold one to you. But that doesn't mean you are home free yet.

The second part of code-based DRM involves tracking the codes in use and trying to enforce and police that only properly procured codes work indefinitely. In the olden days, before games were Internet connected, people could and did "share" copies of games by sharing their CD key. You were supposed to register your CD key and tie it to your email address, phone number, or something. Then when you call for support they know you are a legit paying customer... of if they've seen 500 registries against the same code they would know that 499 of them are thieves and 1 was a purchaser but enabler of thievery so they didn't mind pissing that one guy off.

Or, people found ways to simply crack the key algorithm and use for their own use or sell to unsuspected buyers.

In this day and age, games don't even work if your don't connect the game to some online identity. That allows for a better player experience through multiplayer, online communities, etc. But that also allows the intellectual property owner to better enforce that only legit paying customers can play the game indefinitely, because they have direct visibility into everyone that is playing the game, the codes used to authorize the game, etc.

The unfortunate fact is that everyone that is impacted by a banned key is in that position because they have been sold a code that, for whatever reason, turns out to not be legit. The code may have been intended for use in Thailand where the game retails for $30 and the player's IP address obviously comes from the US where the game retails for $60. I am making that up as an example by the way, but yes games. movies, etc. have a different retail value in different countries due to local economic conditions, value of their currency, etc. So rather than say "tough" and charge Thailand people the equivalent of $60 USD, which most can't pay, publishers discount to be competitive in that local market.

But keys that should have gone to a non-US region that show up as coming from players in the US, will be considered invalid.

Another scenario is the business relationship between third-party and the publisher. Obviously Steam, Amazon, Best Buy etc. have some type of relationship and agreement with UbiSoft to re-sell the game digitally and issue codes. I am sure that relationship includes paying Ubisoft the agreed wholesale cost for each purchase, and the retailer gets a small margin. The wholesale cost is probably not $20, and hence why all the big retailers have the same price Ubisoft has.... $60 USD. But Ubisoft and the re sellers account for the number of copies sold and compensation back to Ubisoft.

The retailers selling this game at $25-$30 may or may not be operating within an agreement with Ubisoft. What is probably happening is these sellers have figured out how to crack the keys, or get a hold of a lot which they aren't entitled, or buy a lot on bad credit, fake bank account, stolen credit card etc. I am not saying the retailers that sell keys that end up getting banned are doing these illegal things. Some are, hopefully many are not. But they still, for whatever reason, haven't lived up to operating within some agreement with Ubisoft to be able to sell the game.

I was very disappointed when the key I bought for $35 USD went banned. Despite my best attempts to research the seller and not finding any rip-off reports, etc. I obviously ended up in the middle of an attempt to deprive Ubisoft of the rightful compensation for use of their intellectual property.

I bought my first copy through Steam for a steep discount in November as gift to my Son... I can't recall if it was $19.99 or $29.99, but it was not $59. Obviously a sale like that would be done in accordance with an agreement from the wholesaler. The site I bought from "explained" why they can offer the game for $35 USD and that was because they purchase codes in volume, etc. So I bought into it when I wanted a second copy for myself. Clearly, I was misled since my code got banned a handful of weeks later.

I contacted that seller promptly, and gave them two options -- either an immediate refund or that they would work out whatever issue is between THEM and Ubisoft and get me working within 4 hours. They tried to talk me into giving them "time" to investigate and get back to me, but at that point I know what I was dealing with and what they would try to do -- which is to get me off their case and then not reply to future communications, etc.

I told them either refund for that I would detail the experience on my blog for others to be ware and I would track down their legal entity and file a small claim lawsuit and asked if that was worth $30. The response I got back (in support chat) was "No, it isn't." and then they proceeded to refund my PayPal account.

This is what people who got pulled into this issue need to do -- pin it on your retailer and force them to make it right. The retailer will try to direct you to Ubisoft just to get you off their case.

That being said.... Ubisoft needs to re-examine their process around enforcing DRM to include some form of forewarning notification, explanation of the above, etc. But perhaps they have tried that in the past and it just ends up costing them a lot of money handling the complaints that will arise from the people that won't get that this is a retailer issue.

Ubisoft also needs to also examine that households with multiple players sharing one PC should NOT have to buy multiple $60 copies of the game. This gets back to the issue of not being able to have multiple save files, profiles, etc. Since each player needs and online account and such which adds to the cost of Ubisoft's operations, I could understand a fee of $10-$15 for additional players/profiles.

However, I am sure that if the above was done, that would be another mechanism that would be exploited to deprive Ubisoft from their rightful revenue (by "selling" the additional profiles to others as another complete copy of the game).

Thank you,
Tom C

Ryk_Feral
01-25-2015, 04:38 PM
That was why.
G2A keys are being banned because they weren't authorized to sell.

koumatrix
01-25-2015, 04:51 PM
not authorized??? AND HOW THE **** THEY FOUND CD KEYS THAT WORK. and how did i entered the cd key? and how i played for 1 week + and now i got banned for nothing. are u ****ing kidding me? i also bought from g2a a prepaid 60 days for WoW will they ban my account too???? ARE YOU SERIOUS CO<PAMY"???? wtf is this ****

andrew.you
01-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Yeah So no Steam no Playstationstore? Great List. This is not an official list. And there are also quite a few digital seller which are legit as well. But there is no way to find out who. I want a real official list of legit Digital seller like nuuvem for example.

What you showed was a promotional thingy not a actual list.

basiclly they reserve the right to ban whatever key or game they please ? you people forgot about the thing you were signing when you got your free game for AC unity ? you know the thing that prevented you and all youre relatives from sueing Ubisoft for the rest of your lifes ? is that a thing that a consumer oritented company does ? i mean really ... wake up .

back in the rainbow six, ghost recon , splinter cell days i was a ubi fan, now ... lets just say i had enought !

koumatrix
01-25-2015, 05:22 PM

so g2a is not partner with you?and u saying u dont know how they found dozens of cd keys that were enabled for more than a month in your company? that means ur have a huge security lick. that means we dont care about your in company problems,so if i see in my country an physical or non physucal copy for 10 euro that means its tricky and i should not buy it because i will get banned? ARE YOU DEAD SERIOUS? were in the comercial law have u seen that written? do you want people to start reading laws just to prove you , that your policie is wrong? remove the bans. people payed for a game that worked we didnt cheated on you? or you saying we did???? MAybe we are hackers??? will u accuse us for this????? i will be gladly to go on the court for a trial with you, accuse us for anything,

so its ok in the comercial law for a company to sell a product that is not finished or it has problems for a full price, and insist that this is the product. but its forbiden to buy from somewhere else cheaper product from you? how should we know if g2a or other sites bought 10.000 keys from you for better price and thats the reason they sell so cheap? we should check it? g2a is legit for other companies. they do that for years they are all over the internet. and you sir ban people for no reason because gues what? YOU DONT HAVE THE DIGNITY to say WHY you ban people, we should wait for weeks for an answer on email. not even phone call. for the major **** up your company did.

ITS YOUR SSECURIY breach. not ours. we payed we have receipts , your answere is to speak with g2a and have a new cd key. a new cd key for what? so u ban us again and lose our saves ? because u dont hire emploees? so they speak with us? and u throw us to g2a? take your pick. this thing will end badly and will have huge impact in ubisoft. not g2a! UBISOFT

BuckyDingo
01-25-2015, 05:27 PM
http://gyazo.com/6b704f632d0a4098cbfd83929669580d

http://gyazo.com/3798937e5a9cfa2dc3e315ffd9356b66

Eyup, even buying through Kinguin even earns you a good ol ****ing key removal. Ubisofts business practice is a load of **** at this rate. Kinguin specifically stated when i purchased the key from the seller it was offically recognized by ubisoft and was an authorized seller. Now they pull this **** and remove it. Luckily it was only $32 but i am ****ing salty about this. Ubisoft, if you didn't take such a ****ty business ethic with your customers, we may have paid full price but instead you ****ing screwed with your retail base and lost our trust, this is just putting the bullet in the head now.

sirsarp
01-25-2015, 07:56 PM
same.. my g2a.com third party keys of farcry 4 and ac unity keys gone. i have contacted of g2a's live supported and been told to contact ubisoft first then screenshot the reply and send your complaint to https://www.g2a.com/mpcomplaint

lets see that if g2a.com's guarentee fee works

SteveBruleMD
01-25-2015, 08:47 PM

Look, I know that you're just the mouthpiece for this terrible company, so I don't really blame you for their problems, but c'mon. G2A says talk to you guys, then Ubisoft says "not our problem, they're not an authorized dealer". Well then, maybe you should start some sort of litigation against unauthorized dealers? Or maybe you should put up a list of who we can buy from, and who we can't. Punishing your paying customers is only going to make things worse in the long run. I wouldn't even waste my bandwidth or time pirating an Ubisoft game after this. Between the buggy unoptomized Far Cry 4 and AC:Unity to some of the developers trashing PC gamers and saying we're all pirates and now this.

Biascape
01-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Same thing to me

Ubisoft pissed me off this time! I have 11 games in my uplay account, with all season pass and dlcs! I bought Far Cry 4 and ACU too, two terribly bugged and unoptimized games!
For ACU i bought season pass and weapons pack too on Uplay shop! now?!

I wrote to ubisoft, if it doesn't anything, from this moment i'll Pirate all them games!

ubisoft deserves nothing

PindaNL
01-25-2015, 10:30 PM
here too

got it from g2a on sale. g2a send me to ubisoft. im happy im not the only one. so ubisoft give us new keys. you guys deactivated without a reason. this is not a way to do it.

ChaosKill
01-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Let me try to explain what is happening. You bought a key on a site that is not an autorized seller of keys. This means that the keys did not originate from Ubisoft themselves.

The key you buy from those sites may be purchased from retail stores, may have been stolen (e.g. robbing a truck), may have been purchased with stolen creditcards (when that happens, the owner does a chargeback and the money gets returned, leaving Ubisoft with nothing) or any other way.

When your key gets banned, I'm sure it's because the key was obtained illegally. This would give them the right to ban those keys. When that happens, the seller (G2A, KINGUIN or whatever) is the one you should be mad at. They did not verify the origin of the key so they are liable. They should refund you.

I do think that Ubisoft should have informed the buyers which keys were banned. It would not be hard to program that in.

Biascape
01-25-2015, 11:09 PM
Let me try to explain what is happening. You bought a key on a site that is not an autorized seller of keys. This means that the keys did not originate from Ubisoft themselves.

The key you buy from those sites may be purchased from retail stores, may have been stolen (e.g. robbing a truck), may have been purchased with stolen creditcards (when that happens, the owner does a chargeback and the money gets returned, leaving Ubisoft with nothing) or any other way.

When your key gets banned, I'm sure it's because the key was obtained illegally. This would give them the right to ban those keys. When that happens, the seller (G2A, KINGUIN or whatever) is the one you should be mad at. They did not verify the origin of the key so they are liable. They should refund you.

I do think that Ubisoft should have informed the buyers which keys were banned. It would not be hard to program that in.

I don't mind if web store is authorized or not, Ubisoft must tell to customers where buy or not buy, customers can't know. If it's true, Ubisoft must start some sort of litigation against g2a. It's not my fault for others responsability

blackroseMD1
01-25-2015, 11:45 PM
I don't mind if web store is authorized or not...It's not my fault for others responsability

Well, you should mind, because it's your money you're spending. Ubisoft doesn't owe you anything. You bought a key from an unauthorized retailer. Ubisoft didn't enter your credit card details into that unauthorized dealer site, you did. It is your responsibility to do your research before you spend your money.

If you're buying a brand new $60 game for $20 from a website, it's in your best interest to research the site first. I've bought keys from G2A before, and I checked into the site before I ever put in my credit card details. I also knew that there was a risk I could get a bad key.

You most certainly have an argument, but it's not with Ubisoft. It's with G2A or Kinguin or whatever other site you bought your key from.

Biascape
01-26-2015, 12:00 AM
Well, you should mind, because it's your money you're spending. Ubisoft doesn't owe you anything. You bought a key from an unauthorized retailer. Ubisoft didn't enter your credit card details into that unauthorized dealer site, you did. It is your responsibility to do your research before you spend your money.

