PDA

View Full Version : Shay Cormac's descendant

MikyAuditore
12-21-2014, 02:34 AM
I finished recently AC Rogue and asked myself one thing (please do not take me for an idiot):
Who is the descendant of Shay from which we took his memories?

Assassin_M
12-21-2014, 02:35 AM
It's not said. I have a theory that it's Otso Berg, though.

JustPlainQuirky
12-21-2014, 02:36 AM
Yeah I think it's Otso Berg too.

Then again, Shay is pretty old by the end of Rogue.

It's possible he didn't have kids at all and ended up having a blood vile.

MikyAuditore
12-21-2014, 02:40 AM
Me too i thought that Otso Berg was his descendant. Maybe Shay has had at least one child who has passed through DNA memories to the person from whom we were able to relive the memories of Shay

JustPlainQuirky
12-21-2014, 02:43 AM
If so, that parter of Shay's is a lucky woman.

And I don't mean that as an irish pun.

ze_topazio
12-21-2014, 02:49 AM
I am his descendant.

SlyTrooper
12-21-2014, 03:26 AM
And I don't mean that as an irish pun.

Fun fact: I'm part Irish.

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-21-2014, 03:34 AM
Fun fact: I'm part Irish.

im part german,english,french,scottish and irish

Namikaze_17
12-21-2014, 03:37 AM
It's not said. I have a theory that it's Otso Berg, though.

Hmm, that'd be interesting.

He's already a descendant of a Viking too...

Altair1789
12-21-2014, 05:27 AM
Sadly, we'll not know if Shay even had a kid unless Ubi makes a game/ dlc/ video/ book involving Eseosa, Aveline, Connor, Shay, and possibly Arno
I think they're completely done with Eseosa, Aveline, Connor, and Shay, but Arno will probably get an ending

Namikaze_17
12-21-2014, 05:45 AM
Sadly, we'll not know if Shay even had a kid unless Ubi makes a game/ dlc/ video/ book involving Eseosa, Aveline, Connor, Shay, and possibly Arno
I think they're completely done with Eseosa, Aveline, Connor, and Shay, but Arno will probably get an ending

Because who needs those guys when we can get an Godzio every game. :cool:

VestigialLlama4
12-21-2014, 07:56 AM
I finished recently AC Rogue and asked myself one thing (please do not take me for an idiot):
Who is the descendant of Shay from which we took his memories?

I am not even sure if Shay has a descendant. I said this before, but the Blood Vials in AC4 and the DATA DUMP SCANNER mean that they no longer have to scan memories the old way. They can simply extract DNA from a blood sample or other DNA that survives and trace memories from there. That's how they can continue to "harvest" Desmond after his death.

The Blood Vials allow for long-term preservation of blood. There are also suggestions in ROGUE that Shay doesn't come from the usual fashion.
- Otso Berg and Violet keep saying after jumps, that this means Shay lived to see this time period. These suggestions make no sense given what we know about the Animus, its like they expected Shay to die at some point.
- After they get a glimpse of Versailles they repeat again, that it means Shay will live after events of ROGUE.

DecentGaming
03-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Through what I saw, Cudgel Cormac is the descendant of Shay Cormac. I think this info is true, but he's having a child too old. Like really.
EXTRA: Cudgel seems to me like "not a good name", sounds weird to me.

Helforsite
03-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Through what I saw, Cudgel Cormac is the descendant of Shay Cormac. I think this info is true, but he's having a child too old. Like really.
EXTRA: Cudgel seems to me like "not a good name", sounds weird to me.
Yeah Cudgel Cormac was confirmed as Shay descendant (grandson afaik) in The last Descendants.

WilliamClark70
07-18-2017, 08:37 PM
Yeah Cudgel Cormac was confirmed as Shay descendant (grandson afaik) in The last Descendants.

It says that Shay trained Cudgel. But how old was Shay when he trained Cudgel and how old was Cudgel in the Civil War. Keep in mind Shay was in the Seven Years War, that was like 105 years before the Civil War.

cawatrooper9
07-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Yeah, the wiki says

Since Shay reclaimed the artifact in 1776, he searched for more precursor artifacts rather than returning to the colonies.[3] Later in life he trained his son and grandson in learning to master Freerunning and Eagle Vision. They also inherited his air rifle. Shay remained a Templar to his death, having never betrayed the Templar Order.

Huh. So Shay was born in 1731. By 1776 he was in his mid 402. Not too old to have kids, at least from an anachronistic modern perspective.

Here's what the wiki says about Cudgel, emphasis mine:

During his youth and like his father before him, Cudgel Cormac was trained by his grandfather, Shay Cormac, learning to master Freerunning and Eagle Vision. Later, he also inherited the air rifle of the Cormacs, which Shay had stolen from the Master Templar Lawrence Washington when he was still an Assassin more than a century ago.

By 1863, Cormac was the feared barman of one of New York City's pubs, where he was acting as the Templar contact with the gangs, being a trusted agent of Grand Master William M. Tweed.

Doing some simple math, things seem a little off. I don't have info on how old Cudgel was at the time, but let's be pretty generous and say he was 40 in 1863. That puts him being born in 1823. The year he was born, Shay was 92 years old.

But, of course, Shay isn't going to be able to really do much training with Cudgel for several years, so he's presumably going to be at least 100 before training Cudgel, unless Cudgel was actually even older than 40 in 1863 (doesn't really seem likely to me based on the depictions I've seen of him, where he looks more like hes in his twenties, but I don't have a birth date so I can't say for certain).

100! That's quite an old age for someone back then. I'm sure his lessons on freerunning were more lecture based, but still... this seems like its some funky continuity, but I can't help but wonder if Shay managed to prolong his life and health with a POE somehow.

After all, let's go to the other extreme and say Cudgel was in his twenties in the Last Descendents events. That puts Shay at nearly 120 years old as he's training his grandson! Wow, some people love their work so much that they never retire!