PDA

View Full Version : Best Mentor (SPOILERS) (With poll, please lock other one)

Assassin_M
12-15-2014, 05:32 AM
So I don't think we'v had this before. While I know who's going to win this poll, i'm interested to hear reasons to minority opinions. Important to note that this has NOTHING to do with character, personality or progression. Just leadership and accomplishments.

Al-Mualim: He greatly strengthened the Assassin Order during a reign that lasted for at least 2 decades. He trained numerous Assassins, one of them being his successor and arguably best student. Al-Mualim set up admirable restrictions on the methods of killing such as saying no to poison, calling it a coward's tool. He pushed back various attacks by Templars, Saracens and Crusaders and kept Masyaf a safe haven for any and all citizens who wished to live in peace.
All of that would have made him a legendary figure but his Templar past caught up to him and just as he betrayed the Templars years before, he betrayed the Assassins and used the Apple to forcefully bring peace to the whole world.

Altair: The hero of the Creed. Altair would bring various reforms to the Order such as removing restrictions his predecessor placed on their methods to allow more efficient Assassinations as he did not care how they accomplished a mission, their responsibility was too great for restrictions. The Apple allowed him to invent many tools and weapons that would strengthen the Assassins greatly. He pursued Templars far and wide, as far as Mongolia. In the end, he realized that the Assassins needed to go underground and he thus spread the Brotherhood across the old world. His tenure, though saw him fall into depression after his wife and son were murdered, which resulted in a 20 year corruption at the hands of Abbas after his self imposed exile. He's nonetheless widely regarded as the most important Assassin in history.

Ezio Auditore: A very important and famous figure among the Assassins, he ushered in a golden age for the order. His tenure saw the Assassins take a more public presence. He recruited various citizens in Rome to combat and take down the Borgia and during that time, he sent his recruits throughout Europe and the middle east to spread the principles of freedom and progression. He rebuilt the Brotherhood after it was reduced to nothing by Cesare Borgia. His journey to Constantinople, though saw him commit questionable acts to reach his goals such as starting a fire in an underground city and a riot. He indirectly caused the death of the guild leader but would later amend that by appointing a new leader. He left the order and retired.

Ah Tabai: My personal pick out of all of them. Ah Tabai was from a lineage of Assassins. Much like Altair, he was born into the Order and dedicated his life to it. An wise and experienced leader, he would have numerous noteworthy students (Some of them would even go on to become legendary figures) such as Mary Read, Adewale and Achilles Davenport. he strictly wanted to follow the principles and teachings of Altair as closely as possible, modeling the brotherhood after Altair's during its height in Masyaf, albeit in a much more secretive light. He wasn't immune to error, though. His trust of Duncan Walpole almost guaranteed the wiping out of all Assassins in the Caribbean area and it also forced them to relocate to another location as the Templars would rigorously send troops to try and destroy the Brotherhood's main base.
Nonetheless, Ah Tabai maintained the strength of the brotherhood and would pass away by 1745.

Agate: Operating as a lone cell, Agate recruited and trained Aveline and Gerald to act as his eyes and ears around the Louisiana area. His influence did not spread much but he's indirectly responsible for the wiping out of the Templar branch of the southern American Colonies through his student Aveline. He gave out many contracts and missions to free slaves around the area, which would help in spreading Assassin principles of freedom around the southern colonies. Agate's time as a slave, his best friend's betrayal and his mentor's disgrace drove Agate to be a very paranoid and jaded individual, leading to his suicide and presumably purging Assassin leadership in Louisiana.

Achilles: Trained by Ah Tabai, Achilles Davenport would go on to establish the first proper Colonial Assassin guild. He greatly strengthened Assassin presence in the 13 colonies by recruiting and training various students. He would also establish a powerful Assassin Navy that controlled the Atlantic and the Caribbean for a long time. During his tenure, the Assassins were at their strongest. That would all come crashing down during his expeditions for First Civilization artifacts. He would send Shay Cormac to one of the sites and the rest is history. These actions resulted in the complete Annihilation of his brotherhood at the hands of Shay and the Templars and spend 9 years in isolation after being spared.
He would gain his redemption when Connor comes knocking at his door asking for training to combat the Templars. Through Achilles' tutelage, Connor would go on to completely destroy the Colonial rite of the Templars and Achilles would pass away redeemed.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 05:42 AM
It's a toss up between Alta´r & Achilles.

