PDA

View Full Version : Scarification - Irony Intended

Kurency
12-18-2014, 10:42 PM
My initial thoughts

1) 3 damage, draw 3 cards... that's not so bad. Wait that's not a 3, that's a 5!
2) Terrible card
3) Who would ever include more than 2 in a deck?

Then I thought... perhaps this was Ubisofts way of offseting the potency of the oh so positive affect Bound Suucubus is having on thier game. Just 1 minor detail. they forgot to code in the condition about of bound Succubus being playable only in the same turn this card was used.

Anyone else as amused by Scarification as I am?

malkorion
12-18-2014, 11:08 PM
When I saw this card during development, I actually liked it. I thought it was the bee's knees. Card draw is always a powerful effect, especially when you're spending life on it. (at least in MtG life is more abundant, and you can get away with it more) But in such an Inferno dominant meta (double the irony) you have to be crazy to pay 5 life for three cards.

Imonothep
12-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Scarification is one of few cool cards we got in last expansion. Obviously it's not good in current meta.

Kroock
12-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Except ignatus and maybe garant (or deleb), there is no inferno hero who can only play with fortun and creature. So why play scarification when you can play golden horseshoe and save 5 life point?
I think the card cost too much.
Requirements : 3 FORTUNE
Cost : 3 ressources + 5 LIFE POINTS

malkorion
12-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Except ignatus and maybe garant (or deleb), there is no inferno hero who can only play with fortun and creature. So why play scarification when you can play golden horseshoe and save 5 life point?
I think the card cost too much.
Requirements : 3 FORTUNE
Cost : 3 ressources + 5 LIFE POINTS

I think that for so much life it could easily draw you five cards.

Mefisto_87
12-22-2014, 10:36 PM
I agree that is good card, but not for this meta. Maybe in future in Dhanmira hand cotrol deck. We can use stone sheld and then scarification(one or two or three xD) and then void arbiter but to many cost :)

ArcaneAzmadi
01-18-2015, 12:37 AM
1) 3 damage, draw 3 cards... that's not so bad. Wait that's not a 3, that's a 5!

I think that for so much life it could easily draw you five cards.

Funny you should say that...

http://mmdoc-s07.seekrit.info/EN/s07_For_Inf_090.jpg
It IS 5 damage for 5 cards!

Xev5
01-23-2015, 06:32 PM
Still not strong enough in DOC, card advantage is diluted with the cheap hero draw ability, and life gain is too rare and unreliable to afford costs in your own health. No finks or jitte around sry, not even the ooze.

malkorion
01-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Still not strong enough in DOC, card advantage is diluted with the cheap hero draw ability, and life gain is too rare and unreliable to afford costs in your own health. No finks or jitte around sry, not even the ooze.

Yeah, and you can't heal past 20.

VeitGearmaker
02-04-2015, 10:59 AM
i think this card is extremely strong but only in stall and combo decks
if you already stabilized the board then this card will save you way more hp than 5, i mean how high are the chances of drawing something that saves you for another turn?
in open this card could actually make some decks a lot better, but somehow people tend to use old decklists in open

Risolli
02-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Its an Inferno fortune. I'm glad it doesnt deal 5 damage to enemy hero and than you draw 5 cards. :rolleyes:
Jokes aside, I guess that the only way viable way to use this card is preventing the damage, with Stone Shield (like Mefisto_87 said).
25% (or more) of your max hp is just too much.

malkorion
02-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Yes, Stone Shield. Perhaps in a turn when you would take damage anyways. Like, you're blowing up the board full of Void Wraiths, and you also pull a few cards.