If you're buying a brand new $60 game for $20 from a website, it's in your best interest to research the site first. I've bought keys from G2A before, and I checked into the site before I ever put in my credit card details. I also knew that there was a risk I could get a bad key.

You most certainly have an argument, but it's not with Ubisoft. It's with G2A or Kinguin or whatever other site you bought your key from.

Probably not everyone knows which shop is authorized and what is not. I repeat, ubisoft should take legal action to G2A, not me; if i knew, i would not buy for sure

Biascape
01-26-2015, 12:11 AM
wow now the game has even disappeared from uplay! Ahahah ubisoft you are embarassing

PindaNL
01-26-2015, 12:18 AM

And tell me what if you bought the key from g2a.com and dlc, season pass directly from uplay store?
And why are we arguing with fellow forum users/members and not the devs or staff of the forum.
We want explanation from somebody who can do something about it and not just random users who states the obvious.

DualCaesar
01-26-2015, 01:15 AM
I bought Assassin's creed around Christmas and have play it since then, but when I turned my PC on, 25th January, and looked at my Uplay Library it was gone, I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue or not. also note that out my friends who own the game, Me and two others, only mine and one other friend's has gone Can anyone help?

BuckyDingo
01-26-2015, 02:14 AM
To the people trying to defend Ubisoft here: Stop.

You can say what you want about the dealers and that but the key point here is that what ubisoft has done is a complete **** around for people who didn't want to invest $90-$150 (limited edition or some **** included in that $$$ range) into a buggy broken product. The state of the game at launch and now is still incredibly bug ridden and has lots of issues that warrant a much lower price. While yes, purchasing from a 3rd party can go either way, Ubisoft is to blame since we received no warning about this or sites that were illegal to purchase Ubisoft products until Today. There has never been an issue with Kinguin or that in the past and for some reason now ubisoft is throwing a giant tannty about it and they wont tell us why either then a generic ubisoft response.

Ubisoft commonly goes on about how they're trying to repair their reputation and this isnt the way to do it. By telling people you HAVE to buy through Uplay/Steam or go into a retail store to purchase your product is rediciulous, we shouldn't have to invest up to $100 on a busted, broken product that they have so far not fixed entirely and there are still a wide load of issues in the game that they are yet to address and already with the announcement of Victory, its highly unlikely we will see this fixed. No matter how you try to defend ubisoft, you will be out played by those who have had experiences like this in the past with them, you can't attempt to justify this since they literally dropped a bomb on us and gave us no warning about it or who their authorized sellers were until today. So please Ubifanbois, shut up and let us get the message across that Ubisoft is a company that you can no longer trust.

Alphacos007
01-26-2015, 03:41 AM
It's not about defending Ubisoft, DingoSniper, it's about having notion of what you're doing. If you were to buy an iPhone, for example, that costs 500USD in an official store, and you found it for 300 in another store, you'd obviously think something is wrong. It's exactly the same case here. The game costs 60 and people bought keys from other sites for 40 or less. Obviously something is wrong there, there is no way for them to get the game with lower prices than the official store without going into the dark side.

Prime8games
01-26-2015, 03:58 AM
bought a game key off G2A.com about 3 days ago installed the game played it for around half hour went to play it today and boom wasnt there had to open a ticket to see why the key was banned bet its going to take ages :( uplay is a ****ing disaster sams as origin they should have not been greedy and stuck with steam :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

leroy19852010
01-26-2015, 04:45 AM
It's not about defending Ubisoft, DingoSniper, it's about having notion of what you're doing. If you were to buy an iPhone, for example, that costs 500USD in an official store, and you found it for 300 in another store, you'd obviously think something is wrong. It's exactly the same case here. The game costs 60 and people bought keys from other sites for 40 or less. Obviously something is wrong there, there is no way for them to get the game with lower prices than the official store without going into the dark side.

true but ubi could be doing more to stop it happening and inform people a bit better, maybe they should have a better verification for keys, so they arnt activated

driskull
01-26-2015, 05:07 AM

Not true, It's 36.45 on amazon (not digital download). The only reason I went with another site was to get the instant download.

strigoi1958
01-26-2015, 05:08 AM
It is just a matter of risk... I buy cheap keys from ebay but if they're bad paypal refund me... I buy from cdkeys.com as well but I realise there is a risk just like buying tickets from a ticket tout... people seem obsessed in knowing why ? well if ubi said right now these keys were for a specific region or were part of a promotion and not for sale to a 3rd party... it would bring the game back. Sometimes we get a bargain and sometimes we get stiffed but I go to whoever has my money.....

If a stadium refused me entry because I bought a ticket from a ticket tout (scalp) because the ticket was invalid... if I called the police they will not arrest someone from the stadium they'd go after the guy who sold me the ticket.

VladimirPwnz
01-26-2015, 08:50 AM
Dear Ubisoft!

I am mortified to see that my AC:U has been removed from my account due to it's purchase from G2A. May I ask why? You as a developer have released an unplayable unoptimised, game filled with bugs, crashes and fps drops, and we the players who purchased it have layed our trust in you and this is how you repay our trust? By taking the games away? I can't beleive you did not earn any money on our purchases from G2A. I would like to know if I get the game back or not. Basicly you just stolen the product from all of us. And in the future i'm never going to buy a Ubisoft game if i won't get it back. So please be kind and give back my game for wich i have payed almost full price! And stop stealing from your customers and patch the game instead because it is STILL unplayable. Or please stop producing games if you can't even hit a normal standard and sepp your rights.

Regards,
VladimirPwnz

I--Skeptik--I
01-26-2015, 09:06 AM
You do realize that the site you bought it from is run by foreign scumbags that get those keys "illegally" right? The keys get banned for a reason. Next time don't be so cheap and just play it safe and get retail. This is your own fault. Their advertising worked perfectly on you. Tempting you with something they claim they can sell to you for a cheaper price. The stores don't name their price on products, the company does, so that should have been a red flag right there. How do you think any reputable seller makes money on their product? They don't, they sold it to you for cheap because you would go to them first instead of buying it from Uplay or Steam. A $60 AAA title selling for less than $60? Another red flag. They sell it at a discounted price because it's easier to move "stolen" merchandise that way.

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. In this case.....it was.:(

ChaosKill
01-26-2015, 09:28 AM
To the people trying to defend Ubisoft here: Stop.

You can say what you want about the dealers and that but the key point here is that what ubisoft has done is a complete **** around for people who didn't want to invest $90-$150 (limited edition or some **** included in that $$$ range) into a buggy broken product. The state of the game at launch and now is still incredibly bug ridden and has lots of issues that warrant a much lower price. While yes, purchasing from a 3rd party can go either way, Ubisoft is to blame since we received no warning about this or sites that were illegal to purchase Ubisoft products until Today. There has never been an issue with Kinguin or that in the past and for some reason now ubisoft is throwing a giant tannty about it and they wont tell us why either then a generic ubisoft response.

Ubisoft commonly goes on about how they're trying to repair their reputation and this isnt the way to do it. By telling people you HAVE to buy through Uplay/Steam or go into a retail store to purchase your product is rediciulous, we shouldn't have to invest up to $100 on a busted, broken product that they have so far not fixed entirely and there are still a wide load of issues in the game that they are yet to address and already with the announcement of Victory, its highly unlikely we will see this fixed. No matter how you try to defend ubisoft, you will be out played by those who have had experiences like this in the past with them, you can't attempt to justify this since they literally dropped a bomb on us and gave us no warning about it or who their authorized sellers were until today. So please Ubifanbois, shut up and let us get the message across that Ubisoft is a company that you can no longer trust.

I'm not defending Ubisoft, I'm stating in a logical way what's happening.

Still, you are saying something that is completely beyond the point. If you don't want a buggy broken product, you should wait for reviews and NOT buy the game untill that is fixed.

How exactly do you want Ubisoft to warn about EVERY DAMN WEBSHOP? They cannot verify the keys up front since a chargeback can be done up to 180 days after the purchase.

Ubisoft cannot create a list of authorized shops since they are using a lot of distributors in various countries.

The reason that they should not go after G2A and sites like that is because Ubisoft cannot verify the keys up front and because they also have keys that are obtained legally. Not from Ubisoft, but from retail stores. Remember this when buying from a shady shop: "past performance does not necessarily predict future results".

MadZex
01-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Well, but it looks like, that also the keys from "official licensed" shops like for example the german "Gamesrocket", are banned too. So in my opinion, this is not the customers fault.

Biascape
01-26-2015, 11:00 AM
And tell me what if you bought the key from g2a.com and dlc, season pass directly from uplay store?
And why are we arguing with fellow forum users/members and not the devs or staff of the forum.
We want explanation from somebody who can do something about it and not just random users who states the obvious.

Same thing for me

Biascape
01-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Ubiflop does not deign to reply

YazX_
01-26-2015, 11:35 AM
bought a game key off G2A.com about 3 days ago installed the game played it for around half hour went to play it today and boom wasnt there had to open a ticket to see why the key was banned bet its going to take ages :( uplay is a ****ing disaster sams as origin they should have not been greedy and stuck with steam :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

its not UPlay problem, its seller problem since G2A is not official Ubisoft seller and you might buy a blacklisted key, however, speaking about steam, the game is available on steam and if you bought it through steam you would pay twice the price and non of this would happen since steam is official Ubisoft seller, you need to contact G2A and file for refund since the key you got is blacklisted.

strigoi1958
01-26-2015, 11:56 AM
why should they... if we get robbed by G2a why should ubi reply.... you should be on the G2a forum or reddit or anywhere spreading warnings about G2a instead of expecting Ubi to sort out your problem, it is not Ubi's problem.

Onizucka
01-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Why my key Assassin's Creed Unity has been banned?

YazX_
01-26-2015, 12:18 PM

Official responses were on the first page of this thread by Mr_Shade (Community Manager):

You retailer should always be the point of contact for things like this - since it's a product they sold, even though Ubisoft has revoked the key, they are responsible for providing it.

As already posted - they are not an official reseller, so I can't offer you any other advice apart from speaking to them directly - they will be able to tell you why the keys are revoked.

If they can't offer you a refund, I suggest you contact your bank or paypal [depending on how you paid]

Now regarding G2A, the problem with this site is they offer keys from different sellers all around the world, so we dont know what are the sources of these keys, some might buy them using stolen credit cards, however, other retail websites even if they are not official ones, send you a printed copy of the CD -Key taken from a physical copy and some of them offer you to ship the packaging afterwards if you would like to keep it, both methods are risky since all of them are not official sellers, if you still want to take the risk then the latter is alot less risky than G2A.

the way i see as personal opinion:

Thief buys legit keys from official stores using stolen CC/accounts/identity theft,.. paying full retail price
Thief sell those keys through G2A and other websites slashing half or more from the retail price
People who had their accounts/CC/.. stolen report the problem and file for refund
official stores issue refunds and report to Ubisoft to ban these keys as they are now blacklisted
People who risked to buy from unofficial sources like this thief got their keys eventually banned and should contact the seller for refund

PindaNL
01-26-2015, 12:59 PM
So i saw this on a tech site very popular in the netherlands and i think more game sites got our attention. Good for us. Again Ubisoft will have bad publicity. Companies think they can do anything.

Its Dutch:
http://tweakers.net/nieuws/101012/ubisoft-trekt-betaalde-keys-in-tot-woede-van-spelers.html

And BTW for people who defending Ubisoft. In the Netherlands its illegal what Ubisoft is doing.

orion1492
01-26-2015, 01:14 PM
I have the same problem.
Any solution? because i lost my money....

strigoi1958
01-26-2015, 01:19 PM
So i saw this on a tech site very popular in the netherlands and i think more game sites got our attention. Good for us. Again Ubisoft will have bad publicity. Companies think they can do anything.

Its Dutch:
http://tweakers.net/nieuws/101012/ubisoft-trekt-betaalde-keys-in-tot-woede-van-spelers.html

And BTW for people who defending Ubisoft. In the Netherlands its illegal what Ubisoft is doing.

It is not illegal to refuse to be robbed

AntiChrist7
01-26-2015, 01:20 PM
What about keys for the Season Pass? Since its discontinued? Will I still get all the stuff that comes with it?