Both of them represent the dark side & struggle of being a Mentor.

Ezio's great, but him becoming Mentor in Brotherhood just seemed so forced. It was better in Revelations though.

On top of that, he was too black & white in his philosophy for my taste.

Al Mualim was good, but he was corrupted.

Ah Tabai was also good, but hardly fleshed out...

Agate was just crazy...

wvstolzing
12-15-2014, 06:17 AM
There was also the guy in his pajamas and slippers, who got taken out by Daniel Cross, Zoolander-style.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 06:21 AM
There was also the guy in his pajamas and slippers, who got taken out by Daniel Cross, Zoolander-style.

The Mentor of 2000. :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Altair, of course. That man was a legend. He's been through it all and have continued to support the Assassins to the very, very end.

Speaking of mentors, I still need to get that Ah Tabai figure.

VestigialLlama4
12-15-2014, 06:51 AM
So I don't think we'v had this before. While I know who's going to win this poll, i'm interested to hear reasons to minority opinions. Important to note that this has NOTHING to do with character, personality or progression. Just leadership and accomplishments.

Ah Tabai is my favorite Mentor in that he's not authoritarian, he's highly intelligent and personally kind. He doesn't get people to his side by charisma but with reason and compassion. Mary Read, Adewale, Achilles and Edward all become his students because of that. Edward especially since he decides to spare him despite having every reason in the world to kill him.

I don't like the idea of mentors being these charismatic cool guys. Ezio Auditore, the only time we really get to play as a Mentor is the epitome of that. He's popular, smart, witty and gets what he wants which means he doesn't have to deal with politics and opposition from within. I guess must have to be the fact that he's the only white guy we play as a Mentor. Altair did with Abbas in REVELATIONS and we see his memories there and he faces more problems and is not immediately charismatic.

Achilles is interesting in that he is by all rights brilliant at his job, he does everything he's supposed to but he makes this one error in judgment that dooms everything he achieved. I like him for his tragic nature.

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Isn't Connor a mentor?

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 06:55 AM
Ah Tabai is my favorite Mentor in that he's not authoritarian, he's highly intelligent and personally kind. He doesn't get people to his side by charisma but with reason and compassion. Mary Read, Adewale, Achilles and Edward all become his students because of that. Edward especially since he decides to spare him despite having every reason in the world to kill him.

^ This changes my perception of Ah Tabai...

Never realized how important he really is.

But I always liked him though. ^^

Isn't Connor a mentor?

I was gonna say that...

I think so...maybe? It hasn't really been confirmed I think. :confused:

But he most likely is.

However, we have no scenes or anything showing him as Mentor.

souNdwAve89
12-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Well, Yusuf is a Master Assassin, and yet he was the leader of the Turkish Assassins. In a sense, he was their Mentor without the official title. I'm strongly confident that Connor is the Mentor of the American Assassins post-AC3. One of Achilles' strengths is that he was good at recruiting people to their cause, and we saw that with Connor recruiting Patience Gibbs. Shao Jun sought out Ezio because he was a legendary Mentor, and same thing with Eseosa, who traveled to homestead to receive help from Connor. Just coincidences, I know, but we know that Connor was active, at least.

Mr.Black24
12-15-2014, 07:41 AM
I was gonna say that...

I think so...maybe? It hasn't really been confirmed I think. :confused:

But he most likely is.

However, we have no scenes or anything showing him as Mentor.
Oh that could have been solved if only Ubisoft GAVE CONNOR HIS DLC!!!!!!!!!

GunnerGalactico
12-15-2014, 09:21 AM
I chose Al Mualim and Achilles because of the calibre of students they produced due to their tutelage ie: Altair and Connor.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 09:32 AM
I chose Al Mualim and Achilles because of the calibre of students they produced due to their tutelage ie: Altair and Connor.

Don't forget they also produced Abbas & Shay. ;)

souNdwAve89
12-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Is it weird that I want a fight between Connor and Shay similar like Darth Vader and Luke? After all, Shay is like Anakin, who hunted and killed many Assassins (Jedi). Connor comes into the picture, and receives training from Achilles (Obi-wan & Yoda).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvrAAD8tRw8

Shay: Achilles has taught you well

:p :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Anyone realize how similar the Assassins & Templars are to the Jedi & Sith?

