PDA

View Full Version : You have officially killed Driver.

bdr529bb1980
12-15-2014, 12:05 AM
A free to play, mobile game....with speedboats. You are the cancer killing gaming, Ubisoft.

bdr529bb1980
12-15-2014, 12:08 AM
This is absolutely disgusting. Ubisoft is obviously trying to upset Driver fans - watch them kill the Driver IP off next.

Ubi-Kay
12-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Hello,

Sorry to hear you feel this way.

Yes Driver Speedboat Paradise is free-to-play, meaning that you can download and finish the game for free, if you don't enjoy it then at least it did not cost you anything to try! The game is designed to be fun for players who do not wish to pay for it and while yes, you may be able to speed up progression through the game by paying, you do not need to and the choice is left to you.

We wanted to keep the Driver IP alive and we also wanted a fresh take on the racing genre, doing this has allowed us to create a game with a storyline and a real universe players may be familiar with. Driver Speedboat Paradise shares a lot of the same themes from the previous Driver games. Our idea was to enhance the racing experience and build further upon speedboats first introduced in Driv3r.

bdr529bb1980
12-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Blah, blah, yada yada, it's obvious what you're doing - this "game" is just a last ditch effort to make money off the Driver IP before you kill it off or put it in purgatory like Prince Of Persia. And don't edit my posts you Trotskyite, I have the right to call Ubisoft that, especially after the travesties known as The Crew and Watch_Dogs. You don't like what I type? Don't read it instead of editing my messages like the Thought Police.
"a fresh take on the racing genre"........yeah, really fresh, like a freshly taken dump.

TheEngiGuy
12-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Disgusting indeed.
See I hate when a company buys the rights to a game, because Driver can't be Driver without the Edmonson brothers being in HEAVY development. Ubisoft and the new Reflections staff just can't reproduce the entire Driver feel from the old games (Driver San Francisco is an example, nice game but why choose the Driver universe if it doesn't share anything from it?) and they are even going full ****** with Speedboat Paradise. This is also clear that it's a moneygrabbing product.

Instead of making a useless spin-off, why don't fix Driver San Francisco on PC first since there are still features missing from the console versions and also random crashes in the online lobbies?

bdr529bb1980
12-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Instead of making a useless spin-off, why don't fix Driver San Francisco on PC first since there are still features missing from the console versions and also random crashes in the online lobbies?
Simple. They don't CARE one bit about the Driver franchise.

SALIXCAP
12-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Please Ubisoft, This has nothing to do with DRIVER.
Just that Tanner appears there doesnt make this game DRIVER. This is not a DRIVER game,has absolutely nothing to do with it. Thats an insult to the Franchise.

Skylabh77
12-20-2014, 03:07 AM
This mobile game is a worldwide joke.

gforeal
12-23-2014, 02:10 AM
Hello,

Sorry to hear you feel this way.

Yes Driver Speedboat Paradise is free-to-play, meaning that you can download and finish the game for free, if you don't enjoy it then at least it did not cost you anything to try! The game is designed to be fun for players who do not wish to pay for it and while yes, you may be able to speed up progression through the game by paying, you do not need to and the choice is left to you.

We wanted to keep the Driver IP alive and we also wanted a fresh take on the racing genre, doing this has allowed us to create a game with a storyline and a real universe players may be familiar with. Driver Speedboat Paradise shares a lot of the same themes from the previous Driver games. Our idea was to enhance the racing experience and build further upon speedboats first introduced in Driv3r.

Well, I don't agree with them. While I understand where they are coming from, I still appreciate the effort and keeping Driver alive like you said. Plus, I think it looks fun! That is all... well, besides hoping something comes to consoles as well. PSN maybe?

TheEngiGuy
12-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Well, I don't agree with them. While I understand where they are coming from, I still appreciate the effort and keeping Driver alive like you said. Plus, I think it looks fun! That is all... well, besides hoping something comes to consoles as well. PSN maybe?

