PDA

View Full Version : Crash with the latest version on my Nexus 7 and on my Nexus 4

fredstorm72
12-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Sorry for my poor english...
I use this game for several month without any problem.
I made the latest upgrade of trials frontier on my Nexus 7 and also on my nexus 4.
Since this installation the game don't start.
There's a crash message.

My N7 and My N4 are on Android 5.

Thanks for your help !

Fevves
12-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Sorry for my poor english...
I use this game for several month without any problem.
I made the latest upgrade of trials frontier on my Nexus 7 and also on my nexus 4.
Since this installation the game don't start.
There's a crash message.

My N7 and My N4 are on Android 5.

Thanks for your help !

I'm in the same boat as you are, just on SGS4 and older Android JB 4.2.2. It simply FC right after download verification screen.

Have you tried:

1. Clean the cache and data, then try restarting the game? Be aware, to reinstate your stats, you need uplay cloud save! If you don't have it, you will lose your progress etc.

2. Uninstall, then clean install from the store? As above, if you don't have uplay you will lose all your data and progress.

Maybe you already tried these, but can't hurt suggesting those simple steps.

I also backed up the game with TiBu and then uninstalled it, restored just the app. On the first run, it will download resources and do the verification, but will FC just like on a clean play store install...

WidescreenRules
12-20-2014, 08:24 AM
My situation is even worse off. I just did a factory image installation of Android 5.0.2 on my original Nexus 7, so everything is a fresh install. The game won't even start. The screen goes blank as soon as I double-tap the icon as though it's about to start loading, but then it immediately force closes. There is no cache to clear because it doesn't even get THAT far. It's like it dies simply establishing a connection to the servers.

So I can't play the game on my Nexus 7 at all anymore.

Eilkh
12-22-2014, 09:33 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem with my Nexus 4 under Lollipop (5.0 and 5.0.1).

I tried a factory reset and a full reinsallation (with full wipe : cache, data, storage and system) but the problem aren't solved.

When I launched the game, I have a black screen and the application crash immediatly with a report error message.

mutetus
12-22-2014, 02:54 PM
I ran into the same issue, Frontier 3.0.3 crashed at startup. I resolved it by uninstalling the game, downloading 3.0.2 apk from external site and updating to 3.0.3 when game asks to update after launching and downloading the game data.

Eilkh
12-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Exact ! Thank you for this solution !!! :D

Fevves
12-22-2014, 07:32 PM
I ran into the same issue, Frontier 3.0.3 crashed at startup. I resolved it by uninstalling the game, downloading 3.0.2 apk from external site and updating to 3.0.3 when game asks to update after launching and downloading the game data.

Just tried (and even sideloading) with 3.0.2 apk, it simply refuses to start after resources download and download verification screen. It's the same with all of new versions - 3.0.1 upto 3.0.3. I opened a support ticket and wrote here --> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/976541-Need-assistance-re-new-3-0-3-update-from-Redlynx-and-UBI!-Forums and on your facebook page.

Is there anything else I could troubleshoot so to finally continue playing Trials on my phone?

Prior to 3.0.x versions I never had such tremendous problems with it.

Edit:

I managed to solve my FC problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling Google Play services (yeah, I can do that with Root and TiBu :). The game starts now!

WidescreenRules
12-24-2014, 08:22 PM
YAY! Just got the Christmas Eve update and it seems to be working fine on my gen 1 Nexus 7 now! Woohoo!