Jedi Order/ Templar Order

Sith Creed/Assassins Creed

And not only that, but their methods & ideology are similar as well...

Yet the Jedi are good while the Templars are bad, right? :rolleyes:

souNdwAve89
12-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Anyone realize how similar the Assassins & Templars are to the Jedi & Sith?

Jedi Order/ Templar Order

Sith Creed/Assassins Creed

And not only that, but their methods & ideology are similar as well...

Yet the Jedi as good while the Templars are bad, right? :rolleyes:

Some of the philosophies that the Jedi and Sith follow are similar to the Assassin's Creed and the Templar ideologies. Some of their beliefs and teachings are interchangeable between the Creed and what the Templars believe.

Here are some good summaries.

Jedi
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Code

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

And to be up to date from Luke Skywalker

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

Sith
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_of_the_Sith

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

VestigialLlama4
12-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Some of the philosophies that the Jedi and Sith follow are similar to the Assassin's Creed and the Templar ideologies. Some of their beliefs and teachings are interchangeable between the Creed and what the Templars believe.

To be honest this sounds like a (particularly silly) version of what Friedrich Nietzsche called the Appolonian/Dionysiac divide. Appolo representing Reason while Dionysus represents Creativity, Anarchy and Chaos. Anyway, in Star Wars, the Sith are way cooler than the Jedi (who are sexless bores).

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Who would vote for Agate? I hated him so much more after trying to complete those dumb optional objectives during his boss fight.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Who would vote for Agate? I hated him so much more after trying to complete those dumb optional objectives during his boss fight.

Only good thing was that he was voiced by Tristan...

Imagine if Agate & Adewale would've met... :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Al-Mualim and Achilles for me.

We actually got to see them "mentor" to the "fullest extent" for most of their appearances in the game.

pacmanate
12-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Altair, I loved seeing his journey and his understand for the Creed evolve.

Shahkulu101
12-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Ezio Auditore.

Even though it was unrealistic as hell, playing as a wise, 55 year old mentor felt so badass.

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 05:26 PM
voted Agate for ****s and giggles.

Aint nobody votin for that SOB

Assassin_M
12-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Isn't Connor a mentor?
Most likely but i'm talking about established mentors in the lore. If we see more of Connor, then surely he'd be on the list

I don't like the idea of mentors being these charismatic cool guys. Ezio Auditore, the only time we really get to play as a Mentor is the epitome of that. He's popular, smart, witty and gets what he wants which means he doesn't have to deal with politics and opposition from within. I guess must have to be the fact that he's the only white guy we play as a Mentor. Altair did with Abbas in REVELATIONS and we see his memories there and he faces more problems and is not immediately charismatic.

Achilles is interesting in that he is by all rights brilliant at his job, he does everything he's supposed to but he makes this one error in judgment that dooms everything he achieved. I like him for his tragic nature.
Agreed about both, Achilles and Ah Tabai. Ah Tabai felt like a genuinely good and caring person. Even when he was searching for first civilization artifacts and temples, he never thought about removing anything from in there, just protect the places from Templar expeditions.

And yes about Ezio, agreed. He never really faced any perils in Brotherhood, serious perils. Everything went smoothly for him.

Matknapers18
12-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Ah Tabai for sure. He feels like the most realistic mentor in the series, someone who has the future of the brotherhood on his shoulders, and its noticeable through his behaviour. Shows that an assassin doesn't have to be 'brash' or 'charismatic' to be likeable. He was intelligent and a genuine guy but realised when he had to take action. It was awesome when he put Edward in his place.

Shame that he wasn't developed more, I would happily play a game as him.

shobhit7777777
12-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Ezio Auditore...hands down.

He was the only full fledged Mentor in the franchise. You feel like a master assassin and mentor playing as him.

pacmanate
12-15-2014, 06:34 PM

He was the only full fledged Mentor in the franchise. You feel like a master assassin and mentor playing as him.

But... Altair... Al Mualim?!

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 06:42 PM

Ezio had no place being mentor in Brotherhood...it didn't feel natural to me.

Shahkulu101
12-15-2014, 06:51 PM

Being the best Assassin in Europe perhaps... :rolleyes:

pacmanate
12-15-2014, 06:54 PM

Yeah he deserved it, it took him a longg time to become a mentor and what he did was a lot for the brotherhood.

