PDA

View Full Version : Single Player and Co-Op Modes Have Been Confirmed For Siege

RLC_SeMP
12-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Chase “Electr1cPanda” Straight is a Community Developer for Ubisoft Montreal. In the link below he comments that Single Player and Co-Op is confirmed for R6 Siege.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/2p2ia6/i_have_a_question_about_rainbow_six_siege/cmsv4de (http://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/2p2ia6/i_have_a_question_about_rainbow_six_siege/cmsv4de)

HilbillyRokstar
12-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Never doubted it for a minute. They know where their successes were in the last two games...

sameer_monier
12-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Rainbow 6 Patriots had a great SP premise, the story would have been controversial but so great, it was full of potential, but Patriots got scrapped, and now we have Siege, I'm looking forward to what kind of SP Story they are cooking, Will it remain the same as Patriots ?, or are they making a whole different story ?

RedKnight5
12-19-2014, 04:57 PM
From the few Trailers and the very little information we've read about RB6 Patriots several years ago... it's hard to tell just what the game might have been. I figured future Rainbow6 games were now dead for the Next-Gen consoles and PCs and UbiSoft decided to just move on with it's more profitable games. As I remember, Patriots was coming to the PS3, xBox360 and PCs at that time. The Next-Gen consoles were soon to be released and maybe UbiSoft couldn't afford to re-render and make RB6 Siege compatible for the PS4 and xBox1. It would have been really nice... if UbiSoft gave it's customers some clue, why Patriots was canceled. A lot of Patriots hype... and then nothing. But it's not uncommon for "some" developers to "quack" about their next great game to come... and then silence.

Patriots looked to have a "Sandbox" and open world type of game play. But that might have been only in single player mode.

Now for Siege... The trailers I've seen have all been fighting in a house.... close quarters fighting stuff. Close Quarters game play is alright for a few matches... but gets boring real fast. I hope UbiSoft's RB6 Siege, is a little more inventive with some open world sandbox type of game play. An example would be, next year's Battlefield Hardline. I don't expect BF Hardline to be a great game... if it even works properly on it's release day... it's coming from DICE after all... need I say more? But lately... UbiSoft has had it's own problems releasing games that work on day one.

Anyway... in an "open world sandbox" type of game... Siege would be more interesting to play, with greater possibilities to explore more strategies and not hem it's players into a small fighting box. This would give Siege more sales longevity. If RB6 multiplayer Siege game rooms, are all about fighting in a BOX like a small house, or medium size building... Siege will blow chunks. Look to the past RB6 games like RB6 Vegas 2. You had Close Quarters and a minimum open world game play that gave you the "feel", like you were in a larger field of battle. Granted... the open world game play of Vegas 2, was actually playing on rails with no real variation of "Go anywhere you want, to accomplish the objective!"... but at least Vegas 2, didn't make you feel like you were in a "box".

If RB6 Siege, plans to throw it's players into a Co-Op or small online multiplayer "Box" of a game... Battlefield Hardline will blow RB6 Siege out of the water next year, when both games are released. UbiSoft should think twice... if it now has to go up directly against BF Hardline, since Hardline has now been delayed to release next year and will now meet RB6 Siege, face to face for sales. I'm sure UbiSoft, wasn't planning, on that to happen!! RB6 Siege... should look to the old Socom Confrontation type of game play... or even the old BF3 open world sandbox type of a game, to keep RB6 Siege interesting to play... for more than a few months. It won't look good... if RB6 Siege starts to turn up on the "Use Game" shelves soon after it's release. But it may be to late for that with SIege. I hope I'm wrong.

UbiSoft must give me and my MP online Teammates options, to play Siege the way "We" want to play it... or Siege won't be worth the money to buy it. A "rent" for a couple of days maybe... but that's it. I hope UbiSoft doesn't get caught in a hole... and Siege turns into the next Patriots. The cost of designing and developing a new Next-Gen game today, is a huge multi-million dollar project and investment... but the other side is burning the DVD game disks, boxing the game disks, with the advertising and the promotion of the new game. Then comes updates, patches and new DLC maps to keep the game fresh. UbiSoft is facing millions and millions of dollars... for a game that could have a "very" short life when it's released. Lets hope UbiSoft can meet the challenge, they will face next year with Siege!

RB6 Siege and BF Hardline have already missed their 2014 Holiday game sales. That's a HUGE mistake and now they will compete "Head to Head" next year. I'm sure UbiSoft's sales department must be a little concerned about that issue.

sameer_monier
12-19-2014, 11:08 PM
From the few Trailers and the very little information we've read about RB6 Patriots several years ago... it's hard to tell just what the game might have been. I figured future Rainbow6 games were now dead for the Next-Gen consoles and PCs and UbiSoft decided to just move on with it's more profitable games. As I remember, Patriots was coming to the PS3, xBox360 and PCs at that time. The Next-Gen consoles were soon to be released and maybe UbiSoft couldn't afford to re-render and make RB6 Siege compatible for the PS4 and xBox1. It would have been really nice... if UbiSoft gave it's customers some clue, why Patriots was canceled. A lot of Patriots hype... and then nothing. But it's not uncommon for "some" developers to "quack" about their next great game to come... and then silence.
There were problems with Anvil engine working with R6P, also they removed 3 main developers including David Sears --Creative Director--, they probably didn't like the direction of the story, being too controversial for the market, after all the terrorists were Americans calling themselves the true patriots.

But who knows what really happened.

next year's Battlefield Hardline. I don't expect BF Hardline to be a great game... if it even works properly on it's release day... it's coming from DICE after all... need I say more? But lately... UbiSoft has had it's own problems releasing games that work on day one.
Visceral is the one working on BF Hardline, at least the SP part, the MP is being handled as a collaboration with DICE, so it will work this time around, but generally BF is not my cup of tea.