Slump3r
01-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Hi guys,

I'm the author of the thread concerning this issue about FC4:

What we are actually mad about is the lack of communication of Ubisoft and the fact that they are playing with the line of law.
Because yes, in Europe (please guys, just even google it before stating an opinion like you made the law) the practice of reselling a game (not if the key was stolen obviously, of course Ubi has all rights to not get robbed) is actually authorized.

And I defy you to find anywhere Ubisoft saying "Stolen key" or "illegal key".
All they serve us is "unauthorized retailer/partner" which is not strictly illegal, in Europe that is.

But still, again, this way of doing things by this company is wrong and poorly dealt with.
Myself I got a refund no questions asked from the site I bought this particular key.

And if we go further, if Ubi decided that we rob them by buying through a cheaper 3rd party (tell me you or someone you know never did that for a smartphone or any second hand product...which is exactly the same practice), did they not rob us by selling us unfinished games, edited with so many bugs and problems, making those games defective goods. Did they refund you? Did they solve the issue? No, they gave you a freaking equivalent of a key chain for your home keys as reparation (a free DLC, seriously UBI?).

By their standards we should ALSO demand reparation from the robbery the committed to us.

Bottom line, feel free to join the discussion on the link, because I would really like to know what USA law tells us about this.

Thanks for reading guys and don't forget, it's just a discussion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

koumatrix
01-26-2015, 01:59 PM

do you know what discount means?

ChaosKill
01-26-2015, 02:12 PM

Its Dutch:

You clearly did not read all the comments. It's debatable at best, if the keys were STOLEN, Ubisoft is in their rights to invalidate the keys. "Goede recht" or not, stolen keys are stolen.
If it's about imported keys from within the EU, then yes it would most likely be illegal.

ChaosKill
01-26-2015, 02:29 PM
[Offensive post deleted]

If you want to make a point, please write proper English. It's really hard to decrypt what you're writing.

Now to reply to what you're saying: Ads do NOT make a site a legit site. There are a lot of ads that try to dupe users into installing malware, ransomware, etc.

I do not accuse G2A to willingly sell stolen keys. Any user can sell keys there, this means that a user may have stolen keys and that they have sold them on G2A or that a user has fraudulently gotten keys and sold them on G2A.

It is not possible to say when a key is stolen. A chargeback from a consumer may be done within 180 days(!) after the transaction and in some cases the consumer may do this years after. Ubisoft does not know what happed to a batch of keys/boxed copies until after they receive word from banks or stores that they are no longer in legal sale.

I'm not debating bugs, PR or "incomplete" games. If you would wait for reviews, you'd have known. If you think this is a problem (which you should), you should wait for a discount or even better, wait for the product to be "complete". It does not excuse you to use sites on which you know this can happen. It doesn't have "G2A shield" for nothing.

In the case of a retail store, you know that they have a decent chain of distribution. A better example would be a marketplace where some random person is selling copies of a game. It is a brand new game, but only 25-50% of the price. Would you just trust this random stranger?

You say that Ubisoft does not reply, but a representative has replied to this topic in the first few pages and they said you should contact the retailer you bought it from because they are the ones who sold you this. You paid them, not Ubisoft. You don't know if they received ANY money at all from what you paid your retailer. If you want a case-by-case answer (in which representatives can not do on the forums), you should open a support ticket.

Ubisoft should not sue G2A because most keys are legally obtained and because they are also a marketplace. It would be like suing ebay for selling some illegal keys. They cannot verify it up front and neither can Ubisoft. Ubisoft can only do something about the keys when they are reported to be stolen or violating the TOS.

You might also want to watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08b3XzFGqJY

PindaNL
01-26-2015, 02:43 PM
You clearly did not read all the comments. It's debatable at best, if the keys were STOLEN, Ubisoft is in their rights to invalidate the keys. "Goede recht" or not, stolen keys are stolen.
If it's about imported keys from within the EU, then yes it would most likely be illegal.

Then you should read the part that Ubisoft cant take back there stolen keys. Even if the key is stolen and no one says it is even Ubisoft dont say its stolen. But If its stolen you cant just take back your stuff. You need to go to the authorities. Its like taking the law in there own hands. Sorry for my bad english.

strigoi1958
01-26-2015, 03:22 PM
if you buy a fake ticket and go to the theatre they have a right to refuse you admission... they do not have to let you in just because you have a ticket that looks like a real ticket.... that is what Ubi have done... and you are wasting your time shouting at Ubi because someone somewhere else has robbed you....

If you think Ubi are going to take a loss and give you and everyone else that turns up with a fake or stolen or illegal ticket a free game you are fooling yourself... feel free to rant on here... we all do, we're just gamers and nothing you write here will achieve anything... go to reddit, go to every gamers forum you can find and tell them you were ripped off at G2a because you took a risk... G2a will lose credibility and sales and they'd rather refund you than lose customers... and they might be a bit more careful where they get their keys from in future... I hope you get your money back but complaining here is pointless and taking up your time...

Sowir98
01-26-2015, 03:23 PM
The point is, that ubisoft also commited a crime. They stole the keys from us. With no annoucement. Because even if someone buy the car, that was stolen fromm you ( he doesn´t know it ) and one day, you just walk the street and you see your car that was stolen, to you, you still can´t take the car back like f**k you it is mine. Because if you do so, the new owner will report it to the police.

So the thing, that we disagree with is not that Ubisoft did this ( well ok, i disagree, because g2a would return me money, if the key didn´t when i type it, but the key was accepted by uplay(=Ubi) and I played the game. I played the game for one month. One F**king month so cannot they realise bit earlier that in fact, i´am a bad guy ??), but we do not agree with the way ubisoft did this to us.

It is every thing i wanted to say, mayby one more thing. Your support is the worst i have ever seen in my hole life. Itś 14 days sicne i wrote my message to you. (You´re like **** you, we are richer than you, sou we can ignore you) More and more money you guys have, worse and worse you are. (But at least you are not the worst game company in North America, because your office is now in Europe)

Good job Ubi, good job.

strigoi1958
01-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Actually if someone stole your car and sold it illegally... it IS your car still and you can take it back... the police do not arrest you for taking your own property...

If you played the game for a month and get your money back from the Thieves at G2a then you played a game for free for 1 month

you are shouting at the wrong people... go to g2a and shout at the thieves

As Chaoskill has pointed out You might also want to watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08b3XzFGqJY

tcarlisle2012
01-26-2015, 03:44 PM
The analogies being used are flawed. Buying a game key through a third-party is the digital equivalent of buying a Louis Vuitton handbag which you are told is authentic, but when you verify the certificate of authenticity with LV you find out it is a knock-off. Do you then scream at LV to give you a new bag? No, you go find the seller and take recourse with them.

The difference in my analogy is that the buyer of the fraudulent handbag can still choose to use it, and LV can't somehow take that ability away. If they could corral up all the fake LV items out there, I am sure they would.

With digital property, the rightful owners of the intellectual property do often have the ability to remove fakes -- its called digital rights management. And the revocation of auth keys sold on the black market is Ubisoft exercising good DRM.

To continue that LV analogy, if you buy it from Nordstrom you can expect your LV merchandise to be authentic, but if you order it from a dude in Hong Kong then you shouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to be fake.

Buying this game digitally through Steam, Amazon, Best Buy, etc. you can rest assured it won't be fake. But you will find the retail price is the same. Buying from a CD key site, you can be assured the key if probably not authentic and is fair game for banning.

Despite the technical issues around the launch of this game, the people that brought it to us deserve to be paid and to make a living. When you buy from a proper reseller Ubisoft gets their wholesale revenue from the retailer. When you buy from a knock-off site and your key is banned, Ubisoft probably didn't get one cent from your purchase.

The knock-off shops are the problem here. Despite what they say on their site, if your key got banned the site you bought it from has done something very shady.

And no, I don't carry a handbag.

dargor5
01-26-2015, 04:08 PM
The analogies being used are flawed. Buying a game key through a third-party is the digital equivalent of buying a Louis Vuitton handbag which you are told is authentic, but when you verify the certificate of authenticity with LV you find out it is a knock-off. Do you then scream at LV to give you a new bag? No, you go find the seller and take recourse with them.

The difference in my analogy is that the buyer of the fraudulent handbag can still choose to use it, and LV can't somehow take that ability away. If they could corral up all the fake LV items out there, I am sure they would.

With digital property, the rightful owners of the intellectual property do often have the ability to remove fakes -- its called digital rights management. And the revocation of auth keys sold on the black market is Ubisoft exercising good DRM.

To continue that LV analogy, if you buy it from Nordstrom you can expect your LV merchandise to be authentic, but if you order it from a dude in Hong Kong then you shouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to be fake.

Buying this game digitally through Steam, Amazon, Best Buy, etc. you can rest assured it won't be fake. But you will find the retail price is the same. Buying from a CD key site, you can be assured the key if probably not authentic and is fair game for banning.

Despite the technical issues around the launch of this game, the people that brought it to us deserve to be paid and to make a living. When you buy from a proper reseller Ubisoft gets their wholesale revenue from the retailer. When you buy from a knock-off site and your key is banned, Ubisoft probably didn't get one cent from your purchase.

The knock-off shops are the problem here. Despite what they say on their site, if your key got banned the site you bought it from has done something very shady.

The problem here is not asking ubisoft to return anything or to unban the key. All every poster here wants is for ubisoft to say why they banned so we can go to g2a and they refund us. G2a is a very easy to deal with company so I dont know what the problem ubisoft has in disclosing the info as to why was it banned. No one here is asking ubi for a refund

MyRealName99
01-26-2015, 04:17 PM
The analogies being used are flawed.

Actually yours is flawed. You always assume that the key used is generated outside of Ubisoft, that the keys are not authentic. But that's BS, because if you read right, nobody is complaining that the Ubisoft server didn't recognize their key. Ubisoft has a list of all keys generated (if not, they're stupid, I'm a software developer myself and we also generate keys for our products, we know exactly which keys we created and others we do not activate in the first place).

That being said, there are only 2 options left :

1. The keys were ordered from Ubisoft and not paid for, then Ubisoft has to got to the retailer, not the consumer (at least in Europe). Furthermore if they ban stolen keys, they should at least inform customers.
2. The keys were ordered from Ubisoft and paid for. Ubisoft can prohibit region locked keys to be activated or used outside the intended region. But not ban. I could be travelling with my laptop to another region, try to play the game and Ubisoft doesn't allow it. I'm fine with that (although it's stupid). But they cannot simply ban keys they got money for, just because they're sold by people that did not activate them in they uplay account. G2A does not activate they keys, if I buy a world-wide-key, I should be able to use it where I see fit. I paid for it, Ubisoft got money for it.

shiceUplay000
01-26-2015, 04:18 PM
I bought Assassin's creed around Christmas and have play it since then, but when I turned my PC on, 25th January, and looked at my Uplay Library it was gone, I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue or not. also note that out my friends who own the game, Me and two others, only mine and one other friend's has gone Can anyone help?

Same here!
Is there no solution yet?

I already created a ticket - that was on 1/16 - still no response yet...:mad:

edit:
I never played it - just registered the key, which made no problems but then there was no game in my library...

PindaNL
01-26-2015, 04:19 PM

Only the problem with your comment is that the key wasnt fake. I could activate it. So the server of uplay says it was a legit key.
And what dargor5 already mentioned. We want a reason and not a stupid standard message that g2a.com not a official partner is.
Ubisoft still not gave a good reason like stolen keys. I found out its not only g2a.com but other key sites.

strigoi1958
01-26-2015, 04:37 PM
they're all legit keys... just either obtained illegitimately by the person who sold it to you or it was used illegitimately by being region locked and that information was not given to you...

MyRealName99
01-26-2015, 04:47 PM
they're all legit keys... just either obtained illegitimately by the person who sold it to you or it was used illegitimately by being region locked and that information was not given to you...

AFAIK Ubisoft hasn't stated anything about the keys being obtained "illegitimately", so how do you know, that they were stolen ? Because selling a key that you bought from Ubisoft isn't a crime as long as the key isn't activated in an account yet.
And at least my key wasn't region locked, because it activated without problems (or VPN, IP Hider etc) on my account.
So enlighten us with your insight, please...