Shahkulu101
12-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah he deserved it, it took him a longg time to become a mentor and what he did was a lot for the brotherhood.

AC2 was basically revenge.

ACB he wanted his hole with Caterina.

ACR he goes on a vain quest to 'find his purpose'.

Leaves the Brotherhood.

- Not that dedicated tbf

pacmanate
12-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Regardless of his motives, his work still eliminated Templars from the whole of Italy.

Shahkulu101
12-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Regardless of his motives, his work still eliminated Templars from the whole of Italy.

True that, here's to Godzio!

Is not being passive aggressive, I actually really like him. ;)

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 07:02 PM

Edward was the best in the Caribbean...

Does that mean he deserved it? :rolleyes:

I'm not hating on Ezio, I'm just saying how forced it felt in Brotherhood. That, plus he went through no real struggle or adversity.

It was handled much better in Revelations. ^^

Hans684
12-15-2014, 07:07 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mentor_(2000)

The Mentor: This guy has the strongest world wide brotherhood, could have been a new golden age if it wasn't for Cross. His order was more hidden and their ways of doing things was changed, instead of forcing change(old ways), he wanted to change to happen by giving/making examples. He could have been the next Alta´r(again Cross), a new refined and more pure order/creed but sadly it collapsed and they were forced back to small orders with their own Mentors and old ways. Most assassins believed he didn't exist since almost none has seen him and he is always moving from place to place while also trying to be two three moves ahead of the Templars. The first Mentor to be able to become a myth in his own order.

I'd say Alta´r is second for me, then a tie between Ezio and Ah Tabai.

Shahkulu101
12-15-2014, 07:07 PM

I'm not hating on Ezio, I'm just saying how forced it felt in Brotherhood. That, plus he went through no real struggle.

Had he stayed in the Caribbean, he would have been a worthy successor to Ah Tabai.

I'm actually kind of surprised at the love for Ah Tabai, he was only on screen for about 5 minutes or something in total. I guess it was enough and I just never picked up on a fair few subtleties.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Had he stayed in the Caribbean, he would have been a worthy successor to Ah Tabai.

I'm actually kind of surprised at the love for Ah Tabai, he was only on screen for about 5 minutes or something in total. I guess it was enough and I just never picked up on a fair few subtleties.

Same here. He reminded me of Connor in a way.

I don't know why...

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm not hating on Ezio, I'm just saying how forced it felt in Brotherhood. That, plus he went through no real struggle or adversity.

Eh, that's my main gripe with Ezio's development. It's very rhetorical, almost non-existent. He changes from game to game, but his development IN the game is little to non. I would argue that his attempts in development contradicts his own arc sometimes. Unless you consider being physically stronger a character development, of course.

But this isn't a rant against Ezio, it's just why he doesn't earn my vote. In Brotherhood, Ezio feels more like a symbol, not a mentor. The perfect being for Assassins to look up to rather than taught. Note: I haven't read the novels, so I may have missed details, especially since Brotherhood is short.

Ezio just doesn't feel mentally trained nor have inherited the Creed the same way the others have. Someone in another discussion described him as an immature character. Ezio, as a ''person'', isn't immature, but the character is. He's made to be understood easily. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just that he doesn't have the discipline/character arc towards mentor I feel is worth voting for.

pacmanate
12-15-2014, 07:20 PM

Edwards story spanned a way shorted time than Ezios. Not to mention Ezio did way more and he only became a mentor in AC:B. Plus Edward didnt eliminate templars from the entire Carribean.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 07:29 PM
But this isn't a rant against Ezio, it's just why he doesn't earn my vote. In Brotherhood, Ezio feels more like a symbol, not a mentor. The perfect being for Assassins to look up to rather than taught. Note: I haven't read the novels, so I may have missed details, especially since Brotherhood is short.

Ezio just doesn't feel mentally trained nor have inherited the Creed the same way the others have. Someone in another discussion described him as an immature character. Ezio, as a ''person'', isn't immature, but the character is. He's made to be understood easily. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just that he doesn't have the discipline/character arc towards mentor I feel is worth voting for.

This.

Not to mention Ezio did way more and he only became a mentor in AC:B.

Yeah, he did eliminate the Threat... ( which should matter at the end of the day I guess)

But like Fatal said, his character just didn't seem fit for it.

At least not in Brotherhood.

sem1rek
12-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Alta´r. Reasons were said by others :)

Megas_Doux
12-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Altair.

