PDA

View Full Version : Minor SPOILER: Arno and Elise -ew!

JohnConnor2012
12-23-2014, 03:36 PM
In another illustration of ACU's half-bakedness, it's worth adding that Arno is technically Elise's brother through adoption, making their relationship even more inappropriate. Ew - #incest! Bound to end badly, right..?

johnsmith145
12-23-2014, 05:15 PM
> brother through adoption
> incest

dargor5
12-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Incest only applies to blood relatives, besides is France in the XVIII century and I don't think anything is more disturbing than Marques de Sade

Smrda94
12-23-2014, 11:39 PM
Incest only applies to blood relatives, besides is France in the XVIII century and I don't think anything is more disturbing than Marques de Sade

Agree with u :D

Kraschman2010
12-24-2014, 07:12 AM
Technically I don't believe he's her brother through adoption either. I seem to recall he's referred to as a ward of Monsieur De La Serre.

So her father is merely his legal guardian, but never appeared to actually adopt the boy. Foster father and sister at best then, and since he's of legal age himself now, seems there's no real issue.

jeffies04
12-24-2014, 07:18 AM
He was a ward of Grand Master de La Serre.

Not even adopted or acknowledged as a "son"

Edit: Basically just said the same thing, sorry. It's an important distinction though. They would not be, under those circumstances, led to believe they were brother/sister. There would have been a very palpable difference in their station in the house, which the game does capture (Arno reporting to the butler for assignments is a pretty big indication). He got to enjoy time with the family but there was a clear distinction made.