PDA

View Full Version : Loss vs. Faction Results over 123 Games

Kurency
12-11-2014, 08:38 PM
For those with an interest in statistics, here are my results for 123 matches of the SoB series in the both formats but with most games in the standand format. During which I've had 65 wins and 58 losses. The following breakdown measures my losses rate against each faction. Keep in mind that I have not been playing competitively, that is using my strongest decks, rather casually for the most part completing dailies and experimenting.

Inferno: 22/58 = 37.9%
Necropolis: 8/58 = 13.7%
Sanctuary: 8/58 = 13.7 %
Stronghold: 7/58 = 12%
Academy: 5/58 = 8.6%
Haven: 3/58 = 5.1%

From my results what this tells me is

1) Inferno is indeed dominating the current game.
2) Haven is still the weakest faction.
3) I need to stop playing casually and experimenting.

If you have different results, please post them. I'm curious to see the results of other players.

Nillicomes
12-11-2014, 10:44 PM
There's no doubt that I won't agree with you that Haven is the weakest faction!
It is not so many games for statistics. Usually l4m4 gather a lot of replays from top players before his tournaments: http://lamabalonik.blogspot.dk/p/popular-decks.html

You can see a list of most played heroes there. They is a good indication what is strongest atm.

I do tho agree about Winferno is strongest and most dominating!

D10is13
12-11-2014, 11:46 PM
It's a bit ridiculous to me. I feel bad playing with this Ignatius deck, but come on...is everyone going to play Kal'azaar?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk236/d10is13/kal.jpg (http://s281.photobucket.com/user/d10is13/media/kal.jpg.html)

Nillicomes
12-12-2014, 09:05 AM
I guess if you pick Inferno they are allowed as well ;(

D10is13
12-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Yeah I've been really wanting to find a new faction to use, but they're all so expensive comparatively.

I remember when I first started the game and was just trying to win a match against Inferno to get the deck, it took me forever. I regretted my decision during the tutorial of picking something other than Inferno. It just seemed like they were far better from my 2-3 match experience. My opinion since then hasn't really changed.

Leisses
12-12-2014, 03:31 PM
All you showed in your post were that inferno is been played more than other factions.

Why didn't you post your victories against each faction? Incomplete data is only useful to those who wants to mislead information.

malkorion
12-12-2014, 04:38 PM
I've just beaten three Kal-Azaars with Old Mother Namtaru :D I guess it's not totally hopeless.

Mushidoz
12-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Good players and absolutely horrible players that do not deserve wins spam inferno currently. Statistics are not accurate because of that. Kal-Azaar and Deleb, especially, would have a much higher win ratio overrall if it wasn't for knight-level players picking inferno and winning games they shouldn't have. So yes, of course Malkorion, you will manage to win games against Kal or Deleb. It doesn't mean that Kal is "not as overpowered" as you might think.

And yes, Haven is far from being the weakest faction. They are far from even being considered weak imo. Problem is players don't seem to know how to play them...

malkorion
12-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Of course, Kal is still overpowered, and it's very annoying (or frustrating) to play against him. As for Haven, the only viable strategy I can see for them is Barracks stacking because of recurring threats.

If I had order factions based on power level, I'd put them like this, in Standard:

1) Inferno
2) Stronghold
3) Haven
4) Necropolis
5) Academy
6) Sanctuary

Approximately, and this is just my opinion.

I've tried playing Kal-Azaar, but so far out of 11 games (9 in Open, and 2 in Standard) I've won only 2 (1 in Open, 1 in Standard). Either I suck at it, or just got really unlucky, because other Kal-Azaar players usually destroy me no matter what.

Licker34
12-12-2014, 06:26 PM
My records vs. Kal are great when I play Deleb or Mother.

They are decent when I play Cassandra.

When I play Yukiko I have yet to beat Kal though :p

0-9

But I really suck with sanctuary for some reason.

D10is13
12-12-2014, 08:04 PM
My main problem with Haven is if I don't draw a barracks the deck becomes completely worthless. I have horrible horrible luck, so if I have 4 barracks and 4 construction, there are often times where I will have between 10-20 cards left in my deck and still have not gotten a single one of them.

I really need to figure out a deck that I like, since they seem like the best faction against spells.

Tetsuro_P12
12-14-2014, 05:33 PM
My main problem with Haven is if I don't draw a barracks the deck becomes completely worthless. I have horrible horrible luck, so if I have 4 barracks and 4 construction, there are often times where I will have between 10-20 cards left in my deck and still have not gotten a single one of them.

I really need to figure out a deck that I like, since they seem like the best faction against spells.

It depends on the rank. To me Haven is nicely playable until Champion I and you can deploy a Slava or Cassandra without any building. Morgan too but it's a bit more difficult.

For the next Expansion Inferno must receive NO cards. At least we could see some re-balance (anyway they will get neutral Spell or Fortune cards).

MartinCajbik
12-15-2014, 12:10 AM
I am not very big Haven lover, but from time to time I play Morgan with only one Chapel of Elrath and have 50% win rate as Champion 3. Key cards are Inquisitors (both), Sunrise to return them back + Geysers and Meteors. I was even able to win a Swiss with it:-).