EdgarAllanPoon
01-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Pretty sure my Key was Legit, and not region locked. I played for a few hours before they decided they didn't want me to own the game anymore. Such ********.... I have contacted G2A they told me to contact Ubi, so looks like I will be screwed either way...

ScoJoh
01-26-2015, 05:35 PM
In the back and forth messages with UbiSoft, I was eventually told that the original vendor asked Ubi to revoke the keys. So whomever gave/sold the keys to G2A or whomever else, asked them to be taken back. Why? No idea without knowing who that vender originally was. This is a bummer, but hopefully because I used PayPal, I can file a complaint with them if G2A doesn't refund my payment.

strigoi1958
01-26-2015, 05:38 PM
AFAIK Ubisoft hasn't stated anything about the keys being obtained "illegitimately", so how do you know, that they were stolen ? Because selling a key that you bought from Ubisoft isn't a crime as long as the key isn't activated in an account yet.
And at least my key wasn't region locked, because it activated without problems (or VPN, IP Hider etc) on my account.
So enlighten us with your insight, please...

1. Well you tell me why anyone would revoke a legitimate key.... Logic dictates there is a reason why certain keys are revoked.

2 selling anything that was illegally obtained from Ubisoft IS a crime...

as the forum mod has suggested in his own opinion... keys can be obtained using stolen credit cards and then sold on to gamers.... Are you suggesting that the owner of the credit card that was stolen should pay for the game ? are you suggesting that Ubi should give away free games because gamers took a risk and bought from a dodgy site ? Or are you suggesting that Ubi just thought... "I know lets just randomly ban a few keys this week...

I am suggesting anyone who got stiffed by G2a make as much noise on the internet as possible... if the people who got stiffed each stopped 500 people buying from G2a with their experience in this case... G2a would lose a lot of customers and they do not need the bad publicity.

Coming here as a victim and shout at Ubi who is also a victim will achieve nothing but... feel free to continue wasting your time here while G2a gets further away with your money :( but me, I'd discredit G2a on every gaming forum, and post to total biscuit to get him to raise the matter, anything and everything.... till they either refunded my money, issued a formal statement of apology or went bankrupt.

AntiChrist7
01-26-2015, 05:48 PM
What about keys for the Season Pass? Since its discontinued? Will I still get all the stuff that comes with it?

bump, since it got ignored between all the non helpfull mudslinging

MyRealName99
01-26-2015, 05:53 PM
1. Well you tell me why anyone would revoke a legitimate key.... Logic dictates there is a reason why certain keys are revoked.

as the forum mod has suggested in his own opinion... keys can be obtained using stolen credit cards and then sold on to gamers.... Are you suggesting that the owner of the credit card that was stolen should pay for the game ? are you suggesting that Ubi should give away free games because gamers took a risk and bought from a dodgy site ? Or are you suggesting that Ubi just thought... "I know lets just randomly ban a few keys this week...

I am suggesting anyone who got stiffed by G2a make as much noise on the internet as possible... if the people who got stiffed each stopped 500 people buying from G2a with their experience in this case... G2a would lose a lot of customers and they do not need the bad publicity.

Coming here as a victim and shout at Ubi who is also a victim will achieve nothing but... feel free to continue wasting your time here while G2a gets further away with your money :( but me, I'd discredit G2a on every gaming forum, and post to total biscuit to get him to raise the matter, anything and everything.... till they either refunded my money, issued a formal statement of apology or went bankrupt.

1. Not I have to tell you that, but Ubisoft does... until now they they didn't, they just said, G2A is not an official retailer, but a producer (in that case Ubisoft) cannot revoke the keys just because after they sold to one of their retailers (otherwise how the keys could have left Ubisoft). Ubisoft has gotten the money they asked for from the first retailer they sold to... after that they're out, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaustion_doctrine

Now with banning these keys they try to tell us, not only where to buy at higher price but also, that the law of a country doesn't apply to them. In Europe it's even legal to sell your used game. Microsoft tried to prohibit it and it didn't work. In the United States you have the afore mentioned exhaustion doctrine

the Problem is not G2A as long as Ubisoft doesn't show us (we paid for the game after all), that these keys were not paid for by G2A. Only then they have the right to revoke the keys legally.

RocketChef78
01-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Admit getting ripped by some ****** seems to be more of an image problem...

Are you suggesting that the owner of the credit card that was stolen should pay for the game ?
No, but why is Ubi accepting faulty and easy to fake currencies?!

are you suggesting that Ubi should give away free games because gamers took a risk and bought from a dodgy site ?
Why did it activate in the first place? The site sold perfectly working keys. If anybody in the sales chain got ripped, then it shouldn't take months until noticed or (using your term) "dody" actions are taken.

Bottom line: Yes they can revoke my keys/games if they are not legit in any way, but they have to inform the customer about the reason right away. What do they have now? Exploding ticket queues in the support department of people asking why and people whose actual problems are not processed in time because of it. Getting no official answer is the next thing. As long as there is none G2A can assume that your key was suspended/revoked because you were cheating in multiplayer...

jeffies04
01-26-2015, 06:10 PM
If Walmart/Gamestop/whoever has a theft of a large quantity of AC game keys, they just might contact Ubisoft to get the keys shut off.

Is it really that fair that an unsuspecting person is going to get their game shut off? No it's definitely not fair!

But the purpose of doing this is to put pressure on the illegal activity from the bottom up (knowingly selling stolen keys).

andrew.you
01-26-2015, 06:11 PM
how do you people know the keys were stolen or bought with fake credit cards ? did ubi say something ? if not stop saying that and wait for an official statement if there is gonna be one ....

learn from this experience and do what you think is right the next time you want to buy a game from ubi.

strigoi1958
01-26-2015, 06:36 PM
1. Not I have to tell you that, but Ubisoft does... until now they they didn't, they just said, G2A is not an official retailer, but a producer (in that case Ubisoft) cannot revoke the keys just because after they sold to one of their retailers (otherwise how the keys could have left Ubisoft). Ubisoft has gotten the money they asked for from the first retailer they sold to... after that they're out, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaustion_doctrine

Now with banning these keys they try to tell us, not only where to buy at higher price but also, that the law of a country doesn't apply to them. In Europe it's even legal to sell your used game. Microsoft tried to prohibit it and it didn't work. In the United States you have the afore mentioned exhaustion doctrine

the Problem is not G2A as long as Ubisoft doesn't show us (we paid for the game after all), that these keys were not paid for by G2A. Only then they have the right to revoke the keys legally.

1. how do you know Ubi sold these keys to their retailers ? how do you know Ubi got paid for these keys ? do you have any proof or are you just assuming because it fits your needs ?

2 What law are you talking about... ?

3. if you check out TotalBiscuits video on youtube... chaoskill posted a link and I copied it.... you will see... everybody in the world has the right to lawfully repossess anything taken from them by unlawful means... including digital rights to games... if you got stiffed by G2a Ubi might release a statement but they are under no obligation to do so... even if you, me, the president of america or the pope think that they should.

As I said waste time here and achieve nothing or chase the thief at G2a... still your choice, I hope you get your money back.

MyRealName99
01-26-2015, 07:24 PM
1. how do you know Ubi sold these keys to their retailers ? how do you know Ubi got paid for these keys ? do you have any proof or are you just assuming because it fits your needs ?

2 What law are you talking about... ?

3. if you check out TotalBiscuits video on youtube... chaoskill posted a link and I copied it.... you will see... everybody in the world has the right to lawfully repossess anything taken from them by unlawful means... including digital rights to games... if you got stiffed by G2a Ubi might release a statement but they are under no obligation to do so... even if you, me, the president of america or the pope think that they should.

As I said waste time here and achieve nothing or chase the thief at G2a... still your choice, I hope you get your money back.

1. I know they sold them because they must have been generated by the keyserver within Ubisoft, otherwise they would not have been recognized in the first place.
2. don't know what you referring to...
3. It is true, that they can repossess stuff that was stolen, but Ubisoft didn't say that they were stolen nowhere near...

After all, taking a game with a working gamekey created from Ubisoft from your library and not telling your **** isn't the way to do it. It creates not only mistrust with the customers that bought the key with their money,but also not always seems to be legal. AFAIK in Europe Ubisoft should go to the vendors of those keys and not the end user.

Until now we don't know if the keys were stolen or whatever and reading the last official statement, neither does Ubisoft. The statement looks like a tactic to let everything cool down to be forgotten. If you know it was stolen, then say so and we talk to our providers (mine wasn't from G2A). If they were not stolen, then Ubisoft got their money and should shut up. After they sell their keys to their authorized retailer, it is out of their hands, US court just confirmed it for the states (http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/US-Urteil-nach-11-Jahren-Copyright-kein-Mittel-gegen-Grauimport-2527920.html), in Europe it isn't even illegal to sell used keys.

So stop trying to explain that it's ok to get stolen keys back, not even Ubisoft claims that they're stolen.

wenneberg77
01-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Hi guys,

I'm the author of the thread concerning this issue about FC4:

What we are actually mad about is the lack of communication of Ubisoft and the fact that they are playing with the line of law.
Because yes, in Europe (please guys, just even google it before stating an opinion like you made the law) the practice of reselling a game (not if the key was stolen obviously, of course Ubi has all rights to not get robbed) is actually authorized.

And I defy you to find anywhere Ubisoft saying "Stolen key" or "illegal key".
All they serve us is "unauthorized retailer/partner" which is not strictly illegal, in Europe that is.

But still, again, this way of doing things by this company is wrong and poorly dealt with.
Myself I got a refund no questions asked from the site I bought this particular key.

And if we go further, if Ubi decided that we rob them by buying through a cheaper 3rd party (tell me you or someone you know never did that for a smartphone or any second hand product...which is exactly the same practice), did they not rob us by selling us unfinished games, edited with so many bugs and problems, making those games defective goods. Did they refund you? Did they solve the issue? No, they gave you a freaking equivalent of a key chain for your home keys as reparation (a free DLC, seriously UBI?).

By their standards we should ALSO demand reparation from the robbery the committed to us.

Bottom line, feel free to join the discussion on the link, because I would really like to know what USA law tells us about this.

Thanks for reading guys and don't forget, it's just a discussion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Very well written slump3r! I couldn't agree more!

But judging by the contact me and some friends have had with their customer serivce, I'm not surprised by their behavior.

Ubisoft has forgotten that they are here for us, we are not here for them. We pay their salaries, not the other way around.

I hope those who had their keys banned (those that aren't obtained illegally obviously) will get their games back, and I sincerely hope that gamers soon start to realize, that the ONLY way to show companies like UBISOFT to treat their customers better, is to stop buying their games, broken or not.

RocketChef78
01-26-2015, 07:29 PM
Do you have any hard evidence that they didn't sold the keys to any retailer? Or do you know why - if so - Ubi didn't got payed for these keys? Or are you just assuming? Will you please waste your time somewhere else if you don't have anything to say?

Avaitic
01-26-2015, 07:59 PM
So I'm sure 90% of you bought your game from a 3rd party website such as g2a. Ubisoft has now decided to revoke your game license and ban your keys. Why? Because they salty as **** that other companies make money. I bought Asssassins Creed: Unity about a month ago and my game just got deleted from my account. I don't find this acceptable, yes, I paid less than 60 bucks for an unfinished game, yes I bought it from g2a. But at some point the game was purchased from ubisoft.

What's your opinion on ubisoft deciding to revoke our license to play their game?

UbiJustin
01-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Hello all,

We are listening to your concerns and I wanted to share the official statement from Ubisoft on this matter:

"We regularly deactivate keys that were fraudulently obtained and resold. In this case, we are currently investigating the origin of the fraud, and will update customers as soon as we have more information to share. In the meantime, customers should contact the vendor from whom they purchased the key."

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Melhadf
01-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Johkr, that's a non answer.
If you revoked the keys provide the proof. So far there has been no proof and it looks like Ubi is upset that people bought games cheaper than they'd like.

Where is the proof of fraud? You either have some or not. If you do then get it to people already. I bought a key legally as allowed under EU law. There is nothing from ubi other than a PR statement to say it's fraudulent. I can provide the chain back to the seller. You have vague statements.

So either cough up the proof, or follow the law and reinstate the keys until you have some.

