PDA

View Full Version : Season Pass not working

Insultobot
12-06-2014, 05:01 AM
Hi, I bought the season pass for myself and for a friend in steam. We both installed it through steam and once in game, when we select DLC levels, it prompts us to buy.
We tried entering the cd key for the pass in UPlay but it says it is already redeemed to our accounts. We both tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No dice. Any help would be appreciated.

En0-
12-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Hello,

Are you sure you redeemed in Uplay the key of the season pass?
Otherwise you can contact the customer support (information here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/875276-How-To-Report-A-Bug-Error-READ-FIRST )
If you're still blocked, let us know.

Regards,

Insultobot
12-08-2014, 06:52 PM
ah, I had no idea I had to activate the code for the DLC seperately in UPlay....
I just saw the code for the base game was activated.

Thanks for the quick help.

Now for a quick opinion. I would personally prefer to not have games require two separate DRM UIs. Steam and UPlay. If Ubisoft wants to have UPlay, that's fine and great. Just don't have them ALSO on Steam. Again, just my opinion, but it would make things much simpler. I mean, I even have entire separate friends lists and accounts. I buy a game on Steam and I can't even play it through Steam... I play it through UPlay. Cut the middle man I say. Have either just Steam or just Uplay.
I'm done venting. Thanks again for the fast help!

En0-
12-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Hi Insultobot,

Just for your information: Uplay is not used as a DRM solution anymore for a while :) It's used as a client for a store and as a way to have a unique account for players for us to be able to link the experience cross platforms :)

Also, if you want to buy games in Uplay without Steam, you can. But we propose both as some players still prefer to buy directly in Steam.

Cheers,