PDA

View Full Version : Problem after Il-2 installation

Dubow
06-13-2004, 12:34 AM
I just installed Forgotten Battles & the Ace Expansion pack and everything was going fine until:

I played one of the videos(Me-262 bombing airfield. After the bombing run, the plane is cruising along and my monitor starts freaking out and then goes blank, but I could still hear the music. My puter eventually shuts itself down, but the screen has vertical lines vibrating on it. The puter puts up a bunch of info on what happened and asks me what mode I want to start my puter in, but it's really hard to read with the lines, etc. After an unsucessful try at restarting, I manually try and turn off my puter. It won't turn off, so I hit the power switch on the back. I turn it back on and it started into the vertical lines and message thing again, but the screen went blank. Now I have a blank screen and don't know what to do. I just had a Verto Geforce FX card installed today with a new 360 watt power supply if that helps any. Everything up to the point of me playing the Me-262 video worked just fine. I configured some stuff and looked at a lot of planes, etc. and the screen looked fine. I do remember, though, highlighting the wrong vid card in my setup options. Could that be it? If I can't get a viewable screen, I can't change that or my resolution settings.

HELP!
(and thanks in advance)

<S>
Dubow

"I know he's good, but is he lucky"

Dubow
06-13-2004, 12:34 AM
I just installed Forgotten Battles & the Ace Expansion pack and everything was going fine until:

I played one of the videos(Me-262 bombing airfield. After the bombing run, the plane is cruising along and my monitor starts freaking out and then goes blank, but I could still hear the music. My puter eventually shuts itself down, but the screen has vertical lines vibrating on it. The puter puts up a bunch of info on what happened and asks me what mode I want to start my puter in, but it's really hard to read with the lines, etc. After an unsucessful try at restarting, I manually try and turn off my puter. It won't turn off, so I hit the power switch on the back. I turn it back on and it started into the vertical lines and message thing again, but the screen went blank. Now I have a blank screen and don't know what to do. I just had a Verto Geforce FX card installed today with a new 360 watt power supply if that helps any. Everything up to the point of me playing the Me-262 video worked just fine. I configured some stuff and looked at a lot of planes, etc. and the screen looked fine. I do remember, though, highlighting the wrong vid card in my setup options. Could that be it? If I can't get a viewable screen, I can't change that or my resolution settings.

HELP!
(and thanks in advance)

&lt;S&gt;
Dubow

antifreeze
06-13-2004, 02:28 AM
This has nothing to do with FB and everything to do with your video card installation.

Take the card out. Boot Windows in 'safe mode' (F8). The default SVGA driver will be used; your display will be 600x400 or something, but it will allow to uninstall the GForce video card drivers, and install the SVGA as default, so that you can reboot as normal. It also allows you to check that the monitor is still working.

Make sure the GForce drivers are completely uninstalled. You need to then download the latest drivers for your card and try again. You also need to check your monitor's specs and note the refresh rates that it can use.

If the same thing happens with newest drivers and correct refresh rate, then you need to take the card back to the shop and get help from them; hopefully they will just give you a new card to try.

http://www.forgotten.battles.pulpo.co.uk/il2logo.jpg (http://www.the-vaw.com)
9th AWACS is Recruiting: (http://www.9thawacs.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=19)
Accept all players (16+ years old).
Play FB for fun + VEF/VOW.
Fly when you want to (no minimum).
Training given on request.
Dedicated Teamspeak server.
Several other games played.
Members from all over Europe.

Dubow
06-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the info Antifreeze. That place that installed my vid card is open today, so I'll take care of it.

&lt;S&gt;
Dubow

Dubow
06-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Yes, it was the "refresh" rate on my monitor. Checked a lot of it out last night and everything is working just fine.

&lt;S&gt;
Dubow