PDA

View Full Version : V1 ground object

pik_as
03-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks to the person that told me how to install the V-1 objects into the game. Now it works really well. I just love the sound of the V-1, and the take-off seems very realistic, except for one thing. The aircraft were started on the ground, the engine being fed fuel from an external source. Once the tailpipe was glowing cherry red, and all systems were go, the bird was launched. So it would be nice if the creators could have this feature added for realism. It would make it easier to find by Allied pilots also if they could see the exhaust glowing as it sat on the ramp. Just a thought... thanks for the neat job of modelling it otherwise.

pik_as
03-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks to the person that told me how to install the V-1 objects into the game. Now it works really well. I just love the sound of the V-1, and the take-off seems very realistic, except for one thing. The aircraft were started on the ground, the engine being fed fuel from an external source. Once the tailpipe was glowing cherry red, and all systems were go, the bird was launched. So it would be nice if the creators could have this feature added for realism. It would make it easier to find by Allied pilots also if they could see the exhaust glowing as it sat on the ramp. Just a thought... thanks for the neat job of modelling it otherwise.

Spinne_3.-JG51
03-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Try putting some ground objects around the V-1 launching ramps, like fuel trucks, a radar to track to V-1, some sheds to store V-1s in, etc... Basically, create a V-1 launching base. It'll make it much easier for you to find the ramps, and it'll be more realistic.

http://www.student.richmond.edu/~vk5qa/images/forumsig.jpg

"Come on in, I'll treat you nice! I used to know your father."

pik_as
03-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh yeah, I've done that too. I also placed extra trees around to make it look like a swath was cut for the launch ramp. But think about night time if we had exhaust glow for every plane in the inventory.