PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic, ever heard of quality control? Patch?.. should read Bodge

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Can anyone at UBI explain to me how they managed to release a Patch update that Does not allowed you to Join Their own Server UBI COM? I see someone has posted a Fix but for it to have been released in the first place like that the person responsible should be either sacked or sent to Microsoft.

A One Legged Half Witted Brain Dead Moron would surely of had the Common Sense to test and ensure the game Update that was being put out by themselves or at least on their behalf would connect to their own Game server,

Poor was a word that sprung to mind, but I soon dispensed with that word as it does not do it justice, pathetic is closer to the mark, confusion reigns over on UBI COM, well done guys, you do not do yourselves any favours do you.

I Just Hope the One Legged Half Witted Brain Dead Moron comes back of his holidays soon, so they have someone with a air of credibility back on the team.

Or did they Test it in Hyperlobby as opposed to on UBI COM

Message Edited on 08/12/0308:40PM by Taylortony

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Can anyone at UBI explain to me how they managed to release a Patch update that Does not allowed you to Join Their own Server UBI COM? I see someone has posted a Fix but for it to have been released in the first place like that the person responsible should be either sacked or sent to Microsoft.

A One Legged Half Witted Brain Dead Moron would surely of had the Common Sense to test and ensure the game Update that was being put out by themselves or at least on their behalf would connect to their own Game server,

Poor was a word that sprung to mind, but I soon dispensed with that word as it does not do it justice, pathetic is closer to the mark, confusion reigns over on UBI COM, well done guys, you do not do yourselves any favours do you.

I Just Hope the One Legged Half Witted Brain Dead Moron comes back of his holidays soon, so they have someone with a air of credibility back on the team.

Or did they Test it in Hyperlobby as opposed to on UBI COM

Message Edited on 08/12/0308:40PM by Taylortony

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:40 PM
You have to remember that this is a beta release, despite it being open, and is therefore not final. Problems are to be expected. I did the fix and have had no problems online. It just involves a tiny amount of work for the user.

To be able to fare well,
To avoid the frustration of misfortune,
That, in this world, is happiness.
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:42 PM
That is a pretty poor excuse and a all singing all dancing get out clause for incompetemce, the Patch really is a game one...... connection problems should not be involved

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Not sure how it works but if they upgraded the servers would that close out all who haven't installed the patch?

Anyway I think some people have a great lack of patience.

http://members.chello.se/ven/milton.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:44 PM
I got no problem at joining UBI.com's server. Works great.

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ T-Bred B
Epox 8K9AI
PC2100 512MB DDR
GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB
Game Theater XP w/ Sony MHC-BX6AV 5.1 surround sound

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Vengeanze wrote:
Not sure how it works but if they upgraded the
servers would that close out all who haven't

The patch is installed a lot of people cannot connect because the game cannot be found,
before someone came up with the answer to the probem I had reinstalled UBI Com as Stephane (UBI_Gambit) had told me to try that last time we had problems.... Result i can not join anything online now................

A 12 year old school boy I might expect to make these basic errors, but someone who is being paid to do it I DO NOT, Im sorry but what is the point of beta testing a Patch if they do not bother to see if it will connect the Game to their own server.............

I suppose UBI is an Acronym for Usually Bloody Incompentant.......

If I mess up at work, People Die, Shame it didnt happen with them then we might get some properly produced Updates instead of the Fiasco we get everytime.

Message Edited on 08/12/0308:59PM by Taylortony

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Well dont play the game if your so frusterated. Dont take it out all on a patch.

<center>
http://www.geocities.com/cgdreamerx/sigimage3.jpg.txt
I do not know any good signature message, so I will put this anyway.
-=[CGDreamerX]=-

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:00 PM
DOnt you understand, I cant play the damn game because of the Patch Farce

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Maybe this is their subtle way of saying that HyperLobby is a better server?

I'd rather switch than fight!

(10 pts to anyone old enough to remember where this slogan came from)

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:01 PM
It seems fine to me.

Hot Space

An Antelope is not just for Christmas - It's for putting in Sandwich's as well!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:02 PM
True, I dont even use Ubi so I really dont care much about it, HL is MUCH better.

<center>
http://www.geocities.com/cgdreamerx/sigimage3.jpg.txt
I do not know any good signature message, so I will put this anyway.
-=[CGDreamerX]=-

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Taylortony, you sully your work by comparing it to a game.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Tonyt is correct, the amount of people who asked 'where can I find regedit' speaks volumes of the patch problem, the adage 'if you have to ask you shouldn't meddle.' concerning regedit, speaks volumes

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:35 PM
SeaFireLIV wrote:
Taylortony, you sully your work by comparing it to a
game.

I was using it as an analogy, If they bothered to put the same amount of care into their product, we would not be having this discussion........I am reinstalling the whole game as we speak if this fails it is a free game to whoever has only got IL2 and wants the discs and i will look for and move on to a properly supported product. where Quality is a byword not a dream.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Phalcon51 wrote:
- Maybe this is their subtle way of saying that
- HyperLobby is a better server?
-
- I'd rather switch than fight!
-
- (10 pts to anyone old enough to remember where this
- slogan came from)
-
-

Old ciggerette ad Phalcon but I want 10 in my paypal account instead lol

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:50 PM
hi guys,

I give up with ubi. I tried this evening every tip from
the forum.

That guy of ubi on the forum do if he is god.

There are so many people who plays il2fb.

Im also frustrating that i now cant play il2 online
anymore.

Pls can someone explain how i can play il2fb
online with hyperlobby??

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:53 PM
I can not comprehend why people would think i would want to fly on Hyperlobby, I have a lot of friends On the Ubi Server and we have some good matches, I have absolutley no intention of swopping and loosing my gaming buddies... The only downer UBI Com has is the shoddy system they run....If you think about it the game came with Ubi Com and the fact Ubi Com has about 200 players and Hyperlobby has 500 at a time, when Ubi started off with a captive audience should tell them something about it

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Here's the link to Hyperlobby. I happened to have it but I rarely play online. I hate online play!! Yuck!!!!!!!!

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:38 PM
mortoma wrote:
- I hate online play!!
-

A very eye catching statement. Do you mind if I ask why you hate online play? I am seriously interested.

<center>http://www.km011a0004.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/poser3.jpg <CENTER>
<center><b/><table style="filter:glow[color=#FF0000,strength=4)"><TD><font color="#1A0000"face="americanabt">A society flexible enough to stand for everything really stands for nothing<font></table></center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:26 AM
Well i can see why now, I only ever play it online but it increasing is becoming more of a battle just to connect than to play

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:35 AM
I`d have to agree with Taylortony here. Although I do not play much online, releasing an update with this bug (easy to fix as it may be) is like putting out a new car and forgetting to include inside door openers.

But the graphics do flow better now.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:57 AM
And the sounds a 100% better /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:42 AM
lack of mods, no doubt still trying to get their game to run as well

eskimo-FHmod
08-13-2003, 02:00 AM
i dont know about the other guy but i hate online play because of the people. just look around this forum and you ll find a thousand good reasons not to play online. take the starter of this topic for example. arrogant, demanding, self righteous ... just one more reason to play offline or on a lan where acctually behave because they wouldnt get away with apathetic behaviour they only dare to display from within the saftey of their own four walls.
SmokeJaguar wrote:
-
- mortoma wrote:
-- I hate online play!!
--
-
- A very eye catching statement. Do you mind if I ask
- why you hate online play? I am seriously interested.
-
-

<centerhttp://homepages.ihug.com.au/~peabody/ihugSig.jpg (http://www.fhmod.com)