If RB6 Siege, plans to throw it's players into a Co-Op or small online multiplayer "Box" of a game... Battlefield Hardline will blow RB6 Siege out of the water next year, when both games are released. UbiSoft should think twice... if it now has to go up directly against BF Hardline, since Hardline has now been delayed to release next year and will now meet RB6 Siege, face to face for sales. I'm sure UbiSoft, wasn't planning, on that to happen!! RB6 Siege... should look to the old Socom Confrontation type of game play... or even the old BF3 open world sandbox type of a game, to keep RB6 Siege interesting to play... for more than a few months. It won't look good... if RB6 Siege starts to turn up on the "Use Game" shelves soon after it's release. But it may be to late for that with SIege. I hope I'm wrong.
Both are two different games, it is hard to compare them, BF is all about Open Warfare, Siege focus is on CQC, breach and clear sort of speak, both games will offer vastly different kind of MP experience if you ask me, not to mention BF Hardline is releasing March 2015, Rainbow 6 Siege won't release anywhere near that, we are going to see it again at E3, to get a look at the SP.

RB6 Siege and BF Hardline have already missed their 2014 Holiday game sales. That's a HUGE mistake and now they will compete "Head to Head" next year. I'm sure UbiSoft's sales department must be a little concerned about that issue.
Not really they won't, there will be quite the gap between them, Siege won't release before July at the minimum, heck it may slip to 2016.

RedKnight5
01-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Both are two different games, it is hard to compare them, BF is all about Open Warfare, Siege focus is on CQC, breach and clear sort of speak, both games will offer vastly different kind of MP experience if you ask me, not to mention BF Hardline is releasing March 2015, Rainbow 6 Siege won't release anywhere near that, we are going to see it again at E3, to get a look at the SP.

Not really they won't, there will be quite the gap between them, Siege won't release before July at the minimum, heck it may slip to 2016.

If RB6 Siege slips to a 2016 release... that will be a colossal error. Siege won't sell enough to pay for the boxes it's shipped in!! From what I've seen about RB6 Siege from UbiSoft so far... it will be a low selling game anyway.

UbiSoft needs to think long and hard about Siege... and who "might" be buying and playing this Siege game. If UbiSoft thinks small with Siege and the scope of the game... it won't sell. If UbiSoft makes Siege larger for more players to play, with good Clan support and Private User Servers... to compete with Battlefield Hardline (and the other 2015, 1st person shooter games coming that it will compete against)... and the next BF5... RB6 Siege might sell enough to pay for it's development.

SolidSage
01-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Rainbow 6 will sell. I don't know that it will contend with a CoD or a BF's, a large portion of the fan base is older, not in age but back from before COD's market domination (is that still going on?).

Breach and clear has been a central theme in Rainbow games back since it was on PC only.

Limited sight lines, controllable environments with a small team. This should still be a focus.

Small building MP looks fun, but mp modes and maps sharing similarities to older Rainbow should be available too. Gotta have terrorist hunt.

Miller_Park
01-05-2016, 08:19 PM
That was posted over a year ago, that could have been scrapped since then. There isn't going to be any single player or co-op aside from terrorist hunt.

Udonitron
01-05-2016, 08:37 PM
So this just then further proves the game was released way too early, no?

Rather than wait and look bad after showcasing it at E3 etc they release half the product (online only) and have a server and network base that was clearly not ready for it.
Then rake in the cash and continue (perhaps) working on the other half of the game to be released at a later date and call it a free DLC?
Or did they just fall so far behind they axed the single and co-op and release multiplayer only.
They sure cannot seem to keep their word or be honest with their customer base, can they?
Ugh...jokers.

MightyLordRay
01-05-2016, 08:37 PM
There were problems with Anvil engine working with R6P, also they removed 3 main developers including David Sears --Creative Director--, they probably didn't like the direction of the story, being too controversial for the market, after all the terrorists were Americans calling themselves the true patriots.

But who knows what really happened.

Visceral is the one working on BF Hardline, at least the SP part, the MP is being handled as a collaboration with DICE, so it will work this time around, but generally BF is not my cup of tea.

First I noticed a coincidence when you were speaking of Visceral Games. Visceral Games tried to have their bad guys resemble Tea Party "Patriots." That idea was later scrapped after a Breitbert Article slammed the politically biased move by Visceral Games.

Rainbow Six Patriots would feature a group of people with a similar ideology as those who would make hard decisions, and wage war against the status quo of Washington D.C. The game was later scrapped.

I can't tell you what's going on with these corporations, because I'm not there, but the fact that I take from it all is people keep trying to inject real politics into these games like they have an agenda.

Anyway...my 2 cents.

Snail.Retired
01-05-2016, 09:58 PM
The Terrorist Hunt is what sold many of us to R6 Siege. We still enjoy doing the co-op campaign in R6 Vegas and hopefully Siege gets 'better'. The 'Situations' were a good start in this direction.

HOPPER_34
01-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Chase “Electr1cPanda” Straight is a Community Developer for Ubisoft Montreal. In the link below he comments that Single Player and Co-Op is confirmed for R6 Siege.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/2p2ia6/i_have_a_question_about_rainbow_six_siege/cmsv4de (http://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/2p2ia6/i_have_a_question_about_rainbow_six_siege/cmsv4de)

Do you think we could find an announcement like that, that isn't a year old? I'm having a little trouble believing that an entire sp/co-op would be added post-release. Call me crazy.....

UbiEpi
01-05-2016, 10:19 PM
While I can appreciate using the search option, let's not necro year old threads. Thank you.