They are keeping it alive but in a bad way.
Reflections has done a BAD move being sold by Ubisoft. Those guys are not only ruining Driver but they won't even fix their own abominations that is Watch Dogs and AC Unity for example. Even Driver San Francisco had limitations, poor optimization (at that time) and a horrible PC port.

Why did you do that, Reflections?

gforeal
12-24-2014, 10:43 PM
They are keeping it alive but in a bad way.

Yeah, it may be on life support, but I'm glad they're doing something with it. If you'd rather have nothing than something, then fine.

juandeagle
12-27-2014, 01:22 AM
Yeah, it may be on life support, but I'm glad they're doing something with it. If you'd rather have nothing than something, then fine.

"rather have something than nothing" my *** , this "something" is "nothing"

LemonCyro
01-14-2015, 03:35 PM
I love Driver. I love every chapter, especially Driv3r.
San Francisco was a good game a good seller, licensed cars were a big improvement to the series and that's all thanks to Ubi-Soft.
And so, why we haven't heard about a new Driver fot Ps4/XOne? Are Martin and Gareth still in Ubi-Soft?
Please don't kill ths IP, spin offs (like this Speedboat or Cop Recruit) are harmless and I'm ok with that. But we need a new big Driver, just like San Francisco was. Maybe without that goofy Shift mode but some on-foot session (without guns, like Driver 2 it would be perfect).

Hope to be read by someone. Don't let a legend die, and a beloved game with many, many loyal fans. Thx.

TheEngiGuy
01-22-2015, 11:31 AM
I love Driver. I love every chapter, especially Driv3r.
San Francisco was a good game a good seller, licensed cars were a big improvement to the series and that's all thanks to Ubi-Soft.
And so, why we haven't heard about a new Driver fot Ps4/XOne? Are Martin and Gareth still in Ubi-Soft?
Please don't kill ths IP, spin offs (like this Speedboat or Cop Recruit) are harmless and I'm ok with that. But we need a new big Driver, just like San Francisco was. Maybe without that goofy Shift mode but some on-foot session (without guns, like Driver 2 it would be perfect).

Hope to be read by someone. Don't let a legend die, and a beloved game with many, many loyal fans. Thx.

The Edmonsons brothers left after San Francisco. Driver is dead and owned by an incompetent company.

DriverisDead
01-25-2015, 08:17 AM
it only took you that long to edit and censor juandeagle's post? going to ban me next for calling you out like you did to the OP?

Neitee
02-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Hi, DriverisDead! I edited juandeagle's post according to the forum rules (inappropriate language), which you can find here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/966994-Forum-Rules.

Yemeni_Man
02-24-2015, 01:39 PM
I'm starting to get really pissed off at Ubisoft. If your not going to make a new game, then atleast sell the franchise. Remember GTA and Driver? They were rivals. We should seriously return the Driver Series to GT Interactive. I would even be okay with it being sold to Rockstar, although they were a rival to driver, atleast they put true care into their games.

Oscar97o
02-25-2015, 05:59 PM
This is extremely sad. :/

DriverisDead
03-16-2015, 03:22 AM
Hi, DriverisDead! I edited juandeagle's post according to the forum rules (inappropriate language), which you can find here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/966994-Forum-Rules.

they have a right to swear with what ubisoft has done to the driver IP, your liberal muh feelings rules don't apply

Neitee
03-19-2015, 12:31 PM
DriverisDead, this is a Ubisoft forum. You can express your opinion but you have to respect the forum rules and use appropriate language.

milesprower97
03-29-2015, 10:00 AM
this game is gonna s***, plain and simple. it already looks retar ded as hell.

i wanted a new driver game but not like this. now i'm starting to see why everyone hates ubisoft.

xSampiyon28x
04-14-2015, 02:37 PM
Wait a second here are you guys telling me that you hate this game because its not a good 'driver' game? Will changing the name from 'DRIVER speedboat paradise' to just 'speedboat paradise' make you stop hating it and even make you love it? Because if thats the point you dont have to give a s**t about the game and just move on with your life. You might hate it but youre not the center of the world theres a lot of people out there who like this game, and some of those people dont even know what 'Driver' is. You guys hating this game is like hating need for speed no limits or hating need for speed world. You can just skip this game like I did to GTA 4 its the only game that i didnt like from the GTA series. I didnt complain about it because those are my personal thaughts like you hating the game. Stop hating and move on you guys are not the only players who play this game.

