PDA

View Full Version : Can't play anymore since patch 1.4

Going4Quests
12-19-2014, 03:48 PM
So I never had any problems with Assassin's Creed Unity. On the highest settings, everything maxed out on Ultra, with a GTX 970, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1 and an Intel Core I7 4770 (4x 3.40 GhZ) I was able to run 40-80 fps.

Now that I just updated to Patch 1.4 I am unable to play anymore at all. After the intro screens of how the game is made by a team of different beliefs etc the game get's a black screen where I even have to reboot my pc to leave the crashed game.

Please fix this Ubisoft.

ecocrash
12-19-2014, 03:55 PM
So I never had any problems with Assassin's Creed Unity. On the highest settings, everything maxed out on Ultra, with a GTX 970, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1 and an Intel Core I7 4770 (4x 3.40 GhZ) I was able to run 40-80 fps.

Now that I just updated to Patch 1.4 I am unable to play anymore at all. After the intro screens of how the game is made by a team of different beliefs etc the game get's a black screen where I even have to reboot my pc to leave the crashed game.

Please fix this Ubisoft.

same here, just installed new patch and black screen, doesn't happen with my ,er, back up with 1.3

Ubisoft may have to consider, perhaps for the first time ever, recalling the game/full refund, free game for all purchasers, its gone too far now.

Camel_Inside
12-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Install the last BETA drivers nVidia: 347.09 - BETA link for 970, Windows 8.1 x64 : http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/80913 problem solve :P

Going4Quests
12-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Is beta secure?

Camel_Inside
12-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Yes! install and then tell me! ;)

My GF have a 970 too and solve the problem with the beta drivers. i have a AMD card LOL. but is a shame UBI don't make this official. The normal user like mi GF don't enter in forums to solve this, the normal users PAY and PLAY...as it should be

UBI: Please make a official thread of this problem for the nVidia Users, is really a shame, shame on you ubi.

Going4Quests
12-19-2014, 04:09 PM
Omfg! Hero! Beta version of the driver fixed it! :D

vain.hiel.
12-19-2014, 04:30 PM
my god. wth is wrong with people nowadays. as if just got into pc gaming yesterday. it's very normal that when there's changes in certain games, a driver update is required. but to get through official whql version of driver takes sometime, nvidia/amd would release them as BETA. that's the whole purpose of a beta driver. latest update to latest changes that may be required.

shame on ubi? shame on u for not knowing about drivers zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Camel_Inside
12-19-2014, 04:33 PM
Omfg! Hero! Beta version of the driver fixed it! :D

:D I'm happy to help, but UBI should be doing it, like i tell before: The normal users PAY and PLAY...as it should be, this UBI is baffling...

ecocrash
12-19-2014, 04:38 PM
:D I'm happy to help, but UBI should be doing it, like i tell before: The normal users PAY and PLAY...as it should be, this UBI is baffling...

My card is AMD and it really should start, AMD won't release new drivers supporting patch 1.4 for some time, what to do?

Camel_Inside
12-19-2014, 04:41 PM
my god. wth is wrong with people nowadays. as if just got into pc gaming yesterday. it's very normal that when there's changes in certain games, a driver update is required. but to get through official whql version of driver takes sometime, nvidia/amd would release them as BETA. that's the whole purpose of a beta driver. latest update to latest changes that may be required.

You are a fool, please READ, if you donīt READ WELL, "UBI: Please make a official thread of this problem for the nVidia Users"
UBI should be reporting this in the INSTALL, normal user PAY and PLAY...as it should be, but at least warn the user! you don't help you are annoying.

Camel_Inside
12-19-2014, 04:42 PM
But you install the AMD OMEGA Drivers?

Elgore80
12-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Same here. No problem with crashes or frame drops so far. After applying patch 1.4 i am not able to play this game any more.
Quote Ubisoft: "Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us".
Anything i could say?!?!

DarkSolitudeX
12-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Same here. No problem with crashes or frame drops so far. After applying patch 1.4 i am not able to play this game any more.
Quote Ubisoft: "Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us".
Anything i could say?!?!

if you are using a NVidia card, then download the latest beta driver. If you are using AMD, then download the latest Omega driver. People seem to have luck with those.

vain.hiel.
12-19-2014, 04:52 PM
You are a fool, please READ, if you donīt READ WELL, "UBI: Please make a official thread of this problem for the nVidia Users"
UBI should be reporting this in the INSTALL, normal user PAY and PLAY...as it should be, but at least warn the user! you don't help you are annoying.

