PDA

View Full Version : Help. Can't get ACU to run if Fraps is started

greymann17
12-13-2014, 03:16 PM
On other AC versions, I have always just started Fraps and then the game and all is fine.

On ACU I have tried every combination I can think of but I get as far as the four coop guys screen showing, right now I'm running in windowed mode and it starts to show and then I get "ACU.exe" failed. I'm running under Uplay.

Any suggestions anyone? Now that the AMD release has improved things, I'd kinda like to know what fps I'm getting.

IMRicko
12-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Have you tried disabling Uplay Overlay from the Uplay settings? Some game like Watch Dogs actually needs overlay to be disabled before using 3rd party apps like MSI afterburner or FRAPS

greymann17
12-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Yes, that is one of the things I've tried to no avail.

I've tried running from the desktop icon, loading Uplay and then selecting ACU, and launching from AMD Gaming Evolved. BTW, when I do the last, I get their overlay showing how to record and such but not if fraps is running.

I'm really stumped since it seems most are able to do this.

Thanks for any advice.

YazX_
12-13-2014, 11:29 PM
well seems other softwares overlay hook is conflicting with the game and sometimes it causes the game to crash, i dont know about you but i stopped using Fraps long time ago, Nvidia/AMD offer recording on rendering level which is way better than any recording softwares and performance hit is minimal compared to Fraps and others, thats why they dont conflict with anything, other softwares inject hooks to be able to do that and sometimes these hooks conflict with the software/game itself.

If you are using it to display FPS, you can use RTSS which is bundled with MSI AfterBurner (actually you can display many other options in OSD) but make sure its configured:

1. Application Detection Level to Low.
2. Stealth Mode is on.

otherwise, the game will crash if those above are not set, if you are not comfortable with any other softwares but fraps, then unfortunately, Fraps developer need to update it so it wont conflict with the game and thats unlikely to happen to be honest.

greymann17
12-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks, that works perfectly. I originally just wanted fps but now have that and all the other osd options. I had looked at afterburner but hadn't seen that the rtss was a separate install. All is good now.

YazX_
12-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Glad i was able to help, but please remember, even with RTSS, games might crash when starting up, so if it happens and you encountered a crash when launching a game, first thing to do is disable RTSS OSD for that game.