TH3R4BB1T
01-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Guilty until proven innocent... That is a USA way to deal. But is is strange to revoke keys and maybe later the 'banned' person will get his key back. That no information is given is a really BAD way of PR and also for HOW LONG?

Do not BEND the rules, but stick to them for what ever country they apply to. Give the people who are the victim some information about how long it will take.

MyRealName99
01-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Hello all,

We are listening to your concerns and I wanted to share the official statement from Ubisoft on this matter:

You first investigate and inform, not some days afterwards. My Season Pass disappeared from my library last week, still no answer from ubisoft support, the key vendor on the other hand already investigated and offered a new key.

tcarlisle2012
01-26-2015, 11:37 PM
Only the problem with your comment is that the key wasnt fake. I could activate it. So the server of uplay says it was a legit key.
And what dargor5 already mentioned. We want a reason and not a stupid standard message that g2a.com not a official partner is.
Ubisoft still not gave a good reason like stolen keys. I found out its not only g2a.com but other key sites.

No, the fact that the key worked dos not mean it is legit, it just means the key fit the algorithm that the game is coded to accept. If I figure out how visa numbers are coded so I can generate a visa card number that a cash register will accept, that does not mean I am the one authorized to use that visa card. And if I use those digits, the bank is going to shut that card down real quick. In the early days, all you needed to steal via credit card was the ability to generate a code that fits the algorithm.

Games use a simple form of digital rights management that has vulnerability in that the codes can be cracked. People crack codes all the time and then give them away or resell them. Not saying that is what G2A did. Why the codes they sold got banned is for them to work out with Ubisoft. The innocent people that screwed over should be taking that up with the company that sold the keys.

I bought a 2nd copy of the game, and the 2nd copy was from a similar company and my code got banned. I went straight to the third-party and demanded a refund. Of course they tried to redirect me to Ubisoft and didn't want to do a refund. I'm sure the affected people have gotten the same push back from wherever they bought their codes.

All the comments in this thread directed at Ubisoft to "follow the law" etc. really should be directed at the third-party. Those third-parties have either committed some form of fraud or violated a business agreement (contract) with Ubisoft.

It really isn't productive to keep screaming at Ubisoft. It is the same as if I guessed your Visa card number and used it to pay for Netflix, and when you found out and turned it off the Netflix subscription I came demanding you give me my Netflix service. You'd say no, right? And if I called Netflix they'd say the same thing.

The difference is the game key scam involves an innocent person to help carry out the scam. That would be the people that bought the codes being lead to believe they are legit. It is brilliant because the third-parties have no idea they are involved with a scam, and when the scam is uncovered the scammer can blame the entity that they stole the codes from.

YazX_
01-26-2015, 11:58 PM
No, the fact that the key worked dos not mean it is legit, it just means the key fit the algorithm that the game is coded to accept. If I figure out how visa numbers are coded so I can generate a visa card number that a cash register will accept, that does not mean I am the one authorized to use that visa card. And if I use those digits, the bank is going to shut that card down real quick. In the early days, all you needed to steal via credit card was the ability to generate a code that fits the algorithm.

Games use a simple form of digital rights management that has vulnerability in that the codes can be cracked. People crack codes all the time and then give them away or resell them. Not saying that is what G2A did. Why the codes they sold got banned is for them to work out with Ubisoft. The innocent people that screwed over should be taking that up with the company that sold the keys.

I bought a 2nd copy of the game, and the 2nd copy was from a similar company and my code got banned. I went straight to the third-party and demanded a refund. Of course they tried to redirect me to Ubisoft and didn't want to do a refund. I'm sure the affected people have gotten the same push back from wherever they bought their codes.

All the comments in this thread directed at Ubisoft to "follow the law" etc. really should be directed at the third-party. Those third-parties have either committed some form of fraud or violated a business agreement (contract) with Ubisoft.

It really isn't productive to keep screaming at Ubisoft. It is the same as if I guessed your Visa card number and used it to pay for Netflix, and when you found out and turned it off the Netflix subscription I came demanding you give me my Netflix service. You'd say no, right? And if I called Netflix they'd say the same thing.

The difference is the game key scam involves an innocent person to help carry out the scam. That would be the people that bought the codes being lead to believe they are legit. It is brilliant because the third-parties have no idea they are involved with a scam, and when the scam is uncovered the scammer can blame the entity that they stole the codes from.

Actually this is not the way it works, why do you think that you need online service to activate a key?!

As personal opinion, Yes keys are generated using an algorithm, but those keys are stored in DB, if anyone figured out he algorithm and generated his own keys, they will not initially work since the service will check against legit generated keys and see if the key was generated by Ubisoft or not, so what you said is not true for online-DRM, but its true for offline ones which are not non-existent for old days when you only had to enter the key without any connection.

Regarding Visa Cards, no you cannot simply figure out the algorithm and generate then use the card, each card should have an owner when issued, but if you got a number from someone who generated the card number and then tried to own it , the bank will block it and it will not be accepted.

MyRealName99
01-27-2015, 12:05 AM

Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. Ubisoft generates all keys and they have a database with all generated keys. They do not accept keys generated by a Key-Gen.
A Key-Gen usually works for offline software where you use an algorithm to determine if a key could be valid. Online activation checks the database if they key was given out, that's the whole point of online activation.

Credit Card generators were a thing of the nineties, nowadays cards are also checked in online payment if it's a valid card given out by a bank.

And to show some communication with my retailer, that refunded me btw :

Hello,

Thank you for your message. We will contact our supplier now. You can expect the solution in a day, so if you do not get any answer in 24 hours, please contact us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the situation. Such issues are inconvenient to both parties so we hope everything will be resolved soon.

If you have any queries, feel free to contact us. We are here for you 24/7.

Please note that responding multiple times or creating new tickets may cause a delay in our responses.

Dear Customer,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Having contacted our supplier, we would like to reimburse you by sending you a new key. This would be sent to you in a separate order at no additional charge.

Please confirm whether this solution suits you in a reply to this ticket.

Dear Helge,

We have sent you a new key.

Please check your games library on your account.

We apologize for the delay.

The key was banned too, reply to my ticket 2 minutes

Dear Customer,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to reimburse you by offering you a full refund in form of in-store balance. This form of refund is immediate and the balance can be used for any future purchases within our store.

Then, after accepting, I had my money within 2 minutes in my account.

And I'm still waiting on my Ubisoft ticket since Friday

leroy198529
01-27-2015, 12:24 AM
this what ubi support told me guys.

i really need a reason as to why it was banned so that i can get a refund

I'm sorry but unfortunately the retailer you bought the key from is not on our list of approved retailers, we do not either sell or promote retailers to sell games and keys separately. I recommend you return to the point of purchase to address this issue with them.

Please either use a printout or the reference number: "01996878" in your communication with the retailer.

as they are specificly saying to use that reference with the seller do you think that will give them the proof they ask for as to why it was banned?

MyRealName99
01-27-2015, 12:30 AM
Still doesn't say, that they were stolen or bought with stolen credit card. So IMHO Ubisoft still got their money. And what they do is steal from the retailers that paid for those keys and now have to reimburse their customers and have to pay their work in resolving those issues.

zarathustra2k1
01-27-2015, 01:14 AM

Please provide us with the "Official List of Approved Resellers & Partner Sites"™ so in future we know where to/not to purchase from.

Oh wait, that's a secret...

GreatSkull.Zer0
01-27-2015, 02:06 AM
Happened the same as the guy here, http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1001533-Concerning-Far-Cry-4-removal-from-our-libraries-Open-letter?, my games is gon,e what can i do?

MitchThundercok
01-27-2015, 02:09 AM
Did you buy from a sketchy site that seemed "too good to be true"?

I--Skeptik--I
01-27-2015, 02:17 AM
This is nobody's fault but your own, this is what you get for being either cheap and/or a pirate. Steam and Uplay have been around for years. Why couldn't all the "affected" people here just use those services to begin with? A -AAA- title has always sold for $60 (USD) or more (depending on DLC and such) so seeing it advertised elsewhere for $40, $30 or even $20!?? Right there you should have seen that as a "red flag". Also a shady-*** 3rd party "company" selling keys and files separately?!? Another "red flag".

If you google search "Assassin's Creed Unity" the very first thing that pops up is the official website, then from there there is a "Buy Now" button and what does that show you? Amazon, Microsoft, Uplay, Gamestop, etc.. all reputable (Legit) companies that sell the game, not one mention of these shady-*** **** 3rd party websites, like G2A, or Kinguin, or whatever the hell they're called. Yet another "red flag".

I have always used reputable companies like the aforementioned above and not once have I ever had any kind of issue with my cd keys being banned. Next time, just spend the extra little bit of money and know that you're doing it legit.

If I bought a nice Rolex watch and it turned out to be a cheap knockoff, I would have no right blaming the Rolex company and demanding the real thing (even though I paid half of what they usually sell for from a company that is in no way affiliated with them). You take your beef up with the scumbags who sold it to you, as it is their fault, not the original companies'

As much as I would like to blame Ubisoft for this (because of the disdain I have for them for the state of "quality" in their past several games), this is not their fault. They do not, nor have they ever done any kind of business with 3rd party companies like G2A or Kinguin. You simple embraced your ignorance and this is the price you pay.

I would despise being ripped off as well and I feel for you guys, but this is nobody's fault but your own.

If you guys can in fact get a refund, I will be happy for you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

GreatSkull.Zer0
01-27-2015, 02:20 AM
i always buy from g2a, never happened to me until now (and with this only game), the game was on my library an entire month, now this day the game was deleted, i bought it the 26th of december last year, and i paid like $35 ,i assured that the price weren't too low or too high, because this always happend to the very low priced games, but now it's seems to happend to every game,

So why ubisoft did this?

MyRealName99
01-27-2015, 02:26 AM
If I bought a nice Rolex watch and it turned out to be a cheap knockoff, I would have no right blaming the Rolex company and demanding the real thing (even though I paid half of what they usually sell for from a company that is in no way affiliated with them). You take your beef up with the scumbags who sold it to you, as it is their fault, not the original companies'

If you guys can in fact get a refund, I will be happy for you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You compare apples with oranges, we didn't buy a cheap knockoff (a false key), we bought an original key, that uplay accepted as one of theirs. Then they decided to revoke them after we paid and most likely after they got their money, too... citing here from a comment in pcgamer.com

All the keys cancelled are legit keys but discounted. So ubisoft have been paid, but not as much as they think they should be by us rich Europeans.

I got my refund from that "shady company" while I still wait for a response from Ubisoft on my ticket since Friday.

leroy198529
01-27-2015, 02:31 AM
This is nobody's fault but your own, this is what you get for being either cheap and/or a pirate. Steam and Uplay have been around for years. Why couldn't all the "affected" people here just use those services to begin with? A -AAA- title has always sold for $60 (USD) or more (depending on DLC and such) so seeing it advertised elsewhere for $40, $30 or even $20!?? Right there you should have seen that as a "red flag". Also a shady-*** 3rd party "company" selling keys and files separately?!? Another "red flag".

If you google search "Assassin's Creed Unity" the very first thing that pops up is the official website, then from there there is a "Buy Now" button and what does that show you? Amazon, Microsoft, Uplay, Gamestop, etc.. all reputable (Legit) companies that sell the game, not one mention of these shady-*** **** 3rd party websites, like G2A, or Kinguin, or whatever the hell they're called. Yet another "red flag".

I have always used reputable companies like the aforementioned above and not once have I ever had any kind of issue with my cd keys being banned. Next time, just spend the extra little bit of money and know that you're doing it legit.

As much as I would like to blame Ubisoft for this (because of the disdain I have for them for the state of "quality" in their past several games), this is not their fault. They do not, nor have they ever done any kind of business with 3rd party companies like G2A or Kinguin. You simple embraced your ignorance and this is the price you pay.

I would despise being ripped off as well and I feel for you guys, but this is nobody's fault but your own.

wow, i read the first few lines and stopped in disbelief, i mean how fking ignorant can you possibly be, duuuuuh, i cant seem to understand why these people would want to buy the game for a cheap price, maybe they dont have much money, and you even mention us being ignorant, you fking hypocrite, also what with all these rich fking idiots coming in to defend the fact they paid full price, is this youre way of making youreself feel clever, you think oh i paid full price because im so smart, then you think were so stupid we could only think to buy a key from these places not smart enough to use the official places like you hey ? lol omg. idiot

ive brought games keys there before for the cheap price, and theyve been fine so stfu.

infamous2117
01-27-2015, 03:27 AM

No other game i have ever purchased from G2A.com has ever been blocked.