Altair1789
12-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Alta´r did a LOT for the assassins, so I think that's my pick for #1
Al Mualim was corrupt by the apple, and I didn't like his ways, #5
Ezio was definitely a good mentor, he did a lot for the brotherhood, but he didn't revolutionize the brotherhood as Alta´r did, I'd say #2
I don't know much about Agate to be honest
Ah Tabai was another good mentor but not as good or impactful as Alta´r for Ezio, #4
Achilles I put at 3 because I thought it must've been hard to do what he did. After all, he did train a single man to take out an entire group

I think Yusuf and Connor should be added to the list, they were both mentors

Assassin_M
12-15-2014, 09:58 PM
I think Yusuf and Connor should be added to the list, they were both mentors
I don't think Yusuf was mentor. He was leader but not mentor. He did not seem to be experienced with recruiting potential Assassins. He was appointed leader in 1511.

As for Connor, He's most likely mentor but we havent seen his tenure as one. We only know that he was famous enough by 1776 and the 1790s in France. His training of Patience and Eseosa aside, we need to see more of his tenure as mentor for him to be viable.

RinoTheBouncer
12-15-2014, 10:10 PM
“Don’t make me choose, cause it’ll be him. It’s always been him” - Bella Swan, The Twilight Saga

Ezio Auditore Da Firenze.

frodrigues55
12-15-2014, 11:41 PM
I cannot take Ah-Tabai seriously because of how stupid those AC4 assassins were (outside the main characters obviously).

But then again, so were AC1's.

My vote goes for Altair. The funny thing is, though, I picked him because of all the things he did outside his own game. If I isolate him during his campaign only, I found him to be very one dimensional and robotic. But the team did such a great job on legendarying him, that you can't ignore his legacy and impact on the assassin's brotherhood.

SNAKE_cro_mgs
12-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Altair all the way.

souNdwAve89
12-16-2014, 02:42 AM
I cannot take Ah-Tabai seriously because of how stupid those AC4 assassins were (outside the main characters obviously).

But then again, so were AC1's.

My vote goes for Altair. The funny thing is, though, I picked him because of all the things he did outside his own game. If I isolate him during his campaign only, I found him to be very one dimensional and robotic. But the team did such a great job on legendarying him, that you can't ignore his legacy and impact on the assassin's brotherhood.

How were they stupid? Are you talking about the Assassins that tried to rescue Roberts in Havana or the Master Assassins that ran the bureaus? They seem pretty standard to me, at least. You can't expect every Assassin to be talented and skillful like the main character that we play.

pacmanate
12-16-2014, 03:48 AM
How were they stupid? Are you talking about the Assassins that tried to rescue Roberts in Havana or the Master Assassins that ran the bureaus? They seem pretty standard to me, at least. You can't expect every Assassin to be talented and skillful like the main character that we play.

I dont get how they were stupid either. I liked all the bureau leaders, they each had their own personality/traits.

shobhit7777777
12-16-2014, 07:20 AM
But... Altair... Al Mualim?!

Wiki and Fans say Altair did a lot and Al Mualim certainly had the facial hair for it....but I'm going to vote based on my experiences with the franchise. Its Ezio...no contest. Over 3 games he's proven to be a solid leader and assassin and by ACR he is essentially THE Mentor

Fair enough

I personally don't remember much from AC2 and ACB (or even ACR)....at least not the bits where Ezio is shown to be lacking. I do remember the general plot points and moments where he was a wise, badass and charismatic leader of men.

I'm sure Ezio had huge flaws (IIRC ***_M pointed them out a while back) but after so many years and inspite of all that I remember him being awesome. Usually only the ****ty experiences stick, but for me to remember Ezio the way I do...the dude must have done some serious ****.

besides he punched the ****ing Pope.

Namikaze_17
12-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Fair enough

I personally don't remember much from AC2 and ACB (or even ACR)....at least not the bits where Ezio is shown to be lacking. I do remember the general plot points and moments where he was a wise, badass and charismatic leader of men.

I'm sure Ezio had huge flaws (IIRC ***_M pointed them out a while back) but after so many years and inspite of all that I remember him being awesome. Usually only the ****ty experiences stick, but for me to remember Ezio the way I do...the dude must have done some serious ****.

besides he punched the ****ing Pope.

Yeah, I understand...

