PDA

View Full Version : Solo co-op missions question

Zial-
12-07-2014, 11:16 PM
I wanted to know if you could play the co-op missions solo without a PS+ subscription?
Also, has the patches actually done anything, does the game run better and with fewer problems?

I don't own the game yet or one of the new consoles. I was thinking of finally picking up a PS4 and either Unity or Far Cry 4.
Unity would have been an easy pick but with all the issues, it made me stop and think.
Anyway, thanks for the help/info.

MegaRock35
12-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Yes, you can play solo via the progress tracker and using "play offline." One is ungodly hard solo, though.

I think the patches have helped a bit, but it has a while to go. I didn't encounter most of the stuff, so I'm not the best source regarding patches.

wvstolzing
12-07-2014, 11:25 PM
It's possible to solo the all co-cop missions and heists without a PS+ subscription.

Contrary to what you may read/hear online, they're also quite doable solo, *provided that* you have upgraded gear. I beat the most notorious one ('the Tournament') with relative ease.

On the PS4, the patches have led to a few immediately noticable improvements; an all-around framerate fix is supposed to come in the last patch. My impression is that the PC version had it worst, making it unplayable to a lot of people; the glitches & framerate drops were never *that bad* on the PS4 to begin with.

Zial-
12-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Just picked up a PlayStation 4 last night with Assassin's Creed Unity for free!

Zial-
12-29-2014, 06:29 AM
OK, so I finally started playing Unity and tried to start a co-op mission offline and it wouldn't work. When I tried to start the mission the "accept" would gray out and not do anything, I then connected online thinking maybe it needed to connect to the server for some reason, but that only made it try to get me to purchase PS+.
Am I doing something wrong, I just want to play the mission solo?

wvstolzing
12-29-2014, 06:56 AM
OK, so I finally started playing Unity and tried to start a co-op mission offline and it wouldn't work. When I tried to start the mission the "accept" would gray out and not do anything, I then connected online thinking maybe it needed to connect to the server for some reason, but that only made it try to get me to purchase PS+.
Am I doing something wrong, I just want to play the mission solo?

Try starting the mission from the progress tracker, or from the map, by selecting "private".

The 'private' option isn't shown when you approach in-game mission giver ninjas.

Zial-
12-29-2014, 07:21 AM
Try starting the mission from the progress tracker, or from the map, by selecting "private".

The 'private' option isn't shown when you approach in-game mission giver ninjas.

Ohhhh, I see. Well that's just dumb, the NPC who issues the mission should have the option for solo, especially when your playing offline...
Thanks for the help, I'll try again tomorrow.