G2A.com is advertised on well known gaming sites like twitch, they are NOT the shifty 3rd rate seller you make them out to be.

Your saying that we should always pay full price from steam, when in this case it is clearly a broken game, so why would anybody want to pay full price of they dont have to....

This is a UBISOFT issue, as mentioned earlier the only game that has ever been blocked out of ALL of the keys i have purchased is AC UNITY.

Your rolex example is hilarious, we are not buying some crappy knock off watch from pablo in a back alley, we are using an activation code that clearly is accepted by uplay, until weeks later is banned.

Nowhere in this thread does it mention that the codes are stolen, shifty etc.... the best explanation is that they are not an "authorized re seller" which leads me to believe uplay was not happy about the dirt cheap price they were selling them for.

Either way G2A.com has been around for years and i will continue to buy from them, just not UPLAY codes.

For anybody else that has this issue LODGE A DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL if thats how you paid, others have been refunded using this method as i am also in the process.

GreatSkull.Zer0
01-27-2015, 04:25 AM
I believe Ubisoft needs to be held responsible for PROVING the keys they are removing are either stolen, or bought through fraud. They can't just say OH you bought it from G2A? BAN.

If the key is legit, and not purchased with fraudulent information, and isn't a stolen key. Ubisoft has no legal right to ban the key unless it's expressly mentioned in the EULA, on their website, or on UPlay, SPECIFICALLY where and from whom we can legally purchase keys. What I paid for it is irrelevant, what is relevant is if the key being banned was actually obtained illegally.

For all we know the key being banned is a legit key that was donated from someone for sale and Ubisoft is just banning it because YOU didn't buy it from them, but someone else may have. They may very well just be trying to double dip in the honey pot. People are just making the assumption that Ubisoft is actually verifying the validity of the massive amount of keys they are banning.

I want to see proof that the keys they are banning are actually illegal.

larrykop1967
01-27-2015, 05:10 AM
"Or a pirate!!!", i'm pretty sure they don't pay anything, nor can anyone take the game off them, what a ridiculous thing to say in relation to this issue!!.

infamous2117
01-27-2015, 05:16 AM
"Or a pirate!!!", i'm pretty sure they don't pay anything, nor can anyone take the game off them, what a ridiculous thing to say in relation to this issue!!.

Exactly pirates are laughing right now, but we as the consumer who actually paid, have to bite the dust.

driskull
01-27-2015, 05:22 AM
I got a refund from paypal from play-sc.com. I had to supply screenshots and messages from Ubisoft support.

Thanks to play-sc for quickly handling this.

Here is what they said:

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot.
Your key was from a new supplier who delivered a batch of faulty keys. Most keys of this supplier have been banned. We won't work with them anymore.

Your payment has just been refunded.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Regards

I placed an order for the actual hard copy from amazon for the same price. ~$36. It's actually 29 now :nonchalance:

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Unity-PC/dp/B00J4YZIZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422332647&sr=8-1&keywords=assasins+creed+unity+pc

Glad I got a refund but Ubisoft really screwed their customers here. This should have been handled better with communication, notice beforehand, and working with these companies to get the issue resolved with minimal trouble to the users.

So much for supporting smaller companies, guess you'll think twice before ordering from a smaller company. You have to go with a big business like Amazon, BestBuy, etc which is kind of screwed up. I'll definitely think twice before buying an ubisoft game anytime soon.

This is just bad business/PR for Ubisoft, you actually BUY a game and would have had less trouble pirating it.

zarathustra2k1
01-27-2015, 06:33 AM
This is nobody's *SLAP*.
Nobody wants to read your idiotic, wrongheaded, tl;dr babble. Conflating third-party sales with piracy is about the most pathetic thing I've read on these forums, & I've been reading the cretinous trolls' posting ITT.

Dry up & blow away, you sanctimonious tardmerican loon...

wialns87
01-27-2015, 08:54 AM
Hi guys so...i bought cd-key from another company who is selling keys and guess what i paid 35 new zealand dolars i got my cd-key i tried to activate and the moment i press activate window pop up that my cd-key is banned, i contact them and i get reply from them.

Hello Adrius, we have been informed that Ubisoft is removing the codes that have not been purchased from the primary stores at full price; it is not that the codes are not legit, simply they are removing codes that have
not been directly sold from their store or their partners, thus forcing players to acquire the game at full price.

This is afecting most of online retailers, we had word from G2A, G2play and other major online resellers codes being removed too, most of them to be precise.

So they removing keys *banning keys* for a broken game and they want to people to buy only at full price from their shop how F***** horrible they are i have no words , wont buy any game form them.

infamous2117
01-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Same thing happening to far cry 4 owners....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdstNvWY1No

Ubifail are becoming a bigger laughing stock than dice.

strigoi1958
01-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Hi guys so...i bought cd-key from another company who is selling keys and guess what i paid 35 new zealand dolars i got my cd-key i tried to activate and the moment i press activate window pop up that my cd-key is banned, i contact them and i get reply from them.

Hello Adrius, we have been informed that Ubisoft is removing the codes that have not been purchased from the primary stores at full price; it is not that the codes are not legit, simply they are removing codes that have
not been directly sold from their store or their partners, thus forcing players to acquire the game at full price.

This is afecting most of online retailers, we had word from G2A, G2play and other major online resellers codes being removed too, most of them to be precise.

So they removing keys *banning keys* for a broken game and they want to people to buy only at full price from their shop how F***** horrible they are i have no words , wont buy any game form them.

That is a load of rubbish... whoever sent you that is lying... I have only paid full retail price for a game twice in the last 10 years... Unity cost me 40% of the retail price from cdkeys.com A mod on this thread has already posted why these keys are banned.

I hope everyone gets a refund soon and to all those who have got their refund now .... well done.

When I bought a "game for windows" from microsoft.... they didn't tell me that they opened an xboxlive account for me and kept all my credit card details "live" no need for anyone to input my credit card security pin or anything.... a year later I got an email congratulating me on my purchase :confused: when I checked £51.00 (65 euros / 78 USD) had been taken from my account and used to buy something for a fifa football game that can be sold on ebay....

It took M$ 9 months to refund me.............

F1VESTARS
01-27-2015, 01:50 PM
I bought this game on steam. So I was lucky.

I wonder why should allarm bells ring if a game is sold for 50% of the original price?

Steam often sells games with large price reduction up to 90% sometimes.

How should I know up front if a price drop is legitemate or not.

Many shops and sellers use price drops te get/lure customers.

If I walk through the city I see many shops advertising their stuff with huge price drops.

MyRealName99
01-27-2015, 02:05 PM
I just checked FC4 in amazon.. Hardcopy 40 USD, PC Downlaod 60 USD. I paid at Kinguin 30 euros, i think that's about 42 USD or something, so I'm pretty sure, that's a fair price tag.

strigoi1958
01-27-2015, 02:06 PM
I bought this game on steam. So I was lucky.

I wonder why should allarm bells ring if a game is sold for 50% of the original price?

Steam often sells games with large price reduction up to 90% sometimes.

How should I know up front if a price drop is legitemate or not.

Many shops and sellers use price drops te get/lure customers.

If I walk through the city I see many shops advertising their stuff with huge price drops.

it depends where you buy it from... steam will/ should be safe. I buy from ebay but usually only if the seller has over 500 sales and 99.8% good feedback but I always read the negative feedback to be safe... if I see it on there and the seller has 14 sales and the price is buy it now and really silly cheap... I avoid it.... it may be legit but I don't have time for trouble.

ScoJoh
01-27-2015, 02:44 PM
this what ubi support told me guys.

i really need a reason as to why it was banned so that i can get a refund

Please either use a printout or the reference number: "01996878" in your communication with the retailer.

as they are specificly saying to use that reference with the seller do you think that will give them the proof they ask for as to why it was banned?

From reading various places and then seeing this, I believe what has taken place is this:

Retailers (3rd party) have gotten Retail Box keys and are selling them separately online. Notice the wording in the message above where it says, "we do not either sell or promote retailers to sell games and keys separately."

So any fraud that is being investigated is likely dealing with someone getting a batch of retail box keys and either selling them to various 3rd party sites OR someone at these 3rd party sites has taken boxed keys and is falsely selling them as digital keys.

When you buy a retail key, it should come with the box, DVD, and anything else they put in the box.

MyRealName99
01-27-2015, 03:06 PM
From reading various places and then seeing this, I believe what has taken place is this:

Retailers (3rd party) have gotten Retail Box keys and are selling them separately online. Notice the wording in the message above where it says, "we do not either sell or promote retailers to sell games and keys separately."

So any fraud that is being investigated is likely dealing with someone getting a batch of retail box keys and either selling them to various 3rd party sites OR someone at these 3rd party sites has taken boxed keys and is falsely selling them as digital keys.

When you buy a retail key, it should come with the box, DVD, and anything else they put in the box.

Nevertheless if the keys came from retail boxes, Ubisoft got their money for it and by deactivating these keys now, without even asking if I do have the box, they stole from me. I paid for the key and the box with real money, Ubisoft got exactly the amount they were asking for, normally everyone should be happy. I don't pirate games, I have around 260 games in my steam library plus origin games plus ubisoft games + games that fit in neither... and I'm getting robbed by Ubisoft ?
The only conclusion is, that the only shady company in all that is Ubisoft, as they take from me what I paid them for without explanation. I'm still waiting since friday on my open ticket

leroy19852010
01-27-2015, 03:10 PM
so should i esculate the claim with paypal straight away, as i cant see g2a responding to me in the resolution bit, i sent them a comlpaint form and theyve not replied

Mr_Shade
01-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Hello there,

"We regularly deactivate keys that were fraudulently obtained and resold. In this case, we are currently investigating the origin of the fraud, and will update customers as soon as we have more information to share. In the meantime, customers should contact the vendor from whom they purchased the key."

GodsHammer1
01-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Another one here. Rage big Rage. Got banned for buying from G2A, I will never buy anything from Ubisoft again.

MyRealName99
01-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Hello there,

Then tell us what in this case is "fraudulently obtained" ? Did they stole keys and never paid for them ? Did they sell hard copy keys online but did pay for them ? The only one doing fraud is Ubisoft by taking away a paid product without explanation or proof from customers that have decided to support your company by not pirating your games.

But I'm sure you're not going to respond, because you know very well, that the keys were paid for by G2A & Co., just not as much as you would like, but exactly what you asked for in the first place.

Melhadf
01-27-2015, 03:55 PM

I've seen no proof of any fraud. Ubisoft has provided none so far just the PR bluster above.
We bought keys legally under Exhaustion directive/First Sales Doctrine which is EU and US law. This was done in good faith
Ubisoft accepted keys for upto two months before changing their minds.
Ubisoft revoked keys in breach of their own T&C by not informing people they had removed games from their account.
Ubisoft has provided no proof that the keys were fraudulent, in fact the only thing they have in common is that they weren't purchased by the end user directly from Ubisoft.

A distributor that buys keys directly from Ubisoft has said some of their keys have been revoked too.

All in all, Ubisoft looks like the bad guy until they can provide proof. Without proof they are in breaking the law. So come on, give us this proof already. It's been almost a week now.

Mr_Shade
01-27-2015, 03:59 PM
I've seen no proof of any fraud. Ubisoft has provided none so far just the PR bluster above.
We bought keys legally under Exhaustion directive/First Sales Doctrine which is EU and US law. This was done in good faith
Ubisoft accepted keys for upto two months before changing their minds.
Ubisoft revoked keys in breach of their own T&C by not informing people they had removed games from their account.
Ubisoft has provided no proof that the keys were fraudulent, in fact the only thing they have in common is that they weren't purchased by the end user directly from Ubisoft.

A distributor that buys keys directly from Ubisoft has said some of their keys have been revoked too.

All in all, Ubisoft looks like the bad guy until they can provide proof. Without proof they are in breaking the law. So come on, give us this proof already. It's been almost a week now.