PAY and PLAY is what consoles are meant for. that's all im gonna highlight

Camel_Inside
12-19-2014, 05:17 PM
PAY and PLAY is what consoles are meant for. that's all im gonna highlight

ok men, you say what YOU think, are happy now? after this try to help others and talk less in threads of people with problems on THIS game...and people with console have problems too, ACU is BROKEN inside UBI cant fix it in 1 month. i hope patch 5 do more for the real problems not only the FPS wich patch 4 really broke more things. and now the fps go below in fact. Seriously i donīt know what UBI is doing, the game run smooth before patch 4 and still have the same problems in game Single player, i don't try the CO-OP yet

NicoParasite
12-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Install the last BETA drivers nVidia: 347.09 - BETA link for 970, Windows 8.1 x64 : http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/80913 problem solve :P

Yes! thank you this solved it for me :),i have a gtx 970 and i never had any problems with this game but this is pretty annoying and its lame that we need to install a beta driver just to get the game working.

Camel_Inside
12-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Yes! thank you this solved it for me :),i have a gtx 970 and i never had any problems with this game but this is pretty annoying and its lame that we need to install a beta driver just to get the game working.

YES,beta to improbe FPS is OK, but can't believe the game don't RUN if you don't have the BETA drivers is TOO MUCH, and no one Warning sign from UBI for this.

armand1880
12-19-2014, 07:00 PM

I don't think the big problem is that we have to update drivers, I think the big problem is that we were not notified that we'd have to update drivers - much less to a BETA driver. Ubisoft should have coordinated with Nvidia and had a full fledged driver release coincide with a big patch like this. To patch a game and have it not work, with no mention of this driver fix, and no warning to customers is the issue here (it also means that Ubisoft either didn't playtest this patch well enough to know this was an issue with one of the most popular new graphics card releases, or they didn't care to communicate the issue). I've been a PC gamer for 20 years, an active Steam user for 10 and have had hundreds of games I play patched via the service, and never had one patched into not working, and a silent developer on the matter. I don't care if its only been a day, its absurd.

(if we want to get into it further, I've never seen another game patched into not working without some notice from the developer - this is irresponsible and ridiculous of Ubisoft as it is).

monsimons
12-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Same here. Crashes to desktop, hangs on the start screen... The Beta driver fixed it. A forum thread would have been nice.

JohnConnor2012
12-19-2014, 09:27 PM
DL-ed 1.4 patch and whenever I try to Continue, game crashes and ACU.exe error message comes up. I already have AMD Omega driver installed. Help!

DanonMight
12-19-2014, 09:53 PM
YES,beta to improbe FPS is OK, but can't believe the game don't RUN if you don't have the BETA drivers is TOO MUCH, and no one Warning sign from UBI for this.
I do not have BETA drivers and game works fine for me. Though FPS dropped by 10-15 fps which at this state convinced me to abandon the game and follow how the forum talks goes.

JohnConnor2012
12-19-2014, 10:28 PM
OK, I verified files and that got the game working. However, Sequence 7.3 is as unbeatable as ever, same lag and presumably same failure to trigger cut scenes. I'm uninstalling and will only buy AC: Victory after others have confirmed that it's not as much a botch as ACU and, prior to that, notoriously unstable port to PC, AC: Liberation. Whoever rushed ACU out half-baked, EA-style, should be sacked.

ProtossOverlord
12-20-2014, 07:39 AM
I found that installing the beta drivers worked like a charm, as I wasnt able to get into the menu since the patch

StraussVanDor
12-21-2014, 04:56 AM
Please fix this Ubisoft.

Very similar configuration here. I was getting that much frame rate before patch 1.3. With patch 1.4 I'm not even able to get to the main menu now. Makes you wonder what are they doing to the poor game.

The game was working beautifully for most nVIDIA/Intel users. First I had to bare added issues for the sake of AMD users.
Now I will "enjoy" a less detailed and more erratic environment for the sake of FPS. Pfff.

heyman47
12-21-2014, 07:42 AM
I have the same issue, all I see is black screen after the intro video. But after I verify the game data,I can access the game again, however if I reboot my computer, the black screen issue just comes back, so I have to verify the ****ing game data every time before I play this **** from now on, thank you very much, Ubish*t.

naumaan
12-21-2014, 07:44 AM
the only solution i think that should work with you is verifying your files ... i dont know .. there is something in patch 1.4 which kind of miss something in the game files .. that results in such a consequence ..