PDA

View Full Version : 'One or more objects under terrain' problem (PC)

a22ghooligan
12-12-2014, 09:17 PM
I made a map from scratch(didnt use a template) and I raised the land to make an island,village etc etc.And underneath the terrain Ive made a rather large cave system.

But the map will not validate cause of the 'One or more objects under terrain' message in the validation menu.And man theres a LOT of em.The cave system has tunnels,objects,A.I etc etc I put a real lotta work into it and didnt think this would be a problem.Ive searched through the editor but cant find a way to set a terrain level(not move the terrain) tell the editor where I want the level.Does that even exist,or is there another way of getting round this problem.Im still kinda new to this my 3rd map tbh so go easy ;)

Fallen-Champ
12-12-2014, 11:47 PM
I have some sections under the map, as far as I am aware things under the map (under terrain) will always flag up yellow on validation - I would not worry about that at all.

I have had some show as red before with A.I. because they were not connected to the Nav Mesh - meaning that the A.I. Enemy could not freely walk around because I had them placed higher up with little room to move, for that there were tall thin red columns in these areas - I was told that the map can still be published but I have not tried this yet because I am fine tuning some areas.

You should be ok with your map honestly - hopefully others will let you know who have published a map showing areas under the map as yellow with validation still, If not I should have mine published tomorrow night.

On console we could not delete a map that had been published, this needs to be sorted out - unsure if it's the same on PC.

Svermette
12-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Like FALLEN said 'yellow' warnings are fine. I have tons of things under the terrain. I had red ones that told me that an enemy spawning was under (slightly) the map.
All you have to do (for consoles anyway) is click on the red warning and it brings you right to the problem!