The official statement:

Is all I can say on the matter- and should be clear why the keys where revoked, as soon as we have anything else to share - it will be posted - however I suggest you contact your retailer for a refund asap.

Melhadf
01-27-2015, 04:06 PM
The official statement:

Is all I can say on the matter- and should be clear why the keys where revoked, as soon as we have anything else to share - it will be posted - however I suggest you contact your retailer for a refund asap.

As I said, there is no proof of any of this. The only proof so far is Ubisoft not liking the games they make selling for less than they'd like. Give me the proof and I will be the first to apologise, until then Ubi have taken these legally purchased keys with no evidence. They are breaking Us and EU/UK law until they show otherwise.

In fact give me the proof that the person I purchased from behaved illegally and I will provide everything I can to help in Ubisofts prosecution of them. You are intending to press charges aren't you.

Can you at least comment on why no-one was notified of their games and keys being revoked? It's in your EULA that you will contact each and every one of us affected

MyRealName99
01-27-2015, 04:06 PM
I think most of us got their money back from real companies that care for their customers.
And it's actually not clear, why they revoked the keys, because you fail to explain what "fraudulently obtained" means in this context.. Did you get paid for those keys or not ?

tugdil
01-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Ubisoft you are unbelievable... seriously!
This was the last game i ever bought from you guys.
I am not mad because you banned a "not authorized / stolen" key. This is your right.
But the way you handled this situation is f***ing disrespectful. You disable keys and did not even bother to inform your users... nothing!
I already contacted the Seller of my key and it took them 90 minutes to reply. They want a statement from the Ubisoft Support to clarify why the key has been banned to induce a refund.
I contacted your support two days ago and still no answer. How is it possible that a simple key-store is able to reply within 2 hours and a multi-million dollar company like Ubisoft cant to the same within two days?

That said.... never again! Your games aren’t worth the s**t you are pulling off.
Cheers

tcarlisle2012
01-27-2015, 05:36 PM
You compare apples with oranges, we didn't buy a cheap knockoff (a false key), we bought an original key, that uplay accepted as one of theirs. Then they decided to revoke them after we paid and most likely after they got their money, too... citing here from a comment in pcgamer.com

I got my refund from that "shady company" while I still wait for a response from Ubisoft on my ticket since Friday.

Yes, whether you want to realize it or not, you bought a knock-off. You didn't intend to, and you trusted your retailer wasn't doing that, but that is what happened.

Ubisoft does not owe an answer to the people whose keys were banned. The retailer owes an answer to those customers. Ubisoft owes an answer to the retailer companies why the keys are being banned, and if Ubisoft is in the wrong I am sure they will owe something to those retailers.

Welcome to black market dealings and the risks associated with buying on the black market. The people affected may not have realized it or intended to assume that risk, and are not to blame.

But is is unrealistic to expect Ubisoft to eat the lost revenue.

This thread is full of assumptions that Ubisoft was paid for the keys from those retailers. Does anyone know that happened at all? No.

The payment for those keys may have been on a line of credit, where Ubisoft provided a batch of keys under an agreement that $X would be paid net 30 or net 45. And after that 30 or 45 days came and no payment, the keys aren't valid.

Or the keys were simply cracked....

Or the keys were paid for on a stolen credit card....

This being digital goods and not physical, it isn't uncommon for the wholesaler to put faith in the retailer and release the digital goods up front. This is why you can go to plenty of places and pay and get an immediate digital download. And the moment you pay the transaction to pay the wholesaler doesn't happen at that time.

There are dozens of valid business reasons this might have happened and Ubisoft is in the right and your retailer is 100% to blame.

That is why this scam is brilliant. The party doing shady business can escape accountabilit from the affected customers.

MyRealName99
01-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Or the keys were simply cracked....

It was already established, that the keys could not have been cracked, as Ubisoft has a list of their generated keys and all those keys activated, they came originally from Ubisoft.
And I don't know, if you noticed, but Ubisoft in no moment said, the key were stolen from them or not paid for to them. Wonder, why... I am sure, that most of the people here would understand it and file their claim with their retailer and be done with it. But strangely Ubisoft does not make such a claim. So until i hear otherwise I keep believing that Ubisoft indeed got paid for their keys, they just don't like that the keys are sold cheaper than they like.
And we're not even talking about dirt cheap, my FC4 cost me in January the same as I could have bought it at steam in december

GreatSkull.Zer0
01-27-2015, 06:04 PM
this is too bad, i'm just wainting that ubi proves that keyshops are ilegal and never go back to them again, meanwhile keyhops are legal until ubisoft says otherwise, and i already put a ticket on g2a but they are waiting on a ubisoft answer because this seems the case of: OH! you didn't bought it in our gamestore; BAN!!. And keyshops can really had the money and power to join and lawsuit ubisoft for the alleged damages to users, costumers, and sellers.

Spaghetyn
01-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Ubisoft you are unbelievable... seriously!
This was the last game i ever bought from you guys.
I am not mad because you banned a "not authorized / stolen" key. This is your right.
But the way you handled this situation is f***ing disrespectful. You disable keys and did not even bother to inform your users... nothing!
I already contacted the Seller of my key and it took them 90 minutes to reply. They want a statement from the Ubisoft Support to clarify why the key has been banned to induce a refund.
I contacted your support two days ago and still no answer. How is it possible that a simple key-store is able to reply within 2 hours and a multi-million dollar company like Ubisoft cant to the same within two days?

That said.... never again! Your games aren’t worth the s**t you are pulling off.
Cheers

I have contacted the support on 1/4/2015 and so far I have not received a reply :mad:
1/22/2015 I wrote to Ubisoft support on FB that i have an open ticket and that I still have not received a response.
Their response was "I apologize for the delay, I will pass this on to a member of the support team for the game and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

And up until now, I am still waiting for some reply from the support to my ticket. Still....

pottoki
01-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Good day:

I have not only lost Assasin's Creed: Unity, my Farcry 4 key also disappeared. Its nice to see how fast money disappear from your account at pay time, but how slow issues are resolved.
A shame ubisoft.

GreatSkull.Zer0
01-27-2015, 08:48 PM
I have contacted the support on 1/4/2015 and so far I have not received a reply :mad:
1/22/2015 I wrote to Ubisoft support on FB that i have an open ticket and that I still have not received a response.
Their response was "I apologize for the delay, I will pass this on to a member of the support team for the game and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

And up until now, I am still waiting for some reply from the support to my ticket. Still....

i need a reply from ubisoft too, or else my money can't be refunded, BUT WAIT, what if ubisoft is not willing to answer because the keys aren't really "not authorized / stolen" and ubisoft did get a profit with this, answering and clarifing this, will make them loose their profits from these supossed "stolen keys".

Mr_Shade
01-27-2015, 08:50 PM
i need a reply from ubisoft too, or else my money can't be refunded, BUT WAIT, what if ubisoft is not willing to answer because the keys aren't really "not authorized / stolen" and ubisoft did get a profit with this, answering and clarifing this, will make them loose their profits from these supossed "stolen keys".

If you have issues claiming your refund - please quote this to them:

Official Statement: We regularly deactivate keys that were fraudulently obtained and resold.

In this case, we are currently investigating the origin of the fraud, and will update customers as soon as we have more information to share.

In the meantime, customers should contact the vendor from whom they purchased the key.

driskull
01-27-2015, 09:34 PM
So now I have a key from a hard copy I bought from amazon. I put in the key number. Says it's activated. But won't let me launch the game???

Kept trying to launch it but it keeps asking me to put in the key. I put in the key, says its already on my account.

Did this a few times. Now my account is banned for 10 mins.

I think ubisoft's solution to everything is "BAN THEM!". Crappy software.

DarkAC
01-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Stop buying Ubisoft games.
Starting download games.
Don't care anymore about Ubisoft .
Ez pz

UbiJustin
01-27-2015, 09:53 PM
So now I have a key from a hard copy I bought from amazon. I put in the key number. Says it's activated. But won't let me launch the game???

Kept trying to launch it but it keeps asking me to put in the key. I put in the key, says its already on my account.

Did this a few times. Now my account is banned for 10 mins.

I think ubisoft's solution to everything is "BAN THEM!". Crappy software.

If you contact our support, they will be able to look into this for you: https://support.ubi.com

Mr_Shade
01-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Just a reminder - discussing piracy - is against the forum rules.

Please do not continue, I know some of you are upset, however please abide by the rules else you will force the Moderation teams hands.

You all should contact your retailers - and see what they suggest or offer.

driskull
01-27-2015, 10:00 PM
If you contact our support, they will be able to look into this for you: https://support.ubi.com

Sure, so I can hear back from them in 3 days and then maybe in a week I can actually play the game?

tcarlisle2012
01-27-2015, 10:25 PM
Sure, so I can hear back from them in 3 days and then maybe in a week I can actually play the game?

Have you tried logging into your Uplay account through the web interface and not through uPlay app to see if it is under "games owned"? uPlay app might not be in syncin terms of knowledge that you own the title.

Rebooting will probably clear it. If it persists I'd remove and reinstall uplay

If the web interface doesn't show you own it, then its going to have to be a Ubi support issue.

driskull
01-27-2015, 10:39 PM
Have you tried logging into your Uplay account through the web interface and not through uPlay app to see if it is under "games owned"? uPlay app might not be in syncin terms of knowledge that you own the title.

Rebooting will probably clear it. If it persists I'd remove and reinstall uplay

If the web interface doesn't show you own it, then its going to have to be a Ubi support issue.

Yes, it shows in the web interface but not in uplay.

tcarlisle2012
01-28-2015, 12:14 AM
I suppose there is value in continuing to scream at Ubisof because it might feel good. But the most effective way of getting this issue resolved is to refuse to buy the story being told by the retailer(s) and demand resolution from them.

I got my refund from one of those retailers without too much hassle, then took that money towards buying straight from Ubisoft. Yes, they won't roll over and give in and will try to push back and/or redirect you back at Ubi.

How the codes were procured by the retailer(s) and how that violates terms with Ubisoft isn't too important and can be debated until we are all blue and we will only find out if Ubisoft discloses it.... or those retailers bring a lawsuit, or a class action from the consumers.

No, it didn't raise my brow too much to see the game for $35 when a month earlier I had bought my first copy on sale from Steam for probably less. I thought the "guarantee" by the retailer along with their web page statements assuring the business was legit could be believed.

Yes I wish Steam, Amazon, Best Buy, or some retailer that has a better track record and reputation had the game on sale and $59 wasn't the going rate -- especially since it is a second copy within one household.

For those that want to understand how software keys work and a situation like this can happen: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3002067/how-are-software-license-keys-generated

Online activation typically has auth codes that are defined as valid. A good code system is such that it follows an algorithm (or a boat load of hard coded) possible codes that can't be guessed. If a code that doesn't fit the algorithm or defined set of codes is tried, it will immediately fail authorization. If the code does fit the pattern, it will pass authorization and work. But the code can be invalidated after that point. This is likely to happen if the code you have was issued to be used by packaging with a certain OEM system, certain region, etc. and it becomes obvious the key was used in some other way. Why all those situations of special licensing exist is another discussion.

But if an auth key works at first, and then gets revoked, it almost always means the key isn't legit in some way. I suppose mistakes can happen. But usually if a mistake has happened the retailer fixes it. When the retailer completely divorces themselves and points the finger at the wholesaler, that is a good sign that the retailer isn't as legit as initially hoped.

It is a shame retailers have done this to so many people, taking their hard earned money and then making this look like a Ubisoft issue. I suppose one way to fix it is never buy another Ubisoft game again. But if you keep buying whatever games you do buy from those same retailers, don't be too surprised if you hit the same issue.

tcarlisle2012
01-28-2015, 12:21 AM
Yes, it shows in the web interface but not in uplay.

That is good. If rebooting doesn't fix, I'd remove/reinstall uplay. That is of course assuming it is not being started in offline mode, etc. If you have the credentials for login set to automatically log you in, you might try disabling that and logging in manually. I'd check to make sure the uplay and app has been granted permission in windows firewall. Usually pops up a screen when you install uplay, but that pop-up can get inadvertently canceled. Not sure how uplay handles when it can't connect -- it might simply connect using data as of the last time it connected.