LemonCyro
04-21-2015, 01:54 PM
The Edmonsons brothers left after San Francisco. Driver is dead and owned by an incompetent company.

That's sad man.... Hope Edmonson bros make their own studio and make a new ip..

Caio_Fellipi
08-22-2015, 06:25 PM
I liked the Speedboat Paradise, BUT, racing boats isn't the Focus of the franchise, we need more action in the History, another antagonist Jericho is a great antagonist, but we need another person that makes the life of Tanner the kind of Hell you won't desire to your worst enemy.

jmg9797
12-01-2015, 03:15 AM
Man I guess I'm way to old or something , I just downloaded for free a super fun game I could play on my phone !!
I got on the forums cause I was wondering when the next level would be coming out ???
How to race in the events and stuff ?
I like it man it's fun and I got through all levels never spent a penny
You peeps need to chill there's more to life than a game on your phone !
Hope new levels come soon
Love this game

MagicalHam
12-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Man I guess I'm way to old or something , I just downloaded for free a super fun game I could play on my phone !!
I got on the forums cause I was wondering when the next level would be coming out ???
Love this game

Hi! New levels will be coming in the next update, but I can't confirm a release date at the moment. You can access the Events from the main menu, by tapping the purple Events button. Hope this helps!

DriverisDead
12-31-2015, 03:28 AM
Wait a second here are you guys telling me that you hate this game because its not a good 'driver' game? Will changing the name from 'DRIVER speedboat paradise' to just 'speedboat paradise' make you stop hating it and even make you love it? Because if thats the point you dont have to give a s**t about the game and just move on with your life. You might hate it but youre not the center of the world theres a lot of people out there who like this game, and some of those people dont even know what 'Driver' is. You guys hating this game is like hating need for speed no limits or hating need for speed world. You can just skip this game like I did to GTA 4 its the only game that i didnt like from the GTA series. I didnt complain about it because those are my personal thaughts like you hating the game. Stop hating and move on you guys are not the only players who play this game.
I wish I was this naive & blind to reality.
This was Ubisoft's last attempt to get money out of the Driver IP before they killed it off by appealing to the lowest common denominator (so called "normal" people who only use the internet for social media and play games on their phone) with a F2P mobile game with transactions, end of.

Love this game
How much is Ubisoft paying you to shill this "game"?
"You peeps need to chill there's more to life than a game on your phone !"
Do you even know what the "Driver series" is, you NORP?
Driver:You Are The Wheelman, Driver 2, Driv3r, Driver:Parallel Lines, Driver San Francisco (to a lesser degree) - not this tripe.

Dduclo
03-05-2016, 02:15 PM
You spoiled , entitled kids need to reflect on your attitude. Just spend more time playing a game you love rather than demand everybody please you with their free games. I love this game on my tablet I just wish there were some hints ,tips , rules for game play. I have one star I can't get because I don't know how to get 14 seconds nitro...any suggestion's?

anarkzie
03-07-2016, 06:10 PM
OK, Im kind of late to the Driver Paradise party only having just started playing this now but the game is great. True it feels much more like burnout at sea game than a Driver game but it's a free to play game that you don't need to play if you're not into it, if you don't like it then you've spent nothing so get a hold of yourself. It's clearly a spin off rather than the next game in the series, so I really don't get the unhinged posts on this site. It's a good free game that you can get through on skill only; what's not to like.

ogody2016
03-09-2016, 10:03 AM
2 more casual dudebros who have never touched an actual Driver game who registered just to be paid to shill this tripe. How surprising.
They don't even attempt to hide it, their spelling, grammar and mannerisms just scream shill.