I don't hate Ezio, I like him, I was just pointing out my issue with him being Mentor with no apparent wisdom or struggle of being it in Brotherhood.

Sure he was the most skilled, but that wasn't enough. I never felt like he truly learned/taught the Creed in Brotherhood, he was really just symbolizing it.

The whole time it just felt like: "Hey! Ezio's really saving our ***es, let's make him mentor!"

However, all of that was fixed in Revelations when he actually didn't always have the answer and ****ed up a couple times.

He indirectly caused the death of a Yusuf, he arguably burned innocents, his philosophy was actually challenged by Ahmet, and finally bringing his love interest into his secret war. ( Wasn't his fault, but still)

Those things in particular plus his wisdom as an older man & understanding of the Creed, made his title as Mentor more deserving.

SixKeys
12-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Gotta go with Alta´r. Al Mualim was a great teacher and had many good ideas, but he was also hypocritical and reckless with his students. Alta´r learned his lessons the hard way. He started out as arrogant and became wise and humble through his interactions with the enemy. He beat Al Mualim not through pure strength alone but because he learned to see through the deception. For the long-term survival of the order, it was necessary to adapt and invent new methods to keep up with the Templars. The only thing I don't like is the 20-year gap during which he apparently did nothing but feel sorry for himself.

frodrigues55
12-16-2014, 11:37 AM

I dont get how they were stupid either. I liked all the bureau leaders, they each had their own personality/traits.

Oh, I didn't mean the bureau leaders. Those were... odd, but not stupid, no. I meant the NPC ones. I got all worked up whenever the game told me to infiltrate their HQ, thinking that would be a challenge, making them some type of special enemy. You know, since it was a place filled with assassins. All I found out was a bunch of people with their backs turned on me, not noticing at all that their buddy who was just right there wasn't anymore. But then again, they didn't see my big *** ship parked right there, why would they notice that fragile assassin missing. Or the one next to that one. Or that other one...

I don't know, call me picky but I was a bit disappointed thinking developers would dedicate some time to make that mission special. Instead, all I saw was a bunch of weak, poor souls vanishing one by one as they careless walked by the very same stalking zone they use to ambush people.

Assassin_M
12-16-2014, 04:49 PM
***_M
Oh come on...

Oh, I didn't mean the bureau leaders. Those were... odd, but not stupid, no. I meant the NPC ones. I got all worked up whenever the game told me to infiltrate their HQ, thinking that would be a challenge, making them some type of special enemy. You know, since it was a place filled with assassins. All I found out was a bunch of people with their backs turned on me, not noticing at all that their buddy who was just right there wasn't anymore. But then again, they didn't see my big *** ship parked right there, why would they notice that fragile assassin missing. Or the one next to that one. Or that other one...

I don't know, call me picky but I was a bit disappointed thinking developers would dedicate some time to make that mission special. Instead, all I saw was a bunch of weak, poor souls vanishing one by one as they careless walked by the very same stalking zone they use to ambush people.
They knew Edward was coming, they didn't put up a fight because they were told not to. They were purposely opening the way for him.

mikeyf1999
12-17-2014, 12:37 AM

If you have subtitles on, they're basically talking about Edward and how IIRC they're letting him through to I think see Ah Tabai (or at least kidd)

rob.davies2014
12-17-2014, 04:56 AM
Al Mualim betrayed the Brotherhood and caused the deaths of many Assassins.
Altair was a great Assassin but we hardly saw him as a mentor.
Ezio did really well as the Mentor of the Italian Assassins but he kind of annoys me. He's a bit too flashy and his Brotherhood outfit annoys me too much.
Ah Tabai gets my vote. He was great mentor. He ran the Caribbean Assassins really well and managed to survive the repeated assaults on the Tulum base caused by Duncan and Edward. Plus he forgave Edward for the total mess he caused. And he snuck into Port Royale to save Anne and Mary. I'd love to know how the Caribbean Brotherhood did on Great Inagua after Edward left.
Agate was quite angsty and jumped to the incorrect conclusion that Aveline was a Templar. And what was he even mentor of? There wasn't really a Brotherhood for him to mentor over.
I liked Achilles but he did meddle in things he didn't totally understand which caused the deaths of thousands of people. He wasn't very effective in resisting the Templar onslaught which destroyed the Colonial Assassins. However he did do a great job of training Connor.

Ah Tabai wins.