Daliyaa
01-28-2015, 12:42 AM
I had a same thing..I bought it by via CD key store..and my key got banned..IDk why I bought it legally :-/

similarly
01-28-2015, 12:58 AM
Daliyaa, YOU might have paid money and thereby done nothing illegal, but perhaps the store or their vendors acquired the keys illegitimately.

I looked at G2A. They have REALLY cheap prices, much cheaper than any sale prices I've seen for some of these RECENT games. See, that automatically smells fishy. If they were legit, they couldn't do that, because it would be taking a huge loss.

There are a LOT of other online stores that ARE legitimate and trustworthy. Maybe stick to those.

Melhadf
01-28-2015, 01:05 AM
I looked at G2A. They have REALLY cheap prices, much cheaper than any sale prices I've seen for some of these RECENT games. See, that automatically smells fishy. If they were legit, they couldn't do that, because it would be taking a huge loss.

Supermarkets routinely have "Loss leaders" that cost them money. By your logic no-one should use a supermarket either.

MikeRawesome
01-28-2015, 01:37 AM
Hello all,

What kind of excuse is that? No seriously, explain why you think this is a good excuse that has rightly annoyed your playerbase. You know those people who actually buy your games instead of pirating them.

Daliyaa
01-28-2015, 02:15 AM
I bought it by www.keygame.cz which has good customors respondes..so but like you said :-/ i wanted play ACU and game dissapeared sad :-/

Ryk_Feral
01-28-2015, 02:43 AM
It comes down to this.
Ubisoft is the only official supplier for the keys for this game.

These third party sellers didn't get their keys from the official supplier. This can be done through many means, some illegal and others violation of terms of sale and such.
That's why their "normal price" is lower than the official set price.
It's never a good idea to buy from third party sellers simply because they obtain their products typically through outside channels which is a violation of terms of sale for for most products. This what the old 'not for resale' term means.

Think of it this way........a car dealer selling Ferrari's for less than half of their going price (though in this that example the cars are just plain stolen).
The point is they're keys which shouldn't be for sale in that manner and from multiple sellers. Some could be stolen, some could be taken from inside shoplifted boxes, some could be from just who knows where.

You could say they're being sold outside of Ubisoft's area of control. In these cases, the seller is liable for damages (depending on terms of sale).....nobody else. The key you bought had already been in violation when it went to the seller, so what you bought was in a way 'a key in violation of terms of sale' (a term I just made up since I think it describes it best) and viable to be banned (and that was BEFORE you bought it).

Go to the seller and demand a refund. If they keep refusing......well that typically means they're trying to pull one over. It's not the first time this has happened with third party sellers and won't be the last.

driskull
01-28-2015, 03:06 AM
That is good. If rebooting doesn't fix, I'd remove/reinstall uplay. That is of course assuming it is not being started in offline mode, etc. If you have the credentials for login set to automatically log you in, you might try disabling that and logging in manually. I'd check to make sure the uplay and app has been granted permission in windows firewall. Usually pops up a screen when you install uplay, but that pop-up can get inadvertently canceled. Not sure how uplay handles when it can't connect -- it might simply connect using data as of the last time it connected.

I re-installed uplay and it still will not show in my games list but does on the web and shows under my account with the key.

First they delete my game and key, so I have to buy it from a "authorized" reseller. Now that I've done that, they still won't let me play because their platform can't handle issues like this. very frustrating. Definitely the last game I will purchase from them at this point.

leroy198529
01-28-2015, 03:39 AM

yeah the problem is youre customer service or support is absolutly disgusting, i had questions that went unanswered for months, so when ever i see one of you say contact them i instantly think its pointless, you may as well say we cant help you

GreatSkull.Zer0
01-28-2015, 05:42 AM

Official Statement: We regularly deactivate keys that were fraudulently obtained and resold.

In this case, we are currently investigating the origin of the fraud, and will update customers as soon as we have more information to share.

In the meantime, customers should contact the vendor from whom they purchased the key.

Hey i need your help, since it's nobody helping me inside support, can you tell the official statement here so i can make a screenshot and send them to their support page, you told the far cry users that :

“We confirmed activation keys were recently purchased from EA’s Origin store using fraudulent credit card information and then resold online,”

“These keys may have been deactivated. Customers who may have been impacted should contact the vendor where they purchased the key for a refund.”

please confirm that here too.

Melhadf
01-28-2015, 08:56 AM
It comes down to this.
Ubisoft is the only official supplier for the keys for this game.

These third party sellers didn't get their keys from the official supplier. This can be done through many means, some illegal and others violation of terms of sale and such.
That's why their "normal price" is lower than the official set price.
It's never a good idea to buy from third party sellers simply because they obtain their products typically through outside channels which is a violation of terms of sale for for most products. This what the old 'not for resale' term means.

Think of it this way........a car dealer selling Ferrari's for less than half of their going price (though in this that example the cars are just plain stolen).
The point is they're keys which shouldn't be for sale in that manner and from multiple sellers. Some could be stolen, some could be taken from inside shoplifted boxes, some could be from just who knows where.

You could say they're being sold outside of Ubisoft's area of control. In these cases, the seller is liable for damages (depending on terms of sale).....nobody else. The key you bought had already been in violation when it went to the seller, so what you bought was in a way 'a key in violation of terms of sale' (a term I just made up since I think it describes it best) and viable to be banned (and that was BEFORE you bought it).

Go to the seller and demand a refund. If they keep refusing......well that typically means they're trying to pull one over. It's not the first time this has happened with third party sellers and won't be the last.

There is no proof that the keys were illegally obtained, just that they were bought from a seller that wasn't ubisoft, steam or amazon. If there was proof then you are correct, the seller would be liable.
However, unofficial sellers are not illegal. In fact there are laws to say that selling on something you bought is legal, it's called First Sale Doctrine. There was a case in 2012 (usedsoft vs Oracle) which sets the EUs stance on such matters. As long as you destroy your copy then it's perfectly legal. So if you buy a key to sell from Ubisoft or amazon, that's fine provided you destroy the copy of the key you hold.
Without proof that there is anything illegal just the PR non-message Ubisoft is the one breaking the law in both the EU/UK and the US. Which is why I want to see the proof that this key was bought illegally. I have proof that I bought it legally (under current laws) in good faith.

The US also set case precedent in Kirtsaeng v. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, which was a case about importing goods. It applies to video games too as they were specificaly mentioned. So, to the US people Ubisoft is violating your rights and breaking your laws.

Your car analogy is pointless. The correct one would be you buy a second hand car privately, everything is great for a couple of months until the manufacturer turns up and takes it in the middle of the night and cubes it. You wake up to find it gone, and nothing there not even a message from the manufacturer. A few days later the manufacturer puts out a PR piece saying that they don't like people not buying from a showroom so took the cars that were bought second hand away - This is where we are currently as there is nothing but UBI saying they didn't like the keys with no proof.

Give us the proof and I for one will publicly apologise. Until then they have taken away a legal purchase through deception, that's illegal.

strigoi1958
01-28-2015, 11:01 AM
Keys can be obtained fraudulently in many ways... i.e. promo codes can be stolen from gfx cards and sold on... then the card sold without the promo code.... or worse sold with a promo code that has already been used, imagine buying a new gtx980 for 500 euros ( $450, £450) with a free unity game and logging in to uplay to find your game has been stolen.

People here asked for a reason... then they were given a reason, now they are asking for proof... possibly when UBI have found where these codes were first obtained they may print a statement... but I do not think they will just keep adding fuel to the fire on this thread because when people are aggrieved nothing ever satisfies them.

wenneberg77
01-28-2015, 12:41 PM

Yep driskull you should do that! Remember to include a screenshot of the key in question and proof of purchase, because every time you reply to something to their customer service it takes a week for them to respond. Took me 1 month for an issue that's still not solved and I just ended up giving up and closing the ticket.

Good luck!

Ryk_Feral
01-28-2015, 03:44 PM
This is going nowhere. The point is the only legal supplier for keys to the game was ubisoft. DIRECT from ubisoft. These third party sellers never bought anything from ubisoft. THAT is the point ubisoft has made clear multiple times in this thread.
Yes the seller is the one at fault. Not the buyer......and also not the supplier. This means you can't get a new key or refund from ubisoft. Only from the place purchased from (such as G2A who only sells keys and not the product for pretty much anything).
Legally, the seller YOU dealt with is responsible. The only legal thing they can really do is give a refund.

Think of it this way, from a normal store you buy "the game" and they provide you with a key to activate the game.
But with a third party seller, you are buying "a key" instead of the game. Companies aren't allowed to simply just sell keys.

I'm not a fan of ubisoft at all. But I will say they ARE NOT in the wrong with this.
People going on rants here on this are not helping. Ubi did nothing wrong in this matter and deserves not blame on this point.
Yes you are another victim....that is not being denied. But you aren't a victim of ubisoft, you're a victim of sales from the third party you purchased through.
They've already given one post in here awhile back that should be able to act as proof for who you bought from (though many third party sellers do try to get out of that).

If you want to press for something, just press for a bigger official statement about sales through third party sellers.
This is what shade said back on page 23

If they ask for something for a refund......quote them like above and provide a link to where it's said in this thread.
That should be all the proof needed for a refund. If they try to use the "give me a reason" line......tell them just "the key you gave me was banned, so why did you sell me a key marked for being banned" I'd just love to see g2a's response when they get flooded with that.

My opinion from some of what has been said at points in this thread........sounds like many stores may have gotten batches of keys stolen or purchased from stolen cards. So these stores reported the keys to the supplier (ubisoft) so the keys could get banned. Those keys that were stolen were then sold to people online through third party sellers such as g2a.

Mr_Shade
01-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Some of you maybe already aware - if you have read any of the major gaming sites:

Here is an updated Statement - G2A etc should now be aware of why the keys were revoked, however if they still need an official statement, here it is:

Official Statement:

We strongly recommend that players purchase keys and downloadable games only from the Uplay Store or their trusted retailers.

We regularly work with our authorized resellers to identify and deactivate fraudulently obtained and resold keys.

In this case, we confirmed activation keys were recently purchased from EA’s Origin store using fraudulent credit card information
and then resold online.

These keys may have been deactivated.

Customers who may have been impacted should contact the vendor where they purchased the key for a refund.

MyRealName99
01-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Think of it this way, from a normal store you buy "the game" and they provide you with a key to activate the game.
But with a third party seller, you are buying "a key" instead of the game. Companies aren't allowed to simply just sell keys.

When you buy a Ubisift game at Steam you get a key to be activated in Uplay, nothing more.. and a fancy entry in your steam game list :)

Mr_Shade
01-28-2015, 04:14 PM
And also EA have released this statement about the situation and why they alerted Ubisoft:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-28-deactivated-ubisoft-game-keys-bought-from-eas-origin-using-stolen-credit-cards

An EA spokesperson issued Eurogamer the following statement:
"A number of activation keys for Ubisoft products were purchased from Origin using fraudulent credit cards, and then resold online.
We identified the unauthorised keys and notified Ubisoft.
If you are having trouble with an activation key, we recommend you contact the vendor who sold it to you for a refund.

We strongly advise players only purchase keys from Origin or trusted resellers.’

More information on EA's policy is available here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/should-i-purchase-my-ea-downloadable-games-from-cd-key-sellers/

Hopefully this helps those affected get refunds.

Ryk_Feral
01-28-2015, 04:20 PM
When you buy a Ubisift game at Steam you get a key to be activated in Uplay, nothing more.. and a fancy entry in your steam game list :)

True. But what steam sells is still "the game". They give you a key to activate that game, but they didn't sell you the key. They provided the key as a part of the sale of "the game".
I know it seems like just a play on words.....but I think that's the simplest way to put it.

Like if you buy a book. You're buying a book of that title. It's got a upc code attached. A situation like I described would be, you bought the upc code.....not the book.
If you buy a movie ticket........you're buying to see the movie, not just buying the ticket. A third party isn't authorized to sell seats for that movie.....so they just sell "tickets".

Whenever I hear of third party sellers.......what first comes to mind is scalpers.

ScoJoh
01-28-2015, 04:38 PM
I just logged into G2A and can no longer find how to get back into my support ticket. The little notification button is missing.... Anyone else experiencing this and if so... seems like someone doesn't want any more people reporting issues.... At least it appears they are making it difficult.